Metal gear

what does Sup Forums think about the Metal Gear saga?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/X3hjRKGrC40
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cuck as fuck

Metal Gear?

Series is dead to me after the mess of MGSV, turns out kojima just got extremely lucky 3 times.

MGS3 is great, MGS5 is garbage

ive enjoyed 1, 2, 3, 4, (((rising))) and played about half of 5 before getting over video games completely. would like to see a metal gear anime or a movie or series.

oh and i forgot about peace walker. i enjoyed that too.

Probably my game favorite series, and MGS2 is a nice entry level redpill.

The storylines are absolute nonsense and Kojima is a fucking hack.

It's a good series. Fuck MGSV, though. I don't know what Kojima was thinking, but I guess Konami kinda fucked him over so I'll forgive him.

MGS is a good series. The story is a little too "save the planet" at times, but overall I really like it, mostly because most people incapable of critical thinking are entirely incapable of understanding the actual story behind the series.

Great series, but I always thought the story was overly complicated and unrealistic and really didnt think Kojima knew wtf he was doing. Was so easy to trigger Sup Forums over my opinion back in the day.

...but this election cycle. Man Kojima knew.

Yeah. I've played every one multiple times throughout my life and can't keep up with all the groups and turncoat groups. You need a fucking chart to keep up. With that said, MGS and MGS4 are the best ones.

MGSV was a legitimately good game.

Solidus did NOTHING wrong

what didnt you like about 5? why didnt you like it?

V was easily the funnest gameplay wise of the series, and the most frustrating when it came to the story.

But when you look at the conditions Kojima and his team were working under...doing the same thing over and over and over for thirty fucking years...it's not hard to see how the game turned out the way it did.

It's just another day in a war that never ends. Sigh.

>yfw prophet of KEK

Any MGS thread derails into a Sup Forums-tier autism fest where people barely in their twenties try to explain to you the only good MGS game was the one they were too young to even play when it first got released.

Every metal gear game was fun to play, each had its own style, the soundtracks have always been very good and I personally like Hideo's humor. At the end of the day, it's a fucking video game, you cucks, stop pretending it's anything more than that.

t. someone who's played and enjoyed every game of the series

taught me how to be a sneaky motherfucker

never been caught since mgs1

Bullshit you didn't play OR enjoy ACID

>had to learn how to sneak from a fucking video game

Get good you stupid autist. It's like you never even had your mother make you break into your dad's house to get your passport.

you should be less concerned with video games and more concerned with electing Le Pen, faggot.

Acid is to MGS what Hearthstone is to WoW, just shittier. It doesn't make it to my list of "games that count as part of MGS series"

1 and 3 are good, 2, 4 and 5 are not

ACID and ACID 2 were good, though. I played them both.

Had a better plot than PW.

op here
you guys seen the new metal gear trailer?
youtu.be/X3hjRKGrC40

She already had my vote last elections. She'll get it again next time. MFGA

I realized around mission 19 that the plot was going nowhere, and that all the shit ive done since I got to africa was completely meaningless in the grand overarching plot

>mission to extract pmc major who knows where zero is
>extract him
>kaz says something along the lines of 'oh he was only kidding, oh well, mission complete'

I wasnt expecting gross fanservice that showed solid snake and outer heaven etc. But I also wasnt expecting a game that could quite easily be cut from the chronology and nothing would change.

4 is a good movie.

metal gear ended with 4.

does she actually have a chance?

that final ocelot fight >

Oh my. I didn't want to like it, but that actually looks like it has potential for fun.

2>1>3>5>4>peace wanker

The plot was subdued but the message was still somewhat strong, and the gameplay/setting/visual design are all top notch and incredibly polished regardless.

MGS is based. Kojima can tell the future. He's a leftist, though.

It has a massive red pill for anyone with an attention plan.

They stopped Kojima from finishing his work on MGS V because it was going to red pill people on MK Ultra.

