Debate: Do Hunters Conserve Wildlife?

Debate: Do Hunters Conserve Wildlife?

Other urls found in this thread:

iucn.org/content/trophy-hunting-informing-responsible-decision-making
cites.org/eng/news/sg/2011/20110512_SG_CIC.php
wwf.panda.org/wwf_news/?14073/Hunting-for-conservation
earthisland.org/journal/index.php/elist/eListRead/canned_hunting_and_cub-petting_are_big_business_in_south_africa/
abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=131224&page=1
icenews.is/2015/04/29/denmark-to-clamp-down-on-animal-sex-tourism/#axzz4QwKITMj7
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes

No

NO
#MEATISMURDER

Fpbp as confirmed by Kek.

Maybe

Yes.

faggots, eat a bullet

yes

do i lick my armpits when i fap because it tastes like vagina?

No. It is a propaganda-based myth that the "business" created by hunters increases wildlife numbers.

no

In a way hunters do by keeping the population of what they're hunting in check, poachers have the opposite effect.

Yes. Where I live if we didn't hunt wild hogs and white tail deer they would be extremely overpopulated.

no

As long as you respect the animal and dont use abusive or painful weapons and don't do it for profit/business it's ok by me.

Our retarded hillbillies gibsmedat almost extinguished the Iberian wolf because massive huntings due to "their killan muh sheepz"

Hunters provide 90% of all funding to preserve wildlife and repopulate areas, a very expensive process.
Hunters started the whole wildlife conservation movement to begin with, and are the ones fighting to keep it secular and scientific, and not about muh feels and feminism tier morality.
By trimming down numbers of predators and other animal populations, hunters ensure that the reason why they were killed in the first place doesn't repeat - for example if there are too many wolves in X area, and the pack is on the verge of splitting, and then one of them being forced out of the territory into the nearby city, hunters will trim them.

Hunters only bring populations up so they can shoot them for sports, and there is a moral argument here.
A lion in a zoo can be seen by many people, but can only be shot once, thus perhaps animal conservation should be not about killing, but about observing the animal.
Hunting laws and organizations have historically and today done a bad job of keeping poachers out, and their regulation of hunting is very weak.

Debate, fags, don't YES/NO me.

As long as hunting is properly regulated, yes

no

maybe, maybe not

Yes
Why do you think Australia eats kangaroo?
News flash, there's too fucking many of them.

no

post brushy brushy gif pls

no

Depends.

Around here the fees that are paid for hunting tags/license go towards conservation.

Hunting is unnecessary. Why does killing things entertain you so much? Because it certainly isn't for sustenance ~99% of the time. I've seen plenty of people defend it in different ways but they never just admit they get their rocks off killing shit. Find something better to do.

no.
Life strives on death.

>conserve wildlife
>by killing said wildlife

Makes about as much sense as pouring gasoline on a fire to extinguish it.

The paid trophy hunt on a single animal can usually sustain the cost of 20 herd/pack for a year.
In such countries in Africa where there is absolute no government funding going to actual conservation, this is the only option to keep the parks open and endangered animals alive.

Yes.

But hunting big cats is stupid. They will walk right up to you. It doesn't take skill.

That dumb slut in that pic could walk right up to that lion and shoot it. She should be ashamed of herself.

I don't know
CAN YOU REPEAT THE QUESTION

no.

no.

no.

I would never hunt myself, but I agree that people have a right to do it. Especially when they're spending tens of thousands to do it.

Expert on the matter here who works for the ministry of environment, yes if it's legal, unless it's done in third world countries.

Culling hogs or canada geese (can hunt those cunts to extinction for all i care) isn't the same as "unting" an endangered species

this.
they're a renewable resource and locals have a vested interest in keeping endangered animals alive. if rich westerners weren't paying to hunt, the locals would've killed the species off way before

i missed these gets gotta checkem

Yes. At least responsible ones do. If not hunters, nature will cull the population by epidemic.

They merely use "conservation" as a guise to kill exotic wildlife. If they truly cared about preservation, then they would simply donate to protection efforts rather than hunt and kill and selfishly pose with the corpses of the very same animals that they purportedly seek to preserve.

I wonder how they got that lion to look so calm. It looks so comfy.

Its in human nature to hunt, get trophies, and gloat.
You wouldn't know though being a beta cuck faggot.

It was a canned hunt. It was probably still sedated when she shot it.

This guy knows.

Also, in the case of predators like lions, being hunted by some rich guy is preferable to growing old, turning to man-eating or scavenging and then being shot by some African with a blackpowder gun made of sewer pipe and dying in the bush from a festering wound.

The Disneyfication of the world has led us to believe that elephants are just big softies who spend their time eating peanuts and being scared of mice when in reality, they're basically the assholes of Africa. There are places in Africa where there are so many elephants that they have become a nuisance and are controlled by organized shooting. Doesn't it make more sense to charge some fat cat a couple thousand dollars to shoot them instead of paying someone to shoot them?

A properly controlled game animal population can basically pay its own way and remain sustainable.

What do you mean shot?

You do realize that in most of those "hunts" that they are going to kill the animal one way or the other so they let some foreigner with deep pockets pay a large fee to do what they were going to do anyway.

That's why they have guide with them.

Not when they go after apex predators like lions.

Yeah if they hunt poachers.

