Why do Conservashits vote against their own economic interests ?

Why would they ?

Unions get toxic.

I personally believe unions have a place, but eventually it gets to the point where they just create lazy, unprofessional workers.

If you have a worker that has 30 years at your company under their belt, but they literally do NOTHING, and on the flip side you have a worker that has half a year under their belt, but do their job perfectly, by the standards of the union you would let go the good worker.

This happens all the time. I've seen it, and my parents have seen it. My dad is a union man, and a heavy leftist, and even HE is against unions having too much power.

i suppose your suckkin off of the mexican tit too

Our main union that supports construction workers and basically owns our major leftist party wants to bring tonnes of shitskins so the construction workers have lots of work.

Not so simple is it? Idiot.

>1 post by this ID

I'll bite you're thinking of good old Bill Clinton who set up NAFTA and began the gutting of American factory jobs. The problem is both sides are fully willing to exploit this.

>it gets to the point where they just create lazy, unprofessional workers.
thats why we need profit sharing for workers. help keeps them motivated and more importantly on everyone else's ass.

Union guy here

Honestly, haven't worked a day in 3 years since becoming a lead rep, I sit in my office all day until someone comes in to complain, I write it down and then watch YouTube.

I get paid $22.35 an hour and make double on overtime. Plus two week vacation time.

Honestly, I should be fired and so should about 150 employees because we don't need them, but fuck GMC.

Unions had a mild place nearly a century ago(most of the improvements in worker quality of life had to do more with technological advances) but are absolutely obsolete today
Especially public unions which should all be trashed no questions and never had a place to begin with.
BTW mandatory membership is a violation of freedom of association and because dues are used to lobby politicians and violation of free speech of its members that don't agree with the politicians their dues are funding

>corporations being free to hire employees at the lowest price available thereby reducing their costs and making their goods and services cheaper to customers
>against my economics interests
Yeah, no.

Unions donate to democrats

Why do liberals vote for people who want to genocide them?

Because they think they will be the ones with the reins but forget they are just useful idiots

Unions aren't out for anyone but themselves

Illegal immigrants are allowed to join unions......people that break the law and replace American workers and the fucking unions protect them

Ain't that some shit?

Union's in Australia are disgusting. the largest of which, the Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union, or CFMEU, is the largest militant organisation in the country. Frequently disrupting construction, and causing strikes and walkouts, and as a result, our construction workers are some of the highest paid tradesman in the world, and are higher paid than even regular officeworkers.

>We have fought offshoring
>But pay us 500% more than what you pay for labor in Mexico and China

Unions incentivize companies to send their jobs over seas.

Also, I will not vote for someone just because I would be better of financially. I vote for what's best for the country.

conservatives are low info voters, much like blacks

I'm actually a union member. I voted for Trump though, mostly just to tank the Clinton family. They should never have expected our support after NAFTA.
Kill yourself.

>organize strikes when the evil management nazis won't cave to your highway robbery-esque demands for more pay and better insurance
>use mob connections to beat the shit out of scabs that the evil management nazis hire to keep their business from collapsing during the strike
>do literally everything in their power to ensure that businesses literally can't afford to pay their workers
lol guys we never caused any jobs to be sent overseas, dumb conservashits.

Also, I work part time at a university in a non-right-to-work state and I can tell you for a fact that I lose more of my paycheck to union dues than I do to fucking taxes. It most certainly is in my economic interest for collective bargaining to be outlawed or at the very least expanding right-to-work to the national level.

Some jewish owned unions have though.

They knew they could force non-jew companies to out source if they demanded enough shit.

People are too stupid to leave a union and join or start another if the jews take over theirs.

Shill detected. What union?

Unions send jobs oversees by massively driving up the cost of labor.

DC 37

Don't they pretty much go for random foreigners for the job because of Unions though, because "Why hire some fuck who expects benefits and fair treatment, when you can just hire someone to be your bitch and can work for you for practically nothing?".

