Hey guys, I was wondering what your thoughts on Enders Game was?

Hey guys, I was wondering what your thoughts on Enders Game was?

Specifically, the political aspects on how people who are useful get treated like garbage (ender won the war, but peter was handed the keys to the world).

Also, I have anouther question for those of you who have actually read enders game (or watched the movie, for that matter, but that comes later)

How do you think the books theme, and the treatment of Ender Wiggan reflects on humanity as a whole, and was Card attempting to make a commentary on humanity with this story?

pls no bully, I really want to hear your honest opinion on the matter, I will ask the next question if this thread actually gets some serious replies (it won't be merited if it's ignored)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vBecM3CQVD8
youtube.com/watch?v=giaZnIr-faM
youtube.com/watch?v=_WTBkj8gFfI
youtube.com/watch?v=SvFaGJLbovA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You actually saw that vile garbage and then came here to ask serious question about it?
This is some high level sadomasochism!

Well, this wasn't the question I was going to ask, but did the buggers deserve to get annihilated because they shared a hive mind, and were basically all controlled by a central entity?

Do you think it's right to destroy an entire species just because they are basically non sentient pawns?

>You actually saw that vile garbage and then came here to ask serious question about it?
>This is some high level sadomasochism!

No, I read the book.

I am ASSUMING that it was somewhat like the movie, although I'm not sure, hence one of the reasons I am asking the question.

Do any of you feel that this is a reflection on our species?

Well, the reason that I'm asking this, is I see some very disturbing parallels in this book (again, I didn't watch the movie), and I was wanting to get the rest of Sup Forums's take on the ethical considerations implied by the storyline.

Ender, Peter, the Bugs, Earth, etc...

>using a trip

As movies of books go it wasn't nearly as disappointing as some I've seen. What was really interesting to me was how people shat on it because Card is staunchly anti-gay. Never mind that he doesn't benefit financially from the movie, never mind that boycotting said movie hurts the people involved in it's making far more than is could ever hurt Card; he hates fags and that's it.

Its got a bunch of stupid looking Jew kids in it.
Irrelevant

what did you think of the ethical considerations of wiping out an entire species that was controlled telepathically, and were basically drones?

kys tripfag

Beans side predicts the whole internet war between russia, and america. Even has Sup Forums.

Wait, where was the chan reference?

don't you think the ethical consideration of destroying an entire species of hivemind drones is important?

>don't you think the ethical consideration of destroying an entire species of hivemind drones is important?

I mean, I know they don't really have free will, but does that mean it's okay to just arbitrarily exterminate them?

forgot pic.

Is it right to end billions of lives, just because they are drones?

>Were basically drones
Consider reading the rest of the books, né?

so close, yet so far.

youtube.com/watch?v=vBecM3CQVD8

these are some fairly severe ethical considerations.

I would have thought some discussion on the matter would be appropriate.

My appologies if this seems forced.

is it wrong to exterminate a planet full of drones?

>is it wrong to exterminate a planet full of drones?

youtube.com/watch?v=giaZnIr-faM

>is it wrong to exterminate a planet full of drones?

youtube.com/watch?v=_WTBkj8gFfI

There are three outcomes regarding culture.

>One culture dominates the other with war
>Both cultures coexist separately
>Multiculturalism results in one culture eating the other
there is no other way

No of course not. What the fuck are you some kind of Xenos lover?

>did the buggers deserve to die
they attacked humans, humans attacked back, buggers lost, don't start shit you can't finish.

Nobody could negotiate a peace.

>Is Xenocide okay?
Might makes right. History is written by the victors.

can you think of a fairly compelling reason to spare a planet full of mind controlled drones that is hell bent on your species destruction?

If you are against exterminating a hostile alien race you might want to get a towel to stem the blood flow from your massive vagina.

the most interesting concept to come out of Ender's Game is the character of peter wiggin.

peter wiggin is literally the personification of Sup Forums itself. he comes to dominate the entire meta-narrative of the internet, and of society itself, just by anonymously shitposting online (with the help of his sister valentine, of course).

you think Sup Forums is cool for playing a part to get trump elected in a US presidential election? peter wiggin fucking conquered the entire planet just by shitposting. the world's citizens BEGGED him to take the throne as Hegemon.

he is a reminder to always continue to think big, instead of simply resting on your laurels. today we can meme trump into office. tomorrow, our ideas can rule the world.

You guys know that your species is basically a bunch of mind controlled drones, hell bent on killing everything else in the universe, right?

I think the pussy is trying to say,

>BUT CAN'T WE JUST GET ALONG

while ignoring the fact that both species were attempting and failing to communicate. Hostilities did not stop, a cease fire could not be signaled. Earth had the choice of pretending that border conflicts with buggers didn't exist and waiting for the next invasion or to be proactive with a final solution.

Bugger ships were excellent, bugger tactics were excellent, humans were at every disadvantage until the Little Doctor. Even then Buggers had adapted to avoid Little Doctor the next engagement after its use.

