Depression is lack of honour

Arguably, there's many clinical cases of depression caused by an imbalance of chemicals; however, even people naturally predisposed to depression can combat the symptoms by getting enough sunlight, doing physical activity, talking to (and confiding in) friends and family; and most importantly, being a part of your people.

Historical signs of a lack of honour included:
Suicidal thoughts (or self harm)
Loneliness
Social stigma
Fatigue

Conversely, the opposite of depression (Mania) is JUST like having lots of honour:
Grandiosity
Euphoria
Increased libido
More energetic
Social

The reason we call the lack of honour "Depression" is because it's an unrequited sense of honour. Social validation is a key aspect. We live in a progressive society; we're a polity, not a people. Since we have no sense of fellowship with our "people" (Whether it's race, religion or else), we can't get the validation we need to be "honoured". As we're a product of the polity, we mistake respect for "honour", and we think of certain people as honourable but they're not.

t. Cunt who has never suffered clinical depression

I like this direction, leaf.

Autism is a lack of beatings as a child. Lets fix that!

>mfw bred through 10000000000000 years of combat and warfare and now expected to play nice

Interesting.

I'll keep reading if you're inclined to elaborate.

I have suffered depression, though.
I've suffered it alot.

>Conversely, the opposite of depression (Mania) is JUST like having lots of honour:

I can tell mental illness does not run in your family. I've had several family members that were manic, manic depressive, (usually diagnosed as bipolar now); and they're just fucking lunatics

My therapist diagonsed me with "depression" but it completely went away once I got redpilled

really makes me think

cuck. Surprisingly natural selection didn't killed you yet.

>didn't killed

My uncle is bipolar. I have had depression. My mother had severe OCD. My sister is possibly depressed. i had a schizophrenic cousin who dug up his mother's grave to pour water on her so she'd come back to life. I have another cousin who overdosed on meds (He was very depressed). Believe me, mental illness runs in the family. I find that when I lived in the states, my symptoms got worse because I had nobody to talk to; all my friends and family were back in Canada; when I came home, a lot of my depression went. And with my job out in the sun, forced to socialize, I nearly have no depression.

Paranoia is my coping mechanism for depression. I don't even feel "depressed" anymore, I'm delving into borderline tin-foil territory and cardio and/or sunlight can't save me.

I'm not off the deep end quite yet but don't make fun of those crazies you see on message boards. There's enough time in life for you to become one.

You may be on to something here. I was depressed for years and all during that time my reputation was terrible and I wasn't being a good person.

Mania is fucking awesome, best feeling in the world, just amazing.

Didn't done killed. I read somewhere 70% of Canadians of Euro descent have suicide in their blood lines and probably the suicide gene. Being depressed is natural, like anything it can be taken too far. I think suicide is altruistic sometimes as well, if you've dine become a useless blob and can't recover it might be a valid option. Life sucks, is full of hardships all for a chance to fornicate and make little copies of yourself and that special person, then you die more or less is always the case.

Yeah, that's why I don't buy into "mental illness" anymore.

Besides shit like severe schizophrenia, it all stems from a lack of the social factor which makes humans human, be it in your current life or way early on in your formative years.

I know that if I want to go down the better path in life I have to be more social but I've been a paranoid recluse my entire life, taking after my mother and her mother.

I haven't had it for a few years for various reasons, but I have to say it's extremely underrated. I feel bad for those who haven't felt it.

My first year at the uni was shit, just like this year. You know why? Because I felt choosing electrical engineering was something too much for me.
>Inb4 turkish education
But what made me feel worthless was feeling that I made my family dissapoint with my grades and I was being a burden on them. What made me think of death was my failure. Now tell me how the fuck is this lack of honour? If I was a cunt that didn't give a fuck about those I wouldn't be in this place. In fact only reason I didn't kill myself is my respect to my familiy. I don't want to fuck up rest of their lives for my selfishness.

i'm a borderline alcoholic, but i exercise (cardio, running 5 km 3 times a week or more and lifting weights) and go to uni to not kill myself. i have friends but i shut them out. my family is pretty great too but i shut them out as well.

i'm not even bad looking or fat i'm just sad all the time. i have accepted that my life will suck and that i will marry someone i don't really love but just for convenience.

i'm not mentally ill or depressed, that's just fucking life my man.

