How do we fix this?

How do we fix this?

And don't fucking say Kellie Leitch. She's a fucking fraud

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8wUQn1-ieGU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We can't .

Canada has been lost to the borg, and pesticide-resistant ants.

This.

Conservatives are biblethumping rednecks and liberals are cucks. Nuke Canada and be done with it

Canadian Conservative party is basically the US's Democrat party.

put in bernier
have him appeal to quebec soft nationalism

Conservatives need to become the workers party.

NDP and Liberals are so obviously out of touch and dripping with elitism.

NDP leader in ontario has these as her favourite quotes:

Margaret Mead: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."

Mohandas Gandhi: "A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

As far as I'm concerned that speaks to an elitist notion that she, and her party know best. Her and her small group will enforce their vision on Ontario.

I would like to discuss with you today the future of our society, the future of Quebec, which worries me very much.

Political debates in Quebec have been dominated for several decades by the “national question.” It’s a legitimate debate, but a debate that’s not going anywhere and will probably not go anywhere for a long time to come. Lucien Bouchard said it recently, and polls also show it: most Quebecers do not believe that Quebec will separate from Canada in the foreseeable future.

Despite this, since the 1970s, we’ve talked a lot about political independence, about the constitution, we’ve held referendums. And meanwhile, we’ve built a system of economic dependence that’s become more and more elaborate.

Quebec has one of the biggest and most interventionist governments in North America, and one of the heaviest fiscal burdens. Quebec has the most far-reaching social programs. Quebec is the province that gives the most subsidies to businesses, artists, parents, and to a host of other groups. And let’s not forget the other problems, such as the fact that Quebec is among the most rapidly aging societies in the world. This will increase the cost of social programs, and there will be fewer young people to pay for them.

Some weeks ago, we learned in a study of the Quebec department of Finance that we rank fifth among the most indebted societies in the industrialized world, not far behind Greece which is currently going through a difficult financial crisis. While we were debating independence, we accumulated an enormous debt and we became dependent on borrowed money to fund an unsustainable level of public services.

We certainly have many reasons to be proud of our culture, our language, of the evolution of our society during the past four centuries. But the political choices that were made in Quebec in the past four decades have led us in a dead end. If we do not change direction soon, we’re going to hit a brick wall.

>We certainly have many reasons to be proud of our culture, our language, of the evolution of our society during the past four centuries. But the political choices that were made in Quebec in the past four decades have led us in a dead end. If we do not change direction soon, we’re going to hit a brick wall.

>As it happens, the Bloc Québécois was recently celebrating its 20th anniversary. Instead of discussing the real problems of Quebec, the bloquistes prefer to continue debating a hypothetical project and try to prove that our federal system is not working.

Gilles Duceppe made a fool of himself by comparing the separatist movement to the resistance against the Nazis in his anniversary speech. If the bloquistes spent more of their energy trying to find solutions to the concrete challenges that we face instead of uttering such nonsense, perhaps we’d be in better shape as a society.

>Mr Duceppe also complained, as he has been doing for 20 years, that Quebec did not get enough money from the federal government. He said that our last budget did not redistribute enough funds to Quebec, and that is the proof that federalism is not profitable for us. So in short, Mr Duceppe, who is fighting for Quebec independence, laments the fact that Quebec is not enough economically dependent on the rest of Canada. He wants Quebec to get more money, he wants us to be even more dependent!

>This year, Quebec will get $8.5 billion in equalization payments, an increase of $200 million compared with last year. That’s more than half of the $14 billion in the program. That’s money that comes from the richer provinces, such as Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan.

>It’s true that other provinces, such as Manitoba and the three Maritime Provinces, get even more equalization money per capita than Quebec, and so are even more dependent on Ottawa. But that’s not an excuse. As a Quebecer, I am not really proud of the fact that we are a poor province that gets equalization money.

And if we are poorer, it’s not the rest of Canada’s fault. It should be obvious enough that unbridled state interventionism does not lead to prosperity. If that were the case, Quebec would be the richest place in North America instead of being one of the poorest.

