The "fake news" meme is bait to get people to admit they get their news from chans

I just realized it now. I was talking to a family member recently, and they admitted they read the NYT and Huffington Post for news. I laughed and their face and called them an idiot.

When they asked me where I go for my news, I drew a blank. Certainly I couldn't direct them here, all I could come up with is Breitbart and "foreign language sites that talk about the reality of the refugee crisis, you wouldn't bother reading them, you casual."

Then it came to me, this "fake news" story pumped by legacy media is an attempted to undermine the political insurgency incubated by chans and social media. See, memes and organic support from places like this is what won Trump the election. It doesn't matter where the images or screencaps actually came from, so long and they are convincing, and the establishment can't counter them.

Instead of countering them with facts (because they can't) instead they have decided to pump the idea of "fake news", which compels individuals on social media the disclose the source/fodder/grist behind their opinions, and therefore disclose that they are chans or twitter accounts which can be discounted as fringe/racist/illegitimate, especially to the over 40 crowd.

So Sup Forums, whens somebody asks, "where do you get your news", how do you answer?

Other urls found in this thread:

funnyjunk.com/Msm spreading fake news/funny-pictures/6101596/
earthquake.usgs.gov
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BBC, Al Jazeera, RT, Drudge Report

I'm partial to USA Today myself. they went in against Trump as all papers did this year, but overall they're really not as biased as most print sources.

yeah, RT and Al Jazeera are also good ones.

You don't need news to see current events unfolding in real time anymore.

>BBC

???

You're overthinking this. It's no different than when CNN said it's illegal to read wikileaks. They are losing viewers/readers in droves and desperate to convince the last batch of plebs to stay loyal.

Wait, you ONLY get your news from here? Holy shit. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Wikileaks, from the sources cited in articles, from articles but while evaluating thier biases

>So Sup Forums, whens somebody asks, "where do you get your news", how do you answer?
All of them
Only idiots read debatable news stories from 1 or 2 sources

>I know this info from my dreams
Top kek, no shit retard but that's not an answer

>mfw Sup Forums is the only reliable unbiased news right now

the only news actually worth paying attention to is happenings and Sup Forums excels at providing coverage of happenings

No. I look at leftist channels on reddit and get disgusted, then come here for actual discussion. But I cannot explain that somebody in their 60's. Normally I wouldn't give a fuck but they are my family and I want to give them a good explanation, rather than explaining what both of those places are.

yea BBC

to others it sounds like you are more interested in geopolitics and are more knowledgeable

Journalism ranks behind used car salesman as trustworthiness. I doubt being accused of reading "fake news" by someone who reads the NYT will have any effect whatsoever.

"I stay up to date through independent reporters like Sam Hyde and James Russell"

>Certainly I couldn't direct them here
faggot

Sup Forums is the cutting edge of news dissemination, it is a detection array and an aggregator

So it is a good thing we have teenagers lurking and posting on Sup Forums as the do now watch tv as they learn they are jewish propaganda in addition to common core. so they come here like you said.

Live Leak faggots. Dual screen
LL and Sup Forums

Don't blame me if that's the best answer you could come up with. You can tell them you prefer to go to the source of the news whenever possible instead of out of context reporting on the source, you mong.

My friend linked me to this normie website, are the normies catching on?

funnyjunk.com/Msm spreading fake news/funny-pictures/6101596/

these plus cnn, msnbc and fox

You have to read the same story from multiple sources and biases to get a clear picture.

All leave out details to push their own agenda, Doing it this way leaves up to you to form your own opinion.

I told my parents about Anthony Fantano just last week, soon enough I will introduce them to Sam Hyde. Next mall shooting should be a good time to bring him up.

I don't have "cool" parents depicted by jews in Hollywood that are divorced and I grew up too fast to the degree that I can casually tell them to visit Sup Forums. If I told them I browse this site they would be worried.

>source
>source
>source

What the fuck are you talking about? No one here is taken seriously without a link to a news site or tweet or some document. We don't come here to get the news, we come here to discuss it.

>Not saying you get all your information from Reddit or Ebaumsworld

Step it up, OP

This. And they are trying to eliminate the competition. It's sinister enough without needing to get completely paranoid.

Pro-Tip: When people ask where you get your news ALWAYS say either DRUDGE REPORT or the AP WIRE

Both are generally recognized as being reputable sources of news, but not generally regarded as mainstream sources.

