The EC Fix

The Electoral College is broken. Here is why:

In Wyoming, one electorate is worth 196,000 votes

In Texas, one electorate is over 709,000

The problem is easy to see: rural states are over represented. How is it fair that a North Dakota vote is worth 4X a Californian vote?

The fix is simple: increase the number of Representatives in the House. This would mean that each citizen is represented equally.

Anybody disagree with me? Let's discuss this.

That's the point, you inbred mongoloid. The idea is to counter the massive House power blocs formed by the populous states.

No it's that way on purpose to help balance out high population vs low population power disadvantage

Whyomif is supposed to have more weight in the presidential election

We have the legislature for popular election

But is this solving the problem or just reversing it?

Can't tell if shit b8 or actually retarded

>1 post by this GOY-D

Possibly bait.
That or they don't understand the ag areas need said 'over-representation' just so their needs are considered, and so the more urban areas are guaranteed food.

>we have legislature for popular election
Dumb. First, the House is still skewed toward smaller states.

Secondly, the Senate is more powerful AND is more heavily skewed toward the opinions of the rural.

Lastly, the President gets to appoint the Supreme Court justices. This means rural people have more control over all 3 branches of government than urban and suburban people. Why should this occur?

Except the House is unevenly skewed to favor rural people.

Do you want to try again?

Rural people are more important because without their efforts the cities would grind to a halt. Also by having more land they are more invested in the country than a cosmopolitan urbanite.

You mean the states that are literally drowning in Farm subsidies? Why does a Wyoming hick have a more valuable opinion than Donald Trump himself?

Without the cities the farmers wouldn't have their delicious subsidies.

Without cities humans would have never evolved past simple agrarian societies. We would be just like africa.

>house based on population

>rural areas have an advantage

No, whyoming has two reps for the whole state the loss angeles area has 20 representatives just for its metropolitan interests

Also you have state legislatures which is all popular so is the governor

Senators are two per state popular vote, most senators can win based on the cities oppinion not the rural areas

The Supreme Court is always a nomination by who's in power, not an issue

The only place the small states have a true advantage is in constitutional amendments, veto overrides and the president

>wyoming is insanely overrepresenteted
>mah 3 electors

don't be a dumbass, froggy
a worker ant's physical strength is proportionally greater than that of a mammoth. you can still effortlessly crush scores of them

does not change the fact that we are fifty STATES, not provinces

If you want to split up your electoral votes more evenly go ahead. nebraska and maine have already done so

Crazy how we did even better than bush.

>Except the House is unevenly skewed to favor rural people.

No, that's the Senate, samefag. You should learn how these things work.

Also, why do I not want rural areas over-represented? The alternative is letting the decisions be made by California, and I'd prefer government be influenced by people in contact with reality.

>tfw we lost VA, CO, NV and NM though
Why did Bush manage to get re elected so easily? He BTFO'd kerry, he could have won Wisconsin and NH too in 04.

And lost the popular vote by a larger margin.

Common Core education, everyone.

You're an idiot if you think House representation is equal state by state. You should really learn how things work.

That's not the point. The point is ALL rural states are over represented, dumbass.

>The only place the small states have a true advantage is in constitutional amendments, veto overrides and the president

You mean rural states ONLY have advantages in some of our most important checks and balances? What a relief! I was worried for a minute.

>How is it fair that a North Dakota vote is worth 4X a Californian vote?

You right that's not very fair.
One North Dakotan is worth at least 10 Commiefornia parasites.

>Rural states are overrepresented!
>California and New York gave her the popular vote, she should have won!

Pick one.

He won it by 3 million in 04 though.

>each citizen is represented equally

The House is representative of total population, not citizen population. If 10 million illegals move to Wyoming, they get 13 MORE electoral votes next census, and would have the SAME number of eligible voters.

If we can just get enough states to make 270 electoral votes agree to support the overall popular vote winner with their electors....all this dumb shit goes away. No amendment needed. Aint gonna happen with state legislatures and governors mostly red these days. But maybe in the inevitable backlash in the next few years...

Not really. Nebraska and Maine don't award electoral votes proportionally, they award them by congressional district, which basically the same as just splitting them into more states.

How is it fair that illegal immigrants count for representation?

