Linux vs Windows10

What OS does Sup Forums use? im thinking about removing windows 10 and installing Linux/ ubuntu onto my laptop, any opinions?

Other urls found in this thread:

noobslab.com/2016/04/macbuntu-1604-transformation-pack-for.html
qz.com/332059/apple-is-reportedly-giving-the-chinese-government-access-to-its-devices-for-a-security-assessment/
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3456654/Apple-refusing-unlock-San-Bernardino-terrorist-s-phone-ask-did-seemingly-let-China-secret-data-security-checks-year.html
fortune.com/2015/10/13/apples-recent-concessions-in-china-have-a-pattern/
osnews.com/story/28264/Report_Apple_gives_Chinese_government_access_to_source_code
money.cnn.com/2013/12/23/technology/mobile/apple-china-mobile/
cnbc.com/2016/04/29/why-apples-china-problem-is-likely-to-get-much-much-worse.html
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/03/feds-fire-back-on-san-bernardino-iphone-noting-that-apple-has-accommodated-china/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I personally use Windows 10 that's just because I've been using windows my entire life if you install it you're going to need to do a custom insulation and basically just uncheck one box that gives them permission to send data

I have used Ubuntu in the past but I just never really liked the layout

yea watching videos on youtube, the GUI looks like trash because i hear they were inspired by mac and windows.

I use windows 7 but if you have windows 10 get rid of that shit now

this. anyone with Win10 is a part of the problem.

windows 10 is bad because of (((them))) monitoring people, but i never even agreed to download it.
>be me
>be bluepilled normie fag
>wake up 1 morning my msi laptop was updated to win10
>crymyselftosleep.wav

Ubuntu mate is a bless and normies should use it.

how would a normie like myself learn to properly use it? like the GUI and the Terminal etc

>having you comp switched on
>being online
>not reverting it
come on. you are not even tryin. Also since you had legal win8.1 OEM download it and reinstall

temple OS is the only OS that will protect you from CIA niggers

I'm a .NET developer, so Windows.

If your OS choice is based on privacy, then you're delusional. You might as well chuck out that post 2012 AMD (OR!) Intel CPU while you're at it. Actually, get rid of your Internet connection too.

>he doesn't dual boot win10 with distro of choice on a dm-crypt encrypted partition that windows can't read

dualboot if u want to try ubuntu. I have installed xubuntu and is ok to browse the web download some movies and few things more, is a pain in the ass compared to windows install something and sometimes u don't get drivers and things like that, if u need the pc to work or wanna play vidya better keep windows

Mac OS X

I hate Apple but there's nothing better than MacBooks and their OS.

Try Xubuntu for a lightweight and clean desktop bro

>windows 10

If there is ANY doubt in ANYONE'S mind that Windows 10 isn't spying on literally EVERY.FUCKING.THING.YOU.DO on your computer, get that notion out of your head.

That thing is basically Echelon the OS.

Windows 7 (which still reports back a bunch of shit) or Linux.

NEVER Windows 10.

shitposting?

>I'm a .NET developer

failed platform

kek

Ubuntu on everything. There really is no excuse to stay on windows, unless you waste your time with the vidya jew.

I use fedora for all of my systems.

>Have old MBA
>OS X changed to MacOS
Fuck Apple and their continual shite ass shift to iOSifying their desktop. They don't even have touchscreens ffs!!

Trisquel GNU/Linux with XFCE.

Ubuntu gnome

I personally use Mint at work, you can always rely on the latest builds and they support a lot of hardware without getting fucked on drivers. A lot of software available in the app-finder program too.

Also can run it on a toaster without you even noticing it.

>Not gNewSense
It's like you hate freedom

>not flashing libreboot on a x60, getting an Atheros WLAN card and instaling Trisquel

Linux mint is pretty comfy

macOS all the way.

Fuck you fags.

UbuntuMate

I use Ubuntu but I've customized it to look like Mac OSX, because Apple is actually really good at designing software.

Windows 10 is garbage spyware.
Get an older Windows, or Linux.

MacOS is the most red pilled privacy-friendly OS. Remember the FBI iPhone dispute where Apple put user's privacy first and told them to piss off?

Meanwhile Windows is 100% back doored and literally everything you do is logged and sent to various three letter agencies.

And not so fast lincucks, linux has recently been infiltrated and backdoored with systemd and is now Microshaft Windows tier trash.

I use 5 vpns, and tor browser connected to a hacked remote server with no logging running linux. On hacked wifi using a 1 mile range wifi adapter.