Unions vote Democrat. Democrats endorse globalism.

which ones are those

answer clearly

500%? Mexican auto workers make $1-2/hr.

>create conditions that make it unprofitable to manufacture goods domestically
>Why dey offshore dem jobs doe?

Dems are this fucking stupid. You still don't get why your union boys in Michigan voted for Donny J. Trump do you?

>FYI NO MANAGEMENT HAS EVER SENT AMERICAN JOBS OVERSEAS JUST FOR SHITS AND GIGGLES
>YOU'RE THINKING OF UNREASONABLE UNION DEMANDS MAKING DOMESTIC INDUSTRY UNPROFITABLE AND FORCING MANAGEMENT TO DO SO

Fixed that for you.

So 2000%, then.

more like
"why hire this underqualified white person who expects to be overpaid for the job I'm hiring him for, as well as expect fringe benefits far beyond the other industry offerings, when I can hire another worker at a standardised rate, that doesn't affect the price of the products I will be offering to the consumer, thus ensuring I don't become insolvent and therefore unable to hire any workers at all."

They would send the jobs overseas anyways. You have no idea how cheap third world labor is.

>if i'm a good goy and eat shit my masters will treat me better

cucks, all of you

the only reason they do this is because of competitive trade tariffs, competitive wages, competitive cost of materials.

bottom line, if the wages become more competitive, or the workers become more efficient, then you will be wanted.

But then you are working for $2 an hour.

Says the unemployed steelworker.

The "unprofitable" meme has to die. Believe it or not, companies cut labor costs to increase profits even if they'd still make money if they didn't cut those costs--they're legally obligated to maximize shareholder value. You don't have to invent scenarios where the company would go out of business and in desperation move their labor outside the United States.

And yeah, I recognize that "nationalism" and capitalism are therefore in tension. But that's just the way it is.

sorry, I live in a country where there is a minimum wage, and our unions are still a pack of cunts.

cite it

Wage increasing actions of the union that are counter to what the market can support leave management with two options. Close down and fire everybody or move over seas and fire most everyone still.

The only union behaviors I have a major issue with are ones where scabs wind up dead in the harbor.

THAT is why unions don't work. Nothing other than old fashioned murder.

Maybe, but Unions embraced the foreign invaders that came here...in order to make them dues-paying Union brothers.

and they lobby for things like Drivers Licenses for illegals and other enabler behavior

>Become nurse assistant
>Decent money for college student 12.50 while others do shit jobs for 9.00.
>Forced to join nurses union
>RNs make 29.50 an hour starting, 3 shifts a week, counts as 40 hours
>Complain underpaid
>Go on strike
>Strike with us user! We are stronger together!! Fat cat hospital CEO made 1.3 million last year!
>I'm just here for the patients I don't want to strike
>Renegotiate contract for RNs
>pay raises, more paid time off, etc
>All new hires in last 6 months are terminated to pay for changes
>Patients get less care because nurses wanted 1.5% salary increase
>I lose my job

Thanks union!

Who cares , illegals do jobs Amerifats are too lazy or entitled to work

doesn't sound like anything to do with the union

Who organizes strikes and negotiates contracts?

unions

It's okay though I got the same job at a better hospital for more pay.

which means nothing in relation to unions having nothing to do with your prior statement

Bootllicking conservashits love to SHIT on unions because they think they are temporarily embarrassed millionaires

I work in a steelworkers union shop. They make absurd amounts of money and the high rates make everyone happy to work the mandatory overtime: 1.5x pay after 8hrs OR after 40hrs, 2x pay on Sundays, +10% nights, +10% while training another employee. They also get a shit-ton of time off and there are still massive amounts of call-ins because they make enough money that they can just not show up when they feel like it. I've watched supervisors spend a full hour trying to assemble a crew because of the amount of guys that called in.

This went on for 50yrs until the company was $100mil in debt and was bought out. The new corporate overlords cut costs wherever they could. Work started being outsourced to get rid of the union jobs. They finally built another plant to do some of the work and are sending 1/3 of the jobs to another state because they can literally pay the workers there half of what they're paying the union workers.

