I often see the overwhelming support for the death penalty but what I don't get is why most people assume that it is...

I often see the overwhelming support for the death penalty but what I don't get is why most people assume that it is more "cruel" than being locked up for your whole life. Can someone explain that to me?
I get that DP is better from economic standpoint but it does not feel like a worse punishment at all.

They try to justify their dislike of death penalty by showing sadism, to not to appear as weak.

It costs something like $60,000/year to keep someone behind bars.

Are we really going to spend 2-3 million dollars/year on every degenerate who deserves death?

I'm double posting, sorry.
It can be a worse punishment if you do it right.
Hell, it could even make money if done right.
>death penalty gladiators, live at 8 on ESPN
But really, life in prison is a worse experience for the convicted,
though I don't think the added cruelty is worth the cost.

Some crimes are so heinous that it essentially makes the perpetrator the enemy of the state. In this case, death of the criminal is the natural victory of the society over its enemies. It is often a necessary end as criminals sentenced to life are often able to seek retribution against the arms of justice.

If you doubt the moral justification of your states application of justice then you will naturally be against the death penalty, as well as war and policing in general because something inside you is able to find more moral connection to the criminal than to the government.

The level of anguish felt by the punished criminal is not relevant to justice because their punishment is not now public. In places and times where the state assumes stronger moral authority then public punishments are more common and the people can partake in the criminals' anguish.

An easy test is ask the prisoner which they prefer.

i think 9/10 or more would choose life in prison over death.

Especially lying on the execution table with the needle about to enter the IV.

The person who the crime was committed against should choose what happens to them

The problem is that the justice system is not perfect and makes mistakes. So having an irreversible final punishment seems shortsighted

I would be happy to be shot if I was found guilty instead of incarceration.

Shoot me now, I regret nothing.

the only people that are afraid of death are evil people.

we should bring back the firing squad, it's the most honorable execution. I would want that if I were to be executed.

lethal injection is how you put down animals, not people.

You amerifats have some crazy death penalties. What happened to old fashioned bullets?

Falsely convicted prisoners on death row are more likely to be released than lifers.

If you are innocent then statistically you would prefer the death penalty because you are less likely to die in prison.

scientists came up with more interesting ways to kill people?

That's why we use it.

Death penalty technique research is a covert chemical weapons program.
The diguise of "ethics" are used as a cover for funneling tax payer money into it.

What I don't get is why all the song and dance with three big ass syringes filled with different colored koolaid? Why not just a bullet to the head or morphine orverdose?

Hey RARE! see

>commit capital crime in California
>sentenced to death
>get a private cell with nice amenities
>never get executed

jews
they need their cheap prison labor, look it up faggot

Bullets and rope are good enough for me, I don't see what is so cruel about them.

Yeah, my main issue with the death penalty is that it's too quick and easy. There's no such thing as heaven or hell, so these criminals should be made to suffer for their crimes on Earth.

Forced labour, and solitary confinement. These are the greatest punishments.

They aren't kept behind bars all their life. They are released eventually. Also prison life in the west is real fucking comfy when you consider it's supposed to be torture. Fuck that they should get killed

Most people on death row die from natural causes. The death penalty is essentially life in prison, with a small chance we'll kill you in 20+ years. The way it is done now also makes it more expensive than life in prison.

Locking people up is a mistake.

Corporal punishment is the best way. There was a time punishment for stealing was the breaking wheel the risk outweighed the gains, today the risk are usually small when looking at the consequences this is why we have so many criminals

My view is that there are some people who should be killed after they are caught. I don't want somebody like Jeffrey Dahmer kept alive on taxpayer dollars. However, my main problem is the method of execution. Instead of lethal injection, I would make it so that they are put under anesthesia and have their organs harvested. Take their kidneys, lungs, liver, heart, etc and give them to those on the donor list so that they are forced to give back to the community.
I would actually watch this.

Isn't Utah the only state that uses it?

>spend a boatload of money on "humane" lethal injections and electric chairs when decent ammo is pennies per round
>implying hundreds wouldn't sign up to be a prison guard if that meant they get to shoot niggers in the head on the regular

>muh taxes
>fuck
>MUH TAXES!!!
No, but I like your idea too.
I still like mine best though.
>"WELCOME TO DEATH PENALTY GLADIATORS!!!!"
>I'm your host
>John Cena
>tonight a convicted serial rapist will fight a child sex trafficker
>we now meet with the combatants
>choose your weapon
>tomatoes and cabbage flying from the stadium
>security armed from every side
>Literal sword fights
>no funny business
>this weeks winner will compete next week against last weeks winner
>"touchy John" Podesta
>stay tuned next week
>and thank you for supporting
THE DEATH PENALTY!!!

>Not mixing fun and profit.

Pic related is the best approach for death penalty implementation.

would you really want an organ from a criminal?

Aren't literally all of your organs from criminals?

I'd rather not die

fucking destroyed

get rekt penal colony

It's actually not better from an economic stand point in the US. It almost always ends up costing the taxpayer more in the form of endless appeals. Morally it's perhaps questionable at best to grant other humams the power to kill other people, but it's pragmatically still the best solution. If a man's crime is so heinous that it merits locking him away until the day he dies, then society has decided he is far too great a threat to ever allow back in society. Locking him away allows for the possibility of escape no matter how secure the facility, execution does not. No man that has been executed can ever again have the possibility of committing another crime as vile as the one that earned him his sentence the way a man locked up for life can.