Why do atheists insist that there's never been a violent atheist? don't they know of Stalin? Mao? Pol Pot?

why do atheists insist that there's never been a violent atheist? don't they know of Stalin? Mao? Pol Pot?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5xY6kyguEDY
youtube.com/watch?v=NnZbqJSDo4w
youtube.com/watch?v=avep_1vbUOA
youtube.com/watch?v=SISq_y_WhKg
youtube.com/watch?v=GGpYZtst7vg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Militant_Atheists
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

only like 30 abortion clinics have ever been attacked

Timothy McVeigh was agnostic.

Which is just the less narcissistic version of atheism to be honest.

>implying communism is not a religion
Leaf education™

>christianist

anyone who shoots up a child sacrifice clinic is a God in my eyes.

Fuck atheists. They're pussies with no conviction and are obsessed with fairy tale imagery.

Timothy McVeigh was red pulled as fuck.

Prove me wrong.

Atheists don't claim to kill in the name of atheism. The dictators you mentioned committed horrendous acts in the name of communism, not atheism. The fact that Timothy McVeigh was agnostic is irrelevant to his intentions.

>Islamist
>Christianist
Hmm

No one's going to prove you wrong. Just look at Waco Texas

Why doesn't it just say,
>militant Muslim
>militant Christian
>militant athiest

Oh.. right.. cause it would be incredible Islamophobic

>Systematically targeting the religious isn't done in the name of atheism

Then again, terms like "Islamist" refer to those who push their religion as political agenda, rather than just simply being practitioners of said religions.

Hmmmm I wonder why they all specifically targeted religious people then hmmmmmm couldn't be because they wanted to create an atheist state. Nahhh.

Because the atheists dont use their "religion" as an excuse for their actions.
And interestingly, the way communism was practiced in those countries was pretty similar to a state religion, which explains why they all were opposed to traditional theistic religions.
But then, all those guys you mentioned would be "militant communists", again invalidating your point.

Well No. Communists thought that religion was a tool to control the proletariat. I don't deny that atheism is part of Marxist dialectic, but not all atheists are Marxists (I'm a libertarian).
see above

That's what I've been fucking saying.

communism is militant atheism

Atheism just happens to be part of communism. Communists didn't purge the religious because they wanted to kill God, but rather to free the masses from oppression.

>atheists aren't dangerous!

youtube.com/watch?v=5xY6kyguEDY

youtube.com/watch?v=NnZbqJSDo4w

youtube.com/watch?v=avep_1vbUOA

youtube.com/watch?v=SISq_y_WhKg

youtube.com/watch?v=GGpYZtst7vg

>free the masses of oppression
>communism
they wanted the people to worship the state, religion got in the way of that.

Yes, you were. I have this habit of not reading the entire thread before swallowing the bait.

>implying the militant atheists aren't the ones killing cops in random hits across the states

/thread

of all the mindnumbingly retarded arguments religious people use, this is probably the worst

Looking past this false dichotomy (or really a circle jerk at this point) of religious vs atheist, I think we can all agree that deferring rationale and reason to higher powers of authority is the true cause of misery in our world.

>Conjured demon
Are you sure that last guy isn't actually just crazy?

I've never heard an atheist insist that.

>Well No. Communists thought that religion was a tool to control the proletariat.
In other words, they're killing so that we will live in a world without religion. They're killing so the world can be atheist. Yeah, that shit is called "in the name of atheism".
>but not all atheists are Marxists
Nobody said that, and even if they did, it's irrelevant. We're not talking about what everyone in a group does (not every Islamic person is part of ISIS). We're talking about what individuals do and why they do it.

Islam is not just a religion, though. It's a political ideology and a system of government. Although not every person who calls themselves Muslim wants to implement sharia law or wage jihad, according to the holy texts of Islam doing so is part of following Allah and Mohammed.