If an elector is worth 700,000, then California has 4 votes from illegals alone.

This entire thread is nothing but feelz over realz. You guys may as well say "rubes should have votes that are more valuable than people who actually live in civilization because they're more likely to agree with me."

>America gave her the popular vote, she should have won!

FTFY

It's one of your damn checks and balances you cock gobbling retard. If it were all decided by the popular vote then there may arise a situation in which states that together hold a bare but constant majority become entrenched in power. When that happens then only those states would have any say in politics and could literally lord over the remaining states and subject them to gross acts of tyranny.

And inb4 people could just move states:
The populous states could simply create laws to keep the slaves where they are.

Think the Hunger Games district system but the Capitol has power by a majority of voting population. This is the exact thing the EC was set up to prevent.

>moving goalposts

Did I say shit about 04 you nigger?

Yeah what a fucking horror. America should definitely be governed by tyranny of the majority

Well you are under the impression that this is the United Peoples of America when in fact it is the United STATES of America.Sorry commie. You still probably don't even understand what I mean by the first sentence.

Not the guy you're talking to, but you're wrong. And it's painfully obvious to everyone.

call me dumb again and i'll fuk u like i fuked ur mom

Do some math. 2.4 million illegal immigrants in California. Even if you gassed them all, the Wyoming voter would still be vastly over represented

>megacities should run the whole country
Fuck off. It's not broken it was intentionally designed this way for this reason explicitly to keep cities from ruling the countries. Also gerrymandering of congressional districts was intentionally designed for the same reason. If you look at the electoral map of rural counties going for Trump and cities going for Clinton what happened this election was supposed to happen. It's to keep people like her out.

The electoral system of the US was designed for the rule of the yeoman farmer the landowner to rule over America. Not the urban masses. It's not broken. It's exactly what was intended. This election wouldn't have even been close if the franchise hadn't been expanded so much over the decades. Half the electorate in modern day America wouldn't even be eligible to vote in 1800 America.

Hicks shouldn't even be allowed to vote tbqh, I assume every house in the south is like the Texas chainsaw massacre

Isn't that... bigotry?

Yeah they have in advantage in the most important areas

Imagine that, big states shouldn't fucking control everything

That creates more government. More government employees. More pension. More welfare people who live of the backs of taxpayers, without providing a legitimate benefit to the people who pay for it.
Don't like your vote is underappreciated? Move to Wyoming. Quit trying to create a welfare state.

No one ever considered this since the 1700's.

You are the first to raise these issues and a genius hero.

>In Wyoming, one electorate is worth 196,000 votes
>one electorate

>Mexico gave her the popular vote
FTFY

>The Electoral College is broken.
Nope, it's working just as intended. Your loser lost, get fucked.

A person in Wyoming is worth 4x more than a Californian because most Californians are worthless spics or betas.

But the election isnt 1 big election. Its 50 smaller elections.

You're right, we should give california 7 times more EC votes to make it equal with Wyoming. Let's give it 300 EC votes, THAT will make it equal!!!

>pretending Florida doesn't decide everything in this country

The current system favors Florida and Ohio. How is that any better?

We are a republic of 50 states. It is a compromise to make sure each state has a fair voice, just like how we have two chambers of congress. If you abolish the Electoral College you have to abolish the Senate too, and then our republic is dead.

I think the point was to make sure there are geographic, demographic considerations as well as population-proportion, not purely one or the other

>How is it fair that a North Dakota vote is worth 4X a Californian vote?
Any normal human being is worth 4x more than a Californian.

You are right--- California has too much representation. It needs less.

Seriously, Nebraska feeds California and several other states. Without it, some of those idiots in California would just starve to death. And food prices would be significantly higher, making more Americans starving skinny bastards.

They're not worth any votes, if the people in total voted in california;2 for hillary and 1 for trump,those two people would be responsible for 55.

>flyover states
Disgusting, non-coastal poor person.

The constitution guarantees representation to all states. Not to all people, but to all states. The state of wyoming would not be sufficiently represented if it was only afforded it's proportion of citizens.

>1 person form wyoming is worth ~3 calis

That seems about right to me.