>that final ocelot fight
Was absolutely retarded, the way MGS4 followed up 2 was awful and it retconned a lot of the point in order to pull through with its own bullshit.

this will never be a metal gear game. no kojima = not metal gear.

Honestly, too early to tell.

Memelanchon the commie will probably get about 5%, Hollande will not even gather that much, Sarkozy is out (that's good), and since the media is going into overshill mode against Fillion, I'm guessing Juppé is the one most likely to be elected this far, with Marine being second.

>and it retconned a lot
How so?

2>4>1>3>rising>5>pw

with a ludicrus story

Looks mind-numbingly awful. Excrement pixelated. 0/10 not even canon

i would fuck girl big boss so hard

pic related is quiet's model
moar incoming

moar

I unironically did like Kiefer better than Hayter.

>all those mgs4 movie jokes before v had an archive
Like tears in rain

A lot of shit doesn't make sense if you account for MGS2's resolutions, like Raiden going full edge, Vamp being alive, Ocelot still faking he's Liquid, etc.

If they were any good they'd have been preserved. It's like you don't understand how this site works.

Who is best waifu in Metal Gear Solid series and why is it EVA?

>mfw people can't actually say MGS:V is a bad game without resorting to "muh plot"
>"muh plot" is code term for "I'm upset about my headcanon Big Boss."

Prove me fucking wrong.

i dropped it as soon as it started making me replay previous levels. i used to play video games for the exploration and discovery and for story, not for a difficulty challenge. the same level but just a little harder is no fun to me and the story wasnt progressing fast enough to keep me hooked.

1 and 3 were pretty good, the rest were ok.

Reminder that Kojima was saying the plot of MGSV would shock many and maybe even end his chances of ever working in the video game industry ever again.

Reminder that the consensus was that MGSV would be about child trafficking.

>He's a leftist
[source]?

the ocelot fight was retarded? nigger, wtf is wrong with you? that's one of my top moments in the whole series.

the shilling by the media this year has backfired twice (brexit, trump). it could happen again.

You didn't even have to do the replays to complete the game, just the important side missions to unlock mission 44 and 45.

>predicted meme warfare

Games are fun
Characters are great
Story is shit.

It made sense to change VAs for the older character, but more than ten lines from Keifer might have been nice.

>A lot of shit doesn't make sense if you account for MGS2's resolutions,
Just finished playing 2 again last night, and i can't agree.
>like Raiden going full edge,
Totally something missing there for sure, but it's only in Rising that he goes full edge.
>Vamp being alive,
He was alive at the end of 2. Watching Jack and Rose.
>Ocelot still faking he's Liquid, etc.
Yea, that was stupid from the get go. Kinda think 4 fixed it a bit (whilst still being retarded). With 5s brainwashing stuff it starts to make sense, though.

I like it.

I hated the sequence before it.

That entire fucking ship.
Johnny's subplot.
That entire fucking microwave corridor.
What the fuck were they thinking?

You can forgive 1 for being cheeky because it's an old game. You can forgive 2 for being cheeky because the game fucks with your perception of what is real and what isn't. You can forgive Snake Eater for being cheeky because it's an action movie joke. You can forgive V for being cheeky because it may or may not have been a propaganda piece in-universe.

MGS4 took itself oh so very seriously and everything that was ridiculous in it ended up having no excuse.

The ocelot fight and the epilogue saved the game though.

stefanie?

Is this true? Never heard about it. Is this why this fuckery at Konami happend?

>say why this game with no plot is bad in this extremely plot heavy game series without criticising the plot
>hahaha got ya!

You dont deserve someone as great as nigel.

Thanks for proving me wrong chap

you're quite right

Kojima has such a boner for Evangelion.

>screen capping random shitposts when you had 200gb to work with and were pirating anime

u wot

yeah, the early trailers featured the child soldiers more prominently and kojima promised to actually make big boss evil. i was looking forward to playing as the "bad guy" as opposed to playing keifer sutherland playing a body double.

