Okay, I need some clarification. I don't watch South Park...

Okay, I need some clarification. I don't watch South Park, but a friend recommended "member berries" and I watched some Youtube excerpts. Is "member berries" supposed to be the equivalent of "they took 'er jerbs!" so that anyone making an argument against illegal immigration (or in this case, conservatism and making America great again) gets to hear a refrain from everyone around them "member this? member that? member this? member that? haha!" like a bunch of robots...?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=074HtXwDhso
youtube.com/watch?v=wh3FCjeynuY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes. You are a memberberry and not a human bean. Thats the message.

It's bullshit.

Dont watch it. You wont laugh. south park is dogshit now.

dont you remember there was some episode that suggested that the anger behind the tea party was anger over their small penis size? There was no quote that took off, and I dont really think "member" is either, not like "they took er jerbs" did

I BELIEVE WE ARE WITNESSING THE DEMISE OF SOUTH PARK

Sup Forums hates the new season because they can't take the anti Trump jokes even tho Matt & Trey stab the left heavily too.

Id rather them just not be as political in general. The early episodes were more fun. And even as it went on, theyd do political episodes, but then theyd just do a silly episode. This season is just one long continuous political episode

Or because its not funny

>I don't think the new season was funny
>LOL CONSERVATIVES TRIGGERED BECUZ THEY MADE FUN OF YOUR CANDIDATE

The continuing plotlines force the creators to tackle single issues throughout the entire series. Their "absolutely don't rock the boat no matter what feel the power of my moderate wisdom" critique is reliant on memes.
If you complained about last season you were a "PC BRAH THAT NEEDS A SAFE SPACE" if you complain about this one you're a "TRIGGERED CONSERVATIVE". It's the ultimate form of deflection against any criticism leveled at the show or it's message. It's the same bullshit alot of comedians pull when they try to have their cake and eat it too. They want to include a political message in their jokes, okay, that's fine. But if you comment or critique the message they try to give "it's just a joke dude calm down lmao. When I said we should legalize heroin for infants it was just a joke bruh"

The daily show did this, Glenn "the priesthood" beck used to do this by referring to himself as an entertainer not a pundit, jon oliver does it, and now south park wants to do it.

It's just weird because South Park barely made fun of Hillary, it took the mainstream approach and like everybody else, opted for making fun of Trump. Well, maybe me and many people were just expecting more of South Park, it used to go against the grain of leftist comedians.

Also, the new seasons(every since 15 or 16 really)are totally unfunny for 90% of the time and rely way too much on weekly happenings.

It feels very lazy. There's no fun adventures or anything anymore. Just a bunch of political bullshit. Fucking terrible.

I think it's more like they represent the strong impulse and consequences of escapism in a society that's in such obvious decline.

Even if South Park's aired on (((TV))) I've been enjoying Season 20. I think that it's positive for kids in a different way than old South Park, kids only appreciate South Park at its surface level and if nowadays that's "we need to ridicule PC culture" then it's a good thing.

I don't believe that the berries are representative of any person or clique. They are a general warning of nostalgia and only looking back at the good parts, ignoring the greater context and period in which they existed.

And when you try to apply the same thing again you're nostalgic for in a different time (now), things do not turn out well.
You get Star Wars 7 simply repeating the New Hope, but now with a Strong Female Protagonistâ„¢.
Similarly, you get the same bad shit parts that you ignored happening all over again, ie lefty academic dipshits being positive towards Communism/Fascism/whatever. History repeating itself.

The Berries probably would have done the same thing in the plot, starting shit with Putin and mind controlling everyone into liking Force Awakens, whether Trump (Garrison) or Clinton won.

true

The current season of South Park was really really fucking bad because they 100% expected Hillary to win. Their entire running plot line was based on Hillary winning (all the gender war shit) and when Trump won they had to drop it all on a dime and desperately come up with something else. That's the risk you take when you base your show on future events that may or may not happen.

Been over since long before book of mormon, just end this shit already.

