Is The Art of War a meme book?

Is The Art of War a meme book?

This shit is completely useless

Other urls found in this thread:

xenophon-mil.org/rushistory/suvorov/naukapobezhdat.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Obsolete book after humanity invented tactical nuclear warheads.

Yes.

It is something dumb people read to feel smart. They often also brag about it "I have read The Art of War!". Complete retards.

It's not useless. It's basically teaching common sense to those without it. It won't make you smarter, but it certainly make you wiser.

It has a lot of insight about human interaction

No, the psychological aspects of leadership hold as true today as they did then.

If you can't see value in that book you're either intensely stupid or simply trying to make yourself sound cool.

you dont need to put a fullstop after quotation marks

Lmao shut the fuck up Sweden

of course its useless for you frog, its about how to win wars.

one for you

and another for you

>reading chinese crap

Who /weeb/ masterrace here?

Not even my image. Don't know why it did that. This was the one I meant to post.

>It's basically teaching common sense to those without it

This. I found myself already deeply aware of most of this guy's tenets merely by virtue of having a functioning brain without having previously read this.

Yea its a meme.

You get maybe 5 interesting quotrs out it. Not even joking: art of the deal is better if you are thinking if everyday strategy for winning

Yes, if you post on Sup Forums I'm almost 99.9% sure the Art of War will not help you ever in your lifetime. But to people who actually accomplish things it could be useful.

No it's not, you just think it is because military tactics have advanced and the things in Art of War seem obvious for you. You must understand that this was the first time ever that anyone wrote something like this, keep that in mind while reading it

Decent read, entry point into strategy. Not tactics, strategy. In rises strong points, like: dont start war without clear understanding what objectives and goals are.
Also, it seems that without comentars from chinese traditions and western translators, this book easily becomes some kind of pseudointelectual mumbojumbo.

Already been said, but yes.

A book of common sense written at a time and for a people that thought warfare should be ritualised.

No, it's not a meme book. It states basics of military theory and knowledge, but is a bit outdated in parts and holds some core values that aren't really in use in Westerm militaries. Stuff like
>win the war first, then fight
just doesn't work with the focus on decisive battles found in the West and so forth.
The thing reads much like it was written by a military theorist and strategist to a ruler, like it apparently was.

More like it's overhyped by le machiavelic polisci student or le wannabe ruthless businessman
Otherwise it has some good insights and it is pleasant to read.

People are judging too harshly by the modern standards of literature.

You have to keep in mind the context;

(1) Firstly, it was written in the 5th century BC
(2) Secondly, it was never written with the intent of being a book, rather it was just a collection of commentaries etched onto bamboo slips

So If you wanted to gain worthwhile tactical and battlefield knowledge of course you are going to find a modern book on tactics much more useful. What makes the Art of War special is it's antiquity, it is a collection of military principles and understandings from an ancient time and Honestly if you actually read it properly you will see that it has a lot of modern concepts in it too; like basic force multipliers, the importance of espionage, that warfare is based on deception and vitality of knowing what your enemy knows about you. But yes, if you want to gain modern -practical knowledge on tactics then you're better of reading something else.

Machiavelli has become a meme but that's because those people just think he's cool and never actually read anything he wrote. What he wrote is very relevant and pretty timeless.

But it was the end of the sentence...

He's a meme because 99% of people's knowledge of him are based on The Prince.

The Art of War is a favourite in Japan. Japanese people highly admire classical Chinese texts, and used them extensively in their culture.

Chinks cannot think abstractly without help. What is obvious to you is NOT obvious to a dogeater. "Don't be predictable" is groundbreaking advice over there.

Exactly

Yes, I bet they haven't read the letter he wrote to his friend about his experiences in fucking a woman who apparently had lice and looked like a pig.

Yeah, a meme book to reference to on a paper later. Good thing most Sup Forumsacks either don't have a higher education or go STEM instead of /lit/ and /his/ faggotry.

>A book of common sense

We should start handing these out around campuses sp people can remember what common sense is then, because at the minute it seems like it's the rarest natural resource.

