(((Star Wars)))

So how bad is it gonna be this time Sup Forums?
Last time the protagonists were a female Auschwitz survivor and a Nig Nog. Will we see a final fight with feminine penises instead of lightsabers this time?
Are you going to watch it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=miVRaoR_8xQ
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/rogue-one-is-a-political-allegory-tease-writers-946638
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm ok with female protagonists but why do they always pick these plain jane old bags for the role

>I'm ok with female protagonists
Me too, if it wouldn't feel so forced

gonna be a worse mary sue than ever before seen.
I was a huuuge star wars fan when i was in elementary school so ill at least pirate it.

desu i dont think jews make very good writers.

I'd see the movie if the entire team gets slaughtered by Vader and that's why they were never mentioned ever in the original trilogy.

Too Force....D WOOOOOO

Meanwhile the asian protagonist is doing fucking kung fu

I'm a VFX whore but fuck me this is gonna be cringy

It was going to be a hardcore gritty war movie but Disney watched the first cuts and went "fuck that you're supposed to be selling toys" and they made them reshoot 40% of the movie.

Pass.

Meh, it can't be any worse than JewNew Abrams.

This film is basically, all the college SJW faggots vs the white people.

I'm a huge star wars fan but there i no way they will get any money from me for this, I'll torrent that shit.

>I'm okay with female protagonist
I'm not. I can't relate to them.

They were saying on NPR that it will be about women whose conversations will never revolve around men. It will be rough.

The trailers look awful, and TFA was bad so no.

No I'm not going to see it, but mainly because of the missing suspense.

>inb4 its Star Wars, good always wins

I know, but in the trailer that one dude beat 3 or 4 Stormtroopers with a fucking stick. Those guys are supposed to be elite soldiers, yet they behave like toddlers. I'm just not into films where a group of 5 people can take out 200 without any harm or a sense of threat, especially since I know nothing bad will happen to them.

>hunger games in space
gonna be pretty mediocre desu

> he needs to relate to the protagonist to enjoy a movie
Lowbrow entertainment

You don't necessarily have to relate to the protagonist for the story to be enjoyable.

>white people
Since black stormtrooper even this is not valid.

I'm watching it only for Vader. Fuck the pro-feminism tone this movie seems to have based on the trailers. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and the Star Wars franchise shouldn't be used to push shitty political agendas, which is what happened ever since (((Disney))) bought it.

Star Wars died when Rebels started airing. That shit was atrocious. Then Episode 7 was even worse. I'm willing to bet large sums of money that we will see at least one LGBTQGJKJBZGIKKNNZ character in the new trilogy or the offshots.

To copy the Hunger Games.
Because Hollywood is unoriginal, and nobody would of liked an Ellen Ripley clone.

I am not gonna give them my money either. What should I watch instead in December? Underworld 5?
Yeah, Stormtroopers are supposed to be based af.

I am not going to pay to see another star wars film.

All the hype is manufactured and only sheeple are affected by manufactured hype.

Why watch movies anyway? You over pay for shit that get's worse and worse each year.

Its all just marxist propaganda.

You dont have to watch anything. You could spend your time on something productive or on a hobby.

Who else /bigSWgeekaschildbutdon'tcareanymoresinceTFA/ here?

I even told my folks I would trash any star wars things I found in my stocking when I come down

The trailer looked pretty decent tbqh

>not torrenting everything

How is that low brow? Watching an idiot blow shit up, without understanding the characters motivation or deeper concerns seems rather low brow no?No necessarily, but caring about a char extent separates an okay movie from a great movie.

It's going to be streets of Delhi levels of shit.

Muh plain Jane "womens can be toughs too" lead who's face constantly looks like her pussy stinks.

Muh "praise diversity" Asian casting. Yeah, has nothing to do with exploiting the newly opened Chinese market.

Muh memba berries. The entire film is a nostalgia circle jerk of the highest order. Don't have to come up with new ideas when all you need is a few familiar spaceships ans characters.

shes so hot omg

Well the fat Asian guy is an imperial spy, and everyone dies. The ending was actually a great connector to Episode 4, and Vader only has ~5 minutes of screen time and never uses his lightsaber. The desert palaver is almost fully destroyed, but left much like Mandalore (broken)

I will go watch it and hopefully have fun while doing so. Got a problem with it? Fuck you then ":D"

youtube.com/watch?v=miVRaoR_8xQ

Time to just stop caring senpais

The Star Wars series ended.