I just went on youtube and typed in "How I got over my depression". I was really upset and about to end my life.
I noticed a common theme.
9 times out of 10, everyone said they talked to or confided in someone; the other 1/10 said they prayed (to god). Depression can exist in social people. The reason depression often manifests itself so aggressively, is because of being stigmatized or being identified in a way that isn't congruent with ones own personal identity. (which is 99% the case for transgendered people).

Getting honour is a practice which requires one to establish relationships with their fellows (people similar to themselves); blacks with blacks, gays with gays, whites with whites, etc. Once a relationship is established, one's identity must be congruent with the identity they've been given within the scope of the relationship. Without a sense of identity (especially in a diverse society), one's depression is random; there's no source of honour. Being an outcast is worse than being a peasant; because at least peasants have a sense of belonging in society.

>an imbalance of chemicals

You're a prime example, roach.

>Depressed because disappoint family
>Bad grades, being a burden.
>Suicidal thoughts because of failure
>Tell me how I lack honour
You basically detailed everything I'm saying.

>exercise
>drink (I drink too, bub)
>friends (but not really)
>Family (but not really)
>I will marry someone I don't love, just for convenience.

How do your friends and family perceive you? Do they see you any different than you see yourself?

Wow you got it all twisted mr freud. How do I have lack honor for the shame of my failures? Honorless wouldn't feel the shame to begin with. Fucking samurai committed sudoku for hundreds of years.

If you're feeling shame for your failures, that IS a lack of honour.

for example, a friend of mine is studying abroad for a semester and i just don't reply to her texts for some reason. i can't explain why. this has been going on for like a month

same with my family. i don't reply to their texts or calls and they have threatened to call the police before lmao.

i don't know what they think, probably that it's weird that i avoid them. i really like to exercise because then i'm proud of myself and that keeps the bad thoughts away.

anyways, people care about me but i don't genuinely give a shit about them. that's what concerns me the most, that i'm so egoistic and a narcissist.

cool brainfart bro

I don't even know what to think of your rant, but basically: you're shit tier human -> you have no reason to be proud of yourself -> you get depressed.

I guess you don't have much honor either if you're trash of mankind. Honor really requires you to be worth something.

Underrated post

?

>combat the symptoms
>talking to (and confiding in) friends and family

Literally the biggest depression meme.

Telling anyone you are depressed is a really bad thing to do.

Do you have any idea what is the meaning of shame? What brings shame? Do you have any clue about what the fuck you are talking about? Self-awareness brings shame, STANDARTS brings shame.

>t. extrovert (and also that literal faggot Jack Donovan)

Depression comes from realizing you are powerless, depression is apathy of the soul.

define honor.

It's more like
>We live in a society that disparages fellowship because it's "racist", "patriarchical", "Homophobic", etc.
>White man has to derive fellowship from diversity (which is contradictory)
>White man is ostracized by interracial society
>White man develops depression.
>Leading to pic related

It's only a bad thing to do if those people will use it to hurt you more. I'm so cynical that I think it makes no difference if you speak about it or not, people close to you have already noticed if you're depressed and talking to professionals probably doesen't help much. Usually there are reasons for depression and depressed people already know then, what good does it do whine or buy pity from therapist? I know it's fun but what does it solve?

>feeling like shit
>want to talk to someone about it
>don't want to make people that genuinely care about me feel bad
I should just cap myself.