>Many studies have shown that the less its government intervenes in the economy, the more prosperous a society becomes. The Fraser Institute regularly compares the economic situation in the provinces and states of North America and has found a direct correlation between the level of economic freedom and prosperity. An analysis of 23 OECD countries over a period of 36 years has also shown that economic growth is inversely proportional with government spending. For every additional ten percentage points of government spending as a proportion of GDP, economic growth is permanently reduced by one percent a year.

So, to repeat, the rest of Canada has nothing to do with the fact that we are poorer, as the bloquistes claim. We are poorer because of bad economic policies that made Quebec’s economy less productive; we are poorer because we live beyond our means instead of having responsible policies; we are poorer because the first reflex of much of our political class is to constantly beg for more money in Ottawa instead of taking the necessary decisions that would solve our problems and put our house in order.

>In the 1970s, Robert Bourassa invented the term “profitable federalism” (“fédéralisme rentable”). That was a very unfortunate concept to put forward as a way to defend the merits of federalism. For many Quebecers, the more money we extract from the rest of Canada, the more profitable federalism is deemed to be.

Both federalist and separatist provincial governments have used the threat of separation to try to get more money. Can you remember the Bélanger-Campeau commission? The whole debate about the fiscal disequilibrium? It’s always the same pattern, the same beggar-thy-neighbour approach. Even when the amounts being sent by Ottawa increase, the reaction in Quebec City is always that it’s not enough, we need more, or else this is the proof that federalism is not profitable.

>For my part, the type of federalism that I wish for is not a profitable one, it’s responsible federalism. On the masthead of my blog, there are two words in large characters, two inseparable principles that I consider extremely important: liberty and responsibility. I favour as much individual freedom as possible. But when you are free, you must also be responsible for your actions. You can enjoy the fruits of your labour, but you must also bear the consequences of your bad decisions.

The same is true for governments. A responsible federalism is a federalism that rests on the principle of subsidiarity. This means that issues should be handled by the smallest or lowest competent authority, the one closest to the people. Each one should fund its own programs and decide for itself its own priorities as an autonomous entity.

with oontario and no kikes

ta gueule, pd

I think we're ok. I don't dislike Trudeau to be honest. I just think he won't have much of an impact. I do hope he legalizes marijuana, though.

he won't be a self-destructing bitch going anti-Trump and whatever, so we should be good.

Albertan here. Ever since last year's election I've been contemplating joining the party but I can't bring myself to do it. They're too cucked and deluded. They're beyond salvation. Besides, as a neoreactionary/fascist hybrid, I'd have to hide my power level big time in order to fit in.

I've been putting a lot of thought into this throughout the past year and I've come to the conclusion that the most sensible course of action is to focus our efforts provincially, not nationally. Canada as a whole is a lost cause. The inherent leftism is too ingrained into every aspect of or country. Ontario and BC will never be reclaimed and the citizens of Quebec are too inherently liberal to be saved unless a miracle happens that changes public opinion.

The prairie provinces, the north, and some sections of the maritimes however, are still salvageable. If there is any province with the highest likelihood of separating, it'd be Alberta. Last I read the number supporting a hypothetical secession were at ~25%. And unlike Quebec, we'd be able to survive on our own (economically).

If we could organize support for an Albertan Independence referendum, then we could make Alberta a refuge for right-leaning Canadians to move to to escape the leftism of Canada. Clear out all the undesirables and leave Alberta as a rightwing paradise. It'd be a bastion of western civilization.

Well at least they are insulting weedman

>every single candidate at the debate is pro TPP

Canada is doomed

>2016
>Kathleen Wynne still isn't in jail

Why the fuck is this allowed?

By failing at the hands of the based NDP. That's NSDAP without the 'S' and the 'A'. Partially started by American immigrants :). Also, according to the empire loyalists' official webpage, the terms Tory and loyalist are not synonymous

>I've been putting a lot of thought into this throughout the past year and I've come to the conclusion that the most sensible course of action is to focus our efforts provincially, not nationally. Canada as a whole is a lost cause. The inherent leftism is too ingrained into every aspect of or country. Ontario and BC will never be reclaimed and the citizens of Quebec are too inherently liberal to be saved unless a miracle happens that changes public opinion.