Not my fault for being what I am.

>Not my fault for being what I am.
>I think the pussy is trying to say,

Can you think of a single reason to spare an entire species of mind controlled drones who are hell bent on your destruction?

I do not blame buggers for acting in their own interest.

You do not blame a wild animal for hunting and eating.

youtube.com/watch?v=SvFaGJLbovA

SOROS HACKED

>I do not blame buggers for acting in their own interest.

You are the buggers.

You specifically made a point how the buggers were a hivemind. When you say us, whether it's americans or humanity that's simply not true.

And?

Is there some revelation you expect me to see? Neither the buggers nor the humans were wrong. They could not communicate, they could not coexist peacefully, only one would survive.

>You specifically made a point how the buggers were a hivemind.

Are you not mind controlled by those in power?

In the second or third book it's revealed, that Ender has a big fetish on bug-queen. That he literally "sees" her as beautiful.
>but peter was handed the keys to the world
I would rather read a book about Peters life, instead of part 3 and 4 of Enders. He seems like a interesting guy. Instead Card gives you his clone, meh.

No but it is right to end billions of lives because they want to end yours

What did Ender mean by this?

>No but it is right to end billions of lives because they want to end yours

And you want to exterminate every alien species in the cosmos?

Because humanity fuck yeah?

This, although I'm not sure the human indivualist society could even create multiculturalism with a hive mind. I mean shit, those bugs make the USSR look like a Ron Paul campaign

>Because humanity fuck yeah?
Exactly.

So, is that humanities plan?

To conquer the universe?

That is the purpose of every species. Humans are just the best at doing it.

Buggers have queens, humans have every individual, the bugger hive is equivalent to a single autonomous person; wars for buggers is like shaking hands, but the loss of a queen is as significant as the death of any man woman or child

The buggers didn't understand this unless the game ender played was accessed by the buggers "somehow" and they came to realize their error

Imagine what it's like to realize you weren't wiping out colonies full of nonvolitional drones but were actually razing billions of single organism hives, wiping out countless numbers of your equals- that's what happened to the buggers during the wars of first contact

>Because humanity fuck yeah?
>Exactly.

So, If aliens DO exist, they shouldn't spare you?

So did everyone else in his group. It's been a while since I read that particular book but unless I'm wrong it was implied to be a sort of grotesque car-crash-in-slow-motion type of beautiful.

I dunno for sure though. I gave up after he wouldn't stop debating with a bunch of whiny black people about whether a horrifying alien disease that mutates and kills people should be stopped or not.

>That is the purpose of every species. Humans are just the best at doing it.

Are you?

Hello again, do you think they're worried about Michael even if they flaunt God?

>wars for buggers is like shaking hands

You fight wars to make shareholders rich, don't you?

>Buggers have queens

pic related.

>Hello again, do you think they're worried about Michael even if they flaunt God?

Whose god?

Buggers also have hyperspace telepathy.

Last thread reference, if you don't see me then you don't need eyes where we're going.

I welcome coexistance with alien species. But that implies that terms can be reached.

But I'm not going to accept my own extinction or enslavement with a premature surrender. Stop advocating cuck politics.

>these aliens we don't even know about might be more peaceful than us
>so we should kill ourselves

>these refugees who might be ISIS and come from ISIS territory, or anywhere really, we haven't vetted them are from the religion of peace
>because you're a white male you should kill yourself because you're a bugger
Multiculturalism is suicide.

>I welcome coexistance with alien species. But that implies that terms can be reached.

Can you prevent your people from waging war?

is that possible, even?

>Can you prevent your people from waging war?
Considering nuclear weapons haven't been used in war since 1945, yes.

How many major wars are going on? Maybe Syria and Iraq. Ukraine and Yemen are more regional, Africa is just niggers genociding niggers, nothing new. Afghanistan is skirmishes/guerilla.

War and casualties from war are minimal.

>Considering nuclear weapons haven't been used in war since 1945, yes.

mutually assured destruction is not applicable when you still wage proxy wars by deception for the same resources and territories, user.

>How many major wars are going on? Maybe Syria and Iraq. Ukraine and Yemen are more regional, Africa is just niggers genociding niggers, nothing new. Afghanistan is skirmishes/guerilla.

>War and casualties from war are minimal.

for you.

If an alien species identified itself tomorrow, would humanities owners immediately make plans to conquer them?

Would they then attempt to carry them out because it's "Good for business"?

i loved it until the C U C K took the egg and left the gf

I hate reading books and I liked this movie.

I'll happily let anyone read to me everynight til I fall asleep though.

>it doesn't count when both sides show restraint for (mostly) peaceful coexistence
kill yourself

>it doesn't count when both sides show restraint for (mostly) peaceful coexistence

Mutually assured destruction MEANS, that boths sides show restraint because NOT doing so would kill EVERYONE.

Again, this is not peaceful restraint, mercy, pity, empathy, or anything else...

It is fear of annihilation, which apparently is the only thing that CAN stay your hand.