The way they are approaching the political shit also feels lazy to me, episodes like Douche and turd were funny because they felt like accurate and creative satires of our political situation. while still being entertaining to watch. Now it just feels like a bunch of hamfisted, forced and biased shit that they throw at us, it feels generic and lazy like you said.

Maybe Trey is just tired of writing this show, guy has being doing it for 20 years.

This whole season they just copied the mainstream narrative. I don't mind them making fun of Trump, but it wasn't new and original. I saw the same exact jokes on John Oliver and every political "comedian" out there.
And worse than that, each episode is a rehash of last episodes jokes and doesn't offer anything new. Every new episode feels like a rerun.

Trey Parker did say that the video games may be the future of South Park, while the show is more of a quickly churned out side thing.

>bashing one side in an irrelevant year to appear right leaning
>bash the other side in the next (election) year to appear moderate and mask the fact that you are a leftist cunt who hates America

This is elementary Kikeism.

I think back then it was pretty much just the two of them and now they've brought in a lot more people.

south park is pozzed bluepill (((comedy)))

>hahaha stupid rednecks wanting things to be like they were in the past don't you know that all social change is progress and therefore good by definition hahaha stop enjoying the past

The "member berrys" or remember berries are simple they are just a symbol for Nostalgia they are saying that the united states is vote for trump or in there case star wars because we feel Nostalgic about the way our contry was but we are remembering it better then it was when we first seen it

Yep. And they had to miss an air date and backpedal because they, like the rest of the shills on TV, thought Hillary was going to win. They ended up throwing together a hastily-contrived 22-minute pile of unfunny dogshit. The last episode I really enjoyed was the one about Yelp. For the last decade, it's been pretty meh. Now it's just "hahahaha, pride in your country is stupid, right guys? Open borders!" Do yourself a favor: Stop watching TV. They don't do anything except lie and run up your power bill.

>tfw "DEY DOOK ERR JERRRBS" destroyed conservatism in America for over a decade

Well played, lads. Well played.

Have you considered they are just a plot device to tell the same joke over and over again and have nothing to do with that?
I mean considering you watched a clip and now you have this great opinion on it.
"Member when there weren't so many mexicans?"

Most episodes are pretty boring because its too political and their jabs at both sides are just shitty. Turd and Douche was funny as fuck but there was a very very big decline in quality once the episode where Garrison gets elected, probably because they had to shit it out quickly as I'm sure they just made an episode for Hillary winning

comedy central is dying. south park is on the ropes. soon comedy central will probably be sold to some lefty fags like nbc because the (((jews))) dont want to pay to keep the lights on any more

The only funny thing in this series so far was the hasty edits to the Nov. 9 episode, so everyone inexplicably said that Bill Clinton was important because he was a gentleman

>making fun of Trump

I wonder if that will fall under Trump's criteria for seeking revenge because watching his response would be hilarious.

youtube.com/watch?v=074HtXwDhso

Does anyone else feel like the joke about member berries should of belonged to Clinton? They didn't even need to be pro trump, just point out people are only voting for her for muh nostalgia 90's Clintons. Wasted, wasted opportunities. They were so hell bent on shitting on Trump, missing there own joke for the wrong fuck

This and they also make me think of those sjw cunts with 90s kid bullshit or whatever too, so their use here is kind of off

Being nostalgic or superstitious are definitely sins but so is electricity in theory. I wonder what the mafia berry is talking about when he says the people want to member. Member what? And when the berries crashed the white house it looked like scenes from the Shining. The puking between Randy and stan's sister? The berries are demonic methinks. Guess who thinks like this and memed a frog into office. This board.

Southpark used to be so in touch with what people were thinking but now it's SJW shit. It used to be fair making fun of both sides but it didn't even talk about how evil Hillary was. I could take saying trump was a retard or whatever if they at least made a fair assessment of Hillary. This show is retarded now. I guess that makes me a member berry.

No you're just a woman

Fucking leaf talks about being a woman.

Do you realize it's inly criticism about Hillary was that she was not really "all there." Nothing about how she was involved in evil shit with her emails or anything like that.

