Benefits of quitting weed?

Why did you quit weed? Redpill me here Sup Forums, I've smoked for 4-5 years (22 y/o) and would like to quit, only if it will make me say like "WOW I'm so glad I quit that shit" Right now I feel like it's no big deal, but there's a part of me that would really like to quit.

While there are a lot of negatives I get from it (social anxiety, getting lost in my head), sometimes it feels like I need it, I get headaches a lot and it usually always clears it up, I love playing guitar and after smoking, it is much easier for me to visualize how to play, where to put my fingers, improvising, etc. So this can be a general cannabis pro/con thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

snopes.com/politics/medical/marijuanatar.asp
greenito.com/news/is-there-tar-in-weed/
youtube.com/watch?v=bM2AOaFS2wI
rense.com/general94/nwoplans.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

saves money?? allows you to buy other things..idk

Don't quit if you do not want to.

This here, weed cost a shit ton of money in the long run.

Smoking weed turns you into a lazy degenerate. Quiting would allow you to act like a normal, functioning member of society, at least on the surface.

Quit for a year then take a hit on 4/20.

That's pretty much what I do and I'm making 200k

cancer. smoking still causes it. i would vape your weed or vape the oil instead at the very least. less chance youll be arrested. i would only smoke alone at night before you go to bed. smoking socially is stupid/twice a year at most thing.
idk how much pain pills/medicine cost but smoking weed works 100x times better especially for going to bed when you're sick, plus saves your liver.

So, a wagecuck?

Like the rich guy said. Quit for at least a year. Do it by your own choice, not because you think its expected of you.

You're able to have any job you qualify for, no shady dealing scenarios, extra money, clear head and lungs.

You can always take a random toke on a special occasion. Best part is that it is more psychedelic and fun to do this way.

Benefits:
Sleep easy
Make friends
Something to do when there's nothing to do
Forget about bullshit for a good while
Better than alcohol in every way

Drawbacks:
Money
Addictive
Sometimes make friends that influence poor behavior
Stigma - you're automatically a degenerate lazy stoner if you smoke
Stigma - you'd have to go out of your way to "prove" you're an asset to society
Easy to get fat and lazy if you put weed first, purporting hedonistic activities over stoicisim
Association effect - by doing one pleasurable thing, you are inclined to do another as well by association: like fapping, drinking, vidya, smoking cigs, non-productive stuff

The cancer, coughing, lung problems thing is somewhat bullshit - I've been blazing for 6 years, almost 7 now. On and off, quit for 6 months, quit for 1 month, just decided I'd rather smoke than drink when I'm with my friends. Never had any problems, was able to quit smoking cigs on weekdays and have only 2-6 on weekends. All this shit depends on what kind of person you are too, if you let this drug run your life then you're an example of whats wrong with this society.

when i stopped, i was generally clearer minded, more energized, didnt feel the need to return home and catch a smoke, and had quicker wits.

its subtle, but i really like quitting after a few konths of smoking. feels fkn great to clean up

Smoked on semi regular basis with friends, but since they are blending weed with tobacco I stopped. Doing sports aswell, so it's good to have lungs clean.
It was fun, but I think I was way overhyped before my first try, and was actually kinda dissapointed that it was not an "AMAZING EXPERIENCE DUDE" like everyone was telling me. No regrets.

On the contrary. If someone stops smoking weed they are far more likely to get a stable job that pays well then they are if they don't stop.

Give me a better job please, I'm tired of making £16,000 a year

1. Waste of money, should be saved for better things.
2. Only for awhile then you get bored with the feeling.
3. Headaches, breathing problems.
4. Makes you lazy when you're on it, and apathetic the next day.
5. Makes you eat a shit load then you get bored of eating, fap for 2 hours, then you get bored and eat some more.

Just quit.

all drugs are like that where people over exaggerate the effect and you end up dissapointed

Compared to other pleasure purchases like fast food, booze, vidya games, movies, warhammer 40k, and other products/services designed to be non-functional and pro-emotion, weed isn't that pricey. Of course, depends on how much you smoke and what you can get it for. An 8th for $40 lasts me two weeks, that's $80 a month, $960 a year. Spending 1k a year on non-functional products for hedonistic release isn't a lot, compared to how much many people spend on eating out, vidya games, etc. The major difference being weed goes away after you smoke it, but so does the food you ate out and the fun of games after you've played them enough.

One day high, one day slow.

The hangover doesn't feel as bad as with alcohol but you're definitely less productive the day after.

