Brit/pol/ - Saxon edition

>Scottish government to trial basic income in Fife
independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/scotland-trial-universal-basic-income-universal-credit-welfare-reform-a7435926.html

>IFS warns of pay squeeze; says wages won't have reached pre-recession levels by 2021
theguardian.com/business/2016/nov/24/ifs-warnsf-biggest-squeeze-on-pay-for-70-years-autumn-statement

>Sir John Major: case for 2nd referendum is credible
theguardian.com/politics/2016/nov/25/brexit-sir-john-major-says-perfectly-credible-case-for-second-referendum

>Bavarian economy minister: Germany needs a post-Brexit trade deal with Britain
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/25/germany-needs-post-brexit-trade-deal-britain-minimise-economy/

>Erdogan threatens to open Turkey's border with the EU after Turkish membership talks are suspended
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/25/erdogan-threatens-open-turkeys-borders-europe-protest-eu/

>Blair insists Brexit can be stopped: tells Remain voters "we're the insurgents now"
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/24/brexit-can-stopped-says-tony-blair/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JRilf3i8MrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ufAOsVhVuWU
youtube.com/watch?v=QpZhugomNJE
independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/scotland-trial-universal-basic-income-universal-credit-welfare-reform-a7435926.html
dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/who-mystery-scottish-racist-who-9317228
metro.co.uk/2012/04/04/scottish-archery-fans-can-relax-in-york-as-archaic-laws-face-axe-375726/
liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/business/profits-plunge-typhoo-tea-thats-12226704
standard.co.uk/news/crime/probe-launched-over-racist-pakemon-stickers-featuring-sadiq-khan-found-in-tube-station-a3405196.html
youtube.com/watch?v=565oSIDAtRE
youtube.com/watch?v=HOc38ZwEO8s
ibtimes.co.uk/pro-brexit-march-supreme-court-led-by-nigel-farage-postponed-1593471
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

HAIL OUR PEOPLE
HAIL FARAGE
HAIL

Would you have voted for him?

youtube.com/watch?v=JRilf3i8MrQ

youtube.com/watch?v=ufAOsVhVuWU

youtube.com/watch?v=QpZhugomNJE

tbqhwy, I probably would have fallen for the hype

GIVE ME ANTI-FRENCH MEMES YOU FUCKS

Keep it civil, lads. No hate speech or talk of unconventional sex.

I believe its a myth because we have a similar rumour up here

"you can kill an Englishman before noon on a Sunday with a bow and arrow on the Erskine Bridge"

I can't believe Tony Blair even has a voice nowadays.
He literally destroyed Britain.

People have the memories of goldfish when it comes to politicians, though I suppose in the case of Blair he will always have his share of support from anti-British, pro-EU/globalist cucks.

And a classic.

Thanks lad.

Is there anything more insufferable than """radical centrism""" ?

>>Scottish government to trial basic income in Fife
>independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/scotland-trial-universal-basic-income-universal-credit-welfare-reform-a7435926.html
>
As cucked as the Scots are, they occasionally do good things.

Frog bashing.

Check this shit out.

Proposed building for London.

Looks pretty rad.

Reminds me of that fascist era building in Italy.

>Who is mystery Scottish racist who spoke at rally where white supremacists gave Nazi salutes in support of Donald Trump?

>The vile blogger - believed to be from Edinburgh - gave a speech at a white nationalist conference in Washington DC that has sparked a political firestorm.

dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/who-mystery-scottish-racist-who-9317228

Cute!

>It is still technically legal to kill Scots in York

metro.co.uk/2012/04/04/scottish-archery-fans-can-relax-in-york-as-archaic-laws-face-axe-375726/

looks like shit

still at least it isn't a glass monstrosity

very fascy

UBI is something that should be tested, but the entire purpose of it is to eliminate the rest of the welfare state and giving people the choice of what services they want to purchase. Having a UBI combined with current levels of state welfare -which is what the Scots will do- is economic suicide.

whats the best brand of tea?
link related
liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/business/profits-plunge-typhoo-tea-thats-12226704

Yep, I agree.
UBI on top of what we already have is just fucking... gibsmedatx100.

Why do modern architects find it so hard to design buildings which don't look terrible?

>Erdogan threatens to open Turkey's border with the EU after Turkish membership talks are suspended

I red he threatens that rapeugees will flood in
and take over europe

>Hitler and Speer say hi

Afternoon, Sir Arthur.