Apparently my effortpost (pic related) is spam. What do you think of it?
Consider how:
>Men have a shorter life expectancy than women
>Men end up working in more dangerous jobs
>Men suffer depression at similar rates to women but are far more likely to commit suicide
I think that it's not simply whether a man is honourable or not that determines whether he becomes depressed, it's whether he has worth.
Worth and honour are closely related, of course.

So, presumably, a good medicine for depression would be a source of worth, a reason to live.
Like this fella, my depression subsided after I became 'redpilled'. Now, for me at least, becoming redpilled didn't just mean that I acquired edgy opinions. The most important change for me was that I began to see myself as part of a tribe, the English nation, and that I had a duty to do my best to serve my family, my nation and my race. I learnt that I had worth, that I had a mission to fulfil, that I had a purpose to pursue.

It is the other way around user

Seems like bullshit, I'd say honourable people are far more likely to be depressed in this fucking shit society

Depression is the saddest, but ultimate, redpill.

If one of those people told you they were depressed would you care? Just talk to someone you don't even know.

I'm pretty sure he have no clue what he is talking about or we took the bait.
See
Just like my case.

Pretty much. God help you if you tell your employer (say goodbye to your career). Now that my mother knows, she honestly can't leave me alone, bothers me all the fucking time.

You can try therapy, but I couldn't stand it. Every therapist I had was a woman, usually younger, who just didn't know jack about anything. You can't relate to someone like that. They won't help you. I was going to go to a male therapist, but at that point I just didn't give a shit anymore and though it was a waste of money.

I'm just trying to deal with depression on my own. Being more active and religious has helped me the most honestly.

>If one of those people told you they were depressed would you care?
Yes.
>Just talk to someone you don't even know.
What do you think I'm doing, user?

Honour is requited (or socially validated) grandiosity or identity, within the scope of ones relationship to society.

For example; I'm honoured that I'm a lowly peasant; and while it might not be much, it's meaningful and congruent to how others perceive me.

>Me
>An extrovert
lol...

It's lack of purpose, good medicine for nihilistic fucks.

>all the people ITT thinking depression is at all stigmatized
Tell that to all the schizos out there.

stop drinking so much.

eat healthier meals.

drink water often.

enjoy the sunshine.

If society has labelled him a "man", then the highest honour is to be the most worthy man, naturally.

I think worth is relative to society. But it's one thing to ask "How much am I worth to society". Which society are we talking about? We're part of a society that discourages white Christian straight men. We live in a system that works against us; every time we ask for fellowship or "brotherhood" among ourselves, we're shot down by the political and capitalist elite. And I hate to say that, because I've believed in Capitalism all my life; and it's still the best economic system, but it has its moral flaws.

judging by all the anime i have seen, nips do not acknowledge their mistakes under any circumstance. they just ride that shit until either side is consumed.

however, this leaves us at an impasse. is feeling shame for your failures dishonorable but feeling no shame honorable? or is it dishonorable to have failed at anything in the first place? is an individual supposed to be infallible?

Who /caught in the hell between social anxiety and depression/ here?

Can't do the things I want to improve myself because of anxiety, can't improve myself because I can't do the things I want to because of depression.

I mean care in the way of feeling bad about it. If someone told me they were depressed I would just think, damn, that sucks. But I'm powerless to help in any way.

I agree with this.

You can only help yourself.

Except it's totally an illness. Not enough iron? You're anemic. Not enough endorphins? (from the sun and exercise and socializing) boom, depression.

>I just went on youtube and typed in "How I got over my depression". I was really upset and about to end my life.
Stopped reading there

Good question, user.

I believe honour to be a form of socially validated identity. If the turk user is feeling shame for failing his family's expectations, then he's not dishonourable because of the shame, but shameful because of the dishonour. I'd hate to say this so bluntly, but he is dishonoured for failing to meet his family's expectations; they may be dishonoured for having a disobedient son. If the turk felt no shame, he'd be seen as arrogant; if his family felt no shame, society would see them as arrogant. In a culture of honour, society works by casting out those who bring shame to the people.