South Park is and always has been utter fucking shit

>POO POO
>POO POO POO
>POO PEE PEE PENIS
>POO POO PEE PEE PENIS CURRENT EVENT

I interpreted as an example of why nostalgia based politics are bad, mkay

The early episodes are highly political they just went over your , they're more direct now though

>ITT a bunch of salty alt-right fags can't handle seeing Trump being made fun of.

This election is like the reactions in movies like raiders of lost ark. It has melted everybody's face. Compared to Trump people sound retarded when they say at least not hillary. This is why the Repubes couldn't go all religious this time. Look at the guy. Hopefully your losses in pop vote will be cemented and your rigging shown. But even that makes a mess. The only thing we can do is pray. Hillary has quoted Scripture. Trump is so loopy on that that it makes my skin crawl. All the attacks on hillary are 30 year old piles of nothing and ive never seen such a front for such a man but i saw through it the whole time. There is less than zero personal accountability here. And 101% Edge. Great combo. Memes do not feed a soul

The joke is rather clear cut, if you assume that they believed that Clinton would win handily. It's kind of like that. The berries are a manifestation of the urge of nostalgia; With the internet well and completely involved in the day-to-day lives of every single human on the face of the earth, they never have to deviate from what they want. What they want is the same crap they already love. And even if it isn't stuff they love, it is stuff they are familiar with.

It is an indictment of Trump's dog-whistling. Even if you believe his intentions or think he's playing a higher level game, the pieces on the board think he is going to protect them from the unfamiliar. That, in him, there is security, warmth and familiarity.

These member-berries would have, absolutely, gone down in E-History along side "DEY TURK UR JERRRBS" if Trump had lost. They, living in their ivory tower, believed that they could see the future and before it happened, make an after-the-fact judgement call on it. They did not see the future, so now they look ridiculous and stupid.

Also, dropping the British calling up Garrison, and begging him to not eat Member-Berries, because they themselves had done that and it was a disaster was some kind of assessment of Brexit.... I literally cannot believe that Matt and Trey fell so far into their own assholes that they look at Brexit as a disaster.

>Hillary has quoted Scripture.
So did Satan (Matthew 4:6)

Member berries are a contrast to the time you are currently in because the times you are currently in are such shit. It's saying that people feel hopeless or too stupid to engage, and rather just "member" the good times because they in some form feel helpless.

In the show Hillary is trying really hard to stop Denmark exposing her internet history and her husband was in an antirape duo with Bill Cosby called The Two Bills.

She didn't compare herself to Christ and say she was the sole personage who can save anything. Unlike how Dolan did both of those. I was a carpenter too. Has parents' with middles names of "Christ". Friends with possible pedos. 9/11 mattress commercial. Name scion has lots to do with isis indirectly and by way of multiple associations. Oh well

The irony here is if member berries were real clintons would be in the white house
>membah the 90s?
OH I MEMBAH!

Yes. This idea that everything can go back to what they once we're is the opposite of progress and ignores the reality of the world.

Take General Motors. In the 70s Toyota started mass producing lighter, cheaper cars that destroyed GM's business of clunky fancy models. How did GM respond? Together with the US government they tariffed Japanese cars and exploited fuel tax laws to distort the market for trucks and other light vehicles because of muh working farmers. Instead of improving efficiency and making better cars they hid behind protectionism.

They spiralled into a decline which lasts until today. Same goes for manufacturing.

>She didn't compare herself to Christ and say she was the sole personage who can save anything.
Neither did Satan in that passage.

South Park went libtard and their whole season plan was premised on Hillary winning lol

So Trump did them so he is Satan?
>using a passage to say the devil did it too so hillary can't and donald did and then some but donald is never in question and hillary is satan
K

member berries is south park's dumb 'CURRENT YEAR' argument.

The stupid argument that all change is good, and that anyone who resists change or values past principles is just backward or against actual progress.

I didn't say any of that, it's just you said "Hillary quoted scripture" and I'm saying that doesn't mean jack shit.

It's also their way of completely ignoring why people voted for trump, going with the most surface-level mainstream narrative possible.

