Why doesn't anyone talk about this show

Why doesn't anyone talk about this show

Attached: 1521110718878.png (970x1500, 2.35M)

It was bad and nobody wanted to watch it.

>Snyergy
>not Muh
>Sup Forums is the new Sup Forums
>Disney
>Marvel shilling
>Sup Forums

Take your pick, Sup Forums will bitch about anything. Personally I have no opinion on it because I haven’t seen it yet

if people pretend it doesn't exist they can whine about how all shows are calarts style

it wasn't though

Current Marvel Animated Trinity isn't kino as the previous Trinity.

It's genuinely not very good. James Gunn himself dissed the soundtrack they chose.

Sup Forums doesn't care about it that's how bad and bland it is.

Because it's genuinely not good, yeah they tried doing synergy with the first movie but they ran out of material to copy and started pulling from the Bendis GotG run but since that was trash it made the cartoon even more awful.

Then they tried doing their own stuff but it was just bad, like they tried giving Rocket a family of Raccoons but they were all obnoxious and copies of Rocket. Gamora and Drax have no personality and Peter Quill is literally a manchild without anything that makes MCU Quill likeable.

Also they had the bright idea of bringing in Mantis and making her a villain and a lackey of Peter's dad and then killing her off. Yondu was also shit and there's none of the father/son relationship from the comics, Quill just hates him. They did a weird thing where they had Sam in the cartoon but he looks like a teen Rich Rider, it's really weird and he's being trained by Rhomann Dey in the end but Rhomann doesn't have powers because Sam's helmet is from some ancient Novas who were there to fight Adam or some shit.

Oh and Star-Lord's father gets another Nova helmet and so does the Black order, they become evil Novas. Sam joins up with J'Son for awhile because J'Son promises to tell him what happened to his dad (yes that shitty dad plot came back in the cartoon) and Sam does shit that isn't exactly heroic but he's forgiven in the end.

Also the incessant potty humor and BO jokes and the animation being shit.

The only good thing I'll say about this shitty cartoon is that I liked the Adam Warlock/Magus arc, it was the only entertaining thing about it and the passport DnA shoutouts were nice but that's about it.

Because their playlist was just a bunch of popular songs that had nothing to do with the scenes they played in and were basically the equivalent of "70's/80's greatest hits" eventually they dropped the whole music thing because they didn't give a shit.

Attached: quality animation.jpg (500x281, 38K)

the animation may be weak but i like the character designs

That's the thing they had no idea what to do with this cartoon, the writers didn't really care about GotG outside of the first movie and vol. 2 hadn't come out so the first season was mostly Ronan, Thanos, Nebula, Collector, and Korath as the antagonists for most of that.

Now they're starting Season 3 and they're basing their storyline on the Disneyland ride where the Guardians have to escape from the Collector, really? All the material that they can pull from Marvel Cosmic and they decide to do that? Awful.

>and started pulling from the Bendis GotG run
Worse, they pulled from Humprheis' Star-Lord run and had Star-Lord's sister.

That said aren't they doing away with the GotG cartoon, the Avengers cartoon, and the new Spider-Man cartoon anyway?

You'll love the still screenshot comic they have based on the cartoon then.

Why is Wacker so desperate to avoid material from before the movie?

Well he does use Wraith.

Yeah he was in that episode where Peter needed to bring a weapon that was his to Xandar but the Novas didn't want him because he pranked them hard during the Xandarian version of April's Fools (and blew up one of Xandar's moons)

But the weapon was going to do something bad if Peter didn't bring it to a Xandarian forcefield or something, then they fight with Wraith but they fail to take the weapon to where they needed to. In the end turns out the weapon just farted a horrible green far that covers the planet and Yondu masterminded the whole thing because he wanted to be the prank King.

Yeah this is what this cartoon is about.

>Also they had the bright idea of bringing in Mantis and making her a villain and a lackey of Peter's dad and then killing her off
What the hell were they thinking with that? That's like making a Green Lantern show and then having John Stewart be a bad guy then die, like what the fuck were they smoking?

Attached: Mantis.jpg (669x724, 68K)

They use some pre-movie and pre-Bendis stuff but they fucked it up.

They use Ship but her name is Rora or something. When she's introduced she's evil and obsessed with J'Son but turns good. They also use Korvac but change his background and make him a fat scientist who was in love with Ship then just upgraded himself into a cyborg.

They use the Universal Church of truth (they call them Believers) but they don't do much.

Annihilus was used to but I didn't watch that episode, they probably misused him too.

They weren't thinking and didn't know what to do with Mantis so they killed her off. They are probably kicking themselves now since Gunn introduced her to the MCU.