>coastal
>can't even figure out how to desalinate water so have to import it from red states
KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEK

A lot of people in the populous states are illegals or immigrants, who are not citizens, not to mention young people below the voting age population. When you remove all that it becomes much more even.

>yeoman farmer

Lol there aren't any farmers left. Most agricultural plots are owned by agrocorps.

The Jeffersonian dream of an independent farming class beholden to no one is dead.

Liberals have a bigger advantage as they get 2 Senators each with shitty ass small states like Deleware, and Rhode Island, and Vermont, and CT.

If Republicans just took a couple more sub 600k states we would dominate.

New Hampshire for example.

privileged libtard detected. How is that own medicine of yours yo?

Read your 14th Amendment, rights are held by citizens, not states. Representation is a right.

No, you're wrong.

Wyoming has only 1 House representative, but a population of less than 600,000

California, on the other hand, has 53 representatives and a population of 38.8 million. This means they have over 730,000 people per representative.

560,000 vs 730,000 sounds totally equal to the mathematically illiterate such as yourself.

Anything that under-represents the subhumans in California is fine by me.

Fuck off, take one civics course you fool.

The Electoral College is a means to stop a tyranny of the majority situation from arising in which 51% of the population will always have complete power and the other 49% will have literally no voice or say in what decisions are made.

Your argument is moot because the EC is here to stay and your criminal lost. Stay mad faggot.

Voter fraud keeps NH voting blue for federal races.

>inb4 voter id, those without id sign a paper promising they aren't frauds, and those papers are never investigated by anyone.
>busloads of dem voters "from NH" show up in small southern NH towns

>to keep cities from ruling the countries

Nope. It was designed to keep small states from being dominated by Virginia. American population was less than 5% urban at the time, so your statement is pretty much impossible.

You dumb fucks, Electoral College is what makes USA one of a few real federations in the world. Get rid off it, and you will ruin what's left of a balance between federal and state government.

>Getting a state with 560k and a state with 38.8 million to proportiobally have representation that close

Actually pretty good

>Nebraska feeds California and several other states

It doesn't though - CA is a net food exporter, primarily due to the San Fernando valley. Nebraska just adds lots of corn that we already have too much of.

because urban people are a bunch of left-wing faggots.

even the founding fathers realized this.

>over 700 9000
LOL

It's the system that was agreed to.

Shut up, puny flyover state.

Gore lost, and everybody on earth got fucked for it. Hicks shouldn't mix with politics, RHCP had it right.

Guess we'll just have to kill people in all of those wonderful cities until we return to equilibrium.

I say we start with California.

No. I think there should be more Representatives, so Americans can be represented equally.

The yeoman farmer lives on in blood and spirit.

I challenge you to bring electoral college reform up again one and a half years from now. Only then will I know you are actually serious about it.

I'd like to see Al Gore stop China from shitting out metric fucktonnes of CO2.

>How is that own medicine of yours yo?

Ah, that famous flyover hatred of book learnin'. How's that working out for you - hooked on Oxy yet, or are you under 12?

>my candidate didn't win, the system must be broken

Kill yourself, my dude

I said I wanted to FIX the EC, not abolish it. We fix the EC by ensuring equal representation of EVERY AMERICAN.

you dolts can't seem to understand this

What about Texans you faggot?

Wyoming won't consent to remain part of the union and feed the rest of the country if you decide to walk all over it politically
If you scaled back the power of the federal government and gave states more sovereignty, sure, you could move to purely democratic federal elections - but we both know that isn't happening

>Gore lost, and everybody on earth got fucked for it.
Nah.

>Hicks shouldn't mix with politics.
Emotional children that think identity politics are valid shouldn't have any type of say whatsoever. That means you, retard.

That would mean you'd have to either exterminate or deport all the illegals though.

How many? 1000 representatives? 2000??

Keep dreaming faggot, California feeds the world

Nebraska gets its computers from Silicon Valley. If it wasn't for California Nebraska would've been fucked long ago.

>I said I wanted to FIX the EC
It's not broken, it's working just as intended, you just didn't get the results you wanted.

Most Texans are too busy working to sit on Sup Forums

Dumb statement. If the positions of the parties were different then the swing states would be different.

just a reminder white identity politics is still identity politics

Why can't we all agree that nobody gives a squirt of rat piss about wyoming.