Disney has made Star Wars a little too sjw for me.

*Caring about a character

>star wars geek as child
>still getting stalking from mommy and daddy

MODS!

They are only trying to sell their product to the American market. White people are over represented in starwars films now if anything.

Thanks for the spoilers fuckwad

These OP.

They need you. Not the other way around.

>review is almost as long as movie
what did he mean by this?

I didn't mind Episode 7, it was actually not as bad as I feared it would be. I'm still disappointed though that they continued the Star Wars movies after Episode 6. Episode 6 should've been the last movie. The Star Wars movies were ALWAYS meant to be about the life of Anakin Skywalker and Episode 7 fucked that up.

Sadly won't happen.

>Will we see a final fight with feminine penises
I really love frottage, so yeah, i hope so.

Agreed, everyone hates episode 7, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I still only have faith in rogue one, as the Han movie will kill it all

Rei is gonna go Vader and Kylo Ren is gonna go light side by the third.

>Then Episode 7 was even worse.

I went into Episode 7 completely skeptical but... kind of liked it. It was sort of an apology for Episodes 1, 2 and 3. None of the race-baiting like Jar Jar or the Chinese Drone Lords, none of the childish pod racing crap. It was bretty gud Ztar Warz.

Female protagonists are SJW now?

Star wars is fiction set in a fictional galaxy so I don't see why minorities and women bother you so much in this situation, if it's a good movie I can give less a fuck who is in it.

Problem is that Disney's movies (especially the super hero ones) can be rather sterile and things get rather repetitive even if the productions are efficient. However that may be due to the general appeal niche Disney works on more than anything else.

This is autism incarcerated

Rouge one was orginally a grim dark star wars where the cast was brutually and relentlessly hunted down by vader, killing them one at a time

Our friends at disney disliked how dark the movie became, George lucas, from conception, intended star wars to be a family film where everyone can be taken on an adventure of fantasay and science.

It was scaled back heavily, especially the use of darth vader, just as the force awakens scaled back luke and han solo.

Because of this we get a lighter version of an almost dark fantasy sw

The entire cast was supposed to be killed "rouge one" is destroyed before a new hope and the death star plans never make it ti the rebels (yet)

No matter how progressive you think this film is, the pemise of the film was "vader is going to find and kill you"

So sad, still excited to see it, should be better than the force awakens

How you relate to characters mostly depends on how well the acting is and the movie is written. There has to be some good amount of suspense for the viewer to care about the character. None of which could be said about the new star wars movies. You can still relate to a female character if the story is well written and it isn't about any kind of gender issues or whatever.

ashamed to say i already got my ticket.
45 seconds of vader, i'm coming...

mighy watch it just cuz I want Felicity to bite my dick with those giant rabbit teeth

I've never watched the new star wars and never will. I've only seen the prequels once each.
Thus my star wars memories are less fucked up than most peoples. I wish the only star wars films I had seen were IV & V, then my memories would be pristine.

Talks about far more than just the movie. Talks about the direction of the series and the current state of the film industry as a whole.

Good stuff. And its bretty funny throughout.

If Disney creates a movie that doesn't appeal to every demographic, they consider it a failure

>no race baiting

Yeah the entire scene with Han, Chewie, and Nig running from shitty cgi monsters and the cast of Raid: Redemption wasn't out of place and shoehorned in to appeal to Asian markets.

>Its all just marxist propaganda
Well that certainly seems to be the intention of two of the (((screenwriters))) it's not the intention of the original story or the guy who came up with it. The fact they both deleted their tweets is telling. Disney avoids identity politics so not to polarize their audience. I'm not saying there is no Marxist propaganda in their products. They still like to put out films with brown princesses for example. But it's the blonde hair and blue eyed and red hair and green eyed princesses that were their biggest hit to date and they will never cave to this morons who want to make Elsa gay. Disney may be run by a jew but they aren't stupid. I don't expect this film to be any more Marxist than the last

Not really, men and woman are fundamentally different. Understanding any motivations are a deeper level would be futile.

Really don't know how to feel about this one. I feel like passing, but I might go with my dad that just loves the franchise as a whole. He will probably be disappointed, just like he was with the prequel trilogy and TFA.

Still don't get why he have faith in this franchise anymore, nowadays it's mostly just for selling toys and shit...

TFA was so fucking predictable, just like this one will be. Yeah TFA was a clone of ANH, but holy shit the predictability of it was wew lad

They still all die in the end

Return Of The Jedi had such a nice ending, especially with the galaxy-wide celebrations. Still salty about how (((Disney))) overturned all of that for more shekels. This is my childhood they're fucking with.

