Should the government prevent “mega mergers” of corporations that could potentially control a large percentage of...

Should the government prevent “mega mergers” of corporations that could potentially control a large percentage of market share within its industry?

All communication utilities should be nationalized

You are a few decades too late for that.

it's literally one of the few things the federal government should be allowed to do.

monopolies are bad for consumers and bad for the economy

>What could go wrong

at&t and Time Warner are not even competitors. This is vertical integration, which is not remotely anti-competitive.

bad idea

horrible idea

Then 1st amendment would apply

this

ikr
>implying you don't want to pay the highest premium possible for sub-tier government internet

not much actually.

natural monopolies are best run in the public interest.

Most already do.
As they should, stagnant monopolies eliminate the possible advantages of a free market.

>Should the government
No.

Why should the government control this? They get involved in these things like taxis vs uber and lyft preventing innovation.

Should the people prevent "mega mergers" of governments that could potentially control a large percentage of everything?

Fuck leftists

Pretty much both of those corporations need to be hit with the baby bell hammer, ATT especially

Here we have shitty internet cartels too and the government internet I have is the best one in my city.
Really makes you think.

a first world country is a lot different in operation than yours
Need I remind you how black you guys are?

This.

9% more than USA, not a big difference. :^)

yes, monopolies are anti-competitive

Doesn't it already?

Don't you have competetion/anti trust laws?