>Anyone who supports trump just wants to go backwards

fucking. this.

tldr matt and trey and cowards without original counter culture material

theyve also been compromised since they became coal burning cuckolds

And i said about 20 other INSANE things we've never seen before that you just muh woman over. Bleh. And saying she quotes Bible twice over Donald I already said is leaps and bounds better. The donald is antichrist list is looooooooooooooooooooong. Is he not a fucking chaos frog? Well? Is he? So fuck your little tiny but muh one passage makes her Satan reference. Because she read another passage. Properly. Unlike your sharper image TV salesman. I dont have your values. I hate individualism selfishness and capitalism. Nationalism too now.

Being antitrump ousted them out as fags

Also I haven't watched in a while but why is cartman a cuck

The old cartman cut a kids parents into chili and fed it to him

How are Matt and Trey coal burning cuckolds?

they're doing what they love and making more money than you

are you jealous faggot?

youtube.com/watch?v=wh3FCjeynuY

i think this was the only funny part of the last season

would have been funny if garrison just kept winning no matter what he said, and hillary just kept pushing people by being an all around PC robot idiot.

nice trips. their main fan base was counter culture - they loved episodes that counted the number of times they said shit, they loved the crab people and alien episodes cuz it referenced reptilians and abductions, they loved family guy episodes cuz it shit on family guy which every normie loves, they loved the xmas critters episode for the fact there was a blood orgy. we loved cartman cuz he hated jews. we loved kyle because we could rip on him. now cartman is a fag and you cant rip on kyle

its just bland drivel. trump was the counter culture but they failed to realize it. fucking sell out cunts

It's worth noting that member berries are portrayed as pills. Purple pills, which is blue and red combined.

dude trey is literally dating a black stripper with a black son. matt is dating a swamp nigger - i'm talking alabama blue gum. look it up

wait trey is that you?

do more basketball and team america shit! i still love you guys!

why are they berries?

Sour grapes or something? I dunno I havent watched the shit since like 1999

Trump isn't counter-culture, he's the embodiment of what the GOP was tip-toeing around since Nixon. And he's part of the establishment.

And Cartman was showing his true colors recently, I know for sure he's going to do something heinous in the season finale. And Kyle got called a pussy by Ike, you're bullshitting.

wow you really liked that post, didn't you?

Best guess right now would be that their colour represents a mix between red and blue

if he's part of the establishment, why does the establishment hate him? not denying he isn't, just asking your take

matt?

and theyre jewish voices

I thought it took some decent jabs at Clinton, but Trump was definitely the main punching bag. It's pretty good though, to be honest, we've learned over the last year and a half that the more you insult Trump the stronger he becomes.

>if he's part of the establishment, why does the establishment hate him? not denying he isn't, just asking your take
the establishment hates him because he's using a blatant southern strategy that the GOP have been tip-toeing around for 50 years

why did you just make those 3 posts?

and Matt Stone may be a Coal Burner but Trey Parker is dating light skinned women so there

All that's happening under globalization is that by removing tariffs companies can pay Pajeet or ChingChong 3 cents per hour to do the same job they would have to pay Steve $15 for.

All these nasty fuckers are doing is capitalizing off of the third world labour and lack of basic human and employee rights in these horrific countries. Trump wants to make them pay 35% tax to bring the products back into the USA after producing them cheaply like this overseas. It amazes me how viciously opposed to this the left is with all their claims about caring for human rights.

I would have liked to see the hillary time line episode.

>they hate him because he's using a strategy

This is so fucking stupid I am forced to respect it. Well done sir.

Fucking saved. I'm glad I'm not the only one that picks up on this shit.

I absolutely hate "comedy news" for this kike bullshit. They get this plausibile deniability where they're free to spew their bullshit, and if anyone calls them out on it, they just get to say "LOL CHILL OUT ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ACTUAL NEWS ITS JUST A COMEDY SHOW!". Even though they know full well that people watch it thinking its legitimate news with a funny spin and that they're tricking minds into believing complete bullshit.

It's especially egregious with the daily show and colbert report, where they would edit the interviews to make conservatives look retarded.