Weedputs you in a 24/7 brainfog. You will notice the brainfog clear after a month or so and you will feel genuinely smarter

shouldn't have started

>TFW have to smoke weed or I don't feel normal

It gives me so much confidence and charisma I can't imagine a day without smoking.

>The cancer, coughing, lung problems thing is somewhat bullshit - I've been blazing for 6 years, almost 7 now. On and off, quit for 6 months, quit for 1 month, just decided I'd rather smoke than drink when I'm with my friends. Never had any problems
Nice anecdote but smoking is bad for your lungs and causes cancer. That's not really a matter of opinion.

Nice advice, I hope OP has a time machine.

Fucking leaf.

Weed, alcohol, and cigs are all for degenerates and are an easy way to keep plebs down.

I mean it still puts tar in your lungs. Just not cancer-causing tar.

Not sure what the long-term effects are. (Ability to breathe?)

I've become increasingly suicidal and depressed since quitting weed. Don't do it.

Also I suppose you could go with edibles instead of smoking it.

>tfw growing 4 big ass weed plants RN

hope to get a few pounds out of my little closet

Just space it out, only smoke like every friday or something, just don't blaze erry day

This. Currently smoking a half almost every two weeks, although i'm ashamed to admit it goes by faster than that sometimes. Its the only thing that gives me zen, it makes literally every activity better. but man I wish I could get all that money back.

There's no tar in weed. Smoking fucks your lungs but they repair themselves fairly easily ove 12 hours. Cigs have tar

I dunno I was just going off things like
snopes.com/politics/medical/marijuanatar.asp
and
greenito.com/news/is-there-tar-in-weed/

which say there is tar, but it's not cancer-causing.

I quit like 6 months ago. Life is boring as shit and I miss it, but there is no going back. My dealers are long gone by now. I could probably still find it though. I decided that I needed to grow up and get a better job/career. I was 25 working a min wage retard job just so I could smoke daily and I felt like shit about it. I miss it a lot, but I have my entire life to smoke weed. I'm trying to get my shit together right now.

saves money.
thats literally everything thats good with it.
Used to use it for chronic pain took it away / made me not care, not I'm clean I hate life again. Some are unproductive while on it so that might be you so thats a pro too.

of course smoking itself is bad, so vaping and brownies is fine of course. smoking is never good

Visualize the benefit in your wallet. And then just improvise, like the rest of us.

Not being dependent on Sup Forums???

You've cleaned a bong before:

Now imagine that in your lungs

the bad..
You can't smoke it when getting chemotherapy as you can possibly get a fungal infection and die quite quickly.

The good..
You forget that you have cancer even if its just a little while.

but 200k canadian dollars is 50 american dollars!? how do you eat?

I rarely if ever had a nightly dream while smoking daily.
Now I dream every single night, I love it.

After smoking daily for ~1 year my depression got worse, I was always critisizing myself in my head thinking to myself "you're embarrassing, you're a fool and everyone knows. You should be ashamed, why did you say that to that person fucking idiot no one likes you" etc.
Now that I've quit smoking I don't have those negative thoughts anymore.

I started lifting, it feels much better than smoking.

I'm beginning to wonder whether those threads are reverse psychology to get people on weed, which will ease nojob universal income society that's planned

34 years old now, started smoking pretty much daily when I was 18. Since then I've quit for short periods of time (never really telling myself I was quitting forever). Longest I quit was recently for just about a year, mostly because I moved to a new town and didn't know where to get it anymore (and didn't really want to fuck around with the dark web to get weed)

When I have it around me I have problems with impulse control. I end up smoking at least a little every day, and that bothers me a little.

But I don't think I would want to permanently quit, either. I enjoy life a lot more and like myself as a person better when I've smoked recently. The best would probably be if I could force myself to only do it on weekends and maybe one weekday

kek

I started smoking weed and cigarettes when I was 13 or 14. But that's also when I started drinking and taking shrooms and snorting heroin and stuff too. I'm 26 now and have quit everything except weed, which is like drinking tea every day. It's literally nothing. I quit cigarettes after 13 years cold turkey in one day, so it's not about willpower. I could see though if you have a fucked up mind already that it would just make you worse.

Same with dreams. I almost never remember them when I've been smoking, but then if I quit for a little while I will start remembering dreams.

It's nice, except it turns out that when I haven't been getting high a significant amount of my dreams are about smoking weed, and then I wake up and realize I'm not high and get frustrated

Non. All cannabis is medicinal.

Ignore the fucking morons trying to tell you smoking weed causes cancer. Of all the studies I've read there is no correlation (the exception is if you smoke weed AND cigarettes). Do your own research if you don't believe me, and definately don't believe anyone else on here.

