Sup Forums, what's the philosophical difference between Sunni and Shia Muslims and which one is better?

Sup Forums, what's the philosophical difference between Sunni and Shia Muslims and which one is better?

pic semi related

jews

nuns choose to enter the religious life, and take vows to wear the veil and remain celibate.

muslim women are stoned to death if they don't wear the veil and remain celibate

Because the second one likes to explode people and marries rapists.

>what's the philosophical difference between Sunni and Shia
Who cares? They're both Arab shits.
>which one is better?
Again, neither, they're the same shit.

That's like comparing two piles of shit and wondering which one smells the best.

The only difference is that they disagree about the succession of Mohammad. Shia think that the Caliph needs to be a blood relative, and Sunni don't. But in practical terms Shia are based Persians, and thus infinitely superior to Sunni scum

Because failure of not wearing one isn't punished with death

The difference is that one side believes that Mohammed's brother's ancestral line should have inherited the Caliphate. The other thinks his nephew should have. That's literally it. That's the conflict over which they've been senselessly slaughtering each other for 1400 years with no end in sight.

The difference is that only one of those women will be raped by their male relatives, dragged through the streets by a mob, and stoned to death for refusing to dress the way they're dressed.

Left made her choice. Right wasn't a choice.

my shit clearly smells better than your shirt

>only a select few women actually become nuns and even then only by their own free will

vs

>all women must wear hijab or we kill them

Because you don't get hundreds of thousands of people wearing nun outfits wanting to immigrate to Europe, and nuns are associated with being kind and helpful. If they weren't associated with being kind, people would consider them scary freaks.

The total number of nuns, also called religious sisters, in the United States has fallen from roughly 180,000 in 1965 to about 50,000 in 2014 – a 72% drop over those 50 years – according to the Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate (CARA) at Georgetown University.

>implying the nun won't beat you for ratting out the priests who buttfuck you and the rest of the altarboys

Both shit desu

Sunnis and shias are like catholics and protestants
They both worship Allah, but one of them is retarded.

Holy shit you retards the nun thing isn't what this thread is about

The difference is that one is a nun and the other is a slave.

This, that's why Islamic terrorism always comes from Sunni Muslims because they follow the ideas of a bunch of random Arab retards claiming to speak for Mohammed (despite having no blood relation him).

Go draw a picture of God and then draw a picture of muhammad. Which religion is more likely to kill you?

haha wow dude epic troll go post this shit onr eddit for le upvotes now

After Muhammad died, the nascent Muslim selected Abu Bakr as the Caliph (successor) to Muhammad as the leader of Islam. After Abu Bakr died Omar became the Caliph. After Omar was assassinated by a Persian, Ali became the Caliph. Shias argue that Ali should've been the caliph in the first place and that Abu Bakr and Omar both conspired to take the caliphate away from him. Shias also argue that the caliphate should remain in Muhammad's family like a monarchy (Ali was Mo's cousin and son in law). Sunnis believe that any Muslim from the Quraysh tribe (Mo's tribe) can be a caliph. This is the reason why they split. A thousand years of separation has lead to religious differences as well (Sunnis cross their hands while praying, Shias don't etc.). Islam has been a shit show since the minute Muhammad died. Many people don't know this but after Mo died, most of the Muslims left Islam and went back to paganism. Abu Bakr had to fight the Ridda (Apostasy) wars to bring back the Arabs to Islam. Goes to show that even the people who saw Muhammad didn't believe his bullshit and left Islam the minute he died.

Even though I live in a country where I should see Nuns, I never remember seeing a single one.

On the other hand, I have seen burkas, hijabs and niqabs fucking everywhere.

Fuck you

Fuck off

Does anyone seriously think people don't act weird as fuck around nuns? Even the dressed down casual hospital nuns, but especially one that is full penguin suit.

one wants to kill your culture, the other one doesn't

BECAUSE NUNS DON'T BLOW THEMSELVES UP IN TRUCKS TO KILL 60 PEOPLE, FAGGOT!

because one is optional and the other one is mandatory

Funny thing, shia muslims used to be completly ok with drawing their prophet.

you're shit

the question had nothing to with nuns kek

Sup Forums doesn't deserve a post like this

>After Muhammad died, the nascent Muslim community selected Abu Bakr as the Caliph (successor) to Muhammad as the leader of Islam. After Abu Bakr died Omar became the Caliph. After Omar was assassinated by a Persian, Ali became the Caliph. Shias argue that Ali should've been the caliph in the first place and that Abu Bakr and Omar both conspired to take the caliphate away from him. Shias also argue that the caliphate should remain in Muhammad's family like a monarchy (Ali was Mo's cousin and son in law). Sunnis believe that any Muslim from the Quraysh tribe (Mo's tribe) can be a caliph. This is the reason why they split. A thousand years of separation has lead to religious differences as well (Sunnis cross their hands while praying, Shias don't etc.). Islam has been a shit show since the minute Muhammad died. Many people don't know this but after Mo died, most of the Muslims left Islam and went back to paganism. Abu Bakr had to fight the Ridda (Apostasy) wars to bring back the Arabs to Islam. Goes to show that even the people who saw Muhammad didn't believe his bullshit and left Islam the minute he died.

The one on the left will slap me with a ruler if I judge her

The sad thing is, people would be more surprised to see the nun walking down the street then a mudslime :/

Because one chooses subjugation, while the other is required.

Liberals are retards.

and the one on the right would bomb you for asking to see her face

I do but only around young ones. Having a nun fetish is suffering.

you're shit

Christian nuns dont explode muslims do

One is a woman who choses to enter religious service the other is a woman who was forced to subjugate herself by an hyper patriarchal society.

>Sup Forums, what's the philosophical difference between Sunni and Shia Muslims and which one is better?

I dunno about all this religious shit, but realpolitik it comes down to whether you're down with Iran or Saudi arabia.

Don't be such a moron. If we're going to MOAB some fuckers, we need to MOAB the RIGHT motherfuckers.

And even if we're going to MOAB both of them, we need to do it in the correct order.

This guy gets it.

The Shia and Sunni fucking hate each other and nothing will ever change that.

truth of the fucking century, gg kangaro

I didn't expect this much redpill this Thanksgiving day. Truly fucking thankful I lurk on this nightmarish, eyes-wide-shut, kek-save-us board.

SBPB, even if it is from a fucking leaf.

>what's the philosophical difference between Sunni and Shia Muslims

It began as a political rift following the death of Muhammad. As he left no male heir, tensions soon erupted over who would succeed him. Many believed that the best Muslim should succeed to become the first Caliph, and they eventually won out, while the Shia (literally meaning the partisans of Ali) believed that Muhammad's son-in-law Ali (who was also his nephew) should succeed. Ali eventually did become Caliph, but his dynasty eventually collapsed and lost power after Ali was assassinated, although for the next 700 years the followers of Ali have been alive and well.

Shia Islam tends to be much more occult, and is into mysticism more than the Sunnis are, likely because of their historic oppression. Ignorant Sup Forumslacks will say Shia is the better sect because they commit less terrorism, but that's only because Sunni islam is the main sect, and 85% of Muslims are Sunni. Shia is actually much more violent if you read into its texts. It's also very heavy on apocalypse. Of course, there are weird sect divisions even within Shia.

and which one is better?

Shia is generally more folksy/pluralistic and doesn't fall under the sway of a single authority despite Iran's attempts. Sunni Islam is dominated by Wahhabism and Saudi Arabia. They are both shit.

Go rape a goat

neither of those are bad, the ones that want to cover their faces for gov't ID photos can fuck right off.

MY SHIT STINKS MUCH BETTER THAN YOOOOURS