You can't tell a liberal or a conservative you get news from RT (if they know what it is)

You'll be laughed out of the room.

Just say you get it from the same liberal shitshow that they watch, only you make your own opinion rather than lapping up whatever the electric jew is saying

Thanks amigo, I was simply looking for a couple recognizable but benign names to use. and now that you say it I see plenty of links to those outlets on here.

Reddit. Always reddit.

Outside of local news, there is no news, only opinion pieces.
Didn't you ever read up on the theory of controlling the media and with it international news? Way back in the 70's AP and Reuters already controlled more than 90% of what went on the international wire. Ever wonder why you get sick of hearing about Israel?

The principle was simple, along with the obvious factors like mass censorship and agenda pushing, it was found that people when confronted with problems global in scale, like really big problems, feel helpless and then are open to programming. The most obvious example today is man made global warming, this all works with thesis, antithesis, synthesis but the synthesis is figured out first by the powers that be. In the AGW example how do we usher in a global taxation system? And then work backwards. This is why all news is extremely biased and usually always revolves around a dialect, liberal - conservative, Christian - Muslim, gun control no gun control, abortion - life, even Trump - Clinton...the dialects are endless really but make no mistake about it, the synthesis to all of these was decided on first and is already known. You just force people to take sides and the rest falls into place naturally. Even aggregate sources are heavily biased because the pool they draw from is tainted already, for example Drudge.

Why the fuck is shiner bock the most popular beer in fucking Chad

This. Although for normies, the AP is best, or Reuters.

Abovetopsecret isn't bad. Folks there have broke stories before the media got to it a few times that I know of. There are conspiracy forums and also breaking news forums.

The correct answer is that you get your news from a wide variety of sources, gathering the facts from each whilst being aware of their biases.

Exactly. "I research the facts from multiple sources, you brainwashed lazy zombie"

They make one for the blacks

Social medias, word of mouth, liveleaks, etc. There is enough info floating around that you pick up the details.

BBC is just as fake though. you wouldnt be proving a point at all.

Bump. Important to know. Sup Forums is the asshole of the internet, you can't say you get your news from here.

>the 'fake news' meme the MSM is projecting will bite them on the ass eventually because it compels people to fact check other sources...so keep posting as much info on ((PIZZAGATE)) as possible.

USGS
earthquake.usgs.gov
Spaceweather
www.spaceweather.com

Yahoo Finance/Google Finance

Wikileaks

Financial Times

Telegraph

Irish Independent

Reuters

Chans

Russkie sites like zh. glp etc to see what the russkies are pushing/hiding.

The answer is to say you get your news from CNN, Fox, MSNBC, NPR, BBC, Reuters, Al Jazeera, RT, Breitbart, Huffington Post, Slate, The Guardian, The Washington Post, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, the Chans, among others and you treat every source with extreme skepticism, see what they all report on and formulate your own opinion after realizing each source has its own agenda and tries to manipulate your understanding, feelings, and thoughts about each story and event. Also being aware of the stories that each source focuses on, what kind of stories they saturate their websites with, and which stories they don't even report on. And how they frame events and what their overarching narrative seems to be. That should shut up most liberals who get their entire political and social thought processes from the Huffington post and CNN

Anyone read Bloomberg a lot here? After bouncing through a lot of news sites it's my go to right now...

And don't say Breitbart or Drudge, that's just as bad as HuffPo or MSNBC. Constantly being force-fed someone else's biased opinion

the thing is, we're in an age now where we can get a whole variety of sources.

We're in an era where the population gets informed by amalgamated-meta-news. The MSM is scared because they can't monopolize it like they used to. Any cuck with an internet connection can challenge their narrative now.

We're looking at news in a much more meta-way then we used to. Great for us, bad for Jews.

almost this but for a different reason,we are dealing with a cornered wounded main stream media...who the fuck knows what they are going to do?

I just say I read papers from all across the world, because I do. Because articles from them get posted here and I end up reading the articles from the day in them. Despite the fact it's a local paper in Germany it's still interesting.

you sound like a fucking retard lol.

>laughed at them for reading new york times, >say you get news from breitbart

Most people here would take NYT over Breitbart for a source on this site.

>Reuters
>WSJ
>NYT
>AP

Avoid anything that starts with Opinion, we get enough of that bullshit by posting on chans and shit.

who cares we actually do it for free,they will never understand.