I personally think it's honourable to show that one is shamed, so as not to be seen as arrogant.

Get a water filter faggot. the government pipe makes you a bitch.

This was years ago.. When I was really depressed. I've been dwelling on this for a really long time. It makes sense if you put all the pieces together. Everyone who has ever gotten over their depression always says that they got over it because they talked to someone. This is a correlation.

i think a lot of us are going thru that.

not sure why.

Thanks to this post, I am considering purchasing a water filter from Infowars.com. It will protect me from all the fluoride and xenoestrogens! I suggest you all get one too. Remember, www.Infowars.com

????

maybe it would be best to kys already

I'm no expert, but I'd wager that if water treatment plant can't make a filter that protects men from estrogen maybe Alex can't either.
But maybe his devices have some high tech stuff.

Native Americans no longer have their original tribal cultures, and they have the highest suicide rates. Interesting.

Aye, here too lad

W-what? Also checkem.

>This was years ago.. When I was really depressed
Sure, sure. Down the road, not across the street.
> I've been dwelling on this for a really long time
Not long enough if all you derive from it is "hurr durr it means lack of honor". Do you even know the types of honor?
> It makes sense if you put all the pieces together.
It really doesn't. Honor isn't a universal concept. It varies from culture to culture and perhaps further beyond. How an Asian views honor differs wildly from how a white man views honor. It goes deeper than race, but you seem the type to value generalizations over more complex concepts.
> Everyone who has ever gotten over their depression always says that they got over it because they talked to someone
You don't "get over" depression. It's been confirmed numerous times by people who are actually educated in psychology (protip: you're not) that depression doesn't "go away". What you suffered from is low confidence and a rejection of the reality that you're not as important as you think you are. Congrats.
>This is a correlation.
It's a 13yo's fantasy conflicting with reality.

I have found that strength training has fought off my depression. Training with a barbell with a power-rack, also jogging.
Also, not so often discussed, yoga and stretching has helped me let go of a lot of stuff. Meditation makes you more stable within.

If you were a generation or two removed from residential schools, wouldn't you either contemplate suicide or take solace in addictions?

This is a fancy way of repackaging the "chicken or the egg" conundrum.

>Do you have depression because you suck, or do you suck because you have depression?

"Honor" is a fickle concept, so I don't think depression is influenced by it.

Chronic sadness is more of a reaction to the horrors of modern living than anything else.

>not so often discussed
heh

I have depression. Not sure about family history b/c adopted.

The only times I'm not depressed is when I'm motivated and following my passion. I would describe these times as being honorable.

Honor is something that has been take from us by (((them)))

I almost blew my brains out one night. The thing that stopped me was this:
>my father won't raise a son that can't hack it.

Pride of my family brought me back.

Holy crap, Sup Forums is actually having a civil discussion about mental illness without devolving into edgy "depression isn't real" posting.

What's gotcha so down, guys?

>horrors of modern living
I bet you've never even seen a drop of blood in your life you sheltered cunt.

Honour can be found in tribe behavior for sure.

These days you are supposed to consider your (((job))) your tribe, but fuck that, at least for corporate jobs IMHO

Im genuinely fascinated by the honor & depression hypothesis.

Good job, leaf. You bring honor to your flag.

Nice post juxtaposition you utter faggot.

Just got new job. Forced to get up at 5am. Forced to be outside on construction site. First week kinda sucks, but then...

For me, being neet and in front of computer all day really made me fucking depressed. Now only phone, going to gym tomorrow morning .

Wish me luck, faggots

P.s. check these sweet digits, depressed faggots

you didnt have actual depression, you were just being a piss baby

>there might be some huge pedo ring featuring US elites
>somehow I'm supposed to not feel depressed and think this world is a pile of shit
go fuck yourself..

Mutha fucking this, niggers. Shit works.