Nope, it's all the desire for self-preservation, Humans just took the initiative and wiped out a potential threat. The bugs would have done the same to humanity to further propagate themselves.

Even Altruism is driven by self-interest in the long run, why do you think we developed that notion if it didn't benefit us. Why would you do anything if you knew it wouldn't help you eventually? You know you would do something to get something out of it, even deep down if it is prestige and reputation by your own peers.

Read the book

>Humans just took the initiative and wiped out a potential threat.

Everything is a potential threat, user.

Read it to me in your spanish accent.

i think the point of the movie was to show that we are drones as well, like the kid didnt even know he was destroying a planet, also , he send a lot of ships to certain death to protect the weapon, just like drones

>Read it to me in your spanish accent.

Should humanity be spared, or is it a potential threat?

esse

Bigger question is, do any alien races possess the cognitive capability to know we would become a threat? If there are, they would fight us, and whoever had the greater capability would triumph, that is the reality of war.

>do any alien races possess the cognitive capability to know we would become a threat?

yes.

Honestly any alien civilization to master space faring technology probably just slaps relativistic drives to astroids and slams them into any life bearing planets as they scoot across the stars.

It's kind of like that theory on von Neumann probes. If there was a advanced enough civilization to invent self replicating robots, that can travel space, the universe would be filled with them by now. Essentially wiping would every other civilization, not through war, but by harvesting of resources. It's just in their self interest to do so.

>Honestly any alien civilization to master space faring technology probably just slaps relativistic drives to astroids and slams them into any life bearing planets as they scoot across the stars.

only the potentially dangerous ones.

is humanity potentially dangerous to an extraterrestrial civilization?

I just watched this movie you fucking mind reading synchronicity bitch

>I just watched this movie you fucking mind reading synchronicity bitch

Dat hivemind, eh?

Depends if human seed is poisonous to them or not.

It depends on the leading culture at the time. I think if you took a popular vote amonst humanity at any given moment, the majority would always oppose war of self interests. However, that doesn't stop those in power who are more Machiavellian and greedy to put into place plans to destroy others, just for the sake of eliminating future threats of self interest.

>Depends if human seed is poisonous to them or not.

You're not their type, smallhead.

>popular vote amonst humanity

The book was breddy good. I didn't see the whole "hes actually controlling the fleet and comiting genocide" thing coming

>The book was breddy good. I didn't see the whole "hes actually controlling the fleet and comiting genocide" thing coming

neither did he.

I thought it was something gay like the holoweb

Dat Petra doh.

I'm just saying senpai. Not all humans are evil, but some are.

its full of pedo symbolism

buggers, eros, bugger queen eggs... etc

>I'm just saying senpai. Not all humans are evil, but some are.

The ones in charge are.

and that's all that matters, isn't it?

Read the book, Ender knew what was happening at least halfway through the simulations and started isolating himself in his room. Bean figured out how to blow up a planet with a drd mounted on a ship incapable of atmo rentry. Biggest difference of the movie, only one drd where the book had them mounted on everything

We are all driven by self-interest though, those who seek peace through negotiation are more long term driven and wanting the fewest casualties at the same time preserving resources. The belligerent want a quick solution and nobody can entirely blame them for wanting a potential threat removed which too can lead to long term self-interest.

The real vile ones are those that throw everyone under the bus to solely benefit themselves regardless if the system collapses. Wealth and power mean nothing if there is no monetary system to use those resources for, right? Money is useless and unless you have factories to process those raw resources, you aren't going to get much out of them.

>We are all driven by self-interest though

And aliens aren't?

>The real vile ones are those that throw everyone under the bus to solely benefit themselves regardless if the system collapses.

And those are the ones that lead you, human.

Those who kill without remorse just to make themselves richer.

The common pleb doesn't have the scope of self interest of a society though. So they are just looking after themselves and immediate friends and family, which isn't that dangerous to anyone.

It's indeed assholes in leadership positions you have to watch out for.

>It's indeed assholes in leadership positions you have to watch out for.

And also, what any extraterrestrial civilization would have to look out for, right?

The real problem with human society at the moment is that the self interests of the corrupt leadership is all humanity has really known. Thus, it's worked so far, so why would you stop? The Benevolent ruler idea is so far from comforting to your average man, because of the history of selfish leadership and distrust among common people. We actually find those who are ruthless more charming because at least they seem truthful to their position's character.

ENDER'S GAME
>tagline: "this is not a game"

Those cheeky bastards kek

>Thus, it's worked so far, so why would you stop?

Indeed, why would humanity ever have a reason to end it's conquest of everything in sight for the profit of greedy psychopaths?

That's a dishonest statement. It's only a few manipulating positions of power to do that, not all of humanity.

>That's a dishonest statement. It's only a few manipulating positions of power to do that, not all of humanity.

tell it to the plebs.

You are fucking retarded

>You are fucking retarded

You think aliens don't have your tech level, don't you?

You are fucking retarded, you do not understand logical thought.