>Windows10
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Windows 10, is in fact, NSA/Windows, or as I've recently taken to calling it, NSA plus Windows. Windows is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another component of a fully functioning NSA surveillance system made useful by the NSA corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by NIST.
Many computer users run a modified version of the NSA system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of NSA which is widely used today is often called "Windows", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the NSA system, developed by the NSA Special Projects Directorate.
There really is a Windows, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Windows is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete intelligence collection system. Windows is normally used in combination with the NSA operating system: the whole system is basically NSA with Windows added, or NSA/Windows. All the so-called "Windows" distributions are really distributions of NSA/Windows.

hey windows 10 is getting a major update in two weeks, try it

setup a dual/tripple boot. ubuntu/win78,10/osx

This. Light, stable and robust.

>Install Ubuntu (whatever flavor you choose)
>Start using it exclusively
>Every time you run into trouble, google your way out of it.

There. You are now a Linux expert.

I use 10 just so i can play forza horizon 3.

Win 7.

Will move to Linux after this.

>caring if they monitor too.

fuck that Windows 10 gives you your disk usage in the task manager. This is gold to know if your HDD is fucked.

Can Linux into all of the steam games yet?

Can I masturbate about my archlinux on all my things

You bet I can

Damn that's pretty cool what is that?

I use both

Wonder if anyone bothered to write a virus for that shit...

This is retarded. Linux sucks.
Keep windows or Mac Os

Also os doesn't matter, if you have an intel cpu you're fucked anyhow

useless. you still have open system. veracrypt or bitlock it. why use win10 anyway

admit it stupid gay faggot you liked the novilty of it so you just stuck with it

>Believes that faggot Tim Cook didn't open up his backdoor for the FBI.
>That bitch Siri all up in your shit.
If .gov wants to fuck your shit up, OS doesn't matter.

I've got arch, slackware and win 98 on GRUB.
If you're looking after your privacy you should also get rid of any ISP netgear and install openWRT or tomato.

Arch is great if you have nothing better to do in your life.

Everyone else uses Ubuntu.

It's just some themes and icon packs on top of unity. I find it very comfy.

noobslab.com/2016/04/macbuntu-1604-transformation-pack-for.html

>you still have open system

in what way exactly?

the partition is locked unless its booted from
the windows booted side will never be able to read it other than the bootloader

Actually a couple of my things are running the new fedora 25 and its lovely

I haven't used windows for a couple of years now (extreme Linux homosexual)

Just installed windows 10 on my ultrabook to try the new Linux subsystem, once all the telemetry is disabled, its o-ok.

I notice though that its cpu management is fucking aggressive, under Linux this thing would barely turn the the fans on. Under windows they're on constantly.

I like Mr nsa man spying on me, at least I am not giving them my facial recognition files with snapchat.

This. Copypaste shit from stack exchange, read manuals and that's it. You inevitably learn your shit, specially if you're trying to secure yourself. You might learn network by the 2nd most effective way that there is: necessity. The first one being deep interest/affinity, btw.

I cannot tell you how using lubuntu coming from a clunky win 8.1 experience made me happy. I was struck, jaw dropped and I was so happy, I felt like my life had changed. Windows is absolute thrash, it's torture. Get out of that shit,

Looks ugly.

Get a real mac faggot.

You're right to an extent, but even a basic network monitoring tool will show you just how much more data Windows phones home than the amount MacOS does.

Mitigate the government data mining as much as possible and get a Mac, the White man's choice of computer.

Already tried to take down the telemetry 2 times. After 2-3 it will reappear anyway. Fuck.

I agree that why im gona buy a MacBook

But why would I pay $1800 if I can get the exact same thing for $700?

Not to start an argument but that's typically what people who have never actually used arch say, since arch packages rarely deviate from upstream versions, compatibility issues rarely arise and upstream bugfixes are fast too arrive.

I prefer fedora or centos in a production environment but I'd be happy to run Arch production stuff.

Ubuntu tends to be the most unstable of the big distros since they deviate the furtherest from upstream packages.

OSX at work because it is mostly open source BSD.

Linux at home

>get a mac, the homosexual's and liberal art student's choice of computer

fixed it for you m8

p.s. apple shares all of your shit with china

but the win10 is open and unencrypted. you need something with uefi gpt to encrypt win10

Shut up buy an ultrabook instead and put linux on it.

>Shut up buy an ultrabook
Dont listen to him, buy a Thinkpad x220.

I was being a bit cheeky, the arch wiki was a fantastic resource, and I've used Arch in the past.

It's a fantastic waste of time IMO, although I can setup my laptop to perfection, there really is no justification for the time when I can install Ubuntu and get everything working in under an hour.

