en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method
youtube.com/watch?v=oxFmkg5dcyk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wow.

This really made me think.

But nothing is fucking terrifying.

Really made my neurons fire Mr. Goldberg

Christianity exists because it is true.

From fundamental physical first principles up to the soaring heights of the metaphysical, it can be explained, and there can be no other answer.

There is One God. It is not metaphysically possible for there to be more or less than One. His nature is identical to that which is described by Judeo-Christians in Sacred Scripture, and can be defined logically as demonstrated by Thomas Aquinas in the Summa Theologica.

What people need to understand is that no other religion is this way. Not the native american "Muh spirits", not European pagans, not Ancient Egyptians, not Buddhism, not Confucianism. No other religion can make these claims. No other religion can be logically substantiated. Why?

Because no other religion is true.

> yfw from a relativistic stand point, when you die the universe itself ends.

Verily made the old-grey jog a while

alternative perspective:

some religions exist because of this..

as counter example look at Buddhism, one of its goals is to get rid of the fear of death by accepting impermanence

This is not metaphysically possible, and the theory of relativity has nothing to do with it.

I think it's more about societal order than fear of death.

The heart of Buddhism is in the right place. Christianity also obviates the fear of death, but it can actually provide a justifiable reason why that holds up to cross-examination.

you're underage

holy h*ck

>Christianity exists because it is true.
That's funny, the moment you apply the Scientific Method to it, it falls apart like molten rock!

Hm, what a novel idea. It's crazy that no one of a philosophical and scientific disposition in the history of Christianity (for there were many) ever though to try it.

Perhaps you'd like to walk us through this scientific method?

Sup Forums is now mostly atheist. I don't like it that much. Christians were very annoying when they dominated Sup Forums, but they meant well. They really did.

I wonder why atheists don't understand that not believing in God, not being a moral person, not striving for something greater than ourselves leads to DISASTER. Fucking atheists. Such degenerates. I want to piss on all of them. And secularism is bad too since it makes people take a "haha i don't know i don't care" approach which also leads to degeneracy.

Gaping in mirth, his old eyes spoke:
'What you are now, I once was. And what I am, you soon shall be.'
Nothingness awaits now.

The nothing-life-nothing concept is wrong. There's not a state before you exist and the same state after you exist. That assumes the presence of something that you transition from in the case of birth, and transition to in the case of death.

The reality of the situation is that consciousness begins and ends. That's all.

>Perhaps you'd like to walk us through this scientific method?
If you apply the scientific method to the scientific method, it falls apart.

It leads to disaster because it is not True. It is a willful abandonment of truth -- a truth that can be reached through pure reason -- because what that truth tells us is painful and requires great sacrifice.

But such is fallen human nature.

I'm not afraid of death, as long as it's painless or whatever.

>jew
Disproven

>Not sure if trolling or an absolute retard

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

Inb4 hurr durr this is too hard for me the kikes made this up.

that's why religion was invented.

That's not an existential fear of death, that's fear of dying. Pain isn't relevant to existential fear.

death isn't whats before birth because you need to die to experienc death.. death isn't non existence. death its the act of dying..

i got in a bad car accident a while ago and basically died. pic is truth. i was out for weeks. it was nothing.

but who was fone lol

>It's a "Spirituality and Science are Incompatible" episode

Let's pretend religion doesn't exist for just one moment. Have you ever heard of the mind-body problem? If not, I just blackpilled you. Your life is never going to be the same after you read what people like Thomas Nagel have to say about it.

Not incompatible with Biblical resurrection, which is nothing until the day of judgement.

>not notcompatible

It's only terrifying to you because you have some sort of concept for nothing, now. Previous to your birth, you didn't, so how can you be terrified of something that you never experienced and will never truly conceptualize?

>asking people on an anime forum if they've heard of Ghost in the Shell

This is the one thing I don't get about Sup Forumsocks

Kardecism says nothing does not exist.

>being afraid of death/nothing
bunch of pussy faggots, go to reddit or 9gag u niggerlovers

>thinks that oblivion is somehow scarier than the concept of eternity

Fucking brainlets.

Fear of returning to pre-natal oblivion isn't irrational; just like fear of returning to an infantile mind isn't irrational. Having been in a state doesn't counter the idea you should fear returning to that state.

I never feared death...
I'm religious but grew into it...
I don't care

Eternity isn't scary, only eternal continuity of memory. Why would you be afraid of living forever if you could only remember ~100 years into the past?

then i guess people with dementia are the happiest people in the world

No. It's true.
Abrahamic religion is the tool of the Jew.

Ecclesastes 3:11 He has even put eternity in their heart

>the truthâ„¢

Funny how all religions proclaim that shit.

You don't return to anything. That's why the fear is irrational. When you're dead, there is no "you". Before you existed, there was no "you". So "you" didn't come from anything, and "you" won't return to it.

Consciousness begins and ends. That's all.

>religious faggots are LITERALLY afraid of nothing

Disprove what? Some words?

Eventually you get old enough that you want to die, as a male this is around 25.

>25
Lmao, try 20. Why am I even still here

How can consciousness end or begin then if there isn't a state different from consciousness.

>What people need to understand is that no other religion is this way.