Bernier said
The same is true for governments. A responsible federalism is a federalism that rests on the principle of subsidiarity. This means that issues should be handled by the smallest or lowest competent authority, the one closest to the people. Each one should fund its own programs and decide for itself its own priorities as an autonomous entity.

>This way, each province, each region, each community, develops according to its own personality. This allows local particularities to be expressed. And each is responsible for its own policies. If one has bad policies, others cannot be held responsible and should not be forced to help pay the bill.

In a large and diverse federation like Canada, the fastest way to breed resentment and disunity is to have a big central government intervening in local affairs. Separatism in Quebec, and discontent in the West, grew fastest during the Trudeau era, as a reaction against central government activism.

>We, conservatives, offer a different vision: a smaller and less interventionist government in Ottawa. The intention of the fathers of Confederation was clear: it was to have autonomous provinces, each one responsible and completely independent in their own jurisdiction.

even if he isn't our guy, shrinking the federal government is a step in the right direction

How the current conservative party makes me feel: youtube.com/watch?v=8wUQn1-ieGU

Agreed, I'm indifferent towards Trudeau, despite his snowflakeness.

I fucking hate Kathleen Wynne however.

Being a dyke probably has something to do with it

>Mfw I live in Ontario

Slowly. Red Pills need a gradual treatment. Get a moderate, win, and shift from there.

The moderate needs to be anti TFW though. Link it to slavery/indentured servitude, because basically that's what it is. Call the Liberals out for shilling it and let the NDP eat the slack.

I'm new here, but as far as I know Quebec is one of the provinces that pay the most taxes? And they also have Hydro Quebec which appears to be something huge that makes a lot of money for them? Isn't Toronto a made up city because "Canada" was afraid of Quebec's separatism? So why "unlike Quebec we'd be able to survive on our own"?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a temporary resident in Quebec City for almost 3 years so I'm not really an expert on your history.

THIS

They might as well call themselves the cuckservative party of canada. Putting economics over culture.

fucking globalists man

You literally can't. Like other similar Westminster System or like governments, political parties cannot be internally changed because the structure favors the party heads to where nothing can be done to even subvert the party.
There are no primaries, the party itself determines the candidate not the people.
The people can't vote for a PM, only MPs.
The system is designed to keep outsiders out of the major parties, the only way to get in is by 3rd party and its impossible unless you get media attention to near Trump tier and even then Canadians are dumb enough to believe the bullshit the CBC spouts.

tl;dr join a 3rd party focused on populism that doesn't have a batshit crazy platform and work the social media game hard

They need to elect someone who's young, handsome and well spoken as party leader. That's literally it, that's what got Trudeau elected. Jack Layton had that too despite the Howdy Doody look - he knew how to fire up a crowd. The current crop of candidates for the conservative party are a sad bunch. Kevin O'leary would be good but he looks too much like a fucking goblin.

This kid was recently elected as the youngest conservative mpp ever in Ontario. He made a statement about getting rid of the Liberal's sex education plan and the cuck conservative leader behind had to scold him and he walked back his statements. The cucks in the party won't let anyone differentiate themselves from the Liberals.

see
>This year, Quebec will get $8.5 billion in equalization payments, an increase of $200 million compared with last year. That’s more than half of the $14 billion in the program. That’s money that comes from the richer provinces, such as Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan.

they get more from the federal government than they give, in return for remaining
>In the 1970s, Robert Bourassa invented the term “profitable federalism” (“fédéralisme rentable”). That was a very unfortunate concept to put forward as a way to defend the merits of federalism. For many Quebecers, the more money we extract from the rest of Canada, the more profitable federalism is deemed to be.