There were so many breaking changes, with pacman in particular IIRC, that it just got absurd. Forget to update my laptop for a couple of weeks and then it takes me an hour to figure out how to do the update because the keys changed, or some internal changed so it's incompatible.

Build a Hackintosh.
Linux and NSAWindows10 suck balls.

OS X (now macOS) is the greatest operating system ever built.

>doing it for free

ok im going to make a bootable usb to install linuxmint 18, im trying to get into networking/ cybersecurity will linux os help me in more ways than win8/10

I hated fedora.

Still need to give centos and mint a try but I gotta say, pacman is the best manager I've ever used and the aur is yuge.

that's not the point

windows 10 is compromised, there is no point in even trying to encrypt anything on it

the point is to use windows for windows things e.g video games and linux for everything else
and with that kind of setup it is impossible for windows to scan anything on the encrypted linux partition

Windows 7 with most of the updates and a custom firewall. Works like a charm

1) In what way?
2) Name a better one.

Try and not make me laugh.

>OH NO, YOU BETTER NOT HAVE WINDOWS 10
>THEY'RE MONITORING YOU, BRO
>GET RID OF IT, BREH
>FUCKING TRACKING YOU BRAH

Jesus Christ. If you have an internet connection, you're being monitored. If you have a cellphone, you're being monitored. Any time you swipe that card for purchases in any store, you're being tracked, if you drive on city streets, you're being tracked...

>oh, but I pay for a VPN so I can't be tracked or monitored
>PAY
>VPN

It doesn't matter what you do, where you go, what OS you use... if they want to, they can watch you. This shit isn't new, you've been monitored for a good long while now.

Literally all rich and successful White people use a Mac.

>p.s. apple shares all of your shit with china
Literally zero evidence to support this claim. If there's one manufacturer that has been proven to, it's Lenovo. Linux users cream themselves over their chink botnet pieces of junk.

I use both. Different tools for different purposes. I tend to use Debian as my daily driver and only use Windows when I absolutely need to.

hahaha

>use anything than kali linux
Fucking cucks

someone's been overdosing on redpills...

It's a trade off, its definitely more involved, but once you're generally knowledgeable with Linux to the point where when something breaks, you generally know how to fix it before you look up the specifics, it can be a big time saver due to the AUR.

If you don't deviate beyond core distro packages then Ubuntu is great, but once you need something via PPA, get ready for some serious fuck ups.

>Leaving auto updates installed
>Not reading popups about Win10

Yeah, you deserve it. Back up and purge, it's the only way.

>cuck poster detected

Doesn't have network capabilities so I don't think theres any point to it.

Fuck off you stupid cunt

>2016
>HDD

My penguin

Get manjaro (i3 community version {I rec.} or just the normal xfce) if you're too lazy for arch. PPA's are too much of a hassle.
>Yush, steam is pretty easy, sum probs but you have to archwiki.
Ubuntu only if you run your bussiness on it and want some costumer service.

Dual boot Win7/Mint
I mostly use mint for my everyday needs since my HDD likes it better. I only use windows when I need to ecnode video, type something, do some photoshop or eagle.

>Hurr durr kangaroo faggot who doesn't know whats good for him.

You stupid faggot eat a big fat dong

>the point is to use windows for windows things e.g video games and linux for everything else
>and with that kind of setup it is impossible for windows to scan anything on the encrypted linux partition
nah, its stupid. you wouldnt have immediate access to your files. Truecrypt with containers in Win would be better.

I have to say, dnf is the best package manager, it's fast as hell, intuitive and rarely, if ever fucks up.

Fedora is just nice with redhat software compatibility, aka FreeIPA, virtualization software, firewalld etc etc

Rich and succesful people who don't know anything or just a bit about computers. University professors included.

theres only one option

Why are apple cucks so unintellectual?

qz.com/332059/apple-is-reportedly-giving-the-chinese-government-access-to-its-devices-for-a-security-assessment/

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3456654/Apple-refusing-unlock-San-Bernardino-terrorist-s-phone-ask-did-seemingly-let-China-secret-data-security-checks-year.html

fortune.com/2015/10/13/apples-recent-concessions-in-china-have-a-pattern/

osnews.com/story/28264/Report_Apple_gives_Chinese_government_access_to_source_code

money.cnn.com/2013/12/23/technology/mobile/apple-china-mobile/

cnbc.com/2016/04/29/why-apples-china-problem-is-likely-to-get-much-much-worse.html

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/03/feds-fire-back-on-san-bernardino-iphone-noting-that-apple-has-accommodated-china/

lol