Raise the voting age

Can you provide even one (1) good reason why the voting age should not be raised to at least 25? College age kids have no life experience besides being wards of their parents. They shouldn't have a say in the future of the country until they've lived with adult responsibilities for a few years.

you should have to serve for your country in some way to be able to vote

It should be raised to 25 without any doubt.

People right out of highschool have no perspective on the real world beyond whatever government approved ideals were crammed into their heads.

/thread

Then they should be exempt from military service and taxes, as well. And criminal liabilities beyond juvenile.

Starship Troopers was supposed to be satire.

Then all laws would favor the military and fuck over everyone else.

No they shouldn't because the point was they develop life experience by dealing with all that shit for a few years before they're considered responsible enough to vote. The only one I'm iffy on is the military, and only if we ever reinstate the draft. As is, the military is an all volunteer force.

>Pay for my retirement while I reduce your stance as a citizen!
Boomer detected.

Votes should go to the employed.

I agree

Men should be eligible to vote once they served in the military for 3 years.

Women should be eligible for the vote once they are married and have 3 kids. Divorcee women lose their vote. Widows keep it.

>Generation Z poised to be most conservative generation in decades
>Let's raise the voting age so millennials can have more voting power!

Can you give me a good reason why voting shouldn't be limited to those who are a net positive of the tax system?

>Can you provide even one (1) good reason why the voting age should not be raised to at least 25?

Brexit

But even 18 year olds have something at stake in elections , it's not like laws and policy don't hurt or benefit people without life experience

>Can you provide even one (1) good reason why the voting age should not be raised to at least 25?
Because it should be at least 30, and I'm 18, almost 19 years old myself. Makes absolutely no sense why the legal age to but alcoholic products is higher than the voting age.

As opposed to normiebook and shit where they'll get their news from until they're 25 anyway. It's fucked either way and you can thank social media for giving retards such a loud voice.

There isn't any except
> muh feels

I will never understand why a person who is incapable of managing their own finances should have a say in how a country runs its finances.

To be fair, that has more to do with the peculiar, selectively puritanical laws in your country. In most civilised countries that distinction doesn't apply.

The difference between an 18 year old and a 25 year old is fucking massive.

You've got to start somewhere. If you were older than 18 you'd maybe get that.

>Has never interacted with a Millennial.

I say this as an under-25; I don't think the voting age should be below 25.

Learn to read, nigger.

No age limit but you can't be a dependent on others or government (pay more than you take) in order to vote.

I'm 24 but I guess still dumb enough not to vote by your standards. I agree that kids out of high school are fucking retarded these days but that's actually not going to change by a large majority by the time they're 25 because of social media. They all agree with each other or they unfriend each other everyone has the same opinions.

Nineteen year old here, I believe that Aristotle's view on Democracy as mob rule is half truth, though I believe voters should simply have to pass the same citizenship test immigrants do before they can vote and work in the United States. Children should stop being treated like citizens and rather as minor wards of citizens; You should have to pass this citizenship test to legally ward offspring. This would stop minority overpopulation and effectively educate the voting masses through necessity.

Everyone benefits. Even degenerates.

>Make it easier for me to make people do what I want!
You'll be happier in another country. Germany perhaps. Iran maybe.

I don't think life experience changes your position on how we should handle international relations or war. If someone is an adult, they should be able to vote. Also not everyone goes to college. You could argue that older people shouldn't vote either because they won't live with the consequences along the same lines.

I support the initiative where you make each child who comes of age fight an immigrant to the death for Citizenship.

Will you also keep drafting people under that age? Will you keep applying adult laws to them even while not giving them a say in it?

The third debate should be debate by combat. Only a strong champion should lead our country

>College age kids
What about people who don't go to college and by 25 already have almost a decade of work experience?
Lmao
You sound like a feminist

Why..

If anything vets shouldn't be allowed to vote.

No taxation (in the form of governmental service and taxation) without representation.

Same reason you don't tax religions so they can't demand representation in the form of Secretary of Judaism etc.

Because the whole fucking reason all men got the right to vote was because they went to war.

If you demand people pitch into society you must give them the privileges. Otherwise you have no authority.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION YOU BRITISH WANNABE PIECE OF SHIT.

You do know that Millennials are also older than 25, right?

most of them vote for retards like Al-Eppo Man because "muh both candidates are retarded, not like me because I served haha you got a military discount or what?"

If you have no say in who's sending you to war, why would you go to fight in it?

Constitution

The most American thing said in ITT.

Sounds good. The male brain doesn't stop developing until 25.

If the voting age is raised to 25 then the military draft age should be raised to 25 too. You can't force a kid to die in a war that he didn't even have the opportunity to vote against.

maybe for 92G in the army trying to talk out their ass. Most people I know were on the Trump Train long before the Jeb! Saga

Second taxation should be preceded by direct.

>Natural born citizen.
>Fail citizen test.
Where the fuck would they deport you. God you fagots are fucking retarded.

Just make being a taxpayer a vote requirement

Seriously, I'm fucking 23, work full-time for the last 7 years and live on my own. I'm completely financially independent from my parents (one of whom is dead).

>ITT all of the alt-right cucks are actually liberal college kids who switched to conservative because it is now the counter culture and they want to be cool.

Honestly how it should work. People who actually contribute to the economy should have the say, even it's a 17 year old with a summer job at Mcdonalds.

young people dont bother to vote anyways and would serve to just further alienate them from the process.

A plebeian and patrician system is superior, though.

Those who want the responsibility take on extra duties to warrant the privileges, those who don't want to, simply don't have to.

Many people would opt out of the draft and service the only price was being unable to vote.

Because.. if you.... are able to be conscripted to. war.... .. you should be able to... vote .... .. . .... ... ....... ... .. .... .

>College age kids have no life experience besides being wards of their parents.

In rural areas, some kids start working as early as 13, and by 18, they are working 20 hours with substantial responsibility...

NEET.

The whole reason for lowering the voting age from 21 to 18 was because of Vietnam, broski.

The saying was 'If those in power have the authority to snatch your ass up and kick you over to some shit hole nation to get your brains blown out the back of your head, then the least we can do is give you the power to vote for the bastards who would do such a thing.'

>20
>Working part time

What kind of lazy cock suckers are on this board?

I had a full time job when I was 16 and going to college (I dropped out of college when I realized it was a waste of fucking time though)

>tfw barely into my 30's, no debt, car, house, and land paid off, making over 60k a year on a piss easy job with good benefits and can retire in 10 years bringing home over 45k a year until I die because I avoided the Scholastic Jew.

So a bunch of 30+ year olds can send us off to die in some war without having to fight themselves?

Raise voting age to 30.

Sounds good to me. fuck em.

2/10

They should make selective service optional but give 5 votes to anyone who signs up for it.