When did applying for an entry level job include the application, a two hour test, a hr, manager...

When did applying for an entry level job include the application, a two hour test, a hr, manager, and department manager interviews and then a six month wait become the norm?

ITS 2016 BITCH

GET USED TO IT

When every self important hiring manager thought it would be a great idea for all employees to have useless four year degrees.

Hard working?
Applicable experience?
Great references?

Doesn't matter, you're getting passed over for some effeminate guy who has no work experience but does have a liberal arts degree.

>office jobs

From what I hear the American job market is fucked just go on welfare, because it's worth more than the minimum wage isn't it?

That's not how it works. Now because so many people were let into university who weren't clever enough for it shelf stacking now requires a degree, a two hour test and 5 different interviews and assessment centres.

Oh yeah, and you have to be a temp with no benefits for a year.

With a rotating schedule and optional lunch, cause you know, we don't know if you'll stay

Six month wait? What job are you applying for? Which company?

>Our interaction engineer will be contacting your shortly.

Public sector?

Autism bux sure isn't. Super rough crunching, I only get like $600, but if I worked full time on minimum wage its like $1200.

No welfare is less than minimum wage and it's not really that fucked it's just people don't want jobs that are open that are dirty and hard

high unemployment

seriously rising world population is a fucking field day for big business
more cheap labor

A global marketing solutions company. Started in August with a couple sporadic calls in between

Labour surplus. Get used to it, automation is hell of a ride.

>six month wait

If they haven't gotten back to you in a week or two you're not getting the job.

Except they've kept in contact with me and have done interviews

Jesus Christmas!!! Thankfully you weren't talking about retail.

Because they pay way too little for the struggles that they entail.
Be it physical, environmental or social strains for the employee.

Lol, they take longer

>Diversity

Basically this

Breeding is just putting a new goy into the (((machine))). Wages will continue to decline while the population increases.

This looks like a school.

>need some interns
>call three universities in the county
>go through the motions with them, make all sorts of profiles and declarations and so on
>have many, many applicants
>sift out most
>interview the rest
>make a decision the same day
>call some lad to let him know
>"last year it took a company a month to make a decision"

I know companies that have hiring processes for interns and graduates that are deliberately designed, from the ground up, to be complicated and awkward so they put people off. I know others that have fallen victim to the HR vampires and are convinced that they need to grill everyone, Apprentice style, if they're applying for a job putting data into a computer or scrubbing toilets.

It's because if you do get the job you'll stick around longer because they made it so hard to get. Companies are all Jews.

I went for a shitty part time retail job years ago. 2 interviews and a month wait. Fuck work seriously.

This has been going on since at least the year 2000.