This is true, plot aside MGS:V is by far the most replayable.

luckily survive is just a bad dlc
to satisfy the public until the real next metal gear comes out (hence not named MGS6)

>He's a leftist, though.

what leftist things has he said? i noticed in peace walker he seemed to like commies.

Everything up to snake eater Is gold, everything after Is kinda meh.

The series goes along a proportionally inverse path of improved gameplay and devolved writing.

MGS 1 is good for a playthrough or two, and the story is alright. Even for its time, the gameplay was very stiff.

2 improved upon 1's gameplay, but it is lame in every way after the Tanker, though it had a good "message" at the end for baby's first red pill.

3 is right there in the middle, and its wannabe James Bond story with the introduction of The Boss and the highly romanticized concept of regular political power shifts was where I stopped giving a damn about the story.

4 is really fun for sneaking around, combat, two thirds of the bosses, gimmicks, setpiece encounters and fucking with enemies, but was retarded in every other regard. It sucks that it gets pinned as the "movie" when it also had the most "game" parts to it compared to the previous three.

Peace Walker and MGSV are great games with amazing control, the feel of it is really enjoyable, although I had wished there was a bit more variety to the environments, that there were more places like FOBs or the mansion. The stories are basically irrelevant and the writing is really lame at this point.

>game cuts off halfway through, expects you to replay old missions with modifiers
>every mission (repeat or not) is some sort of variation of 'extract Y'
>5th game in the series still broken by using a tranq pistol

There you are ahmed, literally the only good things about mgsv is the movement, controls and animations.

Everything else was hot garbage.

i don't think metal gear survive has satisfied anyone lol. metal gear is nothing without kojima.

mgs 6 will be the exact same game as 5. actually it'll probably be worse since konami's realized we'll buy an unfinished game.

it was a bit of fun.

Mgs4 would've been perfect if hideo didn't let his staff rewrite the story like a bunch of babies

And if johnny didn't shit himself constantly but whatever, jap humor?

Seriously though if snake and otacon were executed it as kojima wrote originally it would've been GOAT

>5th game in the series still broken by using a tranq pistol
You're not wrong but it's hard to say "MGS:V is a shit game" when the way you phrased that you meant EVERY MGS game has that issue. So really MGS:V is not the problem here - the franchise is.

>Headcanon

Hello, bait.

It has to do with there being any resolution to the character at all. Or what was even really going on. I think people have the right to be upset at seemingly bad or lazy writing, unless your story was meant to be left unresolved as to imprint the audience with that specific emotion and therefore understand the 'message.' If there is any.

Except that the writing is good enough to discern what the 'intent' was. When you leave your audience confused, you've failed to communicate your message. This is not to say that a story 'shouldn't' be written in a way that doesn't invite discussion and deeper analysis, but it is the onus of an author to present evidence inside of a work to make it consistent with itself. Or if you are a bad writer or someone who doesn't care about your story, you write a lot of loose threads and say 'hey also Moby Dick, right guys?'

Moby Dick, by the way, is a fucking masterpiece. You can instantly tell this, you can instantly infer that there is a lot going on in the story with allusion and its symbology, how it is constructed and the story it is telling. And there are lots of ways to interpret it. The story-telling in Moby Dick is good.

The story-telling in MGS:V is... lacking.

Which is why it is a not-great game. But you're right, I can't say that it's a bad game.

Disagree, I think PW was better in that regards.
The Side-Ops are SO FUCKING BORING in MGS:V

kojima told you what you were getting into seconds after starting the game, ya dingus.

>Ocelot still faking he's Liquid

i shouldnt have to say this:

n a n o m a c h i n e s

>hurrr durr muh no kojima mgs is deaad hurr

give konami a shot
they're hiring new people

Open world was a mistake

>yfw Kojima predicted Twitter and Reddit

Naomi Hunter is nice, caring waifu.

The thing with PW is I got everything (or close enough) there is to get in the game some time ago. MGS:V is more open-ended