Alberta could survive on it's own because we are one of the few provinces that is a net contributor to the transfer payment system (as opposed to a net beneficiary like most provinces). Ergo, more money is taken out of our province by the feds than is put back in. We are the economic engine of canada. I've read studies from economics profs that claim that if Alberta were to become an independant , we'd become one of the richest countries in the world overnight.

-we have oil, and lots of it
-the U of A is a world leader in nanotechnology, which is the way of the future. We'll be making bank from that industry come 20 or so years. We could very well become the next silicon valley.
-we have agriculture, some of the most fertile soil in north america
-tons of businesses have their headquarters here
-U of A is also arguably the best university for engineering in canada
-tons of other industries, we have an extremely diverse economy in comparison to other provinces.

>
who is this glorious man?

TELL ME user. I MUST KNOW

nvm I just read the file name. apologies user, I am truly retarded

>join a 3rd party focused on populism that doesn't have a batshit crazy platform

Do we even have one of those?

Ontario is fucked no matter what we do... all 3 parties suck balls

I destroyed Harper with purpose, you'll need to run damage control on the Libs while I decide if I'm going to permit RONA's existence.

RARE

Except Kevin O'leary may be certifiably retarded. That didn't stop the Americucks though. Chong is actually a decent Candidate, he's the most pragmatic candidate of the bunch right now and he would be an easy sell to the Asian dominated ridings in Southern Ontario and BC.

>no portuguese flag
ayyy lmao

>he won't be a self-destructing bitch going anti-Trump and whatever, so we should be good.

Except he's doubling down on carbon taxes and the like when the US is going the other way. We're going to see our industry flee south of the 49th, mark my words.

look boyz we've got a LARPer

bernier is a total beta cuck just like the others.

cuckservatism isn't a solution.

whatsherface is the biggest politcal hack I've ever seen. they're all incredibly shitty candidates.

revolution or secession is the only way to go man. we cannot win with votes alone at the federal level. get this through your heads. the citizenry of this country is too fuckign liberal

Thank you friendo

fuck Harper for not stepping down and appointing a leader before the election

Trudeau is in charge because of his fucking hubris

>chong
>socially liberal beta cuck

no thanks senpai. that asian IQ doesn't count for shit if he's that deluded.

well, I believe Québec will receive that amount of money because it has a higher population than the other provinces? I'm pretty sure if you get the per capita benefit instead of the total payment you would see that New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and probably Manitoba are getting "more money".

Aside that point, it's really a shame that Québec has to receive money from the equalization payments. This province has a lot of potential, but people don't like to work here. Literally the most hard-workers I know are immigrants. I don't want to sound an asshole but I really feel that the majority of people here are edging the ignorant-tier. I see many companies hiring developers from countries such as France and Africa (french-speaking people usually) and these developers are not even good. It gets me thinking that if the province has to import BAD professionals from other countries something is really, really wrong.

Doesn't Québec also have a lot of oil? I'm not sure. Also, I can't argue against nanotechnology, you guys are in good hands.

Ok scott

You sound like an American in 2012

>Gandhi
>elitist

For now not yet [spoiler]Im part of a startup political party right now who want reduced immigration, fair trade and developing more of our own shit, especially military tech, at home. We're hoping to get registered with Elections Canada next year and have about a dozen regular members plus we are incorporated as a non-profit and are currently working on a website[/spoiler]

Albertan again. I'm his age. I need to get into contact wit this guy. I wonder if he's a member of the federal tories

He's got the best odds of beating Trudeau the one thing Trudeau has over the conservatives is the Liberal moral high ground. Let's face it most Canadians are socially Liberal. Chong takes away one of Trudeau's biggest advantages, if you want 4 more years of a Liberal gov't you're best bet would to be to line up behind Chong.

>turn one of the biggest energy sectors into a jobless hellhole
>somehow manage to turn one of the biggest economies in the country into a debt ridden hellhole
>any critic is deemed a "homophobe"
Fuck I hate wynne even more than I hate Hillary Clinton

>>any critic is deemed a "homophobe"
Nah Im pretty sure 90% of Ontario hates her and everyone just accepts it.
Patrick Brown is likely gonna be PM unless he does something insanely stupid or the Liberals field a different totempole.
If the former happens the NDP could win and that would be VERY VERY BAD.

