Muh Sup Forums is religious board

How do you justify this?

Communism killed more than religion. Justify that instead.

Well, that's gonna change soon.

s/b many more

You can't. The grammar is atrocious.

Religion doesn't kill people, people kill people.

>religion killed much more people than cigarettes

you'd have to be retarded to believe that

The Crusades: 6,000,000
Thirty Years War: 11,500,000
French Wars of Religion: 4,000,000
Second Sudanese Civil War: 2,000,000
Lebanese Civil War: 250,000
Muslim Conquests of India: 80,000,000
Congolese Genocide (King Leopold II): 13,000,000
Armenian Genocide: 1,500,000
Rwandan Genocide: 800,000
Eighty Years' War: 1,000,000
Nigerian Civil War: 1,000,000
Great Peasants' Revolt: 250,000
First Sudanese Civil War: 1,000,000
Jewish Diaspora (Not Including the Holocaust): 1,000,000
The Holocaust (Jewish and Homosexual Deaths): 6,500,000
Islamic Terrorism Since 2000: 150,000
Iraq War: 500,000
US Western Expansion (Justified by "Manifest Destiny"):20,000,000
Atlantic Slave Trade (Justified by Christianity): 14,000,000
Aztec Human Sacrifice: 80,000
AIDS deaths in Africa largely due to opposition to condoms: 30,000,000
Spanish Inquisition: 5,000
TOTAL: 195,035,000 deaths in the name of religion.

many*

/thread

Also, why is all killing inherently bad?

following a faith/having a healthy sense of spirituality = better emotional composure = being less afraid of dying = more apt and vital, thanks to prayers and meditation = less anxiety and fear = living a good and just long life

atheists BTFO.

Pales in comparison to the kill count racked up by the commies, what's your excuse for the 100+ million dead left in the wake of communism?

Is their a reason why you pinko fucks aren't shedding your crocodile tears for those people?

You need to be stupid to believe in that

>all religions are equal
>everyone who kills in the name of a religion is always consistent with the religion's beliefs

>AIDS deaths in Africa largely due to opposition to condoms: 30,000,000
wtf I hate condoms now

less than half of those are religious you retard

>not including the Muslim wars

>posting the Bible
>not also the Torah
>forgetting the Chinese/Asians kill more people than the west ever could because they have always had a larger population

Seems like you missed the 60 million + christians that were rounded up and slaughtered by the Bolshevik kikes, shlomo.

>Also, why is all killing inherently bad?

you wipe out the dreams, apirations and consciousness of somebody if you kill an individual. even if it's just a little insect.
it's always bad because we don't know what happens after death. a life taken is a whole life lost. it's the opposite of an act of love too because love is about procreation (unless we talk about euthanasia of animals that can't be helped anymore.)

praise life and be happy to be alive and well.
god bless.

Name 10 people religion has killed. If you use one (1) instance of another person doing the killing you invalidate your claim. I want to see you jump thru hoops to find even 10 solid examples.

you probably believe this too

I'd love to be a devoted christian i really do but degenerate stuff is too much fun. can't I just renounce my previous actions on the death bed or something?

>killing people is inherently bad
i hate this meme

"guns dont kill people, people kill people" analogy works here

Does it count if it was religious suicide?

Maby so.
But religion is a great enabeler for people to want to kill.

oh right, I guess religions should have left barbarian hordes to keep raping humanity for all eternity

>Source: my ass.

>US western expansion: 20 million

Did you find that figure in your toilet after a night of got gyros and ouzo? There were 2 million Indians in all of North America, including Canada, in 1500 AD, and the population only declined from there. Blaming smallpox on religion is also a bit of a stretch

How about all those instances of people failing to successfully pray their kids healthy of medically curable illnesses?

Or do you need examples of people dying from excessive self-scourging?

How far back do you want to set those goalposts on a quibble?

Well, since it's true, he should believe it

Atheism isnt a dogma tho.
It has no orders of killing those of different faith.
Its like you're blaming on football all the killings carried out by footballers

"Religion kills " -Lenin

yeah but that would be a dumb generalization of the most precious ideal that's still technically in place, even in your analogy (which is not a good argument).
you talk about life-threatening adversity. if the barbarian hordes want to take lives randomly and basically just loot and kill, it's totally fine to intercept and take them out before they do even more damage. how would that not be justified? they wronged everyone else before.

so you agree that killing is not necessarily bad?

Religion has also saved a countless amount of human lives and improved the quality of lives for even more.

you do realize your analogy works for religion too right?, you are being hypocritical

Who cares? War is cool.

no because in your scenario the already unnecessary bloodshed led to even more bloodshed. none of that is inherently good.
you're just compartmentalizing that killing becomes necessary once your own life is threatened and in that particular situation alone it's not bad for you. it's all bad overall though because the whole situation just sucks.

The Bible has never killed important people, save for the native americans.

