I didn't realise the ching Ching Chinaman's Language was so based

I didn't realise the ching Ching Chinaman's Language was so based.

Other urls found in this thread:

translate.google.com/#zh-CN/en/女
translate.google.com/#zh-CN/en/姦
jisho.org/search/姦
yellowbridge.com/chinese/character-etymology.php?searchChinese=1&zi=页
chineseetymology.org/CharacterEtymology.aspx?submitButton1=Etymology&characterInput=頁
mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php?page=worddict&wdrst=0&wdqb=猪
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campaña_Antichina
youtube.com/watch?v=vExjnn_3ep4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I learned it a few years ago, fluent. The woman character actually meant slave before the cultural revolution. when my friends and I learned this we all had a hearty kek

That's really funny.

Chinese memes, anyone?

You'd love Japanese then. 姦 means "rape" there.

Any leafs in here to confirm?

It's a dark path. pretty sure "australia" is written as "bays big advantage asia"

what a shit language

The spoken part isn't bad. It sounds weird because it relies on tones, but grammatically it's super easy. The written language is full-retard.

姦 has the same meaning as in Chinese. It only carries the meaning of rape in certain compounds, e.g. 強姦.

translate.google.com/#zh-CN/en/女
translate.google.com/#zh-CN/en/姦

麻烦 "trouble".
first character is two plants under a roof(literal meaning: cannabis)
second character is "fire" next to "paper sheet" (literal meaning: to confuse/to smokescreen/to be troublesome)

so it's basically "TROUBLE" but you read it "cannabis smokescreen"

I think it's Very Good, Very Mighty.

We take the big cock

jisho.org/search/姦
> wicked, mischief, seduce, rape, noisy

Lots of stuff was redefined in Japanese, even when dealing onyomi.

Wtf I love China now

How is that a paper sheet? The rest i can make out but why does a sheet of paper look like a vagina

Huh, got me there.

Underneath a tire pump or dynamite plunger

>kiwi

just ask your neighbhour

Not a leaf but it's my mother tongue. Can confirm.

姦 is traditional while 奸 is simplified.

For stuff like foreign names they use characters with tones which remotely sound like how the name is pronounced. So taken separately the characters won't make sense.

United States is "Meiguo", literally means "Beautiful Country"

dont use google translate for chinese. its wrong 80% of the time. country names dont mean anything, they are just written how they sound to chinese ears

Is this "ma fan" or however you write it in english?

neat

makes sense to me

This is true. And yet every time I read 加拿大 I am thinking to myself "家-nada" - the ones without families. The choice of characters has an effect on how others, how they view their place with reference to the chinese. Who I am sure feel they are million of years ahead of australians by their attitudes. Coming from 塔斯马尼亚 which I'd gloss over as "tower chop horse female.beggar asia" isn't going to give me a calm reaction towards their expansionist policies.

>don't put 30 women in one place
>that's how you get crocodiles

witchcraft!!!!!!

美国 is actually short for 美利坚合众国 so make of that what you will.

>美利坚合众国
"nice Profit Kennedy Together Public country"

that's nice.

>澳大利亚联邦
>"[doodle of flag] Big Profit Asia Couplet state"

that's not so nice.

It's a simplification of this 頁 (now meaning page or leaf), which is a simplification of pic related, which meant head. As to why head came to mean leaf/page, I don't know. Maybe leafs look like heads? Pages are related to the mind?

Sources:
yellowbridge.com/chinese/character-etymology.php?searchChinese=1&zi=页
chineseetymology.org/CharacterEtymology.aspx?submitButton1=Etymology&characterInput=頁

México is brother but we are nice?

gee thanks for nothing China

>Not having an alphabet

联邦 is federation or commonwealth. 联 in this context is union. 邦 is state.

have a (you) kiwi. well played.

>Panda
>BIG BEAR CAT

>Bullshit
>Buushih!

>风雨同舟 (to be stuck in the same boat, let's helping eachother)
>to be stuck in the same boat(ugh I no rite! this boat a shit!)

HAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT

It also meaning loud and annoying, but it's not in common usage in modern Japanese. Also 嫁 (yome; wife) is literally woman and house.

The Chinese Word for Pig sounds like Jew,

I am not joking.

Try to say the Chinese word for Pig.

It really sounds like Jew.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

yes, but without context, to an uneducated learner, it sounds like they're appropriating our land, it's already marked off as being 亚联邦 asian union state. How can chinese get the feeling of being in a foreign land with such softening names? how can an australian learner know when to connect the characters into words? it's like a brit going to norway and thinking he's still in the EU. You might as well call us Asian Resource Island. oh wait.

>cuckoo
So it can also be used to call someone a cuck or is this a mistranslation of adultery?