You're specifically referring to the ideologies of Stalin and Mao. I was referring to Classical and Luxembourgish Marxism. You're right that the USSR and China wanted the masses to worship the state.
>>

>In other words, they're killing so that we will live in a world without religion. They're killing so the world can be atheist

no, they are killing so the world can be communist

the promise of a world without atheism is not a sufficient condition for them to kill, it must specifically be a communist world which is also atheist

in exactly the same way a muslim extremist doesn't kill in order to produce a religious world, he kills in order to produce a specifically muslim world. your argument can equally work as follows

>muslim extremists kill people because of religion
>therefore ALL religious people are tarred by the action of the muslim

your thinking is incredibly sloppy and vague, i suggest working on that

It's not that there's never been a violent atheist, it's that violence has never been perpetrated on a mass-scale in the name of atheism.

It's still a bullshit argument but at least get the argument right.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Militant_Atheists

>islam is not a religion
>what is mystical islam

>under the influence of the ideological and cultural views and policies of the Soviet Communist Party
>guided by Bolshevik principles

wow, its fucking nothing and already covered by his original post

The title Islamist refers to those who pursue to impose Islam was a political ideology.

I was about to respond to this guy, but you already did it for me.

>"We're going to judge you based on the actions of others."
>Ten seconds later.
>"We're totally not like those douche bags!"

You're correct. There are people who do commit acts of violence for the ideology of anti-theism.

I think there's a miscommunication between atheists and religious people however ITT. Anti-theism (the complete opposition to organized religion) and atheism (the deceleration of no belief in a higher power) are two separate things.

I don't blame you for getting the two mixed up. Pop-atheists, or neo-atheists, make it seem like atheism is an identity with a definable ideological dogma that dictates a staunch stance against religion. Which is hilariously wrong and ironic.

anarchists are usually proud atheists and kill on the basis that religion is stupid and keeping them down, since its by definition an organization. they're the first to burn a church down

>The amount of retarded people here

"Those fucking atheists"
"Violent apes!"

Everybody here talks with a tone like that. Fucking lmfao.
Atheists are the only people smart enough to realise that there is no mystical magical higher up power somewhere in the fucking sky.

Pretty much this.

>talk how retarded people are ITT for their tone
>respond with a condescending tone just as bad as the other posts

This is how I know you're shitposting m8.

every single atheist i have ever met or spoken to is an insufferable cunt

>no, they are killing so the world can be communist
A communist world is an atheist world, as you agree. It's still killing so we're in an atheist world. You can SAY that it's mainly for communism; I don't think anybody is arguing against that. But the thing is that people can do things for more than one reason. It's still for atheism.

>your argument can equally work as follows

>>muslim extremists kill people because of religion
>>therefore ALL religious people are tarred by the action of the muslim
how the fuck did you get to that conclusion from my arguments. i argued literally the exact opposite.

>Anti-theism (the complete opposition to organized religion) and atheism (the deceleration of no belief in a higher power) are two separate things.
They're not completely separate. Anti-theists are still atheists. If an anti-theistic person kills because they hate theism, they're not doing it so the world can be anti-theistic. They do it so the world can lack theism. So the world is atheistic. I've noticed that a lot of internet atheists really like to toss this argument around, probably because they don't want to admit that anti-theists that kill for atheism are killing for atheism.

In other words: Nobody gives a shit. They're still atheists.

The militant atheist would be attacking Christianity while ignoring current year atrocities from islam

Ya got me.

Communists are Jews not Atheists.

A mass murderer doesn't kill in the name of atheism, but because they have no morals. Because they are athiest

That's any atheist ever. Militant atheists would were anti religious shit, or hold up a really hurtful sign.

Neither Stalin, Mao or Pol Pot were driven by atheist motives. Whether they were christians or not would've not influenced their acts.

Get fucked (((christ)))cuck

You contradicted yourself on a different post by admitting that communism has influence from some atheist ideologies.

Yes, you cannot do things in the name of atheism, but you can do things that fit your personal view. Were you not aware of the league of militant atheists during the USSR, who murdered people simply because they were religious.

Of course you'll try to shift the blame to communism, but that system itself is based on a mixture of ideologies including atheism.

I guess the Crusades weren't done by actual Christians, it was simply the form of government that infuenced those individuals' actions, silly me.