Now, as the jobs start to go, the senior guys are going to push the junior guys out of their jobs throughout the shop. The shitstorm approaches, the layoffs start in earnest next month.

so people will blame the union and not the company for its poor decisions

literally dindu nuffins

Management = Jews
Union bosses = also Jews

It's hard to take sides, tbqhf@m.

The company seems to be making smart decisions here

so you support outsourcing white jobs to 3rd world shitskins while they pocket the difference at your expense

I support tariffs to bring jobs back and then right-to-work laws breaking up unions

management did retarded things, but the union has never attempted to compromise and has always been overpaid for the generally unskilled work that they do. That generation of management was wiped out in the buyout 15 years ago. Since then, corporate has focused on lean manufacturing and the union didn't realize that they need to compromise if they want to keep the jobs.

However, the union is heavily based on seniority, which puts people into positions that they have no business being in, sometimes to hilarious effect.

>Employee won the bid for the electrician's job
>Put him on night shift by himself
>He is not really an electrician, our largest machine broke and he couldn't fix it

>Employee drove a fork truck to the deli for lunch
>fork truck broke down while at the deli and employee was stranded
>I never heard the exact resolution, but he is still employed some 20 years later

>same employee as fork truck story
>can't read tape measure
>job is measure stock, cut stock to correct length
>other employee would make sticks with marks on them so ho would know where to cut
>one day, stick not available, employee attempts to cut on his own
>comes up with one short piece at the end
>literally buries it outside the shop to hide it
>other employees spend hours looking for missing piece
>union negotiates deal with company, "if he tells you where it is, will you not fire him?"

Unionization in general is a good thing.

Things like SEIU are shit though.

see above don't care

What is NAFTA?

No Union except for the ones that were so fucking insufferable that corporations would rather hire people overseas.

(Wow, that was easy.)

>Kill yourself.

He's right. I worked at UPS and the union made it unbearable. Little old ladies trying to sort 40 lb packages at "1200 packages an hour" but failing miserably while the physically capable guys like me get slammed because they can't handle their shit. But they don't get fired, they just get moved to the front where the load is easier putting even more pressure on the rest of us. The least they could do is move them to fucking small sort or something. Some union practices are just retarded. The only good part about the job is that you could fuck off as much as you want and not get fired.

I worked union at Boeing for a while. They were alright for some stuff but the levels of bullshit they pulled to validate their own existence was staggering.

managers = kikes
union bosses = kikes with boston accents

old women are a protected class from employers

nothing to do with the union

Profit sharing? You mean your fucking paycheck? Where do you think that money comes from?

Unions have actually sent millions of jobs overseas.

By setting unreasonably high demands that make US labor uncompetitive vis-a-vis foreign countries they literally force businesses to offshore.

they are sending the jobs to South Carolina, not Mexico.

more "skilled" labor stories

>someone activated fire suppression system under largest machine which has a very large, very deep foundation
>fire suppression system is 8" diameter pipes
>it dumped water for 8 hours before someone realized it was on
>took weeks to pump out
>estimated 250,000 gallons of water

>while welding a hook for a fire extinguisher, welder started a fire under platform next to the acid tank
>20 years of paper cups, food wrappers and old paperwork start burning
>several failed attempts to extinguish before calling fire dept

>new welder was not issued fire retardant pants
>pants caught fire

?

Fuck you in the ass you little bitch. If not for unions your ass would be working an eighteen hour shift in a factory sharing a townhouse with 4 other families. Dying slowly of lung cancer and asbestos poisoning. Other companies only have nice conditions so their employes don't leave for the unions. Talk shit about anime, dog breeds, political theories I don't give a fuck. But you respect the fucking union you piece of shit.

Unions. Parasites that kill their own hosts, and drive them overseas.

Fucking communists.

I should also mention that if you hate on unions you are definitely under aged.