Put it as far back as you need fampai. Religion is an immaterial concept, it fundementally cannot hurt a single person let alone kill them.

People kill people, or people fail people and deaths happen.

>Failing to successfully pray their kids healthy of medically curable illnesses
>medically curable illnesses
Thats neglect by the parents, neglect stemming from life choices that just happen to be religion centered.
>people dying from excessive self-scourging
Do self harm to yourself and blame it on a religion, sounds like something a perfectly sound individual would do. Once again, the fault is on the person and their ill choices.

People making bad choices are the problem, same with cigarette deaths. Its a false equivalency that attempts to cover up the root problem - that at the end of the day we fuck up and there are consequences.

So does communism, cancer, heart desise and terrorism.

So is anything else, what's your point? Excuses.

You're also not making the distinction between religious killings and wars. If you want to say that all the people who were killed because of religious wars count towards the total amount of people killed by religion, then I think wars in the name of democracy has killed more people. Or as someone pointed out earlier, communism has killed far more people than the Crusaders ever did.

At best, you're just pretending Christianity is different from any other ideology people kill for because you don't support it, and at worst, you're mentally incapable of realizing that on your own.

I was going to break down why more than half of these are wrong, but it's easier to call you a retarded faggot.

The Holohoax, Aids, Iraq War, Congolese Genocide, Diaspora, Slave Trade, and US Western Expansion weren't done "in the name of religion". In the holohoax, you should appropriately label it a genocide AGAINST religious people in the name of the state.

How you even blame AIDS on religion is fucking retarded.

Sup Forums is by and large an American board. With this in mind you can come to the conclusion that indeed, pol is a Christian board.

Lets face facts here. Most Americans are gullible idiots. So it makes sense that they will believe in an old book that has zero evidence for its claims. The less intelligent the nation, the more religious they are, generally speaking. There is no point arguing with Americans about religion. They're so indoctrinated, that they will use fallacies and insults to justify their argument.

I chose the most violent religion so I'm a Mongolian Tengrist.

You do realize most of the scenarios in which killing happens dont just happen out of blue right?, its almost always in response to a threat

Kek, this retard. Im not even going to argue anymore, not worth it. Like 200 million even fucking matters when the world population is 8 billion. Just kys tbqh senpai.

>The less intelligent the nation, the more religious they are

ah, that must be why europeans are letting sandnigger hordes colonize their women, its a sign of ultimate intelligence

>religion isnt dogma

>atheism isnt a dogma

we are a board of peace

Reminder that 70 percent of atheists are liberals, making a disbelief in God literally the largest indicator of whether or not someone is leftist scum

it isn't tho

how can something without a set of universal tennants be dogmatic? Learn fuckin' english pablo

>sandnigger hordes

Grow up for fuck sake and stop using fallacies. Have you ever been to Europe? sandnigger hordes, jesus you're delusional.

>You do realize most of the scenarios in which killing happens dont just happen out of blue right?

says who? you technically don't need a reason to do something like that at all but usually there are reasons and they are usually profound.

>its almost always in response to a threat

if you mean something like famine and it's just all about very basic survival so you have something to eat then yes, that's a threat too.
but that comes from a different form of injustice that makes people suffer even though they shouldn't and it might turn them into criminals just so they get by.

also, I don't really see what you're getting at overall.
yes, life has threats and there are reasons for it.
not news to me.

>as you need
I'm not the one insisting that intangibles don't affect tangibles. Yeah, ideas don't kill people directly, but they do it indirectly.

Now go campaign to get Charlie Manson out of jail. He never personally murdered anyone, that's a terrible injustice.

yet you are here evangelizing the infidels

it is thoh

>how can something without a set of universal tennants
>implying

Sounds like you haven't researched it at all. There is plenty of historical evidence for many parts of the bible. The only faith part is if Jesus was raised from the dead or not. Even the pharisee said Jesus did his miracles through the power of satin which is very interesting considering that they wanted to deny him of all power and relevance to the Jewish population. And yes I realise the name Jews wasn't coined till later.

You should've used the Mudshit holybook. It's more appropriate.

Or the Talmud.

>national wars killed more than cigarettes
>let's ban countries

war in the ME? or just here? I bet you know

AIDS wouldn't be around if superstitious Christians (who don't believe in bacteria or disease) SILENCED the advocates in the 80's and cut all research for the fag disease. Christian missionaries in Africa today explain that God IS birth control. Condoms are evil, according to African Christian Missionary groups. So yeah not really that retarded to point out really

Sup Forums should think about opening a /religion/ board like over chans have.

Nationalism is the cause of all wars, we must get rid of borders and embrace globalism.

Satan*

economy is a new religion, muh 40 and 4

We do. includes religion and philosophy.

Oy vey! Remember the 100 gorillion!

>not including the Muslim wars

>Lebanese Civil War
>Crusades
>Terrorism
>Muslim Indi

Fucking hell a brit will spin any fucking topic into how inferior and stupid Americans are. All the time, without question. Why are you people so fucking butthurt all the time?

