Did Walmart really destroy rural communities in america?

Did Walmart really destroy rural communities in america?

Other urls found in this thread:

thetimchannel.wordpress.com/2012/11/18/why-walmart-failed-in-germany/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, democrats/liberals did that

Explain. The rural states vote republican.

Yes, they are a blight wherever they are.

Walmart and corporate grocery stores raped rural culture. Everyone here goes to Walmart for everything.

No. Before WM came to my area, my family would have to travel 50 miles to the nearest city anytime they wanted to shop.
The liberals and democrats always focus all the federal funding to major cities. There is little or no comparable funding and development to rural areas.

No, globalism did.

You encourage free trade with countries that mass produce products cheaper than your own country, you're going to encourage people to buy from them instead. Walmart had the money and space to buy in bulk so the consumers could pay less than if they shopped elsewhere

We need to stop free trade so that our countries can bring back our industry. Canada has lost tons of auto industry, logging industry etc just like America to the Chinese.

Blaming Walmart specifically is like blaming white people for income inequality instead of the (((top 1%))) who make the rules and encourage the welfare state.

Or like blaming Trump for taking a massive tax deduction when it's 100% legal, a rule made by people like Clinton in the first place, and literally anyone would do it if they could.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

no capitalism destroyed rural america. took away their self sufficiency and made them reliant on a unpredictable global market.

capitalism is like a drug. when you're high, things are great. but the comedown will always gets you in the end.

Sup Forums needs to get redpilled on capitalism asap. traditionalist conservatism and capitalism are not compatible.

you better fucking believe they did

local businesses couldnt compete, and even if they cost a little more people liked those local businesses

then walmart raises its prices back up to normal because "its hard economic times"

meanwhile all those mom and pop shops are now gone

small businesses, farming communities, conservative lifestyles. all of those are what leftists hate and passed bills destroying them, and the (((EPA))) has shown up with armed forces to intimidate and shut down old mills that "pose a dangerous health hazard"

Wal-Mart has the cheapest items and groceries in my area.

Sure it is all made in china but I don't need a marked up canadian made snow scraper or frying pan when there is a cheaper alternative.

No, rural communities were always shit.

But can't you order that snow scraper even cheaper from Ali Express?

Well, they didn't destroy the communities, but they destroyed the mom-and-pop businesses. That's exactly what capitalism is for, though - in the beginning, it concentrated resources from feudal manors into merchants that served each small area, and then into larger factories owned by fewer people, and so on and so forth until today, when every town under about 100,000 people in America basically only shops at Walmart because there's nowhere else to go. The communities still exist, in that people still live and work there, but where they work and spend their money is concentrated into the hands of the owners of the capital. Everything functions exactly as intended, whether you like the morals of it or not.

this guy has a point. rural communities have over priced shitty stores and they get destroyed by gas stations, not even walmart

a gas station will start selling groceries at a normal humane price and drive these small town businesses to ruin. it doesn't take a wal mart, these country fucks wish they had a wal mart.

wal mart improves whereever it goes
I might go there right now

Not really, but they do tend to run out local business that competes with them. Simply because they're so much better. This isn't necessarily a bad thing economically as the poor can get what they need at better prices. But it does suck if you run one of those local businesses or like to frequent them

This is an important thing because it's written by a woman, so feminists can't just dismiss it out of hand as easily. We should spread this.

Yup, it blows my mind how it STILL is happening. I'm in this small shithole in northern Wisconsin of like a few thousand people and they have a walmart that's parking lot is always packed. Meanwhile every store that competes in goods that isn't super specialized or a hometown hero has gone out of business.

So what? If they can't compete they better fuck off from the free market.

Yes, the vote republican because dem/lib have controlled the Federal level for years. Remember that the US has over 80,000 govts which the Federal Level supersedes.

If not Walmart it would've been someone else. It's the natural consequence of the market and advancing technology. But yes, it did, mom and pop shops can't compete.

americans being shekel pinching tightwads ruined america

Monopolies aren't allowed

Fuck no.