>muh prequels sucked bandwagon
Also is a shitty rehas movie better than a movie with originality

Technically they're like space aliens, so all of those irl differences can be argued and are flexible.

>set in a fictional Galaxy
But it was it was made in the real world. It very clearly has a bias and they intend to subvert others, especially children to get them to think like them in the real world.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/rogue-one-is-a-political-allegory-tease-writers-946638

>"Please note that the Empire is a white supremacist (human) organization." Gary Whitta, the original writer on the project, responded in kind, tweeting: "Opposed by a multi-cultural group led by brave women."

It's gonna be shit.

If you need a sci-fi fix around Christmas, go see Arrival or Passengers instead.

Star wars movie with Empire pov when ?
The Empire is litteraly the only reason i like the Star wars universe

It will open up an alternate timeline where nothing in the original trilogy actually happened

That's why I've never watched the new film and never will. I'm content with the end of episode 6.
I'm not letting Disney rape muh memories.

Eugh no

fuck you you racist, empire is literally white supremacists

Ya and that idea would never be endorsed by Disney

Its canon that the empire is a Human supremacy group

Meaning HUMANS in TOTAL are superior to all life

Just cause some jew thinks he hijack the idea does not mean its correct

Where did you get that from?

The ads for Rogue One make it look like Young Adult Novel trash.

More Mary Sue shit with invincible female characters. Pass.

I don't know what you are talking about. I can relate to any character regardless of gender or race, if the things they are going through in the story are somehow similar to mine. It is about the circumctances. You don't need the character to be the exact copy of you in order to relate to them.

>another stupid, edgy, stronk woman lead

they aren't even trying to hide it at this point

To be honest the trailer for Rogue One looks like what I wanted TFA to be. Imperials vs rebels, not poor imitation of the empire with big spooky new Death Star planet vs rebels who aren't actually rebels because they control the galaxy now.

I can't imagine this lead being anywhere near as Mary Sue-ish as the girl in TFA. 'I have tits that means I'm a Jedi now with zero training lol gyrls rule amirite'

>white supremacist group

already established that they are both an army of cloned Samoans and/or inclusive enough to have black stormtroopers.

That just proves this is anti-white propaganda.

Fuck this garbage, and any beta nu-male who pays for this is an auto cuck.

Iv been following rouge one since before TFA came out, the movie plot changed multiple times over this time period.

I would provide you with some source but im mobile posting at work, im sure you can find something with a quick gs

rogue one is not connected to the prequels or the force awakens.

>force awakens isnt that bad
Oh yeah sure because its not like it completley destroyed the meaning of the original triology

i miss sheev

This. Sheev (the Emperor of A FUCKING GALAXY) was a human and his Empire discriminated against non-humans.

It's still the same empire

All Star Wars movies since Episode I made me side with the Empire. Guess I really am an evil nazi after all.

>Star wars is fiction set in a fictional galaxy so I don't see why minorities and women bother you so much in this situation

Makes it even more retarded that in a setting with infinite numbers of species or life forms, they still have to force a identity politics meme.

Also no one cares if there is a female protagonist. It's when it's an obvious forced meme that they just HAVE to make a point out of it blatantly in the movie.

Like TFA, girl just magically fixes the MF in 3 seconds her first time in it while the guy who's owned it for god knows how long just couldn't for the life of him fix it himself. On top of that, she had no actual flaws. At least Luke had some character flaws, the forced female characters never have flaws.

Really makes ya think!

Bullshit. It takes place between episodes 3 and 4.

So, they ditched the clone army and were white supremacist until they built the deathstar?

Yeah I can't wait for the white woman to get impaled by the big heavy breathing black guy

A decent villain, unlike the grumpy emo edge lord and CGI freak in Star Wars 7

Not really if you read enough 'legends' AKA not (((Disney))) Canon you realise that the empire did nothing wrong

Yup, she looks like her pussy stinks.

it's only connected to the original trilogy (but not the prequels, everyone is pretending that the prequels didn't happen, because they are garbage) in terms of plot, they're gonna steal the plans for the death star.

Is there a more based SW race than the Mandalorians?

pic related.

/thread

I'm trying, but it seems it's all mostly really light speculation

If it doesn't bother you, I'd quite like to reas more about it

Fuck you, frog.

Donnie Yen is pretty neat.