And that "daily reminder pol is a Christian board" thread with the same fucking image is always, always made under a British flag. And in every atheism debate it's always a brit that shows up with retarded hardcore religious views.

Fuck off you sad pitiful excuse of a former empire. You will never be relevant again.

wrong book faggot

>they will use fallacies and insults to justify their argument

Thanks for proving my point

>communism
An ideology hasn't killed anyone.
It's evil people who use the disguise of communism to cause atrocities who should be judged.
There have been communist regimes that haven't resulted in mass killings and that should be enough for anyone to be able to make a distinction between "communism" and communism.

>cancer
Is not caused by man in any way or form.

>heart disease
The causes for heart diseases (obesity, smoking, sedentary lifestyles, etc) are all known as well as how to prevent them, if people decide to become obese and kill themselves, that's their problem

>terrorism
Not all terrorists are bad.

Bullshit. People use any identity politics to kill eachother. Religion, race, nationality, sports teams, etc... I don't care why people kill eachother as long as they keep the war machine running.

>Jewish Diaspora (Not Including the Holocaust): 1,000,000

>The Holocaust (Jewish and Homosexual Deaths): 6,500,000

It's not wrong. Islam is on a rampage. We must stop them!

Stupid image.

Religion doesn't kill people, guns do.

>US Western Expansion (Justified by "Manifest Destiny"):20,000,000

kek

>Aztec Human Sacrifice: 80,000

TOPKEK

(They killed that many in just three festivals.)

That's what the bible says. Sin is pleasurable for a season, but its end is death. And by death, hell. And by hell, a lake of fire where the fire never goes out and you never die.

If sin sucked ass from the beginning to the fiery lake, nobody would want to sin.

Also, there are no "devout" Christians, just Christians. Be very wary of anyone who says they are a "devout" Christian, because they're likely a catholic or some other lost soul.

> There is plenty of historical evidence for many parts of the bible

What does this even mean? Are you saying that this applies to places, people or events? I would love to see this elusive evidence. Research the Sumerian tablets and you will find every story in the bible is derived from Sumer, every single story. 4000 years prior to the bible

underrated

>atheism isn't dogma

Heretic detected. It's no surprise you want to pretend there are no devout christians

Atheism is a dogma, there are things that are intrinsic to atheism and can't be denied if you are an atheist. Atheism already kills your soul, so every atheist counts as a death

This again?

People need to sage this shit. Based on this reasoning Physics is the number one killer of mankind.

Ducking angsty atheist terms just won't quit.

You'll see your heresy for what it is one day.

Jesus has saved more people than antibiotics.

Denying God at this point is ignorance.

JUST LOOK AT THE UNITED STATES OF SATAN

Elites devil worshiping, sacrificing children, cannibalis, illumanati.....

Literal Satanist's running the country and world

I MEAN C'MON, HELLO??? ANYBODY HOME?

>You'll see your heresy for what it is one day.
Literally no different than liberals claiming you are on the wrong side of history and that your comeuppance will be in the future by some higher power declaring you as the bad side

this

Say whaaaaa?

>How do you justify this?
Roman Catholicism has saved vast numbers of lives and does so daily.

Atheism saved no one . Ever.

>Roman Catholicism has saved vast numbers of lives and does so daily.
How so?

>Hitler
>"Atheist"

>The Crusades: 6,000,000
Majority due to secular power struggles
>Thirty Years War: 11,500,000
secular power struggle
>French Wars of Religion: 4,000,000
Vast majority of deaths actually Roman Catholics butchered wholesale during the terror.
>Second Sudanese Civil War: 2,000,000
Secular power struggle
>Lebanese Civil War: 250,000
secular power struggle
>Muslim Conquests of India: 80,000,000
No idea
>Congolese Genocide (King Leopold II): 13,000,000
How is this anything to do with religion, this was colonialism.
>Armenian Genocide: 1,500,000
National not religious
>Rwandan Genocide: 800,000
Tribal not religious
>Eighty Years' War: 1,000,000
Secular powers
>Nigerian Civil War: 1,000,000
secular powers
>Great Peasants' Revolt: 250,000
Civil powers
>First Sudanese Civil War: 1,000,000
Secular powers
>Jewish Diaspora (Not Including the Holocaust): 1,000,000
Secular powers
>The Holocaust (Jewish and Homosexual Deaths): 6,500,000
Secular powers

>Islamic Terrorism Since 2000: 150,000
>Iraq War: 500,000
>US Western Expansion (Justified by "Manifest Destiny"):20,000,000
>Atlantic Slave Trade (Justified by Christianity): 14,000,000
>Aztec Human Sacrifice: 80,000
>AIDS deaths in Africa largely due to opposition to condoms: 30,000,000
>Spanish Inquisition: 5,000
>TOTAL: 195,035,000 deaths in the name of religion.