Is marriage just a scam?

I need advice from oldfags.

Is marriage ever worth it? Are you married? Have you been married? what have you learned? Did you regret marrying/or not marrying?

Are there any real advantages to marriage anymore? What is the ideal age range (for a guy) to prepare for marriage (get his shit together and settle down)

Please help.
I don't want to ignore this girl I've met just to later regret not marrying her, but I also don't want to marry and then find out I've been fooled like everyone else into marrying out of fear or something or because it felt like what I should be doing.

I'm not sure if marriage is actually good, or just seems so and is an age old trick that most people fall for.

I'm mostly alone in the day-to-day life, and I'm fine on my own. I don't like going to big events and crowds, I have a very small group of close friends and I'm fine this way. I also feel like if you marry, suddenly there's way more at stake, and also you have to work a lot harder to just maintain life. Living on my own, I'm fine with my improvised cooking, my clean but messy one room studio apartment and I'm fine with not celebrating holidays and going out all the time. I feel like I would have to change all that if I were to have a life partner, and I'm not sure it'll make me happy. I know some of this is subjective, but please give me some advice, maybe stuff you wish you knew before you got married.

>Are you married?
Twelve years a few months ago.
>Did you regret marrying¿
Why would I? Got a cunt to make my food and darn my socks and to put babies in. What else could one want?
>What is the ideal age range (for a guy) to prepare for marriage
You should find a cunt and start making the arrangements to buy her when you're in your late 20s and marry her when you're about 30.

>be me
>marry high school qt3.1415926
>impregnate her
>get married because that's what I think I'm supposed to do
>end up with a beautiful baby boy
>skin is pale white
>tfw the euphoria sets in
>tfw you created someone and you will mold him in your image

user spread your genes on and make the white race strong again, so long as you think you are worth carrying on to the next generation.

can you be more specific? what about all the shit that you have to start caring about just because you're not on your own anymore? is it all worth it?

just making babies doesn't seem worth it. it's more like a chore than anything.

But be warned user, marriage IS a scam as soon as she wants a divorce. Make sure you know whole heartedly she is the one.

more specifics anyone?

Well it's fun just fucking and dating but you'll get attached to someone eventually. Dont rush into anything.

Honestly when you're my age, you'll get very lonely and want a companion of the opposite gender to come home to. Or maybe you're repulsed by women and you don't want to get married in which case suit yourself.

About what? C'mon, give clearer prompts. What do you want to know about?

what do you get with marriage, that you don't get when you're just with a girl but not married? what is it needed for?

>what is it needed for?
Marriage has always been to show who owns what a cunt. Do you want to fuck sluts or do you want to own a cunt who will only be yours? Dumbass

Marriage is very nice until your wife catches a virus called feminism

Security in that she can't just walk out on you or fuck other dudes on the side, Awesome wedding party (doesn't have to cost a lot), tax benefits

I just don't care much about sluts and sex on its own will not convince me of anything.

this is depressing

>Security in that she can't just walk out on you or fuck other dudes on the side
or I can just not bother with women

>I don't want to ignore this girl I've met just to later regret not marrying her, but I also don't want to marry and then find out I've been fooled like everyone else into marrying out of fear or something or because it felt like what I should be doing.

You need to ignore these other faggots, they will make it about the woman.

This isn't about who you decide to marry, it's about YOU. If you approach long-term relationships with the correct attitude, the correct outlook, then it doesn't matter who you marry, how they look or act, nothing matters. She will be devoted to you to the point of obsession, she will do whatever you need or want of her, she will be the best wife to you and just as importantly she will be happy.

But it all starts with YOU. You have to be ready to accept the nature of women and your own nature. If you aren't, it's not going to work for you.

I'm all ears. tell me. this is too vague

>Security in that she can't just walk out on you or fuck other dudes on the side
She can though you fucking retard.

>>/r9k/

Let's start with the big mistake.

>this girl

Your OP strongly implies that "this girl" is The One™. If I had the means to deliver to you an electric shock every time you thought about women in terms of The One™, I would happily do it.

You need to stop this. "This girl" is one of nearly four billion on the planet, of fifty billion that have ever lived and perhaps even of trillions who have not yet lived. The odds of you meeting The One™ in your lifetime, let alone your travels within said lifetime, is infinitesimally small.

"This girl" is not The One™ because The One™ does not exist. It is the collision of male ideals regarding love, honor, and loyalty coupled with the female desire to manipulate these ideals to further their own agenda. Erase it from your mind. "This girl" is perfectly average and ordinary, there are millions of others just like her, and you do not need her in your life in order for you to be happy. Life is not a Disney movie.

