Hearts of Iron

Just took over the east in HOI 4 as Germany. The living space is mine. How many fags have played / tell experiences

whats his name again

um Kike Dense?

Mike "Zap the Traps" Pence

Mike "Shock the Cocks" Pence

Took Stalin out easy by spring 42. Weather was good and Italy held the flanks at Stalingrad. Restored the empire past the Urals like uncle Adolf wanted. Poland has a nice fascist gov like uncle Adolf wanted.

Mosley was put in by force to the UK gov. F ance has her full territory back with colonies just like Adolf wanted. Madagascar is a special puppet for the Jews.

Usa stayed neutral like fdr campaigned for. Italy controls mare nostrum.

Peace in our time with few casualties.

Honestly Adolf should have prayed for better weather. Makes all the difference

Downloaded it once, but i just don't have the patience to learn grand stratagey.

Why can't they just have interactive and accessible tutorials god damn

Those games are boring.

Take over the UK Hungary and then get back to me.

> HOI4

Real men play EU3/4.

>goy 4
Why do you play meme games? Don't you want to be W&B?

>literally the simplest and most boring paradox game

lmao @ ur life dude

How dumbed down is it compared to HOI3?

Last game of hoi I played was Italy on hoi3. Germany failed in the east and Soviets pushed back fucking hard, they got as far as stettin in the north and the Danube in the south before they were halted.

Very

The game on sale from Steam, is this game even worth? I was put off how the nuclear weapons worked in that game.

Dumbed down:
Espionage(gone)
Economy (all trade is factory based, so I could pay for materials with only factories, while in HOI3 I could trade all kinds of resources.)
Command Structure (gone)

Enhanced:
Supply (must have the specific equipment to arm a specific division type)
Industry (must have available factories to produce said equipment, which vary in efficiency based on material shortages)
Politics (coups, civil wars, and factions have far better systems behind them now)

All in all they did a good job on this one, I would say

surely this shit belongs in Sup Forums

Hoi4 is a horrible, horrible game, took out china, soviet union and the raj by mid 4'2 as fucking MONGOLIA

Far too easy, far too retarded AI to be enjoyable. And the top of the fucking cake is the fact that paradox designed this game not to be played but watched and to with this in mind desgined an ui so shitty that giving manual orders becomes a fucking bore.

I think I'll stick just to vicy2 and hoi3.

What about alsace? Did you take that?

I think they plan to add espionage in dlc. Foggy but it is Parad*x

hoi4 is casual as fuck. If you think that's too much it's because you never played hoi3

I need to proofread my posts.

>HOI 4
inferior to darkest hour/arsenal of democracy imo

You're literally too stupid if you can't manage hoi4 as UK or US.

*Faggy
But also jewy

Mike "If you crave the cock you'll get the shock" Pence.

>hoi4
>eu4

Massively. You can ignore everything, draw a big fat arrow across poland and click invade and the game does it for you.

>Massively. You can ignore everything, draw a big fat arrow across poland and click invade and the game does it for you.
Sure, but that's sub optimal and if you try that against the USSR you're going to be in for a bad time.

only good thing about HoI IV is the workshop

HoI III is still the best

I'm surprised they manage to actually take it. Usually in my games the Germans get completely stuck on the Kiel because of the massive terrain penalties and narrow choke. They completely ignore the possibility of naval invasions on to the islands which is what historically happened.

If you're going to play liquoria 2 you should at least play kaiserreich senpai.

If you're going to do it as Germany or something you probably could still do it successfully since the AI is terrible at everything.

>MFW Played Japan and successfully invaded the Untied States
>Made it as far as the Mississippi before a Stalemate

There's a new update for New Zealand that will make it easier for me to make a fascist state and take over Australia apparently. So I'm down.

>Play as Nazi Germany
>Get the Molotov Ribbentrop pact
>Stalin invades Poland
>WWII starts
>Stalin forgets to invite me to his war
>Lithuania chimps out and drags me into the war
>Partition the baltic states and Poland with Stalin
>Poland's allies never declare war on me
>Allies can't use Germany as a land route to the USSR
>AI isn't smart enough to do a naval invasion on the USSR
>Switzerland joins the allies and Italy joins the Berlin-Moscow alliance
>Italy somehow loses to Switzerland
>1941
>Declare war on France
>No one else gets upset with me
>Conquer France
>1950 still at peace with everyone
>World tension is still at 100 %
>"World War Two" only has 500 thousand casualties, most of them are Swiss and Italian

Fucking fantastic game, Sweden

>I'm surprised they manage to actually take it. Usually in my games the Germans get completely stuck on the Kiel because of the massive terrain penalties and narrow choke. They completely ignore the possibility of naval invasions on to the islands which is what historically happened.
They got stuck until I was able to take Norway out from behind.

That force had been there for almost 2 years before I was able to help.

Came up from South America and didn't even hit a bump once I got out of Mexico. Spent more time waiting after I changed from medium tanks to the modern ones and didn't realize they were totally different unit types.

Mike 'Bag and tag the fags' Pence.

