Trump wants to make burning the American flag illegal. Thoughts?

Trump wants to make burning the American flag illegal. Thoughts?

twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/803567993036754944

He should. It's a huge insult to the country when someone burns the flag

/thread

America has more pressing matters : how to solve the 104% debt to gdp problem ?

hilarious shitshow of a country

Leftist fag.

Only scum burn the American flag.

Prove me wrong

> You cant

I honestly thought burning the flag was already illegal.

MAKES YOU THINK

I hope he does it. It would be a great way to round up and eradicate leftist scum.

good

Watch the US slowly become a shitty, state-inflated country such as mine.

rip murica

Dylan would of been arrested and never could shoot up that nigger church.

wew

trump's playing 4d chess again

100,000k fine? Holy shit kek.

wtf i love hillary now

It is a form of Government censorship and your right to burn the American Flag should not be punishable by the government.

However, Johnny Cash and I share a very similar view on how to handle American Flag Burners.

Pic very much related.

He's really good at it.

when non-lefties are insulted it's freedom of speech

punishing people for making a symbolic gesture is retarded beyond comprehension.

You failed when you didn't vote for Gary Johnson. Trump is a leftist, just as reptillian Hillary Clinton.

you shouldn't burn flags, its disrespectful to the country and people that gave you the opportunities, freedom, and standard of living that isn't available elsewhere

that being said, I still believe in free speech

flag burning should be publicly shamed, not made illegal

>Hey we have freedom of expression! That's why burning the U.S flag is ok, it's a way of expression!
>What, you wanna criticize jews? That's hate speech which is illegal!
>You wanna ban Islam because they hate U.S and wanna kill us? Hey, we have freedom of religion here!

That's not a Voltaire quote and Volataire was an utter nonce desu lad.

I mean, I'm full on MAGA, but for fuck sake, this literally reads like something Chris-chan would post.

Being jailed only for burning the flag might be a bit too much. I say it should allow the state to investigate and spy on you without any restrain to know if you are up to something, but they already do that to everyone anyway.

You know, there comes a point where people have had enough of your "symbolic gestures", you useless fucking leftshits.

I'd send you all to work camps without hesitation.

This. I don't know how accurate that quote is, or whether Voltaire even said it, but I agree with it.

>being denied your privacy rights because you burned some territory symbol

They may be scum, but in my mind, they aren't breaking the law as interpreted.

But if I see someone burning the flag, I have a right as an American to follow them home and shit on their welcome mat.

Burning your nations flag is absolutely insulting to every soldier that died defending that flag throughout the nations history. Anyone that does so should definitely have their citizenship revoked and removed from the country.... Don't like the country you're in? Then get the fuck out... go cry somewhere else.

1st amendment. This is unconstitutional.

/thread/

>/thread/

Is bombing a government building "speech"?

I don't actually like it. Sounds authoritarian, un-American. But maybe the country is too far gone.

No worries. (((They))) won't let that happen. Don't fuck with the shekels.

I can tell you are an arab

but Hillary wanted it too! something they agree on!

I wouldn't do it but it's a symbol of freedom so you should be free to burn it.

. . . Was Johnny AnCap?

Your a fucking idiot, the only prople who burn the flag of their own nation are revolutionaries and traitors

This is a place where we all contribute and work for a common goal, a better future for the next generation.

If you burn our nations flag and are a citizen you deserve to lose your citizenship, if you hate the nation then dont be apart of it, go live in a third world nation run by dictators who can only control the population with threats and firing squads

People who get all upset when a flag is burnt are NO DIFFERENT QUALITATIVELY from primitive african tribesmen who flip out if the piece of wood they worship is messed with.

Very unevolved to worship such things.

>Australian argumentation
not even once

Better him than Clinton.

It's free speech, but I don't really care. I think burning flags is a really lazy way to protest the US and people should find a new shtick.

>If you burn our nations flag and are a citizen you deserve to lose your citizenship, if you hate the nation then dont be apart of it, go live in a third world nation run by dictators who can only control the population with threats and firing squads

Control the population with threats = laws against flag burning

Your stupidity is limitless

fpbp

Is there any potential situation where not burning the flag would be to your detriment?

If not, then it isn't even a free speech issue. It's a special snowflake "issue."

This.