Is that a car pack?
typhoo is shit desu and their bags always fall apart.

UK architects basically need to be part of a big organisation of architects to even hope to get hired. Even government is sketchy about giving permits when architects aren't from the cabal.
Because of this, this group has control over what gets produced. This group also prefers to only let in architects from the Universities (and their courses) that they desire.
Ie. all our architects have been through 7 years of libshit indoctrination

Because "form follows function" is what architects have believed in since the 1960's, which is why every building is a concrete and glass monstrosity.

Big city architecture is just a modern 'art' circlejerk.

Universities usually have nicest buildings ironically.

Map of pro-Russia (red) vs anti-Russia (green) sentiment ina recent EU parliament vote.

>The anti-European Europe of Freedom and Democracy group, chaired by Nigel Farage, voted massively against the resolution. The far-right group of Marine Le Pen, “Europe of Nations and Freedom”, was even more united against the text.

>On the other hand, Central and Eastern Europeans, as well as Germans, Belgians and Dutch were highly in favour of the resolution, in range of approval between 50 and 70%. Even Viktor Orbán’s party, Fidesz, voted in favour of more action in countering anti-EU propaganda.

We pro-Russia now

If you actually did it the Judge would apply his interpretation through:

> the Golden Rule (looks to find meaning that avoids the absurd or repugnant result)
> the Mischief Rule (Looks at the gap in the law and interprets the words to fill the gap)
>and the Purposive approach (Looks at the puropse of Paliament for applying the law)

and declare it not withstanding and charge you with Murder

so did the resolution pass? How do they think they're going to tackle Russian propaganda anyway?

It passed yes, but it was non-binding.

I don't understand common law at all.

Judges don't charge you.
The Police charge you then hand the case to the Crown Prosecution Service.

"Whither is fled the visionary gleam?
Where is it now, the glory and the dream?"

>russian propaganda against eu

>eu fucks up
>putin laughs at eu
>PROPAGANDA

Did he?

Yes.

Yes he spouted a load of piffel in an attempted charismatic way. Because it was anti-Brexit and because it was in one of the most Remain-concentrated areas of London they lapped it up.

Students at the University of East Anglia (UEA) have voted to sell red and white poppies on campus ahead of Remembrance Day 2017 because some people consider the red poppy “a political symbol with multiple offensive, upsetting and actively negative connotations”.

The student union motion, titled “Remember Don’t Repeat”, stated that for some students the “imperialist nature” of the British military means they see the red poppy “as a celebration of the British armed forces and by extension the atrocities perpetrated by the British armed forces throughout history”.

Hard to imagine he didn't. QT audiences would applaud a fartbox glued to a scarecrow if it had a broadly liberal sentiment written on its forehead

Sorry am I wrong? I've just started studying Statute Interpretation today so I may have misunderstood it.

Buy a bunch and spread them over campus

>lefty opinion on Question Time gets applause

what a shock

>Probe probe over racist 'Pakémon' stickers featuring Sadiq Khan found in Tube station

>Police are investigating after racist mock Pokémon stickers appeared at London Tube stations and bus stops.

>The stickers – created under the name "Pakémon" – have been spotted by “disgusted” commuters across the capital.

standard.co.uk/news/crime/probe-launched-over-racist-pakemon-stickers-featuring-sadiq-khan-found-in-tube-station-a3405196.html

I hope he knocked up a few shinies.

I don't know, I only have a cursory understanding of the law. from what I know common law is based on interpretation and precedent rather than an actual fixed rulebook, which seems strange to me

amazing

i'll sooner part with my life than I will with my cod

generally i agree with you but i find it hard to believe that even the average dumb brit would be able to forgive and forget when it comes to tony blair

Ye, spouted a load of pish and bollocks about Are Nige stoking racial tensions after and during the lead up to Brexit and nearly got a standing ovation from these libcuck mouthbreathers.

Looks like I'll be eating cod tonight then, prepare yourself.

so ill just kill u and then take ur cod

volcanonigger

youtube.com/watch?v=565oSIDAtRE
youtube.com/watch?v=HOc38ZwEO8s

Thoughts on Mattis lads?

This is the longest we've gone in weeks without some spastic asking "which VPN lads haha"

You people are dirt and you contribute fucking nothing

Call me a Tarquin, but I can't stand the lower class rightwing.

>You people are dirt and you contribute fucking nothing

Oh yes, sorry I thought you implied I don't undestand the subject.