Am Chinese. Can confirm.

we don't assign meanings to individual words for country names or names in general you nigs
it's just a collection of words in chinese/mandarin that sounds similar to the english pronunciation

t. Hongkie in Melbourne

You are correct.

mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php?page=worddict&wdrst=0&wdqb=猪

You can click the speaker to hear the pronunciation.

>the act of sarcasm is a form of rape

Jesus Christ why did I laugh so hard at this

except the word for pig could also means a variety of other things too. The language is heavily based on context, one pronunciation could mean different things.

>Western Brother
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campaña_Antichina

>fiction and falsehood.
surely every character is just one word, nothing more, nothing less.
Melbourne gave me asthma. I'm hobart now. where chinese friends call my beard "pubic face". I know there's a word for beard I'm certain they're just dicks.

I'd have thought one of the first things people learning the language know is how foreign names are done in Chinese, so they'd know why their country is named like that. But you have a point.

You do for the parts of the name that you can reasonably assign i.e. the parts that consist of words that can be translated. For example for Soviet Union it's 苏 for the Soviet part and 联 for the Union part because 联 is union.

And 国 just means country. Can't remember offhand the reason they just tack it on to the names of some countries.

>could also
this is a rare case where they'd very likely know you meant to say pig.

have a look at this. youtube.com/watch?v=vExjnn_3ep4

>before the cultural revolution.
Yeah, bullshit.

It means "woman" in Japanese too and always has.

This is insane

>Singapore
>pretending to know a lot about the Chinese language
i mean what you're saying is correct and I agree with you but c'mon man

>surely every character is just one word, nothing more, nothing less.
>surely
ok sure whatever you say

What a load of bullshit this is.

嬲 is angry
man woman man

>I learned it a few years ago, fluent
well obviously you're not fluent enough
>he woman character actually meant slave before the cultural revolution
lmao no

underrated

but that's limited to the canto language brother

I heard about the Canada play on words a while back. It's a joke for them. Their business culture is way more aggressive than ours. We may be seen as easy pickings.

>1. The act of sarcasm is a form of rape, rape, rape, rape, rape, rape, rape and rape

I don't profess to know everything about the Chinese language, but it's my mother tongue so I should know something about it.

Besides
>Australia
I'm not sure you're one to talk.

This

Get out of my country you shitskin subhuman

Yeah, I'd say it means to bother/annoy or be troublesome, not the noun trouble.

chinks knew about Jesus

>we don't assign meanings to individual words for country names or names in general you nigs it's just a collection of words in chinese/mandarin that sounds similar to the english pronunciation

But still an interesting concept if the words for a place can affect the perception of it.

Stop lying on an anonymous imageboard. There are idiots who take this stuff seriously and will probably pass this on to their idiot friends.

Dont the Chinese symbols that the Japanese took, means totally different things in Japanese than Chinese?

mean

>The act was carried out in a rape
>Jianjianjianjianjianjianjianjianjianjianjianjianjian

KEK

>not posting woman man woman

It's like listening to the words of a hysterical feminist.

IIRC some do, but most don't.

read posts by this ID
am an international student studying here

get the fuck out of Chistralia whitey
we're full

Well, fine.

it doesn't
at least not for us Chinese

can confirm, went to a cali college flooded with gooks, chinks, and japs

asked my chink grad student ta what "america" meant in chinese, and she said "beautiful land"

So the Chinese word for trouble is the first thing you see from a crowd of approaching niggers.

Yeah I was about to say this

It SOUNDS like "nice country" when your use the character, but it still says what is says.

>catching crying crying crying

>yes in chinese is do not wrong
Is google translate fucking with me?

>Chistralia
Degenerate Austrian thinking he's a superior moralfag

>麻
mess
>烦
irritating
>麻烦
irritating mess, trouble

get gud yank, also use traditional chinese and don't be a simplified pleb

They usually have the same or similar meaning, though Japanese uses the traditional characters not the simplified ones.

>Austrian
read posts by this ID fucking yank
also learn how to fucking spell Australia correctly you degenerate nigger

I understand that the perception of someone who didn't pick up Chinese early on can be affected by how the language names a place, but if you're a native speaker it really doesn't affect you.

Whatever you say, salty snowflake

Japan switched some characters to simplified some time back. Most are still in traditional though, and there are also some characters that are neither.

Isn't Chinese an official language in Singapore? Why wouldn't he know a lot about it?

I'm guessing it's because we learn a bastardised version of the language here.

>be an ugly chinaman in the middle of the century
>hear a story about a sorcerer's wife getting raped by an abominable crocodile
>crocodile's little bird friend goes "cuckoo, cuckoo"
>sorcerer's wife cries, cries, cries because of her crack - but it was all a fraud, she's crazy
>sarcastically start referring to bad things happening as "rape"
chinks wrote it all down, not a single piece of history is missing in their etymology

well i'd rather not put it that way but...

>rape and rape
>ugly and rape
>fraud and rape
>crocodile rape

Wew