Before Wal-Mart, rural areas had NOTHING -- no shops, no entertainment, no real standard of living.

Wal-Mart brought nationwide goods and frivolities to these cultural wastelands at rock-bottom prices.

Nowadays, these broke-ass towns RELY on Wal-Mart to keep them alive, which speaks volumes about its importance.

Never heard of Target huh

only middle class and rich people care about walmart driving local businesses away.

but there's no fucking middle class left. we're all poor and we love walmart now.

this viewpoint is wrong, but I have no prepared antithesis

>be capitalism
>free market
>blame the market
If they wanted to keep their rural communities, they should have refrained from going to shartmart

Maybe.

However, Walmart is merely a product of creative destruction.

IF places want to keep a Walmart out, then they have to either compete against it or not spend any money at a Walmart -- either/both are not easy.

Imagine when the jews shut down all wal-marts. It's like an on/off switch for the people to acquire food. It will be ugly.

everytime I go to walmart I see the most degenerate people to ever exist.

No.

They did replace a lot of overpriced, privately owned stores, though. Those old store owners are the new Wal-Mart managers. The old employees are, well, Wal-Mart employees now, frankly getting better pay than they would have under the private owners, who never pay more than the absolutely minimum (and expect more work and have less oversight when trying to rip off employees).

Frankly life is better all around with Wal-Mart. It helps those with little money stretch it further. It's the whole reason for their success.

naaaa
your poor cuz u dumb

Compared to a locally owned business more money will always leave the region for the major cities where corporate hq's are/investors live etc.

They tried to implement them in Germany but they utterly failed.

Worth a read: thetimchannel.wordpress.com/2012/11/18/why-walmart-failed-in-germany/

No that was the beaners.

MGTOW is a Jewish ideal aimed at straight white males

Redpills

Rural communities were already dying/dead. Mega corps run farms now - not mom and pop with a small tractor.

The productive activity has shifted to urban centers. This is why Trump was able to capitalize on what is, in essence, the result of technological change and human innovation.

It is an inevitable trend. People do not really want to be dirt farmers - they just think the bullshit glamorization of the past is real (it is not).

Farm mechanization took out rural America OP.

I think that's bullshit that there ABSOLUTELY HAS TO BE A WALMART in small towns. I feel that the federal government making the notion of owning your own business harder is part of the problem; higher taxes and more places moving overseas.

I feel that, as well as many others, the federal government is intentionally destroying this country inside and out and walmart also helps get rid of competition in small towns with having the lowest prices; no more mom and pop stores.

Where I live, Walmart is where everyone hangs out since there is literally nothing else to do. You can get away from the cold, sit in the indoor Mcdonald's all day, beg for change, get your fix of heroin in the bathroom, go to the bus stop, yell at the pharmacist, sleep in your car in the parking lot (if you are homeless it's breddy gud), work there, shop, take a shit, make a toilet paper fort and get drunk with buds, walk around, do heroin, walk around, glare at people, do heroin, take a shit, get some McDonalds, beg for change, do heroin, suck some cock in the bathroom, do meth, do heroin, do heroin, do heroin, do heroin, do heroin, do heroin, do heroin, do heroin, do heroin, do heroin do heroin, do heroin, do heroin, do heroin, do heroin, do heroin, do heroin, do heroin, do heroin, do heroin do heroin, do heroin, do heroin, do heroin, do heroin, do heroin, do heroin, do heroin, do heroin, do heroin

The truth is most "mom&pop" stores suck. For every one that gives great service, there are at least 10 that will treat you like crap. I lived in one of those towns, and before Wal-Mart you had to put up with all kinds of shit just to go through your daily routine.

>McDonald's
>in a supermarket

wtf america?

the walmart a mile from my home has the same thing

They also have banks and optometrists. Some have a garbage tier auto and tire garage. Plus a pharmacy, but that at least makes sense.

