POLL: Should flag-desecration be a crime?

Vote and discuss.

strawpoll.me/11761566

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Flag_Code
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Flag burning helps the Jews sell more flags. Why would anybody be against it?

Bump because I voted

There's a difference between being against a government or a system and being against the country as a whole. If you burn the American flag, you are affectly declaring yourself against the country. It's a minor act of treason.

It used to be, it should still be, and it will be. Just like bribing elected officials.

If anything its a great way to know which people need to be deported.

it should be just so police have an excuse to arrest all the paid riot mobs soros hires

I find it disrespectful to burn the flag of any sovereign nation. Should be classified as a hate crime.

Is taking a shit on your lawn free speech?

It's free speech. To me, it does not mean that person deserves respect. And I don't respect people who burn the American flag.

>be offended when flag gets burnt

>say nothing when the same flag is over a gigolo's junk or as a bikini worn by some skank

you guys should at least be consistent

I stand with Madame President!

Theres a pretty huge difference between the flags motif on a piece of clothing and an actual flag.

Its the long con. Trump is going to get the main stream media to call him out on him then call out Clinton on her hypocrisy for literally no reason what so ever.

Wearing the flag as any piece of clothing, even a tie, should be illegal.

but i agree flag burning (and all forms of disrespect) should be illegal

whats the difference? you could cut up a flag and sew it into a thong. When does it cease being a flag and becomes the clothing?

I've actually read somewhere that it's technically illegal to have the American flag on a piece of clothing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Flag_Code

>only 60 percent say yes
Fucking lolbertarians and 'muh property' fags. Can we make this an an-cap ball thread?

it's hate speech and therefore isn't protected by 1A

I think it's disrespectful but if we have freedom of speech it should be allowed. However no Western country has freedom of speech so it should be banned

That ain't free speech you fucking nigger, you're desicrating the symbol of free speech, you're burning away the people who gave their lives so you could have free speech, you don't deserve free speech if you burn the symbol that has giving you the right to have it. Those people need to move to Saudi Arabia or the middle fucking east see where that free speech gets them

I think it should be allowable, but if someone wants to come up and kick your ass for doing it I think that should be allowable as well. Like sure bud, go on and burn a flag, but now the law isn't going to protect you from a patriot kicking your ass.

I asked a bunch of stupid liberals if it was ok to burn the gay pride flag. They said it would be a hate crime. I see no hate since it represents something i dont agree with and the opression of people who think differently than them. So they called me a bigot and i asked what made them so morally supirior and they responded with basically the flag stands for opression and things i dont agree with. Are they really this dumb?

I wonder the number of leafs who voted...

Wearing the flag is considered disrespectful

So free speech doesn't include being able to criticize or argue against the idea of free speech itself?

I guess it come down to perspective.
Burning a flag itself isnt the issue for me, but rather as a tool to protest.
By burning a us flag in protest of the us, your own nation, you're basically condemning the very nation that made what you're doing possible.
A flag is a symbol, it's the identity of a nation. I see it as a representation of everything a nation stands for.
So by burning a flag to protest ONE thing you disagree with, you reject everything else a nation stands for.

>burning free speech = arguing free speech
A

Sure is statist cuck in here.

Even if all of that was true, it still doesn't matter.

People today keep trying to say "Burning the flag is wrong for this reason" "Burning the flag is disrespectful because of this!"

It doesn't matter. Seriously. It completely does not matter. Yes, it's disrespectful. Yes, it's shitting on the country. That's literally the entire point.

This government still decided that it's completely within someone's right to do so.

I never diasgreed with what you're saying, I just think it's a stupid way to convey a message.

kek

No, but expect to get your ass kicked.

death.
that's the way of these guys.
our supposed allies.
please remind me why we put up with these ppl.