Knife for self defense

Is a knife a decent weapon for self defense?
>what is the best kind of knife for this

/k/ bullies me when I ask these questions

I think it would technically be a switch blade, a good one that would be pricey, but they're illegal. So you probably want something similar to the OP that you can pull out from your belt or whatever quickly.

bump

I have the knife in pic, it's pretty gud

I got this from a google search, link to amazon for this knife?

It'd work

Any decent folder, such as Cold Steel, Spyderco, and whatnot, will work for a concealed one

Typical fighting/utility knives if you don't need to conceal it; such as the common KA-BAR

only gypsies conceal carry knifes here

>be American
>able to get a gun but gets a knife instead

You aren't very smart, are you?

>knife
>defense

Is it worth carrying a full fighting knife or will a folding knife suffice?

I'm 18 in a cucked state, fucking Greece pay debts

No, it's a horrible weapon for self defense. It's ineffective enough as a force-multiplier that if you're in a situation where you legitimately need a weapon to defend yourself, it probably won't fill the bill. Furthermore the law treats knife usage a lot stricter than they do gun usage, so you have a harder case to prove that you were acting in self defense.

Knives are most useful as a weapon of offense, when you have initiative on the person you want to attack, their utility when you're trying to defend yourself is basically null. I have similar feelings about pepper spray, for that matter. Great to disable someone you're assaulting when you can control the circumstances you're using it under, horrible to rely on if someone is forcing you to defend yourself.

Best weapons for self defense are a pistol or maybe, *maybe* a taser.

You're more likely to be injured defending yourself with a knife than if you do nothing at all.

You're an American, for fuck's sake.

Get a gun.

this

For an EDC piece, a folding knife will suffice

Spyderco Endura or Cold Steel Ti-Lite 4" are what I like

To keep next to your bed, that's what a larger knife is for (or bush walking)

I live in Illinois, and I can't get a gun license and a gun because I'm a broke boy. What are my options?

A knife has more utility than just combat you know
What if you get in a wreck and need to cut the seatbelt?

Depends on a few factor. If you know how to use it properly, sure it can be. It also depends on what you're defending against. Don't bring a knife to a gun fight as they say.

Hey I am not the one who needs protection here. Its you who has the nigger problem.

Why are you here? Your job is to just stand there and have a big nose, not have opinions. Grease.

Besides, guns are fucking expensive. Rifles are cheaper than handguns, and who in the wild fuck is going to open carry a rifle everywhere? It's either
1. Pay 20-80$ for a quick contingency plan for a poorfag worried about crime
or
2. Forgo next months rent to get a handgun. We cant all be STEM.

You should definitely own some knives you faggot.

It's fine for defense, dude

Stab someone that's assaulting you and they won't continue assaulting you

Under 21 feet, it's no worst than a firearm

Folding knife is better for stealth. All you really need is a sharp blade, no matter what kind.

I live in the ghetto and as such always have my hand on it when I walk home.

I guess the bad thing about knives is the fatality rate. I don't wanna go to jail for stabbing a mugger or whatever.

No. Your odds of being injured are generally higher than literally doing nothing.

If you can keep it hidden and strike with it in a situation that can afford you the most damage in a single strike, it may work to your benefit - but when in proximity your best option is basically to just full cuck.

That said, we're probably talking predominately about a situation where protection of property, not persons, is concerned. When it comes to defending yourself from assault, rather than robbery, I would say it's better than nothing. Still risky. Would still recommend a gun. They're not known as equalizers for nothing.

Move to real America.

>the US has one single weapon law

If you have a knife and the opponent doesn't, you win in almost all instances.

Hell, you beat a firearm up close.

>Its you who has the nigger problem.
Your whole country is a nigger country

>gibs me dat
>sheeeeeit we dindu nuffin we got no debts we dindu nuffin

probably because they're fucking stupid questions
unless you know how to knife fight (you dont) you're more likely to hurt yourself using a knife in self defense

Does your cucked state have laws against black powder guns? They're not classified as firearms at the federal level, and very few states have laws against them specifically. You have a felony record, mental illness, you're under 21 or legally blind? Doesn't matter, you can get a black powder revolver.

A short barrel model runs about 200 bucks on Cabelas, and that'll probably drop on Black Friday.

Why would you go to jail for stabbing a mugger

Stab

That's what you do

It's not rocket science

People only hurt themselves on knives if they stab with kitchen ones (and even then, the person stabbed is far worst off)

Utter shit.
CCW if you want to defend yourself.
Don't forget to train yourself at the range

>$660 in bank acct.
>Suicide-tier student loans
what do

A knife beats a firearm under 21 feet

>Is a knife a decent weapon for self defense?
No, it's possibly one of the worst ones. Get a baton or pepper spray

Here.
Now fuck off faggot.