That's wrong you fucking retard. Monotheism started with Zoroastrianism.

religion might as well exist because malfunctions in the brain and death may actually for people observing it from the outside, while the dying just slip into another timeline where they miraculously didn't die. Which essentially means death doesn't exist. what about that? where is your god now, atheists?

If there is nothing, there is nothing to fear
If there is something and that something might be hell
fuck
better start praying

Shut the fuck up you filthy jew, you are just trying to cause an existential crisis in me again.

>its working

your mind must be rather weak

He's talking about relativistic philosophy

Religion doesn't cause superstition.

Superstition causes religion.

I know plenty of retarded atheists who can't even.

really made me shit

>Christianity exists because it is true.
Only true about Coptic Orthodox.

>act like nothing is the answer
>can't describe what nothingness would be like
>"it'd be like you know before you were born"

>unironically falling for Pascal's wager

if there is something, there is nothing to fear
if there is nothing, there is something to fear

now wrap your mind around this 2deep4u

So just simulation cucks? Elaborate why it is a blackpill and why Nagel will blow my socks off. Seems to me like trying to obfuscate reality by asking questions that sound deep but mean nothing.

It actually is. A few nights ago I thought I wouldnt pass an exam and I panicked like hell and didnt wanna wake up after I fall asleep.

How the fuck do you train your mind?

nothingness is rather annoying than scary, you cant figth it back, is like a smug asshole on the other side of a fence

>I know plenty of retarded atheists who can't even.

can't even what?

Holy heck this is some deep stuff, I can't even fathom the whoa of it all -- wow. Really though, I never thought of it that way, wow.

if you actually care about thinking, watch these. easy to digest just for you

youtube.com/watch?v=oxFmkg5dcyk

Death is the end of a living thing; a living thing cannot precede its own life; ergo, death cannot be what was before birth.

wow..................................

really makes a person wonder..........

It was about social cohesion and adherence to morality, and they used fear of death to enforce it.

>What are societal norms
>What is wanting meaning in life
>What is communion
You can't simplify it down to one thing

You must first prove there was nothing before birth.

Who knows ...

so deep xDDDDDDDDDD

How can a program run on a computer if there is no state it comes from and no state it returns to? You would ultimately explain it in terms of the hardware – all the shit you've physically put together to form your rig. Same thing goes here. The materialist would say a bunch of particles arrange in such a way as to produce consciousness, and then consciousness ends when the physical system has fallen apart.

I'm playing devil's advocate, though, because I actually believe in some form of dualism at heart.

>willful abandonment of truth
You realize that the christian religion is a set of meme rules, written by shitskin goat farmers and a secular law provides a better alternative for regulating morality. You can move the goalpost all you want but the agnostic point still stands. Since we don't know what's out there, we just can't throw sweeping assumptions like proclaiming a meme 2 millenia old goat cult is the objective truth just because it's part of european society.
THERE IS LITERALLY, NON-IRONICALLY 0(ZERO) OBJECTIVE PROOF THAT JESUS EXISTS, CHRISTKEKS.
gb2 with all the other looney cultists

Other animals are afraid of death, too.

They have no religion.

Checkm8.

>another vagina

I'm pretty sure we're eternally recurring.
It's the same old loose pussy we've all climbed out of eternally already.

Nah, not really. The Greeks got it right - you are alive right now, so you don't suffer death, and once you die, you're gone and unable to experience it. It's a total nonissue.
The only negative thing about death is the loss of loved ones; i.e. the death of somebody causes harm not to himself, but to his friends and family. Pain leading up to death is another possible downside, but strictly speaking a separate issue.

Just like your mum's snatch amirite

God here

>Pick up a random book, turn to a random page and a read a random passage to get a confirmation
>I work in mysterious ways

Anyways, I'm not here to argue with anyone that disavows my existence, but perhaps offer you a piece of wisdom that'll enlighten you.

1. SHUT THE FUCK UP
2. Book thingy

whats to disprove you fucking moron?
its like a just girl things meme

>he actually thinks there is NOTHING after life

nigga you are a special kind of dumb lmao

It's easy when you are "superior" atheist but still somehow can't figure out why.
Not that any reason given by a person is right.

Praise Kek lads

>he actually thinks there is ANYTHING after life
Lmao, nigga, gib dem proofs.

Switch a few words and you sound like a mudshit talking about Islam.

what if it's, toilet bowl.

I'm pretty sure that most atheists aren't the EBIL DEGENURATES that Christkeks rave about. If my personality/life style is destructive and degenerate, I doubt the notion of God in my life will change that. There's plenty of Christians I know that are the exact opposite of what Jesus wants them to be.

Do the book thingy if you have balls kid

>Christianity exists because it is true

Hinduism exists.

Is it true?

Islam exists because it is true.

From fundamental physical first principles up to the soaring heights of the metaphysical, it can be explained, and there can be no other answer.

There is only Allah. It is not metaphysically possible for there to be more or less than Allah. His nature is identical to that which is described by Mohammed in Kuran, and can be defined logically as demonstrated by 9/11 since universe was created by big bang too.

What people need to understand is that no other religion is this way. Not the native american "Muh spirits", not European christians, not Ancient Egyptians, not Buddhism, not Confucianism. No other religion can make these claims. No other religion can be logically substantiated. Why?

Because no other religion is true.

Thank you but this will fall on deaf ears. They can't comprehend logic, if they could they wouldn't be religious.