>I'm a circle, and I hate squares.
>My political ideology is not compatible with many squares.
>Thus I will kill all squares for my political ideology.
>But also I really fucking hate squares and want everyone to be a circle so that they fit with my political ideology.

Just because somebody is killing for communism doesn't mean they're not killing for atheism as well. In fact you could argue that the latter is the cause for the former; killing for communism is killing for atheism. They don't say it, but "saying" it has absolutely no relevance compared to actual motivations.

These two things are not mutually exclusive. Kinda like science and religion.

Pretty much this. Alot of mass murderers are atheists.

I hate Islam around the clock and I'm more lenient than ever when it comes to Christians.

t. Atheist.

You're a minority

Your religious beliefs/ lack thereof make up part of who you are, and they can influence your actions. Some people vote against anything dealing with religion or anything that goes against religion, while others do the opposite and vote against anything that is anti-religious.

Your political, religious, and philosophical views make up a huge portion of who you are.

Congrats bro, I'll remember you when any other atheist ever attacks me for being a Christian rather than a Muslim for doing shitty things.

I agree with this, a person's motives can be derived from a variety of things, and many of the killings within communist/ atheist-states had partial influence from a variety of ideologies, just like any other similar event (including religious wars).

I'm same as him.
Its very normal and nationalists are very often more culturally Christian than religiously so.
What you are thinking of is that ACTIVELY VOCAL atheists who are actively vocal about their atheism, who are tolerant of Christianity and not of Islam, are pretty rare. Try to keep track of everyone who doesn't bring up their religion.

Why are you doing shitty things and why is it in the name of Christianity?

Non-vocal people are not the ones trying to change western culture

hardcore moderate centrist.

Christians don't do shitty because there religion said so. Muslims are never attacked when they blow shit up because muh safe space

Atheism is an intellectually dishonest position and usually used by people who are trying to avoid the fact that they will eventually be accountable for their actions. That is why they will always deny atheism has blood on its hands as well because they will continually redefine it.

They will literally behave like a feminist.

>why do atheists insist that there's never been a violent atheist? don't they know of Stalin? Mao? Pol Pot?

How about that freak who shot that female senator a few years back?

Doesn't China have something similar to the USSR militant Atheist?

And that's the reason why right-wing atheists like myself had to swallow our pride and get behind Trump and the religious right. I had to ally with Christians and throw secularism under the bus because they're currently too obsessed with PC culture.

>Christians don't do shitty because there religion said so

The other user JUST said he feels like there's a prejudice when it comes to doing shitty things. He feels like Muslims get away with it when he doesn't. My question was why is he being problematic in the first place?

not an argument
neither stalin nor pol pot killed in the name of atheism

That's also why they try to be festive and hold positive "humanist" celebrations while they try to avoid being called nihilists.

My country had a militant atheist goverment in the 30s that killed priests en masse yet was not a communist goverment.
A shame the ignorant sheeple rebelled against him until he was forced to call the blood hunt off, huh?

>Mexico
>militant atheist government
Fucking how? I don't doubt that you know your own history, but fucking how does something like that happen with a Hispanic population?

I said Islam is not JUST a religion.

Mohammed made it pretty clear that Islam is a political ideology.

Militant atheist goes around firebombing "far right" political party offices.

>fairy tale imagery

Militant atheists sacrifice first born babies to Lucifer on an industrial scale.

The argument for ritual child sacrifice used to be that it brings prosperity to the society and to the family of the girl.

The argument for ritual sacrifice today is that it brings prosperity to the society and to the family of the girl.

>killing anything for atheism
It can cause pretty shitty world view and sense of self

here some militant atheist.

>What is Colombine.

plus that chink who shoot up that college back in like 2010 and supream gentleman a few years ago.

BEHEAD THOSE WHO BELIEVE
EXTERMINATE THOSE WHO DISOBEY THE TENETS OF ATHEISM
THEN TAKE THEIR WIFES AND CHILDREN AS SLAVES

Yeah you're a fucking retard.