Idiot

It's a very basic thrusting motion. Are yoy physically impaired due to being morbidly obese? If so I understand why you'd experience difficulties wielding a knife

Lose that weight

>black powder gun
Im 18, how feasible is this? Is it expensive? Is it one shot and then I'm fucked?

This
Even a baton would be a better option

You can't quickly incapacitate someone with a baton

A single thrusting motion to center of mass with a knife will disable an attacker very quickly

Furthermore there are hardly any effective defenses AGAINST a knife, even if you specifically train for it - nobody who instructs in martial arts or krav maga will recommend anything other than RUN from it when possible

Bin that knife lad

bump

Yes

Other than a drawn firearm ready to shoot, there's little defense against a knife

There's a reason daggers were the #1 weapon before reliable concealed pistols

Would you rather face multiple opponents with a knife or a baton?
Self defence weapons are all about keeping the assaulter at distance

I've heard chopsticks can be fatal when used correctly

only if it has a blood groove

>knives

Carry a gun like a man you pussy

there are no winners in a knife fight, remember that

You're 18, they will send you a working replica pistol and the percussion caps, powder, and balls for it no questions asked. Price ranges from 200 bucks for a brass-framed 1851 Navy replica with a four-inch barrel up to three-four hundred for a steel framed New Model Army with an easily swapped cylinder for easy reloading or for a steel-framed '47 Walker Colt that you can safely magnum the powder charge on. Powders about 25 dollars for a few pounds, lead balls, a powder flask and measure, cylinder wax and all that can be had in a 30 dollar starter kit and expendables can be replaced individually at a nominal fee. One of the big front-end loaded expenses are percussion caps, expect to spend about 80 bucks but take solace in the fact that that will get you as many as you need for the next few years.

It's six shots then you're fucked, five if you take the precaution of leaving the hammer resting on an empty chamber, as there are no other safety features. A New Model Army has a cylinder you can swap out making reloading nearly as fast using a speed-loader on a modern revolver, most others have a two piece frame connected by a pin you have to remove to reload, making the prospect less practical than just pistol-whipping a motherfucker.

Full retard

You know how easy it is to disarm someone who attacks you with a baton?

In this day and age, as a right-winger, you should carry a concealed firearm and a grenade or two on your person at any time.

It's a great weapon for self-defense if you know how to use one, but since you're asking you probably don't know how to use one. If you want to carry something around but can't be arsed to learn anything too complex, I'd go with a pepper spray, a push dagger or a knuckleduster. Easier to retain a hold of and every man knows how to land a punch.

To elaborate, you really don't want to carry a knife around unless you know what you're doing. Might sound a little cucked, but it's probably better getting beaten than stabbed because you're going to raise the stakes by drawing a weapon which you're not competent handling. In which case you're far better off with a handgun if you live in a non-cucked state anyways.

t: personal experience of witnessing the graduates of hard life's university, former best friend serving a sentence for killing a gypsy in a knife fight

You're fucking retarded.
Anyone can use a fucking knife as a weapon. It's just ice-pick stabby stabby or underarm stabby stabby. It's basically an instinct much like a cat knows how to use its claws.

The rules for getting into a knife fight are:
1. Don't get into a knife fight

You're going to get cut, slashed, stabbed and you'll probably bleed to death or lose the use of an arm over what, your wallet? Carry a gun and kill your attacker. Nobody else gets to decide to cripple you.

get a gun.

>Is a knife a decent weapon for self defense?
>>what is the best kind of knife for this
I from caliphate germany. So I have to use a kubotan instead of a good fire weapon or Knife.

>you'll probably bleed to death
Very unlikely, true about the rest though.
Knife fights are very nasty.
Remember that you'll ALWAYS get cut if you fight someone with a knife and you don't have a ranged weapon.

It's to cut my apple officer

One of these. You shank someone once and he'll bleed dry so fast that no one will be able to save him (not a meme dagger even though it looks like one)

The same thing can be said for a gunfight; the criminal can just as likely shoot you as you him

Having a knife is far better than anything barring a firearm

That's so illegal that even in self defense you're going to jail.

At least in Europe. I read a post of some user in America who used a 20mm Anzio against a burglar.

>All these Americans who can't in2 knifes

Seriously, stabby stabby, not slishy slashy, that's it.
Also if you could find a bat or pipe nearby in a fight situation that wins everytime.
Source= I come from a bogan part of aus and have been to jail, toothbrushes lose to beans in a sock, knives lose to cricket bats, lebs, chinks and boongs lose to whites unless they call all 50 of their cousins

If you don't feel like a knife you can always carry around a big ass Maglite around and split a cunts head open

that knife is $800. its savage af tho

Move across the border to Indiana, seriously. Illinois will fuck you on everything. Even if you do find something to defend yourself with you may as well get charged with a crime just for having it, seeing as your state doesn't believe in self defense.

>bat or pipe
>not a bottle
Are you even Australian?

