What killed art?

What killed art?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_d5X2t_s9g8
youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Salvador Dhali.

Sup Forums

Nothing killed art. True art still exists and will always exist in the minds of a select few that can appreciate it

Money and the masses

Political ideology.

Once it completely overcame the art scene (starting in the 1910s, but it really changed during the cold war) we suddenly got """artists""" repeating the experimental art of the Dadaists and the Expressionists over and over again, without any innovation, to please rich people's ideological egotism.

Art is not dead but requires a way above average intelligence to understand, feel and appreciate. What the masses understand as art is just thoughtless reproductions of silly things.

yes.

Jews

go back to zizekmemes.com or hang yourself.

Yea this guy is onto something. Art became within reach of the ordinary pleb. Earlier art was a luxury and few nondegenerates made art great. Later nondegenerate art got mixed with degenerate, which was bound to happen with so many people entering the market. Make Art Great Again.

you can be homeless and a great poet.
you can't own a restaurant and be a poet.

your post is null.

What are you talking about. Are you impying art is dead goy?

Ayyy lmao

I am talking about demand and supply. Now there is a demand for garbage art. Earlier not as much.

Jews

Photography

This, it's antisemitic to think that art is dead

Picasso, Dali and Warhol

CIA needed to promote muh individualism to combat communist ideology. They put a great deal of money in bullshit you now know as "conceptual art".
Then the jews came and started exploiting this crap as money laundering, bringing even more money into this hoax.
Shitters who can't draw or sculpt a thing in their miserable lives now don't even need to learn art, if they are lucky shlomo shekelberg the art critic will find them and advertise their trash pile as "wonderful and daring liberal concept piece".

But real art is still here. Tradition is still out there, and even soviets couldn't crush ours. History will attend to itself.

artists drink wine and laugh at people like you
you think splashes of paint on a canvas is art
you think splashes of painnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

supply, demand..
art, business.. pick one

Jewry. Cultural Marxism affects all part of culture, and art is a part of culture. The more romantic styles of old are too "suppressive".

I pick both, you fucking Slav.

Art is human feelings put onto something that might not be useful. Art will never die you dumbass.

"Ignorance" Kill

you welcome..

Because drawing actually takes skill and experience.
Liberals using Slippery slope muh personal expression for easy money without having any artistic skills.

subsidies.

Art is not "external" Art is "internal" like love .. just saying .. YOU killed art.

bulgaria.. hates slavs..
pick one

i'm from new zealand btw

idiot, raise your IQ above 10 then start learning alphabet

lol, go back to that techno party your friends are waiting for you at

Can't a nigger hate niggers?

lol @ art = drawing, lol @ art = skills
hang yourself already

Jackson Pollock and Thomas Kinkade.

dont you have some beer pong to attend to?

Believe it or not, I actually wasted my time minoring in Art History.

the spiritual need for it.

so one could argue, and I do, that Art stopped being relevant after the time of the great ones.
i.e. Rembrandt , van Gogh, Beethoven, bach, etc.

they lifted mankind out of the dark ages and made our souls realise we can also have nice things. placing mankind on a brighter path.

after that it became copypasta
after that it became protests
after that it became political
and now we are in the realms of global faggotry.

if only you could see how pathetic and small your worldview is to someone who is actually grown up and understands things - you would cower in the corner and cry

>you're a cuck

ok, nice argument user. keep it up.

did I hurt your feelings when I said nobody wants crap? because that is what this means. if you think art isn't crap, then it's obviously able to survive without subsidising it.

art, money.. pick one
im tired of repeating myself.
if its sold its a product, not art.

I will explain myself in advance because Sup Forums autism:
if it's created to be sold, it's a product not art.

>im tired of repeating myself.

Then shut the fuck up.

go retrace the portrait of that fatty fb crush of yours in photoshop

jews

The (((CIA)))

pic related was commissioned as part of a renovation plan of some stupid church. pic related was a product. obviously not art. you are not a smug dickhead. art is not a meme for arrogant people who think waaaay too good of themselves.

do you even read before you answer?
art is not dead.. just that the overall output is so huge in 2016 that real things are harder to come upon

Aesthetic relativism, Marxist infiltration of art schools, money laundering opportunities. There are still good artists out there though.

commission, product.. pick one

The vast acceptance of mediocrity.

zizekmemes are second row to the left

more like vast ignorance
it is either art or not, there is no art better than other or worse that other.. it doesn't work like that

Depicting things that aren't aesthetically pleasing as though they are and trying to use it to shift moral compasses.