I've smoked pretty much every day for the last 7 years. Recently got checked out for cancer. Nothing.

That said, there's really no 'benefit' to smoking it. Make me feel better, makes me more creative, makes me dumb as fuck. But after recently having a break from it, I realized I was always a dumb fuck, so I dunno.

Better than drinking, cheaper than drinking, less health risks.

I'm still smoking it, sometimes I feel like it's not doing anything. Being high becomes your 'new normal' so you can add that to the downsides. But at the same time, it's made me who I am, and I'm pretty okay with that.

It's the world that's the problem. So toke up mu Sup Forumslack.

I love lucid dreaming and I want to get back into it
Been to a few therapists and trying to understand myself and notice habits and things I'm unaware of
I realized I really can't be doing drugs any more
I want to attract a beautiful and good woman to be my wife and have my children
It's about time I get serious

This, didn't notice the brain fog when I was smoking every day for years. After a week quitting I realized how foggy my mind was. Feel much better now that I quit.

>I love lucid dreaming and I want to get back into it
I was lucid dreaming every day till I got a new job. Now for some reason I only dream about my job and can't go lucid. It's passing me off been a month now with only one lucid dream.

Was looking forward to smoking for 6 years while I was in the military. I smoked a lot in high school. It's been a year since I've been out, and I'm finally quitting. It's too easy to abuse. Smoking even just every night will rob you of an effective reward system.

Some manage it better than others. To them, kudos. Me though, I'm lazy by nature I suppose, so weed brings me down from an already somewhat poor baseline.

I've enjoyed smoking at nights. I might try once a month or something, but I cannot do every day anymore. I've turned into a fucking motivationless zombie.

THE most powerful thing you have in the world is your drive to press on. If weed hurts that for you, especially to the extent that it did me, man up and stop letting a plant turn you into a weak pussy. If you can handle it and do just fine, smoke way nigger.

It's all about the individual. It's a tool. Personally, I'm going to stick with my Microdosing LSD when I can. Lasts way longer and isn't addictive to me. Only downside with that tho is your emotions can be enhanced in both directions.

For all the noobs, give psychoactive substances the respect they deserve. Smoke weed everyday 420 blaze it is niggerish degenerative hippy culture. Be a responsible adult, and once again, press on.

t. Person regaining clarity and motivation to save the white race and join hands with my shit skin brothers in making America great again.

youtube.com/watch?v=bM2AOaFS2wI

I quit when I found out my wife was pregnant, that was 6 months ago. Almost everything feels the same to be honest. Slightly improved short term memory, more presence of mind, but that's about it.
I'd suggest quitting if you don't remember how being sober feels like anymore, otherwise carry on.

No. Lazy degenerative people are degenerative

Not being a degenerate scum is the biggest incentive to quit.

>mfw every weed thread on /pol

It's weed.

If you feel like you're smoking too much, slow down, or stop completely.

Also, this.

This.

I would probably say, good for your music taste, not your lungs or love life

I will smoke almost every evening and certainly when stoned much lazier but also more receptive to new things and ideas. I think weed and unemployment is the deadly combination

It's expensive and it doesn't help me think straight. Also the majority of people I've known that smoke it are degenerate. Ive smoked it non stop from 15 to about 20. Good for relaxing but fuck the herb jew. I wont not be your friend if you smoke it but I will think you are degenerate if you smoke it all the time.

thanks guys, I really do think my cognition and motivation has been stumped. I don't smoke a lot, maybe a few times a week after work, but I still binge at nights now and then. I want to quit for my mental sanity and mental/emotional clarity, but often find motivation to quit very difficult, cuz "it feels good why not do it"

It def. throws my mind under the bus and I start over analzying my whole life and lonliness and no gf and my failures and shortcommings. But I don't want to live a life like that anymore. I want to be smart and sharp again. Or at least more than I currently am.

>what is sativa?

I'm starting to come around to this conclusion. I'm 28, been an on-off smoker since I was maybe 19. Never smoked every day until maybe about April this year. I smoke just about every night before I go to bed and on weekends I might start lighting up earlier in the day and only ease off if I have something I need to do.

I keep having these depressive thoughts in my head. I no longer have a motivation to go hiking like I used to. I don't play with my cat as much. I can't play video games any more, I just turn on Youtube and watch random shit for hours. Even playing video games would be more productive than that.

And I got good about only drinking on Saturday nights with friends. Now I'm starting it Friday nights as well, and it's just fucking up my whole weekends.I lost almost 20 lbs since April and was only about 5 away from my goal weight, but for the past month or two i've really struggled to lose anything, and have started putting a few back on. I eat when i'm bored now, which is something I almost never used to do. And the weight gain only adds to the depression and I feel like it's spiraling out of control and i'm fucking sure it's due to this fucking weed.

