What's pol's opinion on clinical depression?

Depression is set to be the 2nd leading cause of disability in the entire world.

>be me, depressed since childhood

>didn't want to believe in depression as an illness

>good at sports, do well in school when I apply myself, good looking kid

>people start looking up to me for my athletic abilities, 10/10's like me

>fall further and further into depression

>don't know what's real anymore, don't know what people want from me

>stop answering my phone, lose all my friends and family

>can't cope with pain and suffering, suicidal for three years

>don't tell anyone because I'm not a faggot, too much faggot pride

>start taking anti-depressants 7 years after the onset, they work, too late, damage already done

>hate myself for almost shooting myself

>carry burden by myself still

>no one knows me

>I'm a loser and I can't even defend myself as to why

WTF pol? Why did I deserve to suffer as much as I did? I want to get better still, but it's like I'm climbing a mountain and there's no solid ground.

Sorry for blackpilling, I know this isn't the place for it. Feel free to call me a faggot or whatever. God bless you guys. Just needed to vent.

I didn't read your faggot shit but depression is just another kike trick to sell pills.

It sucks and it really never gets better. If you're lucky, you might find something that distracts you from the tedium of daily life.

On suicide: You'll either do it, or not. I personally don't believe there are consequences for doing so, but to each their own. Either way, it's a pointless decision. Staying alive out of spite can be motivational to some.

long story short, life sucks, but it is what it is. try and make a game out of life.

Also, take an MBTI personality test and read on your type. I'm an INTP thus am also a very complicated individual.

>Reads post

>Leaf

>Unreads post

maybe you should kill yourself OP.
don't get angry

>tfw only reason i haven't killed myself yet is because parents are still alive

>believing in MBTI
>actually thinking it means anything

It seems you need the lord in your life

Remember, most suicides fail.

If you try to kill yourself, chances are you'll survive and make your situation much worse.

Are you me?

I feel you, user. I don't think it's going to get any better, but there's only one way to find out.

Nah I appreciate the sentiment but I've been down a long road and know that suicide isn't the answer. There was a time when it was inevitable but eventually you either decide to do it or you don't.

In the end this world is all kinds of fucked up and my family needs me.

>depression

Curable. Stop taking the SSRIs they have you on. Here's what you do:

>get tested for food allergies

Do this first because it takes some time. You may have a lifelong sensitivity to something like casein in dairy or even gluten. These can cause inflammation in the brain, leading to a diagnosis of ADD or depression later in life.

>go on an elimination diet. Be certain to eliminate ALL processed foods, alcohol, caffeine, etc.

>workout daily and get 10-15 mins of sunshine daily

>take the following supplements

1) Spirulina, powdered, mixed with water
2) L-Tyrosine
3) L-Theanine
4) Fish Oil
5) Turmeric or Curcumin
6) Coconut oil
7) Vitamin C
8) Gingko Bilboa
9) Valerian Root
10) A good B-complex vitamin
11) Vitamin D

>meditate daily, 15-30 mins, with or without yoga

Take the green pill, friend.

I'm a strange man. Bad things will happen in my life and it won't hit me until years later, like a dreadful epiphany, and the realization is crushing.

>be fat in highschool
>lose weight be attractive as FUK 18-22
>fuck a lot of girls, 100+ 8+ using online dating sites, friends friends etc.., tinder
>go back to school, get swamped, get depressed
> gain weight drinking because depressed
> get job, keep drinking, 50+ lbs gained

yeah I know that feel what the fuck, girls I'd never even consider fucking look at me in disgust anymore.... super badfeelman

>Expecting a depressed individual who can't motivate out of bed to do any of this.

user, this is the trap of depression, the depression is comforting and normal, going outside of it feels wrong and tiresome, this is why SSRI's are popular, quick, easy.

I think you've gotta hold out hope, not matter the circumstance. I've been hopeless before, and when you can no longer feel hope, nothing detrimental is off the table. Hang tough.

lay thy burdens down. Scream thy last scream

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

I know, not going to be an idiot who tries to overdose or cut some veins. If I'm going through it's going to be in front of a train or from a high enough building. Would be easier if guns were accessible over here, but alas.

i've had depression-like symptoms ever since i was very young, around 12, and everyone blamed it on my father dying of cancer, then on my mother getting cancer too, and i mean those are bad things but i doubt i'm the only one with a decimated family and that doesn't cause depression. everybody blames my bad mood on "all you went through" and i honestly believe that's retarded, if i have a shit behaviour and shit mood that's cause i am a complicated piece of shit. now that i'm a grown up i've learnt to live with this bullshit and i've always refused meds, when i took some i felt like utter crap and actually worse than usual. i feel like at this point i've made it into a matter of honour to keep going and spite whatever my brain wants me to feel\believe. it's not real, and i like to think i have bigger balls than that.
that's how i keep going. i have a friend that always fucking does nothing to better himself and then blames the meds for not working and life for being shit. i'd strangle that fucker.

Funny enough, I was raised Catholic but became an atheist over time.

Now I'm not even sure what to believe, and I don't know how that works, but I respect Christianity, it's values, and it's influence on Western society and I will defend it to the death.

damn dude. some ideas:

1. look up your family. call them. they'll forgive you.

2. choose a struggle. people go crazy when conditions are good. "The Matrix" was right...people reject the programming of a perfect Zion...people need a slightly shitty Zion. so find some shit to wade through.

3. move up in society enough, live near family (ideally in a red state), marry a virgin or near it, and have a bunch of kids.

also sage the slide thread if it's that.

Get on a healthy diet, quit taking SSRIs, boost your testosterone, meditate 20 mins a day, use positive self-talk, read Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, start believing in a higher power, say fuck it, and start having a life full of fun and ambition instead of being a loser.

I appreciate the advice, but I respectfully disagree with your philosophy on treatment. Of course, it would be better if you could treat any illness without medication, but for many this just isn't possible.

I've been down this road, friend. SSRI's, while generally ineffective for mild-moderate depression, are extremely effective for severe depression. I've gone through enough back and forth to know that I need them to function, and that unfortunately I may need them until I die, or until something better comes along. That's life. But don't get me wrong, I generally agree with your assumption that the best treatments are often natural. And everything you've listed should be done regardless of pharmaceuticals.

It means nothing. It's simply insight into the reasons your particular brain functions the way it does. It's not new age magic, it's a reasonable attempt at figuring out your personality.

It does "work" in that regard. It will legitimately lead you to things you naturally excel at.

How long were you on SSRI therapy? It takes around 30+ days to fully adjust, and the initial side effects are brutal. Just to put it out there I strongly regret not taking them sooner. I didn't believe in that shit either. I guess I was kind of ashamed to take them. They can be a strong tool, user. I hope you read this and reconsider.

Join the Military, OP. Sounds like you're athletic enough for it. Serve your country, give life some purpose, help other people out. Plenty of friends to make in armed forces.

I planned to but pussied out. Not physically strong enough for it anyway.