Now, can you marry her? Of course. Can both of you be compatible? Perhaps. Can you get married and live happily ever after? That's up to you. But, as long as you believe in The One™, you will never reach this ideal.

She is fungible, as are you. Don't extend to women a benefit of philosophy they don't reciprocate.

He's Dutch, so she already has it
Maybe their marriage laws aren't as shit as they are in the US

It's worth it only if you find the right woman.

the thing that makes her better than the rest, is that she's not Dutch, and is grown up in a conservative home and hates degenerates

yeah I know, this one I know from my childhood so that's kind of what she has over the rest of em, but yeah I don't really believe in the one.

Based user. I suffered from onenites 10 years. TEN YEARS drooling and thinking about this one girl that rejected me in hischool. I got fit, bought an apartment and a car, became outgoing instead of an autist nerd. All for her. Met her after 10 years, became friends.. made my move... she rejected me again.

I spent days being brutally honest to myself and evaluating my life a d behavior. The conclusion? I was a fucking idiot for a decade. She is no more special than any other girl... I was in love with an image in my head that I projected in her and convinced myself. What a cuck I was lol.

After that realisation my life improved significantly. There are no special women, soulmates or the one... it's all about you and the compatibility with the other person.

>I suffered from onenites
yeah yeah don't derail this thread with the fucking PUA nonsense.

I don't know what PUA is, was just trying to help, but if you are gonna be a dick go fuck yourself. There are other threads that need posting

Sage

hey user,

I met a girl 'bout 2 years ago. marriage is planned, since thats what white people do, after buying a house, and before having kids. been with a couple of girls in the past before her, so i have certain flags imbedded

my strategy was to first piss her off as bad as i could while we were dating (I got trashed, but without cheating, just trolling her, asking her about shit like holocaust, niggers, etc, seeing how she felt, and how she reacted)

>>not a crazy bitch, dosnt throw shit calm and collective, rational, sweet.jpg

Next round, see how she uses her money, how does she use budget, does she ask me for money? what her work ethic etc. can she save

Go from there. within a year, if you dont enjoy spending your time with her, time to start looking for another one

>but yeah I don't really believe in the one.

I don't believe you in the slightest, but it doesn't matter, we're moving on.

The second thing you need to understand is that women have no agency. They are reactive in nature, emotionally, psychologically, sexually, whatever. So when you ask, "should I get married?" what you need to ask is, "do I have the necessary motivation, talent, and capability to maintain a level of functionality in my marriage that meets my expectations for happiness?"

It's OK if you do not, though I would submit that if you do not then your primary life goal should be to develop this capability until you are ready. But either way, if the answer is "no" then you either need to increase your abilities or decrease your standards (and yes, the problem insofar as it exists can be the latter).

If you do, or more accurately if you think you do, then whether you should get married is completely up to what is convenient for your life goals and ambitions. Again, you can very well create a devoted, loving, and yes, obedient wife out of any woman, the only question is your capability and desire to do so. No agency.

>yeah yeah don't derail this thread with the fucking PUA nonsense.

You're the one on here asking stupid questions. If you don't want help I can go, I have plenty of more productive ways to spend my time. This is a courtesy.

>Here just sign this contract that says I get half your shit for free if you break up with me
>By the way, even if I'm a drud addled crack whore the courts will always side with me on legal battles concerning our children

Oh yes. Its a very bad idea. Find a girl you can fuck on the regs, don't get attached and bail when she starts talking about marriage.

Yes, marriage is definitely worth it, but be careful not to get a woman who will turn on you. That means talking with her *a lot* before you get married, and getting on the same page on issues. And you need to continue doing that on a daily basis. For my wife and me, we read a couple of chapters of the Bible together in the morning, and talk about it. Thus we talk about big issues, and things like loyalty and duty and such. Watch out for bad friends that will eventually lead her astray.

>"do I have the necessary motivation, talent, and capability to maintain a level of functionality in my marriage that meets my expectations for happiness?"
nah mate, I've been deep inside the PUA shit and all that. been there, done that. I'm just asking if there really is nothing for me (the man) to gain from marriage.
>your primary life goal should be to develop this capability until you are ready.
dedicating my life to fooling myself into being pro marriage? wtf kind of waste of time and cuck'd thing is that?
>Again, you can very well create a devoted, loving, and yes, obedient wife out of any woman, the only question is your capability and desire to do so. No agency.
you seem to mix up marriage with "being with a woman". I'm not talking about regular relationships and being with a woman, but marriage specifically. I don't know how it is in burgerland, but here people live together and have kids and work and shit all without being married and they seem to be fine. so again, wtf is the reason for marriage then?

thanks for the post. but what about your life would be impossible if you were still with her, but not legally married?