Ikr,like why the fuck is it even legal to begin with

>I love america and the constitution! I hate overly sensitive liberals!
>but if you offend me by burning your own property you need to go to jail

I wonder if Jeffrey Guterman said the same to Hillary Clinton?

Pretty sure you're breaking some environmental laws already.

It can be made constitutional if you make it a public safety issue. After all, you cant just go around in public lighting flags on fire, can you?

What happened to your freedom? What else do you want banned, all "'degeneracy'"? I see it as a knee-jerk response to the authoritarianism of the left, whereby you replace it with another suffocating system. Burning the flag is harmless.

>pol claims to be NatSoc
>gets butthurt when flag burning is made illegal

I'm sure Hitler would be cool with burning a Nazi flag in Berlin. Fucking fags.

Yes, I agree the rioters who burn and loot their neighborhoods should go to jail

>ruined Europe three times in one century
>current tyrant is a Communist saggy-jowled fat bitch with a bowl cut and entry-level grasp of body language signals

Shut the fuck up, retard. I don't even like Australia, but you've got a lot of fucking nerve saying anything about anyone else's country.

Exactly. I swear Sup Forums is fucking stupid sometimes.

If burning a flag is an act of protest and is protected by free """"""""""""""""""speech"""""""""""""""""" shouldn't bombing buildings as a form of protest also be protected?

I think burning your own flag on your own soil is disgraceful. Far as I'm concerned that's treason. There should be consequences for betraying your country.

It already is. Look up 'US flag code'.

Remove commies

mfw Sup Forums is made by a bunch of leftists who call themselves right wing

I hope so. Tired of attention whores burning flags and accomplishing nothing.

This is why I love my neighbors to the north.

Say a person with 150 iq, dead parents that gets placed in a all black chaos school cause "why not" liberal policies. Why would that person not want to burn the flag in his 20s?

He could want to make america great again but they still failed him in his development.

step 1: outlaw flag burning
step 2: wall foundation

I honestly thought it was.

OOGA BOOGA SOMEONE DISRESPECTED MUH [FLAG, GOD, SNOWFLAKE STATUS, PRIMITIVE IDOL]
BURN THEM!

There's no such thing as treason. Countries are useless institutions maintained by robbery. To defend a country is stockholm syndrome.

Go back to home spic

name?

I don't see why you'd want to burn your own flag, it's a symbol of your nation and its sovereignty.

>>
Eventually, you reach some semblance of culture or tradition that should be upheld or we get faggots like you.

He's going to make a 'Hillary agrees with me' tweet with a link to the proposed bill in a few hours after all the liberals take the b8 and make a fool of themselves.

9d backgammon

So does Hillary! He's already successfully reaching bipartisan results! The madman!

>not wanting to ruin commie scums' lives
ur fixin for a helicopter ride bong

You're a frightened child who needs protection from daddy trump

This my whole life I thought any desecration of the flag was illegal

Some of us actually have pride and respect for what our ancestors built. I don't expect a Brazilian to understand

i wouldn't be proud of a turd either it's okay

The only people that burn flags are leftist and they hate free speech so why should we defend their right to burn the flag, they certainly wouldn't defend our rights

I'm doing just fine. Have fun burning the flag and being a kike.

enjoy your helicopter ride

It's part of the plan...
The absolute madman...

>Trump baits liberals into burning flags
>moderates are disgusted and swing toward Trump
>journalists cover this at the expense of bigger news
>Diehard Hilldawgs get even more cognitive dissonance when they find about about Hillay's Flag Burning Act of 2005

N I M B L E. N A V I G A T O R

kek

DId you even see the pic in the OP, moron?

Dylan Roof a leftist?

Checked.
The ride it's on me.

Me too...
I grew up with teachers and officials saying it was illegal to fuck with the flag.

Why isn't Trump any better than Hillary when it comes to Constitutional rights, and why does he share so many positions with Hillary and Bill?

we elected a well known internet troll as president

what the fuck did you expect

Holy fuck, is Sup Forums really this infested with retarded lefties or did you all come from plebbit?

Not everyone does. Not respecting their decisions goes against what the founding fathers meant as the purpose of your country and makes you just another commie

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in United States v. Eichman that prohibiting burning of the U.S. flag conflicts with the First Amendment right to freedom of speech and is therefore unconstitutional.[1]

i honestly thought it was illegal already. Good jail the degenerates.