>Get HOI4 the day it comes out
>First play through is with Spain
>Win the Civil War as Franco
>Start to prepare for WWII
>Get a pop up saying Poland gave Danzig to Germany
>Nothing happens for the rest of the game
>Get to 1944 without WWII starting
>All of the world tension was created by Japan chimping out on everyone

My only other game was a successful axis run.

But yeah shit game / 10, I'm glad I pirated it

HoI 4 sucks
Johan is a kike
Worse than a kike, he is -may Kek forgive me for uttering this word- a Swede

I played as a Fascist Finland. Historical mode off. Ironman mode on.

>Soviet Union declared war, I was ready, made and immediate push for Leningrad, and the slivers of land between the Baltic - Lakes - White Sea.

>Formed a defensive line there, built a line of forts.

>Once the forts finished (2x, so a 30% defence bonus) I began pulling units back and staging them along Sweden and Norway border.

>Hitler goes full idiot, declares war on the USSR and the Allies within one year.

>Asks me to join Axis.

Ehhhhhhhhh.....

>I declare war on Sweden and Norway before they join allies and push hard.

>Half way down they join the Allies and reinforcements start arriving.

>Sonofabitch Adolf.

>Italy still retarded.

>Japan still goes after the south islands and declares war on China (instead of offering China puppet status).

God damn AXIS is retarded.

>Keep fighting against the Allies in Scandinavia, luckily they are throwing more of their weight into Africa and west Europe.

>Finally reach Stockholm, Sweden capitulates.

>A month later, Oslo and thus Norway falls.

>USSR keeps banging away against the East Wall (all level 5 forts now), to no avail.

>With the homeland secure, I accept the offer to join the Axis powers. Dispatch 2/3 of my military to mainland Europe to shore up defences.
>Retake Rome from the British Empire to get Italy back in the game.

>Basically play a game of cat and mouse plugging any landing attempts into Continental Europe.

And that's where I closed it for the night.

might as well do my own story

>start as america, 1936 on regular historical ironman

>struggle to get out of the depression and claw by way to building some sort've reliable army by 1941

>no pearl harbor

>japan has been focusing entirely on china

>germany is getting its shit wrecked

>allies winning

>three hours of work, just to continue to be a neutral country

i have 200 hours into it.

Pax Americana

Make it all part of the glorious USA (except Canada, unless you want to fight the "Allies").

Played as Japan once and tried to open up an eastern front for the Soviets

Dermoney got steamrolled regardless and I was flopping my limp dick at the Bolsheviks until I just gave up
>tfw got nukes but didn't get to nuke anything worthwhile
>tfw nukes don't stackwipe

Is Hearts of Iron 4 really that bad?

I've been tempted to buying it but idk if its worth it.
Never played a Hearts of iron game is the third one better?

Forgot to mention, this is HoI3

You could also click the Ai button on theater hq in hoi3. Didn't even need an arrow, could just click the province you wanted.

I lost the save, drowned out by my French Ironman. Vive le France.

it's "ok"

However, when compared to 3, it is lackluster.. but we all know that shit is going to be added on again later as dlc packs, since it is Paradox.
HOI4 is definitely more noob friendly, which helped their sales a lot.

Mike "Projecting Closet Gay" Pence

ah well.

Did you extend the Maginot Line to the coast mon a mi?

Usually im able to conquer France and the UK by 1938 and the USSR by 1941

If you conquer Poland by 1937 you can BTFO a really weak Soviet by 1940

shame the game is garbage, specifically the AI

Shouldn't it be CB for Large cruiser type of warships? wtf is a BC?

I only play the game with the Weltkrieg mod. Basically what would Europe look like if the Central Powers won world war 1. Creator is an Austrian and really based.

I haven't played any HoI because it took me long enough to be good at EU4 and I don't want to learn a new game again

Playing desert nigs is funnier than playing the world wars anyway

Oui, and it's a good thing I did. Germany was barely stopped along with Italy and Nationalist Spain. I filled my infantry division templates with artillery on the bottom and infantry brigades on the four slots above. I disregarded tanks and new weapons all together as I was in a huge equipment deficit. But it worked, 4 million French killed, 1.2 million British, 3 million German, 6 million Spanish, and 600k Italian.

that's a weird way to say victoria2/HOI3

How'd you get so much income?
Protectorates?

If you want "noob friendly" go for HoI 4
If you want "hardcore" strategy with the steepest learning curve of all Paradox Games, go for HoI 3 (or Sengoku if you are into a nice CK2 x EU3 blend)

I like that mod. Lots of work put into the NF trees.

Battle Cruiser ?

The horrible AI is what really kills the game. You can completely exploit it to get a quick victory by 1940, or it can lead to boring fucking stalemates where years pass without any battles happening.

>Real men play EU4.

Real men wouldn't play a "strategy" game where RNG is the main mechanic that drives everything

as IJ I took over the USA by claiming Hawaii and invading LA after that. Started the war in Oct 1936, took over continental US by April 1938.

