Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixon_shock
strikemag.org/bullshit-jobs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

take a guess

Nu Labour

More like.

Honestly, population.

Large societies are not natural to humans, look at the degeneracy of large metropolitan areas.

As civilizations advance they should become inward focused before they turn their attention to the outside.

I wouldn't understand since I live in a kommune with population density 2 ppl./sq.km.

The unemployed get all this. Just not the people who actually make the money.

Are you happy?

kek nope.

Why? How's employment and all that?

Let me clarify that by population I'm not saying we should all live miles apart, or that we ahould destroy the cities.

Really boring, not the idyllic dream that city people think the country is. There is no such of community, there is no collective farm where we all live an get up in the morning and milk each other's cows to put it that way.

Jobs are mostly shitty public service jobs, you know municipal administration, welfare agencies, other government departments that are put here in the north so that the small towns don't completely die out and jobs in the health service to care for old people who moves back to their old home town to retire in...

Now with that said, I don't mean to sound condescending or even to debunk your argument that large societies aren't natural. I'm just saying what my particular situation is.

is your computer considered bourgeois in your commune?

Massive immigration.

kek nope I don't live in Shetland.

And what happened early 70s that flipped all kinds of financial decades-long-term charts into similar patterns, looking back from today?

Two words.. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixon_shock

>where we all live an get up in the morning and milk each other
Livin the dream man!

strikemag.org/bullshit-jobs/

I understand what you're saying.

My issue is that I have all of those problems but live in Southern California. We have no industry and our county's biggest employer is the school district. Given the choice I'd rsther havr these problems in the country because then at least I'd be able to go on hikes.

Numbers confirm my thesis btw.. wtf damn these sleepy threads :D

Yeah Cali countryside is marvellous 80% of the year, but Norwegian is kinda harsh 80% of the year I imagine. Further up north you go (north of Cali or north of Alps) the more dreadful rural settings get outside spring/summer

Hahahahahah, no I'm in Southern. That means pollution all day every day and summer is our only season.

Beautiful dirt all around though.

7ties wew

was this in For(r)est Gump?
also geile quads

If they aren't natural to humans why did humans create them ubiquitously? Everything that humans do is natural to humans, or else they wouldn't do it.

That is not at all accurate. Humanity has long since moved beyond what is natural.

Unless abortion is suddenly natural.

>If they aren't natural to humans why did humans create them ubiquitously? Everything that humans do is natural to humans, or else they wouldn't do it.
Most of what humans do is acculturation. Civilization followed agriculture and this was developed slow just some ~10k years ago in a small area of the world (what was then the "fertile crescent") --- for some ~100-~500k years before the first homo sapiens and predecessors as well as Neanderthals really evolved as nomadic hunter-gatherer tribes. They weren't dumb, just of a different intelligence perfectly adapted to climbing to the top of the food-chain and mastering challenging environments, climates, predators and prey as a physically fragile species merely by ever-growing brains. As such, we're "more" adapted to some the hippie ideals that existed (and CAN only exist) in fairly small (max ~100) largely-carnivorous nomadic hunter-gatherer tribes: no status or significant property, hence widespread "degeneracy" (as pol calls it in its typical unreflected fashion, ie. uninhibited polyamory and promiscuity), no nuclear family unit, inheritance, property (that would initially and alwise all derive from land and cattle).

Now because we're so adaptable we have finally created versions of "civilization" (after 10000 years or so) where the majority of citizens can actually thrive --- in developed and developing pockets of the world, still by far not everywhere. But I imagine our much-longer evolutionary history as bands of alert+aware always-on-the-move hunting "hippies" still has a strong impact on our deeper subconscious. That's probably why you get hippies today or "cheating" partners, cuckolding etc etc

I should note that in as far as we evolved under what I call "hippie ideals", that was just simply the most sensible survive+thrive strategy for the tribe-as-a-whole. Children were seen as children-of-the-tribe and all childcare distributed according to essentially whim. No flower-power ideals, just the natural order of those wandering nomadic human tribes that grew up that way and passed it on, ie. acculturation. Only agriculture forced us to come up with different mores, because of the need for claiming and working the land and redistributing the fruits "fairly" in some manner other than what a small group of folks would do with a giant mammoth, which is to say, perceive food abundance and no scarcity.

>85% home ownershop

Biggest jokes in this article desu. There is no hope of home ownership for most under 30s in the UK. Rich people have bought up all the cheaper properties so you'll be paying off their mortgage instead of your own.

>retire at 50

Retrirement isn't going to happen at all for our generation. If you're lucky you'll be able to get a half an acre or something and grow some potatoes to survive your "retirement"

Oh wow. That's impressive for ten years.

>Rich people have bought up all the cheaper properties so you'll be paying off their mortgage instead of your own.
An often underappreciated and curious fact of today is that the global "big money investors" (pension funds, insurers, sovereign wealth funds, social-security schemes etc etc) have moved into property in recent years of low interest rates in search for yield/dividend equivalents (rent payments qualify for this).

This has obviously been the driving force behind many ever-rising-prices property bubbles in the west that small-time private hanger-ons hitched their "ride to the moon" on.

What is less understood is that these "assets" are just like any paper asset to these big money-shuffling giants. They buy and sell huge chunks of bonds and stocks and other securities etc in real-time all day, every day. If REAL (not just nominal) long-term rates rise substantially in any significant part of the world (doesn't have to be your own country even), there will be property dumping en-masse just because some fund manager is pressured to shift into a slightly-0.1%-higher-yielding asset as part of his job responsibilities. These massive dumps will then quickly self-reinforce further out psychologically across said property market. Could be next months, could be next year, could be in 3, who knows. Long-term real rates aren't under direct influence or control by central bankers, they only set the overnight rates. And on a long enough timeline, these will diverge in some manner or other.

ANYWAY the upshot is that there's a high probability in my view that in many expensive-property-bubble markets a huge dump could be happening and allow younger entrants a much better shot at their own property at a much more reasonable price point!