Are they?
I thought hate ran deep
Anyway, I was just funposting

It was the original 4D chess.

"The Art of the Deal" is the updated version.

chinks are boring neet nation that build wall and stay behind it while getting spanked regularly by their jap overlords. sad!

Its mostly fundamentals and common sense. Good to pick up and look at every once in a while but not completely applicable to the modern battlefield.

>"Don't be predictable" is groundbreaking advice over there.

The sad part is that I can actually see this.

kek'd hard
based fingolia

>Meditate deeply on this
>Think deeply on this
>Practice this diligently

Gee thanks Musashi

>If an order does not get across, its the generals fault not the troops

The chink on the Empire of Dust should have read this

Thats because we are currently in an economic war, not a military one

Military "chess" style thinking rather than competitive economic thinking is better for some situations.

The Art of War is a decent book but it is a lot just common sense. Being reminded of common sense from another perspectivr can increase one's wisdom significantly though.

yes

Where do I get the book of this absolute madman?

it is common sense written down basically. nice for reflection but that is about it.

yes

shitty translated book with mostly ancient information. read the three kingdoms instead.

are you mad because it doesnt tell you to surrender without fighting?

This.

This is a good explanation

It's like the Talmud in that it shows you what a race is capable of doing (for example: Psychological Warfare and all the conspiracy theory ways in which globalists wage war)

When you see how an ancient race knew how manipulate "the enemy's" perceptions you realize that they are doing that in the modern age on a global scale. The only difference is that nations arent enemies of each other, the elite ruling the nations are responsible for making the groups of people that dont even know each other enemies.

Ya that's why the VC used tactics from that book against the US and you bitchasslooken' punk frogs and look how that turned out

Unfortunately yeah kind of

Communism was the nail in China's greatness coffin. Fucking (((communists)))

I dunno, I'm an Americunt studying here. Don't even know if they've been translated into English

As a jap this actually makes sense to me

Dont you learn more about something when you focus on something you werent previously focusing on???

>VC used very basic military theory in a war
What, you think the rest of the world doesn't, dingus?

Nope, it talks about how discipline can conquer anything.

It's the world's worst war book, but the greatest self-help book.

>roach weeb in charge of historical knowledge

The chinks drew your goatfucking ancestors thousand miles across central asia have you forgotten?

xenophon-mil.org/rushistory/suvorov/naukapobezhdat.htm

Translate cyka
Its only 17 pages

Don't charge up hills and don't charge straight into chariots. 10/10 will apply to business dealings.

its applicable at scale

for example, wine stomping, gruyere munching, white flag flailing frogs have little use for art in war

just ask matisse

have the refugees taken versailles yet?

soon, am i right?

Underrated

>he thinks turks are "turks"
>not greco anatolians

sven "bubba47" azikiwe in charge of history and genetics. also they even got cucked by turks and mongols so hard they had to build wall and trade their women for horses.

You know the book is like 40 pages long, you can read it in an hour even with the bizarre chinky english.

That's above my paygrade Savvas

china had its ass thoroughly reamed out and distented for 100 years before communism became a thing. their unwillingness to modernize with the world combined with predatory colonialism ruined them beforehand. not saying they didnt completely shit the bed outrageously and frequently under communism.

Yeah it seems like simple Common Sense stuff, but was he the very first person to write this stuff down?

>Is The Art of War a meme book?

All books are meme books, user.

>This shit is completely useless

Wrong.

Actually that's the right way to type it since he's "quoting" the exclamation point.

The Chinese are retarded, and retarded westerners idolise the retarded Chinese because they're exotic. The Analects is doubly-retarded.
>'bathe everyday to wash away the stink'
oooooh master kong you so smart and wise my inferior brain could never think such things.
Bootlicking and lame platitudes are the only things chinks can understand.

mfw westerners try to understand Asia ancient wisdom AGAIN for million times

it's seem like Rudyard Kipling is right about his " Is east Is"

Yeah getting colonized was like getting shot

They couldve recovered from that the way Japan broke free

Communism destroys the inside of a nation though and the wound takes much longer to heal, if ever at all

Russia is a good example of a ruined people struggling to become great again too

we are exposed to a lot of ideas in culture such as books and movies so not all of it comes across as new ideas. if all you had was this book and your world was your valley, it would teach you shit. but if you grew up watching cartoons and hollywood movies and playing computer games, you have already learned the lessons.