Soon Nippon steel on every ocean, the world is my oyster.

shame the AI in HoI IV is a bit retarted at times.

Rate my post WW3 Europe lads

3 Jan 2024

Battlecruiser is CC. The US didn't have any battlecruisers tho. That looks like a Nagato-class(BB) because of turret placement but with a weird ass superstructure.

Inaccurate ship types, shit game.

Factioons

How

Havent spent much time in Hoi4 but ive gone full autism in hoi3+bice mod. Doing barbarossa on the harder difficulties is really fun and incredibly intense what you get the hang of it. It's a race against the clock to encircle and destroy enough soviet divisions and also taking enough territory before winter sets in. If you havent won the war by fall 1943 it's probably over for you

This

HOI3+BI as Germany on a hard difficulty while trying to pull Barbarossa is literally equal to ejaculation

How what? How did I play in the current times? How did I wreck every cunt? Finish your sentences, yank.

Dont call me a fucking yank

Standard designation for battle cruiser. It was obsolete by wwii because battle cruisers were replaced with fast dreadnoughts like Bismarck, Littorio and Iowa.

Shut it you hypersensitive yank

im swedish nigger

You're a Swedish nigger? Not surprised desu.

The trick to France is to go gommunist and annex UK before Germany invades Poland. It's easy to do since France has a great navy and the Brits have shit for an army with no tanks.

After that you can take the low countries and are basically unstoppable.

*starts playing banjo version of yankee doodle*

>play as bulgaria
>prep for war with greece
>go full fascist
>join axis
>Germany is kicking the USSR's head in
>Italy is winning against the UK in Africa
>invade Greece alone
>Reach Athens
>Yugoslavia joins the allies stomps Hungary and backdoor invades me.
>No support from my allies
>all of a sudden RAF is over the Balkans

y tho

Mike "Transgender to transistors" Pence

>I filled my infantry division templates with artillery on the bottom and infantry brigades on the four slots above.

Kinda same layout as my Finland Divisions.

two columns,
three infantry (top unit of column one is Mountain troops, top unit of column two is Marines), followed by two artillery in each.

Support units are: Recon, Engineers, Hospital, Supply, and Radio

You can also stay democracy and defend against Germany. A few years later you'll be able to roll them.

How did you keep up with the production? I had to give them the most outdated equipment to keep everyone supplied.

The standard classification for Battlecruisers was CC, afaik. Kongo was a battlecruiser (later reclassified to "fast battleship" for some reason), so was the Hood. Battlecruisers existed till the end of WWII.

I dunno why the Dunkerke was a fast battleship instead of a battlecruiser, taking into account she had little armor compared to a regular battleship.

Keep in mind how massively EU4 has changed, due to their 7, or so, DLC packs. They will probably add espionage back, and add more on top of that, as well. Should be good.

The "drag an arrow over the enemy country and win" tactic can be completely ignored, if you prefer to do it manually. It's also slightly more efficient to do it by hand, as the AI that fights for you is as smart as the enemy AI.

>chose lithuania
>went fascist
>Iron Wolf Lithuania
>bestname.jpeg
>conquered the baltics
>allied with germany
>USSR declared war on me
>proceeded to wipe floor with russia
>took Moscow. on peace deal
>feelsgoodman

The standard classification for Battlecruisers was CC, afaik. Kongo was a battlecruiser (later reclassified to "fast battleship" for some reason), so was the Hood. Battlecruisers existed till the end of WWII.

I dunno why the Dunkerque was a fast battleship instead of a battlecruiser, taking into account she had little armor compared to a regular battleship.

Divisions for infantry should always be 7 infantry 2 artillery. You want 20 combat width (or 10 or 40 but 20 is optimal) for every division.

Pure marines or mountain I prefer and I'll make about 10 or so just to put where I need them. Unless they're in favorable terrain it's better to go regular infantry.

Support companies for infantry should be (in order of importance)

Engineers, artillery, recon, hospital, anti-tank.

Signal companies aren't necessary and logistics really don't matter outside of China and Africa and maybe Russia depending on how much of a slugfest it is.

Take wrench companies for tanks and trucks.

>mfw restoring the Austrian empire

It's bc. I've literally never seen cc used before. Common cruiser types are bc, ca and cl. And the ships you're talking about are WWI and interwar era. BCs were a thing until people started building dreadnoughts that did 28+ knots. A bc will lose vs a dreadnought 100% of the time if it can't convincingly outrun it. And you can't run from a fast battleship.

BC type ships were redesignated and rebuilt for that very reason. Once fast dreadnoughts were a thing, battlecruiser role was obsolete. They were just shitty fast dreadnoughts. The role itself became obsolete.

Can you refuse anschluss?

>playing as yugoslavia
>take over the world
The game is WAAAAAY too easy

just play wargame red dragon

Is that any fun single player? Does the AI cheat in an obvious manner?

No, he's correct

CC is battlecruiser

CA is armored cruiser

CL is light cruiser

Kek

you don't play it singleplayer

seriously though, singleplayer is more training