I'm trying to relate to these top hemisphere cunts little kiwibro

Rate me
>inb4 no hunter gatherer
I am about to start filling that up too

God bless the USA

What situation would this be useful for?
>Getting robbed by someone with knife
He sees you go for your knife and likely stabs you before you stab him
>Getting robbed by someone with gun
Ur fucked kiddo
>Getting in a fight with someone without a knife
Good job dude you just got yourself a court case even if you win the money it'll cost you is worse than getting your ass beat
>fight with someone who has a knife
Basically the same as above but at least you have a better chance in court if you win, probably the one of the only situations you're better off in
>Burglar with gun
If it's one you have a small chance but unless your stuff matters more than your life it's stupid to fight
>Burglar with knife or melee weapon
best scenario as you have a good chance of rushing him from behind and good reason to have killed him, but who the fuck in America would try to rob someone without a gun

One could make the case that a polearm is technically a knife, so get one of these. For building and other tight spaces I suggest you also carry a Gladius as a sidearm.

No. Because what guy said.

Self-defense concealable weapons rating:
Gun

power gap

Pepper spray
Yavara (if prohibition laws went full retard)

Use higher thing on the list unless it is prohibited by law for you.

get pic related

>non Glaive fags

how about a retractible stick ? good reach, not too heavy, can crack a jaw easy

I wear full plate armor under my duster and jeans.

Too bad its useless out of formation

you should get a longsword then, m8

Just bought a dagger off amazon not knowing they are illegal. How much do cops care about this? Looks similar to OP

Reminds me of those serrated bayonets the Germans used in WW1, if a POW got caught with one he was usually executed. That thing is just plain evil.

>Not drilling you family in the phalanx

Longswords are for decoration mainly or fighting unarmored people, fighting people with plate mail requires warhammers

Strayacunt, please. All us Americans have tackled the "Is a knife good for self-defense?" question before. We know what to expect from OP. If we tell him a knife is totally good weapon for EDC we know he'll buy some shitty 3.5inch bootknife off Amazon, carry it concealed either in a pocket or on his belt loop with clothing concealing it, and then when he gets jumped he won't have time to go for it before he gets beaten insensible.

Or, if he does manage to draw it, he'll manage to jab it directing into someone's sternum and have it jarred out of his weakass little girl hands, because let's face, the kind of 18 year old who asks anons on Sup Forums if a knife is good for self-defense is not the kind of person with a lot of manual labor or bodybuilding in their background. Then he'll be unarmed and facing a very pissed off nigger with a wound that's not remotely disabling.

We have done this before, we know what advice to give him.

That reminds me, do you even lift, bro? One of the best methods of self-defense is looking imposing enough that people don't want to fuck with you. Lift some weights, some peanut butter sandwiches and drink some milk. Make them gainz.

No. I carry around a mostly frozen water bottle for self defence.
Nobody cares about bottled water. Effective in a fight and you can drink it to re-hydrate after the fight is done.
Much better then a knife. Can't drink a knife.

A sword would be excellent at self defense against any melee weapon besides polearms or spears.

It's got reach, it's nimble, fairly easy to use (but hard to master) and you can easily carry it around.

Of course you can't conceal it.

>italian
>icepick

Some things never really change.

I got this for $20

It's not cops but customs you'll be looking out for, also why are daggers illegal in USA, they're legal here, just called hunting/bushwhacking knives.
Also can any American tell me if knife hunting is as common over there?
I assume because of how easy it is to get guns you guys wouldn't bother with bow/knife hunting as often, we're pretty much stuck with .22s unless you go buffalo hunting in NT

Get a Krieg messer, that's the knife I defend myself with

Meh its not that good. Its more of a showing it off and scaring them away with it.
To be efficent with a knife and not be a retard and hurt yourself, you have to train a lot and long.

Some telescopic baton or something in that vein is waaaaay better.

Best "knife" for fighting is obviously the kukri.
More of a machete than a knife tho.

I'm ambivalent about them, honestly. I own a couple myself and I like them, but I have training in Filipino martial arts and with traditional European cudgeling methods through the SCA. And I do a whole bunch of pushups every other day. So while I know I can use a baton effectively, I'm not too quick to recommend them to normal people.

The best weapon is the weapon you never have to use.

pepper spray + minor boxing skills worked pretty well for me so far

That's really nice if you can levy some peasants to fight by your side, but I assume that you are going to train properly with you chosen self defense weapon, in which case you can get a lot more out of a sword/spear/polearm

You cant carry a nuke around Fabio

Its a meme dagger as any military taught dude will tell yu, before you got that thing out of that retarded cover anyone else with a normal knife already sliced you a few times.
it IS the meanest knife out there for sure but impractical.

>can't drink a knife
typical canacuck

I see your point, also if he's in US and can't get a gun I assume he's likely from SanFran or some equally shitty part, and probably a faggot.
Also I agree with lifting , get juicy as fuck and you'll likely never get into a fight anyway

I know...