That is literally all it took.

hehhehe

you have an understanding of art of a 3 year old opossum

Its all about art

Post modernism
And deconstruction.

The CIA

Jews and the CIA

How come? I think Dhali's works look quite skilled in contrast to for example late Picasso works.

You are part of the problem. Show me what you consider 'good' art.

youtube.com/watch?v=_d5X2t_s9g8

Andy Warhol and the cult of personality
It also doesn't help that today's art is used as a loophole for money laundering, no wonder you have people paying millions for works of "art"

Art has always been something to commission. Once art became a common skill and the most basic of human could afford to commission, art went downhill. There's still good art though, but proportionally it will never be similar to a time when art was a more uncommon skill and rich nobles were the ones doing commissions. See also: music.

That image reminds me of a guy near where I live. He sold oranges from his orange grove on the side of the road, and had a palm tree farm and a livestock farm.

I was too young to understand the economics of it, but he would sell emus and donkeys for hundreds of thousands of dollars but would put house deeds on the animals so the buyer would also get a house out of it. It was some sort of way to avoid taxes or some shit, or laundering massive amounts of money at the same time.

There numerous moments at the heart of contemporary art. Some are being pushed to the forfront "degenerate & feminist art. (I.e. Universities")
There is also a large amount conservative nature art that is popular. I find art today to be too fantastical, ill informed, and lack of "archaic" nature.
I just graduated art school and most people who continue to produce art after school is unpolished, or clings to a popular movement like feminism.

My art focus has been in the cultural shifts of the now, but more informed by conspiracy, gang stalking, satanic reality of the world, and humanism.

and what do you suppose the result of a commission is called you autist?

Oh, and this is a funny read.

Isn't it obvious?

Its still alive and well, you are just an uncultured fuck

What kind of question is this. You should know this very well germany,

Jews.

Guys we just had this yesterday

youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc

In fact art was mainly a skill first. Nobody gave two shits about what the artist felt when he created something. I'm not an expert but I think
romanticism mostly invented the idea of bringing human feelings into the whole thing. It wasn't even a bad thing, but I guess people went crazy somewhere along the line and started with impressionism / expressionism and finally "modern" art.

Absolutly not.

The joos.

>''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''art''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

The jews.

Cultures have been extremely expressive through cultural means. Objects and symbols WERE the entertainment and identity. Art is so terrible because our identity was stolen

Nothing? People still make it.

I'm usually all for elitism in all its myriad forms, and actually like a fair bit of modern art, but I don't actually agree with the generally anti-populist sentiment in here.
"Classical" art (I use this term loosely) could typically inspire and uplift the common person - it's bad when ((tastemakers)) are required to "interpret" pieces and dictate market prices and ultimately popular opinion.
((Avant-garde)) movements are more harmful to art than kitschy pleb shit.

What blows my mind is none of the artists who sell their limited, shitty 'well you just don't understand' bullshit could ever create something like pic related

A splattering of colors is somehow worth millions while fucking WH40k is just a game. Fuck I don't even play 40k

>funny read

It's 100% true. Drawing is the root of all visual arts and current students don't want to draw.

In my digital arts program, students immediately go to the computer for everything and struggle if they don't have access to Illustrator or Photoshop. They never sketch, doodle or life draw and their work suffers for it. My current mentee simply won't draw on paper and instead thrashes around trying to have a style but it's this incredibly flat crap done half-heartedly in Illustrator... because he doesn't know how to actually draw.

Drawing is visual thinking. Not knowing how to draw means all your visual work suffers.

I beg to differ, modern faggot culture really evolved off the feminist contrarian movement combine that with drug use and abstract scheisse killed art.
Classical faggots did decently however, something about the flamboyant nature of modern sodomites did it in, it's all about breaking societal roles and morals, shock culture so to speak, whilest classical faggots actually enjoyed physique.

Not really kikes fault faggots and feminists became so intolerable and had to push the boundaries so past the point of normality that slinging shit on paper and slapping bloody pussy prints on a blank canvas is artistic.

Forcing "MUH SYMBOLISM".

It is the cancer that is in art today and that's why I hate being called a artist because of the drooling retards that pretend shit like "a vagina that is hairy symbolizes middle eastern struggle". No it is a fucking vagina. Fuck off with this bullshit. Two gay men having sex dosent symbolize war and love its two guys having sex

I get so pissed off about this shit.

Warhammer artists...do it for free.

A lot of them, at least

This

IT'S ALL JUST SO FUCKING IMPRESSIVE

THE FUCKING QUALITY OF IT ALL

IT BLOWS MY MIND THAT THEYD NEVER BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY

Post modernism