Unions literally do the opposite, you fucking Mong.

Unions are why they send the jobs overseas, stupid

What the fuck is your prob...

Oh, you're Canadian.

No wonder you feel that way, your whole fucking country is like a big failed business union.

Without unions ALL jobs would be oversees.

Increased union wages far above market value is higher than the shipping costs plus near slave wages.
They don't even have to come down that much just enough to even off shipping costs.

> They don't understand that asking for more benefits/raises gives outsourcers more financial incentive
Do you even economics bro?

How? The situation was entirely because of the union.

If the unions have made too many demands, and created lazy, entitled, disloyal, overpaid workers, then it makes sense that "management" doesn't want to deal with them and sends jobs overseas.

Fucking communists. Not even once.

no it wasn't, company will always cut costs wherever they can and for whatever reason they come up with

unions only mitigate this, not cause it

>Why do Conservashits vote against their own economic interests ?

Who do you think is top management if not the people who supported Hillary Clinton?

cunt

>How? The situation was entirely because of the union.
The union fired the employees?

>I'm just here for the patients I don't want to strike
>Renegotiate contract for RNs
>pay raises, more paid time off, etc
>All new hires in last 6 months are terminated to pay for changes
>Patients get less care because nurses wanted 1.5% salary increase
>I lose my job

>unions only mitigate this, not cause it

let's recap: UNION goes on strike, UNION demands more pay and benefits, UNION gets increased pay and benefits, other people are fired to make up the cost. How is this not the union's fault?

inb4 should've been in the union. If shit like this didn't go on all the time, we wouldn't be having this thread.

oh so you weren't in the union? then its completely your dumbass fault and noone else's

>when you try to simplify things but dont make any sense
thats you. now read pic related for a proper simplification

they demanded dues, which I do not make enough to pay

Unions also have high level of uneducated people. The same uneducated people the democrats demonized

>when you try to simplify things but dont make any sense
>100671018

ironic

yes you did, you opted to not pay them and now want to cry about how you are the victim of your own stupidity

Longshoreman union sure loved TPP

Profit sharing is a great idea for the company. They can justify paying you less by you getting profit sharing and if sales slump they don't lose additional money.

>you opted to not pay them
source?

>ironic
because I actually made sense and you didnt?hardly

Lol nice false consciousness there. Talk about a cuck. Go lick your boss's balls faggot

So you're telling me that between a candidate literally funded by Wall Street (Hillary Clinton) and a billionaire that at the very least symbolically represents change, you'd pick the Wall Street candidate and say to people that don't vote for the Wall Street candidate that they are voting against their economic interests?
nah

Fucking this.
Unions do nothing but drag everyone down to the level of the laziest, most retarded pieces of shit working in a company.

In my company it used to be that stuff like week end availability was paid differently to different people, or at least in different teams.

I used to get a full 8 hours overtime pay even if I never even got a call, while some guys in other offices were doing it for free.

Why? Because they're fucking retarded, and the reason they needed to be available was because their shit breaks all the time. They're also borderline unmarketable, only knowing COBOL, and they knew they could easily end up drawing the short straw and getting reduced hours.

On the other hand, the reason I and my colleagues need to be available is because we maintain a complex mission critical application that needs to be up at all times, even on saturdays and sundays.
IF something breaks, we need to be there to either fix it immediately if it's our fault, or find out whos fault it is and shift the blame.

Now, thanks to the union everyone only gets 2 hours of pay. The actually monitor availability pay to make sure no one gets MORE than that because that would be "discriminating".
They effectively caused me to lose 200€/month.

Same shit for transfer compensation.
We get much less than we used to, so that some retard who used to get nothing can get the same.

Union (((leader))) detected.

Fuck you and fuck your unions.

Unions only made sense in a time when the job at hand was screwing a bunch of nuts on their respective bolts.
Anyone who does anything that involves actual talent only stands to lose from it, provided they're not idiots.

i think this thread is about unions