Universities step up your game

I'm currently starting my own company and doing two Law masters at a University. I barely have any(!) time to study but I'm on schedule to finish these two masters within a year of starting them with Cum Laude levels.

This shouldn't be fucking possible. The level of education should be much fucking higher. There has been to much nivellation because of retards.

Two questions: would this be possible in your country and when did university education become so fucking basic?

Other urls found in this thread:

deliberatedumbingdown.com/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsgc0k594Js
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>two masters

is this one of the infamous dutch 1 year masters degrees? how do they even work? how do you attend all courses and do your masters thesis as well?

yes it is also on the process of being dumbed down here

You don't need to attend the courses. In fact, I believe attending the courses to be a waste of time. Active studying for two hours yield 1000% the results of passive studying (listening).

You need the type of questions they are going to ask, the study material and you can pass any exam with a couple of days study time. In fact, it's much better to delay learning until the exam date, because your retention level will be increased exponentially. Add in selfmade flash cards for active learning: easy points.

The whole thing is extremely dumbed down in most places. I went to my nearest university and the curriculum had much less content than a good unviersity would have had. The first year maths course was a joke yet it only had a 70 % pass rate. I have no idea how the hell people could have failed that. I did an engineering degree and it was a massive joke, intellectually. It skipped almost everything in linear algebra and calculus.

I saw a news story relating to another university where third year students on a political economy course got reported by various news websites due to their "unfair" exam. I looked at the questions myself and they literally involved maths that people in the UK did at school. They were literally complaining about that! And this was at a "Russel Group university", which is allegedly a list of good ones.

try engineering in the US, it's pretty difficult

You have to look at the incentives. Universities have very little incentive to NOT dumb down their courses. The most popular ones like Oxbridge will always be oversubscribed and have reputations for academic toughness to keep (though I hear even they may have dumbed stuff down a bit over a few decades, but maybe because of falling school standards and not due to choice) but the huge majority of universities try to sign up as many students as possible. The government is handing out loans for tuition fees. Universities face no risk, so what is their incentive to not take more students? Almost nothing.

Also many masters courses are just cash cows for universities and even the prestigious ones do this.

>european "master"s degrees

This. It's the incentives. Here in Holland universities get paid on the basis of how many students pass. This is mindboggingly retarded.

I think the prestigious universities like Yale, Harvard etc. are overrated too, although I'd like pols opinion. These universities publish the most (referenced) papers but that doesn't say a lot about education standards.

The intuition fee is worth it of course for building a powerful network. But for education?

>canadian degrees

my cousin studied at mcgill. didnt even have to do a bachelor paper, paid INSANE tuition fees, and now struggles getting a job.

>the harvard of canada

that sure paid off

I think every arts and humanities degree at any university is a joke. I know that this is the opinion of edgy teens, and you're supposed to mature out of this attitude. Well, I did do that, but I have matured in to my final form of genuinely thinking they're all a joke with no firm set of objective criteria to judge the standard of work and therefore nothing more than mental masturbation + stamp collecting + idea marketing.

As for STEM, I think those places give you the option of doing really tough stuff. You could probably make a maths degree at harvard be the hardest thing in the world or just a bit hard, depending on your choice of courses

You're doing exactly what I want to be doing soon, currently second year law myself.

Which school you at and what's your business?

Pretty much all you need to know.

deliberatedumbingdown.com/

My opinion is that Ivy League universities are trash, and nothing more than indoctrination centers.
I mean, Barack "I suck cock in Chicago gay bathhouses with my tranny bitch Michael" Obama went to Harvard ffs.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsgc0k594Js

West European universities in welfare countries (dk, swe, nu and others) offer cheap or even free tuition for EU people.
They get massive amounts of money from the government for every student that enrolls and even more for every student that graduates or passes each semester. Because of this they are dumbing the courses more and more. They get more government money to produce worse and worse grades.

I meant nl instead of nu

what is a law masters

since you are doing two, does that mean you have come up with 4-6 thesis that will be published in an accredited journal?

kek

difficult in the sense of being overworked, not that the material itself is difficult

it's all applied math that any math major could do easily, but they make you take 5-6 courses at a time

nothing to really be proud of

I knew a guy who studied at 2 unies simultaneously.
At one he actually "studied" (aka just attended), the other was distance education in another town where some dude just came twice a year with his student ID with fixed photo and bribed the lector to give him satisfying mark.

Educations basically stopped evolving since the collapse of sovok. There are places where they still use manuals from like 60s. The ppl who work there are either old farts who think they are hot shit cause they were something under soviets and thus can teach a thing or two to the younger generation, old, but not so old, dudes who realize how fucked everything is and don't take their job seriously or youngsters who just finished their degree, but realized they don't know a damn thing and have shit for any kind of applicable useful skills, so they opt to return to their alma mater to help new student get on their level.

>tfw not autistic enough to do this but still too autistic to make new good friends or get a girlfriend

>would this be possible in your country and when did university education become so fucking basic
I dont even think that we have a Masters in Law. Legal education is pretty streamlined. 4.5 years of university education that like 80% of the students fail, then 2 years studying and working while you prepare for the exams that allow you to call yourself a lawyer/practice as a judge. Its also not the university that comes up with the final exams, its the state you take them in.