>moral high ground

Oh please. Both the CPC and the LPC's "high ground" is six feet under.

Quebec has hardly any oil whatsoever.

as for transfer payment,s it has nothing to do with population and more so to do with a provinces financial status. the more they receive from the feds, the poorer they are, and vice versa.

anyway user you said you've been here for 3 years? where are you originally from and why'd you choose to come here? how has your experience been so far?

If the NDP knows how to do anything, it's fucking up a province worse than the Liberals.

>Ooga booga NDP
Don't be scurred

I wish you the best of luck dude, but deep down i feel as if 3rd parties are a big time waster. All we'd be doing is splitting the conservative vote, and in a country as liberal as ours, that's not something we can afford if we want a chance at winning.

curiosity though, what are you guys called?

>Patrick Brown
JUST

Except that I basically ran public opinion in Toronto.

Yeah but social liberalism is what is destroying this country. It'd do noting to help our predicament, notably the immigrant hordes.

culture >>> economics

>3rd parties are a big time waster
That's why NDP is pushing for electoral reform. Imagine if Liberals fail even at THAT. Who knows what will happen next election.

Just a reminder that the Liberals are gonna win a majority again for one the following reasons

>wynne steps down before election and voters think her stooge will be better (Think mcguinty to wynne)
>conservatives and ndp continue to be brain dead and hand an election to the liberals again
>toronto being toronto

They recently discovered some under Anticosti Island. There's also a fuckton of shale on the south shore.

there is a issue with per capita
as you also said, Quebec has a lot of potential, fishery collapse fucked Atlantic Canada, Quebec also has the most expansive provincial government, Quebecers free cegep (college) is because westerners pay their tuition

Quebec probably has some shale oil in the St. Lawrence Valley, but they banned it

Remember when the liberals had Bob Rae as the interim leader? I nearly bust a nut laughing.

Social liberalism is good in every way except immigration and its weird love affair with Islam.

you were saying?

I missed an "I" in office. Fuck me.

but can't one assume that for the equalization payment, QC is receiving $XYZ dollars for each citizen? Meaning, then, that if these same citizens had made this money in the year (in taxes) QC wouldn't be receiving money?

I'm a Brazilian descendent of Italians. I had an extremely good job in a bank in Brazil, but was kinda tired of working 13-14 hours per day and decided to try another country. Quebec literally does presentations in Brazil a few times a year to "promote immigration to Quebec". I went to one of these presentations and decided to give a try. I'm not a shit-tier immigrant so I learned French in 5 months and found myself a job. In literally one year I doubled my salary because I'm not a dead weight. The overall experience has been good. I'm not a huge fan of winter in February, but the easy pussy I can have by just existing as a latin-american kinda pays for the trouble.

saved

thank you user, been looking for a graphic like this for awhile

how did you "run public opinion"

>so I learned French in 5 months

To be fair, you came from a Portuguese speaking country, so learning French would be easier than for Anglos.

You don't. Toronto has so many fucking wards and communities its impossible to "control" it. Toronto already hated Harper by default because its a very liberal area.

had no idea. learn something every day. but then again, being quebec, they'll find a way to fuck it up

not how it works. see

I didn't know CEGEPs were free. I heard they were really cheap, but not free. Thanks for the information.

I was thinking Bernier
but he seems like a cuck
Kellie is obviously a fraud and would lose to Trudeau

They're "Progressive" Conservative. Just make your own party if you want anything right wing.

If anything, they'll hold off on extracting any of it until they know they won't have to share with other provinces.

How can I not be scared of that complete moron Andrea Horwath? She makes Wynne look like a philosopher king.
Well the platform is essentially to appeal to both sides, especially the working middle and middle-high class, which is what Trump did and how he won.
Unfortunately for us, Canada is not like the US because they can choose whoever they want and nobody bats an eye because idiots took the idea of "peace, order and good government" and turned it into "the state is always right!"
I think now is the best time to push a 3rd party to prominence thanks to the power of social media. Hell even before social media Canada has seen small 3rd parties get big over the course of one election (see the reform party) and it could still happen again if we push hard with moderates which is the vast bulk of the country.