Yeah basic Common Law precedent based, I think its a good thing as it means our law is constantly evolving to the world around it. Where as Civil law cannot work on a case by case basis and constantly has to refer to what may be an inadequate written code.

Situation Jr.

Statute as I understand it is slightly different as it is written law, but a grey area forms when a Judge is interpreting what Parliament has written, so they have certain powers available to them.

This does also open a can of worms thay Judges can effectivly "make" laws despite being unelected and not Sovereign.

Not bad compared to some modern monstrosities.

kek not seen this one before

oops, I messed up that post.

You should see the lower class left

t. former public school boy with 3 middle names and a maid

I imagine most average people hate Blair, but the elites are willing to take Blair back and forget all the horrible shit he did if he can help stop Brexit. Same with John Major. The people don't have a say in this sort of thing.

Are you not-so-subtly trying to ask for vpn advice?

Best one yet. It's funny how people are pretending to be offended by them.

What a surprise that the irrelevant eastern provinces are the ones pushing for anti-Russian propaganda.

>when a joke becomes serious as fuck

Lawfag here. Notionally the judiciary is "interpreting the law"

Are we still having the gun control discussion. I was rather enjoying that. Firmly in the belief that deregulation would not harm society.

If I went there I'd probably drop out over this. String them up.

>Paedostani is allergic to high velocity lead.

Amazing.

It's friday lads
Battered or breaded?
I'm breaded today, watching my figure.

I always think breaded is nicer. Especially with lemon juice.

>no paper in sight
Fucking disgraceful.

Obamabinlyin's wife has a bigger penis than he does

Top kek.

They even come in paper (also on a plate) at the savoy

>implying I care about papist rules
steak for me

I'm behind 7 proxies lad, GCHQ have got nothing on me!

Alright Mr Luther.

So in the case of "Shoot a Scotsman from York", would they interperate Parliaments original meaning for the law (I assume war) and declare it not withstanding as the reasons for its implementation are no longer relevant?

What mental gymnastics did you undergo to come to this conclusion, you fucking shrimp

Which one of you did this? I want to buy you a pint.

>Nazgul, like all muslims is allergic to soap.

Im dying

ibtimes.co.uk/pro-brexit-march-supreme-court-led-by-nigel-farage-postponed-1593471

>Nigel Farage's pro-Brexit march on Supreme Court 'postponed' over fears of far-right hijacking

>A planned mass demonstration on the Supreme Court for 5 December has been "postponed" by its organisers, IBTimes UK has learned.

Andy Wigmore, the head of communications for Leave.EU, confirmed the move on Friday (25 November). A source told IBTimes UK that the pro-Brexit campaign feared far-right groups such as the EDL and BNP could "hijack" the event and were worried about violence between Leave and Remain protesters.

>Interim Ukip leader Nigel Farage was expected to lead the demonstration on the Supreme Court as the government contests a ruling form the High Court, which could see MPs having a vote on triggering Article 50, the official mechanism to split form the EU.

Martin Luther did nothing wrong

>A person who is unacquainted with the devil might wonder why they are so particularly hostile toward Christians. They have no reason to act this way, since we show them every kindness. They live among us, enjoy our shield and protection, they use our country and our highways, our markets and streets. Meanwhile our princes and rulers sit there and snore with mouths hanging open and permit the Jews to take, steal, and rob from their open money bags and treasures whatever they want. That is, they let the Jews, by means of their usury, skin and fleece them and their subjects and make them beggars with their own money. For the Jews, who are exiles, should really have nothing, and whatever they have must surely be our property. They do not work, and they do not earn anything from us, nor do we give or present it to them, and yet they are in possession of our money and goods and are our masters in our own country and in their exile. A thief is condemned to hang for the theft of ten florins, and if he robsanyone on the highway, he forfeits his head. But when a Jew steals and robs ten tons of gold through his usury, he is more highly esteemed than God himself.
>In proof of this we cite the bold boast with which they strengthen their faith and give vent to their venomous hatred of us, as they say amongthemselves: "Be patient and see how God is with us, and does not desert his people even in exile. We do not labor, and yet we enjoy prosperity and leisure. The accursed Goyim have to work for us, but we get their money. This makes us their masters and them our servants. Be patient, dear children of Israel, better times are in store for us, our Messiah willstill come if we continue thus and acquire the chemdath of all the Gentiles by usury and other methods." Alas, this is what we endure for them. They are under our shield and protection, and yet, as I have said, they curse us. But we shall revert to this later.