I don't even smoke that much though. I don't get baked, I just get a little spaced out for half an hour and then get real mellow for a while. That makes it hard to convince myself the weed is really the issue, but I'm fucking sure smoking every day, no matter how much, can start to have an effect on you.

You can dream more regularly when you're not stoned all the time.

I love weed, but I also love to dream. Still trying to find the right balance.

Just quit for a month at least and see for yourself how it makes you feel.

So many things ring true in this thread. I've started reading books again post-election and I don't like to do it high. Didn't smoke for a week and had amazing dreams though they made me wake up several times through the night. Like others itt I only smoke a few hours before bedtime and was nearly every night for years.

I'm going to be 38 soon and have a pretty comfy job making decent pay and weed has helped me be okay with tfw no gf. The problem is that I wonder if weed is enabling me to be more complacent with the fact that my life isn't really going anywhere and I don't have anything really interesting to talk about at Thanksgiving with regard to my progress in life.

>The problem is that I wonder if weed is enabling me to be more complacent with the fact that my life isn't really going anywhere and I don't have anything really interesting to talk about at Thanksgiving with regard to my progress in life.

probably. Same with I believe if you have a hunch (as I do) that weed could be negatively affecting your life, it probably does. I've read too many posts from people all over who say wee slowly makes you complacent, and subtly makes you dull. I really think it's true. Weed lies to you, it says "hey whats the big deal? Just kick back and smoke"

But what exactly would progress in life look like, though? I'm happy at my job doing what I do and I don't want to brings kids into this fucked up future that we're all going to witness. Pussy is nice but girlfriends and wives can be a fucking disaster, so I'm weary of woman.

Is it so bad to be a loner stoner? Do I need to have 10 kids or win a Nobel Prize to live a fulfilling existence?

I smoked pretty much every day for 12 years. It always made me paranoid in public so I just used to smoke it alone and play video games. Was so good

Then it started giving me panic attacks so I HAD to quit.

I replaced it with booze. Not cool.

GROW YO OWN SHIT YOU GOAT FUCKER

this

I too often pair cannabis with beer. I wish I could just be content with weed on its own at all times. Beer infuses the high with confidence that counteracts the paranoid tendencies of weed.

rense.com/general94/nwoplans.htm
"THE ENCOURAGEMENT OF DRUG ABUSE TO CREATE A JUNGLE ATMOSPHERE

Drug use would he increased. Alcohol use would be increased. Law enforcement efforts against drugs would be increased. On first hearing that it sounded like a contradiction. Why increase drug abuse and simultaneously increase law enforcement against drug abuse? But the idea is that, in part, the increased availability of drugs would provide a sort of law of the jungle whereby the weak and the unfit would be selected out. There was a statement made at the time: "Before the earth was overpopulated, there was a law of the jungle where only the fittest survived. You had to be able to protect yourself against the elements and wild animals and disease, but if you were fit you survived. But now we've become so civilised - we're over civilised - and the unfit are enabled to survive only at the expense of those who are more fit." The abuse of drugs would restore, in a certain sense, the law of the jungle and selection of the fittest for survival. News about drug abuse and law enforcement efforts would tend to keep drugs in the public consciousness. And would also tend to reduce this unwarranted American complacency that the world is a safe place, and a nice place. "

teamster

Idk if anyone can explain why but everytime id smoke with friends id feel like not myself and everything felt like my body fell asleep and was waking up

This

See all that resin inside your pipe? That shit is going into your lungs too.

Don't get me wrong, smoke if you want to, but logic says that resin has to end up somewhere.

Why don't you stop smoking for a month and see how you like it you fucking retard. Or are you incapable of doing that? Stop seeking to justify your habit. You're in denial

>Why did you quit weed?

my lungs needed a break and I wasn't getting enough work done

also, it is detrimental to your ability to focus and operate in high-stress situations, I think. you need to be sober for war, and war is coming

t. smoked weed almost daily (all day erry day) for the past year or so; quit several weeks ago (moved out of state).

also smoked for a year non-stop in my early 20s

had to get away from it then because it was making me too paranoid

I think there is a saturation point

it's good for facilitating transitions, but at some point you need to wake up and live your life

>Association effect - by doing one pleasurable thing, you are inclined to do another as well by association: like fapping, drinking, vidya, smoking cigs, non-productive stuff
This right here.

Weeds biggest problem by far. You associate things you do while high as pleasurable even if they are self destructive.