The International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) says so
iucn.org/content/trophy-hunting-informing-responsible-decision-making

The Convention of International Trade in Endangered Species thinks so
cites.org/eng/news/sg/2011/20110512_SG_CIC.php

The World Wildlife Fund says it does
wwf.panda.org/wwf_news/?14073/Hunting-for-conservation

Not true.
These lions are literally bred on factory farms in SA with the sole purpose of being slaughtered by wealthy foreigners. It's not like they're killing off old patriarchs here.
These "hunters" are simply paying to kill a lion in an enclosure.

earthisland.org/journal/index.php/elist/eListRead/canned_hunting_and_cub-petting_are_big_business_in_south_africa/

How is this less moral than the wide spread practice of factory breading cows to slaughter them for hamburgers?

Well for starters, cows are a domesticated animal and are nowhere near in danger of extinction.
And secondly, we don't farm them and kill them under the guise of conservation.

dafuq is that webm? Is that BLM nigger who shot cops and got rekt by a drone?

Lions aren't endangered either, they are "vulnerable". Their population is large, with a trend of decreasing in the recent years.
One way to increase their population is more money, to get more land and more people, to artificially increase their number by helping them with food and protection.
More money will come from either zoos, or charity, or hunters. Statistically over 90% comes from hunters. Every lion shot provides enough wealth to feed a few more lions.

Yes actually. Things like CWD would spread rapidly if hunters don't thin the population. CWD kills the animal and everything around it. So if there was a high population CWD would kill more than hunters do.

hunters are scum and need to be exterminated

YES! You think PETA is buying up wetlands and other wild lands for animal sake in North America to inhabit. Fuck no they are not. Hunters who belong to organizations like DU, RMEF, NWTF and The Wild Sheep foundation spend huge amounts of money for the protection of species and lands that house those species. To provide protection for a single species in those areas also protect ALL OTHER species there as well. West coast California liberalism is going to try and fuck the hunting opportunity for all Americans.

As some one who has a degree in "wildlife conservation" I can with out a doubt say yes.

I'M VEGAN. You can hunt if you want. Populations would go out of control without hunting. I just don't want to support factory farmed meat and shit

Yes, they are a tool used for conservation and their money funds conservation officers/efforts

Says our third largest source market for hunters

Only in certain cases where certain species are invasors or are overpopulated

Ahahh! Right!

I have no problem with hunters but why would you be a piece of shit and kill such a beautiful kitty?

Dont give 2 shits about rinos or hippos or whatever but leave the fucking cats alone reeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Did you know?
abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=131224&page=1

They do here in Sweden.

Trophy hunters in Africa dont care about wildlife conservation though. Not that the niggers there care either...

They should be disemboweled and have to witness ferrets eating their intestines. Scum of the earth

What a broad and ignorant statement.

Yes.

Lions are also niggers and if you hunt Cheetahs you should be executed.

Shit hole countries would have already hunted all the animals to death already. At least this prolongs it just a little bit longer, even if 90% of the money that they pay all gets confiscated. It's at least a little incentive for those governments to not let the poachers/dindu eat them all

I had a dream I was hunting a giant bear on my camp using a 6 inch shotgun while my dad had a rifle and at one point there was also a guy riding the bear. I had rashes and glass shards everywhere and when the beat ran by the firepit my dad hooked his rifle up to a vacuum cleaner which caused it to fire hundreds of rounds per minute and split half the half bear in half. Then my thigh got cut with the bear glass.

hey dick licker, when you've even stepped foot in Africa or have any real African connection, then and only then can you dismiss my post, otherwise leave the debate to persons whom have actual interest or stakes in the debate. 'end of statement'
I mean come on fucker, at least put some banter or mud slinging in if your going to oppose my statement. Here you are estonia given a platform to make you tiny insignificant country proud and all you can come up with is "no." for fucks sake even fucking leafcuckingland has better come backs.

> killing a majestic lion
I hope these faggots die from choking on cock

>hunting works in my country not yours
As with the Germans, your countrymen are also among the most prolific hunters in Africa.

Are you seriously suggesting that googles in africa care about wether animals go extinct or not?

They rejoice when white trophy hunters take down an elephant. The hunters just take the tusks, and the nignogs strip the carcass of meat like a shoal of piranahs.

US

I can assure you that those trophy hunters arent particularly popular here.

Afrika

What about someone who kills an exceptional animal in Sweeden? Would that be celebrated amongst peers?

the problem with elephants is that the entire herd, adults, females with calves, even the day old new born must all be culled in under 5 mins. It is some really deep shit to go into the reason why but simply the ones who understand this requirement are the ones whom care the most for the animals and to try to tell others to go kill the things you care for is such a hard task.

thx user

They're still a a product of your society.

Of course niggers don't care about animals.

At least hunters by sport pay a lot of money to hunt. It is at least some incentive to the nigger governments not genocided all Lions because they're eating their sheeps.

They are more than welcome here.

Of course, but the anmials in sweden do not face extinction, which can be attributed to responsible hunting. Everyone who gets a hunters license will hear on their first course: "We hunters only take from the abundance".

Of course there are some triggerhappy morons, but they are kept in line by the leadership in the various hunting organisations.

this basically. You took the words from my mouth.

How are those animal brothels in your country, hear it's attracting tourists like crazy.

But I intentionally argued both points, were you going to do the same thing?

Never heard of such things. Most Swedes are very pro-animal rights and would be strongly against it. Funny how we care so much for animals but give 0 fucks about the destruction of our own people.

Oops. It's Denmark with the brothel problem. Bestiality was only recently banned in Sweden though.

icenews.is/2015/04/29/denmark-to-clamp-down-on-animal-sex-tourism/#axzz4QwKITMj7

Without hunters there would be no conservation of wild life. You are forgetting that without conservation there would be nothing to hunt.

Only if you think slaughterhouses conserve cows.

Farmers however, do, even if they are being farmed to hunt.