Canadians want to fix the manufacturing and general job sector and they could accept it being done with less immigration, tariffs and overall protectionism especially with the change in beliefs over the past 6 years and the publics dislike of importing thousands when we could use the money to improve the lives of people already here.
People say "what about the immigrants who deserve a chance for a better life?" Do you think they'd get a better life with no job and nowhere to live and become dependent on welfare (which is far less then the US, maybe $500 or less a month for most people in Ontario at least) to where they become so broken they waste it all on booze and drugs.

I think if we can get people to understand that we are a party of true empathy unlike the backstabbing major parties then we can gain some major ground, along with engaging in local talks and town halls to get some regional representation into Canada that doesn't happen with the hyperpartisan MPs and Senators.

im dumb, but ill contribute a bump

>2007 surplus
>Alberta
Wew, a petrostate is doing badly during low oil prices? SAY IT IS NOT SO, LAD. Next you'll tell me that Venezuela and Algeria are a complete mess.

Your province depends entirely on Middle East. Your provincial government don't mean squat, you should be an expert in middle eastern politics.

When, not if, Saudi Arabia collapses and oil supply will get put in doubt, your economy will go back up. And I will be there to sarcastically tell you that NDP did it.

Nothing short of nationalizing the energy industry, and speeding up building of the East-West pipeline can save Alberta domestically.

just fucking make them leave the country and annex a small sliver for Highway 1. they can all freeze to death for all I care

Let's be honest: Bernier is the least of a cuck who is actually electable.

I wouldn't mind Mister Wonderful, but I think he'd be more valuable as Minister of Finance.

Third party would actually do pretty well up here desu. People are a lot more open to a third party than they are in the US even if our smaller parties only get like 6% of the vote.

I really think it's no huge deal that I learned French in 5 months. But you gotta see the other Brazilians or Spanish-speaking people that I meet here. Good fucking lord. These people are not even making an effort.

I literally avoided Brazilians for one year to have my French perfected.

But I agree that it's fucking hard for Anglos. To be honest, I don't even know how Anglos can speak French, the sounds are completely different. Gotta practice a lot.

I know she's not ideal but it's almost a shame that Rona Ambrose is interim leader and thus ineligible to run for the full-on leadership position. I think she'd be our best chance at winning. She used to be my MP before she switched constituencies. Met her once. very smart and well spoken woman, good conservative principles. People like her, even the liberals I know do.

She also has the woman card going for her so all the feminists and housewives would eat that shit up.

I know a female leader isn't ideal but she's my #1 choice as of now.

Didn't she run to the NDP after some shit that she claimed was sexist?

Not to mention the lack of word gender and the sentence structure being completely different.

Gotta love how some things come out if you translate them literally, though.

>"Egg nog" becomes "Chicken milk"

You basically need a Quebec Conservative to break up the Quebec-Ontario LPC voting block. That's it.

Harper already hammered out a coaition between socially conservative immigrants, native people and all Canadians out of the three urban cores.

wrong. that's the provincial party

federal Tories are strictly conservative, at least in name. they're all cucks anyway so it doesn't matter

Fuck off Alliance party. I don't care if you corporate boot lickers stole part of the PC name.

Didn't vote for Harper; but was willing to see silver lining.
I asked them only two fucking things;

1-Grow the economy.
FAILED
The only reason the economic crash of 2008 was avoided was because the banks were already well-regulated here, unlike in the corrupt US.

2-Grow our military/defend the north.
They did Fuck-all and didn't blast he F35 contract out of the water.

Yeah, it only took Kim Campbell completely imploding the old Progressive Conservative Party, first. lol

that... actually sounds like it might work. Only chance being if you have proportional rep, but still.

I'm intrigued. what are you guys called?

NDP increased spending beyond measure

PCs, corrupt as they were, would have at least had the sense to cut spending.