It doesn't matter anyway, Disney is nuking Marvel Animation, they probably realized how shit it is.

Does Disney plan to replace it with a different team or pulling the plug altogether?

>Yondu was also shit and there's none of the father/son relationship from the comics
That version of Yondu isn‘t from the comics. No, Humphries synergy bullshit doesn‘t count.

The only cartoons anyone on this board watches are the ones with a lot of small children in them because the only ones on this board who watch cartoons are male and female pedophiles.

That‘s the one single thing you AREN‘T meant to use.

I‘m glad I dropped this show two episodes in.

so Sam's semi-starring?

They're pulling the plug on everything and so far haven't said anything other than that. Judging by the new cartoon with Spider-Gwen, Squirrel girl, and the others they might even just do short mini series. Marvel Animation might as well be dead for the foreseable future

Oops I meant to say from the movies

That's how bad it is they used the Edge Lord character no one liked and somehow managed to make him more unlikable.

He only pops up in Season 2 and for some episodes with the Adam Warlock arc. Basically the Novas in this cartoon are the MCU Novas and some secret sect of Black Novas (who have the Nova force) who were suppose to be Guardians to Adam Warlock and warriors who were suppose to defeat him if he became Magus.

Sam's dad was one of them at some point he goes "Supernova" and explodes while fighting Thanos.

Also the Black Nova helmets get treated like Green Lantern rings. At one point before Sam goes and gets them all for the Guardians to fight against Magus. Then when magus is defeated the helmets leave the Guardians to search for suitable candidates.

This also doens't seem to be in continuity with the Avengers cartoon or the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon but then again the continuity in those cartoons is weird as fuck.

Holy shit, so... it's an amalgam of MCU, comics and their own thing, but it's all a mess because most concepts contradict each other? like that part about Sam as a classic Nova and Rhomann Dey as an MCU Nova lol

Yeah and they also did a lot of Symbiote episodes for some reason (using the Klyntar idea from Bendis). They had an episode where they go to the Symbiote planet, then a four parter with the symbiotes attacking Asgard, and recently on Season 3 they're having a two parter (at least I think it's a two parter) with symbiotes attacking New York.

the show limit only guardians of the galaxy are the hero , killing other hero like avenger and thor , making them weak and stupid , like magnet can destroy iron man armor .

They're going to decide what to put in the streaming channel, so they're restructuring their animation studio, and that means letting go of most of their people.

Ship was called Rora in the first Starlord series. Read more.

hulk vs drax , hulk lose .

I actually quite like the show. It takes a lot of liberties, as do the other Marvel animated shows, but I enjoy it.

Gamora is kinda hot too though

Attached: Gamora.png (974x746, 562K)

spiderman vs starlord , rocket , drax
spiderman win

Exactly. Clickbaity sites just simply say they're cancelled, despite that animation blog stating Marvel Animation is entering a massive "hiatus".

I like the show, but I gotta agree with a lot of the criticisms people have posted here.

My biggest one has to be with Peter: he's just annoying comic relief that lags behind everyone else, and is just useless. Season 2 fixes that a lot by making him central to the Adam Warlock stuff, making him more competent as a leader and having him act parental towards Sam and Adam. Season 3's only two episodes in, but it looks like they might go back on the changes and make him a buffoon again.

Gamora is an absolute goddess in this show. Shame her personality sucks.

I know thst but I didn't remember the name.

They should scrap these shit shows and start over with new stuff and new writers.

I noticed they had Mairghread Scott write some of the Adam Warlock episodes so that might be why he wasn't such a loser there.

But yeah he was tolerable and had good moments in Season 2 with Adam but Season 3 is back to square one.

>I like want to fap to a character
>Show is automatically good
Those are so low as fuck standards.

Attached: 1491750913089.png (1920x1080, 1.03M)

I think the worst part of season 3 is that it it'll probably focus on the Collector. He's one of my favorite villains, but the way they portray him basically leaves out everything I like about him. So now we just have this ugly guy with a funny accident, doing generic villain stuff.

No, they ARE cancelled, but they actually have a plan for what they want to do afterwards.

They have a job to make kids care about the other big shit in the Marvel Universe now after they've done the opposite to everything that wasn't MCU for the past decade.

They need to get the X-Men and Fantastic Four into something animated and good. If Moon Girl has Titmouse on board, it would be inexcusable if any of their bigger properties get shitty animation.

How the hell is Netflix spending more on animation budgets than Marvel is?

it wasn't that great. i only watched it for rocket, groot, and drax. sam alexander cameo was nice.