I read the Art of War, but the best part was that in my translation there was commentary and based Cao Cao improves the book greatly.

Been wanting to pick this up for awhile now. How does it compare to Art of War? Is it basically the same thing?

Like some other anons said, Art of War is just common sense from a different past perspective. Though these days common sense seems to be in short supply.

>mfw Thailand undergoes another coup

Just fucking die already.

Which translation of the art of war is good? I read the Oxford translation by Samuel B. Griffith.

>if you grew up watching cartoons and hollywood movies and playing computer games, you have already learned the lessons.

How so? Can you give some examples?

Proper Books:

Donald Trump - The Art of the Deal
Erwin Rommel - Attacks
Robert Greene- The 48 Laws of Power
Mike Cernovich - Gorilla Mindset
Nassim Nicholas Taleb- Anti-Fragile
Alfred Lansing - Endurance

>Sup Forums trying to discuss literature again
Embarrassing.

>Mike Cernovich - Gorilla Mindset
Why this book?

>Frenchman
>this book on war is completely useless

LOL
yeah it's great for you to find good reason to stop china from rising isn't it ?
And what USA do with my country in cold war era is the cause why our democracy was bad today

>Mike Cernocuck

Opinion discarded

The punctuation in the quote is used to end the sentence.

They hate the commies, doesn't mean they hate classical China. Journey to the West is a popular story in all of Asia and the Japanese make a ton of games about Chinese history such as Dynasty Warriors or Romance of the three Kingdoms.

>>He's a meme because 99% of people's knowledge of him are based on The Prince.
that's all he was ever important for. that work was and still is an anathema. him and the corpus of proto-realist and modern realist thinkers have deeply influenced foreign policy making in washington. we have no real friends and everyone else is a potential enemy that needs to be checked.

Guaranteed (You)'s and possible thread derailment.

Why don't you just die you fucking gook?

Writing and lit fag here

The British man is right, the exclamation point served as the punctuation for the sentence. Adding a period is like shooting a child in the head twice, completely unnecessary as the kids already dead.

Its more of a tactics book rather than strategy actually
Certainly going deeper than common sense but half of it is about dueling with different weapons
Also the pretentious asian pops out now and then as well

Read this OP. Le "Précis de l'art de la guerre" in french. Clausewitz is good too.

yeah, it's all pretty simple stuff

and a lot of it is only useful if you extrapolate the information, and even then, it's really basic

They make you read it in officer school.
You would be surprised how some ideas in there still hold up.

Nothing surprising about it, really. War is still war and humans are still human.

This

Mike would be a great guy but he is an unlikable piece of shit

I respect what he does and mostly agree with him but I find him annoying as shit and never watch his content anymore

I dont get why more people online dont do this: if you hate some shitty bullshitter for PERSONAL rather than objective reasons, just fucking ignore them and move on

The left consistently goes after someone that triggers them and then justifies everything else in the name of bringing down the trigger source
>pic related
Hes fucking 10 years old and your trying to ruin him to get at his dad? You call yourself the good guy or the hero?

it is exceptionally abstract if you plan to use it now.

>not knowing Jomini
>american education

No youre just an idiot

>OP posts red pilled book
>average low IQ Sup Forumslacks shit all over it

This is why you fail retards. This is why you fail.

if you like musashi try read the book write by 吉川英治 Eiji Yoshikawa
I die already when saturn and node(Rahu) come to my Zodiac years ago now I am reborn as new person.

>people who have never been in conflict of any type
Art of War is true from anything whether its work conflict to fucking street fighter.

Book of Five Rings is superior in personal every day use.