Hey sp.
I always analyzed the member berries as Sup Forumspacks who have infected every facet of online culture. We appear endearing but intentionally try to slip stuff in to fuck with you. Even in member berry society they come together to celebrate, and to brutalize each other or their enemies. Much as we come here to troll ourselves and bait ourselves chaffed. Part of us knows or suspects every time we reply angrily. We come here to sharpen our teeth on each other. When no strong enemy is present, we become the enemy for ourselves to fight, and we all get better. And it's basically; 'god help' anyone who comes here honestly trying to change our mind with the brainwashing rhetoric we have already broken free from. Member berries will draw you in with Moe cute memes, bit then try to sneak in the red pilled shit so normies can Pat themselves on the back and think they came to the conclusion that the Holocaust didn't happen despite the fact that Sup Forums has been infecting the individual in question for weeks with subtle, cheeky bants like;'Good Luck Ebola Chan ' once uttered for the first time can eventually incite and panic Africans to go completely nanners.

It's pretty much the reverse of "its [the current year]"
It's making fun of the idea that those things exist in the past, rather than saying that it is the current year and you need to keep up.

this. I tuned in for their election episode and it wasn't funny. I didn't even crack a smile. Idk I thought every episode was supposed to be its own story so I couldn't follow nor did I care because the jokes were shit.

DON'T BE RETARDED

THEY'RE SERIALIZED NOW

WAIT TO CAST JUDGEMENT UNTIL END OF SEASON

Then, if they fuck up and continue going full-retard, you can say that South Park is shit now.

For fucks sake it's SOUTH PARK, you think they're going to keep cartman cucked? Cartman???

They're likely playing the long-con. And notice, even though Gerald is being an asshole, he's literally not doing anything wrong. South Park has always been a huge advocate for free speech. They're going somewhere with this.

> waah someone made fun of the right wing

I mean it is the last season...

Haven't the foggiest notion what Matt and Trey are doing. Nothing about the berries or Garrison makes sense

KYS

NICE

>6 episodes build up a massive gender war started by hillary
>She loses
>They no fucking idea of what to do next.

They held up the race war plot for now. Now it is only about troll-hunt and member berries. Im sure the 3 plot devices were supposed to fight each other during the finale, with the status quo winning in the end (it is only logical). Now the balance is broken and im quite sure whatever punchline would end the season is ruined.

Not necessarely, but possibly. By contract CC, *can* wish for more seasons of SP till 2020. Im not sure if they will though.

Yeah that's clearly what it is, I will admit that it is pretty funny at times but I hate how the left does this type of thing, they make jokes out of the truth, discussion, and real tolerance.

This season has been absolute shit. I've laughed more watching that Legends of Chamberlain Heights show which is also terrible

>anti Trump jokes
There are no "jokes". It's just fucking boring

post the real picture

you can see it that way, but really its more of a nostalgia thing, that people missed the past and also conflated it with conservatism.

They're not in tune with the Berenstain reality.
It's part of why they're not funny anymore. They've disconnected from the prevailing narrative.

The left has always been in favor of slavery, this should come as no surprise. The only difference now is that they're sneakier about it.

>implying that isn't verbatim what Sup Forums is

The left seems contradictory, but only if you take their positions at face value. If you realize that they literally just take whatever position fucks over white people the most, it all starts to make sense.

This is why they are pro-environmentalism, but refuse to cut foreign aid to africa, which is causing a huge population ballooning and more people and more industrialization means more pollution.

It's why they are against overpopulation, but only ever talk about it in terms of white people, despite the fact that white populations are stable and the population explosions are happening in Africa and India.

It's why they are against fossil fuels and in favor of clean energy, but also vehemently oppose nuclear energy, despite it being the only realistic clean alternative to fossil fuels

It's why they want to raise minimum wages while also bringing in illegal immigrants that undercut American labor by working for less than minimum wage

It's why they tell all the white americans to go to college and get degrees, while also wanting to bring in millions of H1B pooinloos to work the tech jobs and undercut the college white collar workers in America.

Nigger!