How is that edgy gook nigger

>you know why divorce is so expensive?...because its worth it....enter at own risk.

ayy lmao, good one.

>it's called a pre nup

Being with a woman and not intending to marry is degenerate

thanks for the meaningless buzzword.

I don't understand what you're saying, but it literally is. Not subscribing to a lawful commitment degrades the soul. Either intend to marry someone or don't date.

>nah mate, I've been deep inside the PUA shit and all that. been there, done that.

If you had really studied game seriously at all you wouldn't ask if you had anything to gain from marriage. It sounds like what you thought you knew was really just a collection of cheap parlor tricks to drop the panties of particularly dull women. It's like rock musicians who spend decades playing the guitar but can't read sheet music; you basically disregarded the opportunity to truly master an art for the sake of instant gratification. It's insulting, and sad.

>dedicating my life to fooling myself into being pro marriage? wtf kind of waste of time and cuck'd thing is that?

It's pseudo-alpha talk like this that confirms my suspicions above, and also makes me wonder why you are wasting all of our time asking about marriage when you are unwilling to truly consider it.

>I'm not talking about regular relationships and being with a woman, but marriage specifically.

But you are talking about those things, whether you know it or not. If you think marriage is just an arbitrary status for cohabitation then you already know the answer to your question. You're also playing right into the narrative the state has set for you but that's another matter altogether.

>If you had really studied game seriously at all you wouldn't ask if you had anything to gain from marriage.
nah, I'm just open to suggestions even when I've made up my mind.
>pseudo-alpha talk
ugh, stop trying so hard mate.
>literally adding nothing: the post.
welp. I'm off to bed.

Just have the right expectations, marry someone who loves you more than you love them, and sublty let them know that you're willing to walk away if need be. You'll be fine

This is all up to you, buddy. I already told you, I have a million more productive ways to spend my time. I'm just trying to help you as a courtesy.

Well, for one, I'm a man of my word, and my promise to not ditch her (as she promised me, and I can believe her) brings security, trust and confidence. Otherwise, you're setting yourself up for a chain of splits in which you never really have a spouse, only a temporary "partner" despite what words are used. (If you're just talking about "legally" married vs married, then it's less important. For us, we are Christians and also promised God. A promise to the government means little, especially since the government unfortunately won't even hold anyone to it anymore. They should really get rid of "no-fault divorce" and make it so there needs to be an affair or something.) There's a big difference in the dynamic when you know you'll be with your wife for the rest of your life. Does that answer your question?

you misunderstand my "problem". I'm just asking for specifics and experiences from people who married or are still married. I'm not some PUA cuck who lives for cunts. I don't real give that much of a fuck about women.

>They should really get rid of "no-fault divorce
indeed. legal marriage doesn't mean shit. you can't count on shit. "till death do us part" is just "till I'm bored and or find someone else"

>Does that answer your question?
yeah thanks dude. I think in my position, surrounded by the type of girl here, with the norms (or lack there of) of society, it's perhaps best that I don't even bother.

It's the main thing I want in life :c

>you misunderstand my "problem".

I think you misunderstand your own problem, no quotation marks. Men who ask about whether marriage is worth it are unilaterally not ready for marriage in the first place. If you truly understood its purpose and the need for it, you wouldn't have to ask.

If you need a hint, you may want to reconsider your perception of marriage as a purely pragmatic affair.

>A promise to the government means little, especially since the government unfortunately won't even hold anyone to it anymore. They should really get rid of "no-fault divorce" and make it so there needs to be an affair or something.)

"They" should get out of the marriage business altogether. The state should have no legal standing whatsoever to decide who is and is not married or the conditions for it.

In the meantime, it may be good to ask why, exactly, the state would make it so easy to begin and end a marriage.

I have two kids with my girlfriend of 8 years but I literally don't see the point in getting married other than for tax purposes

It's hard work tending to a woman
And everything is tipped against the man.

But the only thing worth doing in life is having a wife and kids.

They all depend on you to keep the whole thing together and most in our culture will think the mom does it all.

It's thankless and difficult. You may do everything right and your wife will divorce you and you'll only see your kids on full moon Saturday's when schools out and she's got a hot date.

But it's better to try and fail to do the good work than to pursue your selfish bullshit and play halo, get drunk and save your money for the next best VR waifu and a palette of poki sticks