Yes, they are evil

Yes. Wal-Mart single handedly fucked up Globalism by preventing Rural Communities from capturing the surpluses of Outsourcing. Any solution that would 'fix' Globalism would have to reform straight through Big Box Retail.

Let me put it this way. People would be OK with Service sector jobs if they paid as-well as manufacturing jobs. Therefore, Rural Republicans would've still been for Free Trade if it meant $15 an hour jobs at 40 hours, rather than $10 an hour jobs at 30 hours.

>"But if we paid people $15, we'd go bankrupt, and small businesses would take over."

Exactly.

WalMart is like the Invisible Blimp that the powers-at-be have ignored because they assume all businesses have the same political consequences. When in reality Wal-Mart's existence indirectly assured Globalism's destruction in the long term. This is one of the reasons why Globalism COULD'VE worked, but didn't.

Was it autism?

Well in Norway most grocery stores or supermarkets have a pharmacy, and maybe a post office sometimes, mostly in rural areas.

Wat. How would more small businesses not damage globalism?
>the surplus of outsourcing
???

>>the surplus of outsourcing

If goods are cheaper overseas, then businesses which sell goods make more profit. If these businesses are locally based in rural communities, than the rural community gets richer from outsourcing due to the surplus of cheaper goods. However, Wal-Mart ISN'T based in the communities it operates, therefore it absorbs the surplus and destroys the local economy in areas which it operates. Which then provokes a reaction toward protectionism as local communities NEED their factory jobs back because Wal-Mart is making all the money from Outsourcing.

It's a complicated logic but once it's understood, you begin to realize how much Wal-Mart fucks over the NWO in America. Most businesses, like the Auto Industry, don't directly produce political forces that conspire against them.

Small businesses should've been Globalism's greatest ally in securing the rural communities of America. But they mindlesslessly let them die, giving them NO allies in places like Bumfuck, Arkansas.

Condemnation is cheap and I'm smart enough to be careful about what I say. But Big-Box retail is a giant oversight in attempting to make Globalism work, by ensuring that Rural Communities will conspire against them. And the best enemy in politics is one you never have to fight, so there was no chance of "ramming" through Rural America.

It's been literally years before someone finally brought up this essential point, shill or no, but if you want to know why Globalist Economics fail, Big-Box is the culprit.

You all know the Clintons actually OWN Wal-Mart now right? They have been for a long time and yet they still give shit wages. It would also explain the increase in black/hispanic traffic

You don't know shit faggot

((Tesco)) here in the UK do the same shit.

And to top it off, they only employ minorities.

I know enough to provoke a reaction from you, which is more than sufficient.

yeah it sacrificed any semblance of a local culture and closed up all the shops on main street.

American basically traded local identity to have better access to cheap shit. I never visit walmart. Buy local, buy American, reject globalism

most have subway now, only the really fatass area get the mcdonalds

For the record, I have no interest in trying to "fix" Globalism. Smarter men than me know better than to even bring up the problems.

My state is rural and votes both ways. That said, there has been mass migration of over the hill Californians running here from the mexicans then making it more like california. Homeless/druggy types walk around in broad daylight. Tweakers and bums hang out all over our new shopping center that has increased traffic to a ridiculous level and brings in even more people. Never used to see shit like that when i was a kid. This town is kill. It's not just Wal Mart. It's the mass shopping centers that go in and put all the other stores out of business. If Trumps real about China and tariffs then this may change.

Rather than making Globalism work under Big-Box retail, Trump is dismantling Globalism all-together, which incidentally will keep the Mass Shopping Centers in tact. Tariffs are an even more extreme measure than anything I've been suggesting.

They ruined a lot of small downtown shopping areas. So many look sad and bombed out.

Wrong. I only see whites working the till at my local tesco. Whereas the coop next door is consistently manned by some darkie.

Doesn't the BBC only hire minorities to work there now?