If I were to stop, the nightmares start. Fuck stopping. Edibles working at night. It's a godsend.

For the smokers out there.

Don't smoke all the weed you want. Me and Scott Adams are gonna be over here getting high as giraffe pussy without you motherfucker.

Saves money is the only plus I can think of (unless you start drinking as a replacement). Also, i am a very active dreamer when not smoking.

same here

24 here, 11 years smoking nonstop

The first week you don't notice it, you have some trouble sleeping, have VERY vivid dreams, and feel kind of lethargic. But the second... the second week feels like you are higher than ever before, you realize how shit the habit actually was for you; and you realize that you should try to smoke the most sparingly you can.

Then you smoke one night and then buy a bag and fall in the loop again.

Etc.

tl;dr: do it, at least as a test, it feels VERY good once the weed leaves your system after the first week

You become less retarded

i had an uncle who didn't smoke tobacco, but did smoke weed everyday because he had a greenhouse you weren't allowed in die of lung cancer

it was funny how it happened
>parents talking about his funeral
>I didn't even know he died
>it was last thursday
>thursday was 4/20

smoke contains carcinogens, smoking anything is bad for your health

there's non smoking ways so it's not that big a deal

I was an everyday smoker from the age of 16-21

in december of last year, I stopped smoking weed cold turkey for 4 months and my life improved dramatically

>no mental fogginess
>vivid dreams
>increased energy and testosterone
>huge confidence boost due to mental clarity
>regular sleep cycle
>disinterest in video games
>massive gains in the gym
>Save myself 100 dollars a month at least

I could think of more things too. I smoke weed once in a while, but I set a few parameters

1. spend no more than 20 dollars every 3 months on weed
2. smoke only when you're finished with your daily tasks and routines
3. do not smoke too late in the evening, it messes up my sleep cycle, so I try to do it in the very early evening, 6 pm at the latest.

I enjoy it in the moment still, but often I regret smoking due to the mental fogginess it gives me 12-24 hours after smoking, but 30-60 mins of cardio clears that up well enough

Longterm chronic Marijuana use increases your chances of developing Parkinsons and deadens your dopamine receptors. Also is a huge money vaccum.

Switch to acid if you're trying to get the psychedelic experience for cheap.

Honestly it just made me ok with sitting at home playing video games all day long and not getting out of the house or meeting new friends. I could have developed myself with a skill obtained from doing anything but playing survival games on steam and smoking all day long. Quitting got me out of my safespace and into the real world

No benefits from starting smoking it, no benefits from quitting.

I was doing it everyday for months and one day I just stopped and forgot about it.
Unless you have a serious mental dependency on it from underlying issues, then quitting shouldn't be a problem, and it won't positively or negatively affect your life.

>Stigma - you'd have to go out of your way to "prove" you're an asset to society

This could be good though, cause it motivates you to do better.

I also want to quit but your dead on with this. I pay 40$ an 8th and it lasts me 2 weeks. I used to be absolutely degenerate with it but now i keep it for before bed. Still, it does lower my IQ substantially and it kills my motivation.

you don´t need weed or alcohol to undice lucid dreaming (it makes it easier but also way more chaotic and certain dream stages out of control till you regain it somewhat).

the easiest way to lucid dream naturally is to fall asleep on your back and entering REM stage with your body asleep but your mind in a relaxed meditative state.

it´s eaiser to practice then to explain , let the images flash before your mind and let the weight of the dream keep your body paralyzed.

do not get spooked by demonic entities or noises around you such as knocking on windows walls - those are just your mind fabricating audioqueues to check if you are ready for full sleep.

that is 1 way and another that helps is watching your hands or trying to take a look at them (I lucid dream for over 2 years not every night but most of them)

i also wrote down a dreamjournal for months but the dreams got weirder and weirder way less pleasent.

being beheaded , limbs cut off - demonic entities contacting me or noticing me and charging towards me with only a handful being friendly and talkative such as giving me warnings not to travel and lose my fears of the uknown.

nowadays i tend to avoid humanoid encounters in dreams and if i do i use astralmagic(sounds corny) but basically shapeshifting and doing DBZ energyballs with your hands.

the more in control you are while lucid the more of the planes you will encounter and with constant practice plus dreamjournal grinding even be able to revisit.

i was never able to build my own dreams as such claim to do. i can mainly influence myself and roll with the scenarious and a lot of fucking random chicks while also feeling whatever happens to my body.

you can read a lot about inducing lucid dreaming just on google or take a trip to/x/ but they are mostly roleplaying too much for attention.

also sideeffects are tons of nightmares and possible sleep paralysis.