All memes aside, why do we Americans give a shit about the flag?

All memes aside, why do we Americans give a shit about the flag?
>changes every time we get a new state
>"RED WHITE AND BLUE!!!!"
>90% of world flags are red, white, and blue
>"durr soldiers fought for it"

Other urls found in this thread:

gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-2011-title4/html/USCODE-2011-title4-chap1.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wonder whos behind this post?

It's not about Americans taking pride, everyone should have the same level of pride in their flag no matter where they are from. But they don't. People have no pride. Imagine if a Russian burned the Russian flag around a bunch of other russians? He'd get his skull caved in.

There are currently 4 threads up with this exact same image up on the catalog. Can you fucking stop

Thats not really a good argument to me, youre saying we should be more like vatniks?

It's a symbol of the nation.
Burning it is treasonous.
We need a way to remove the treasonous rats from the nation.

Not really. The saddest part is that in this particular scenario the Russians are sane where as they are usually kinda backwards. How embarrassing we cannot do such a simple thing like pride correctly.

>"durr soldiers fought for it"

This is funny to you?

It's a piece of cloth, and if your national pride is that fragile, then maybe you should rethink it

The tweet was to point out the proposed Flag protection act of 2005 that would have 1 year in jail and $100,000 fine would be costing notmypresident protesters daddies so much money and put them all in jail. And if you look at the supporting senators, it's Hillary Clinton.

A little yeah

If it makes leftists mad, then it must be good.

What about the first amendment?

>burning it is treasonous
Burning is the preferred way to dispose of a damaged American flag.
gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-2011-title4/html/USCODE-2011-title4-chap1.htm
ยง8(k)

But what about people like you with no nation? If you have no pride for this one then what do you have? What you should have is a 1 way ticket to mexico, but I'm asking.

Attacking that flag is attacking the symbol of our nation meaning you view the nation as your enemy.
At that point you should be viewed as an enemy of the state.

It's going to be getting the 2nd amendment treatment.

Not even the same situation.
That is an honorable burning.
Burning it to make a statement that you hate the nation is treasonous.

What about it? I was just explaining the tweet inb4 trolls and fags show up.

In a respectful manner and usually performed by veterans. That's is the way a flag is supposed to be disposed of, if it's old you take it to the VFW so they can dispose of it respectfully.

Its a symbol of the american people and everyone who cares takes it as a personal offense

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG

always this

>take away the freedom of speech, can't have opposing opinion!!!!

>"Nobody is more pro-Israel than me"

It probably would have triggered a court case, assuming it would have passed. But senators put their names on bills all the time knowing they will never pass just to get points from their constituency and virtue signal.

Wow, Hillary BTFO!!!! Im totally not voting for her!!!

I should be allowed to burn the Koran in public without people's outrage then.

you know what else is treasonous?
criticizing or questioning your government and head of state

Treason would be pulling a Lee Harvey Oswald. Sharing dumb tweets or FB posts about how much you dislike Obama or trump is just stupid pointless hot air.

You could start by not being triggered every time someone disrespects your precious flag. It's retarded to put such value into something like a flag

OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Someone doesn't understand nuance.
Skalia himself said that you can burn the flag and people can be outraged but the government cannot take action against you due to the first amendment.

So you can burn whatever you want in public and people of any type will be outraged but, no matter what, you're allowed to do it.

Freedom to do a thing is not freedom from the inherent consequences. The only entity that your free speech is protected from under the first amendment is the government

Hate speech is not free speech, mr. italian.

Burn that shit. But do the equal treatment, also burn a bible, Torah, L Ron Hubbard books, and the satanic bible

>An American
>The same people who spat and beat on their elderly parents for regulating the tax on their tea due to the Americans employing creative accounting on said tea
>"Why are flags important? Who cares! xDDD"

Your kind will be the first to meet a slow and brutal end on the day of the rope, along with your pink haired SJW fat STD riddled friends.

Why do you give a shit about the flag you faggot? Burning it to make a statement implies there is some symbolic meaning to it. You tell us, or stop making threads that contribute nothing to the board.

Easy take a look at the nations that dont care about their flag and youll see nothing but cuckoldry.

If he doesn't keep pointing out hypocrisy of the Dems the people will fall for it and we'll end up with Michael obama in 2020

>All memes aside, why do we Americans give a shit about the flag?
Because the American flag is a symbol. When someone desecrates it, it's disrespect not only to Americans but also to those that died for it, and some of whom aren't American.

Desecration of the flag is a show of disloyalty and disrespect to the American ideals and the American people. The moment an """American""" burns a flag for no good reason (not for proper and honorable disposal) is the moment they lose their right to call themselves as American and lose any protections they had. They're considered as traitorous enemies.

Such """Americans""" should either self-exile or be exiled by force.
>Exiled from the country or from life, whichever comes first

Suffer not traitors to live.

It doesn't exactly trigger me. I just don't want people to reap any benefits from a nation they don't like. A nation that enables them to have all they have, or don't have. It's like calling your mother a wore and expecting her to cook you your favorite tendies.

>Trump tweets about flag burning
>Runs news cycle with it
>Leftists get all over social media burning American flags
>Alienates people even further from leftism

MiteBChess

>Australia
>literally cucked by the British for 200 years after America said no to being Britain's bitch
Maybe get rid of that Union Jack still in your flag then you can talk about National pride. Canada may be a fucking leaf, but at least it's different

Pride for your country is just jew propaganda to get easier recruits.

There is literally no logical reason to be patriotic.

>OMG WE GOT REKT
YES YOU DID FAGGOTS NOW GO HOME

it hwrt mai fweeings

quick someone get a trigger warning safe space for this guy

>prison island tries to lecture others about ethics

Is your country better than syria, romaniabro?

Regretting voting for trump now. It's free expression and speech whether we like it or not. what if this board got shut down for hate speach? We can't be them faggots.

Well, aside from the flag being pretty, I assume you're talking about the whole burning thing. Its because its tantamount to them saying they hate America. If they live in the US and hate it, then most people here don't want them around and would prefer they leave. Its not hard to leave the US, so if they stay here and hate it then they're generally one of the following:

1. Too poor to afford moving. If they're poor enough that they can't afford to love, they're probably on welfare. Hating the country while on welfare spits in the face of the citizens helping them.
2. In the US with an ulterior motive. You probably don't want someone that is actively trying to sabotage you around either.
3. Such human garbage that no other country will accept them. It goes without saying why people wouldn't want them around.

Some of us have countries that aren't full of Roma and we like to celebrate that

how do drunk australian bogan meatpie eaters know more about my country than I do.

feelsbadman.

As far as I'm concerned, it can never hurt to give cops an more excuses to throw radical lefties behind bars

Yes, economically and culturally.

Does this mean that if someone insults the flag they should be stripped away from their freedom?

Not an argument.

Over here if you don't raise your flag for the independence day you get thrown to jail for a year.

Except in 1901 we federated peacefully and still uphold the monarchy as such. We aren't so spineless, cowardly and seditious as to spit on those that created us. It's called having mother land loyalty you disloyal faggot.

Sorry I can't hear you over all the lack of SJW shit here and being much more white than America, go suck on Israel's mutilated cock mate.

>THREE CHEERS FOR THE RED WHITE AND BLUE!
>we gained our independence from a country with the exact same colors
>our flag is based off a flag that had their flag in it
>our first national anthem was literally God Save the King with different lyrics
>our current national anthem is another British song with new lyrics

I like my country, but people get too retardedly patriotic.

If they're Syrian yes. Like most of the people who burn flags here are ungrateful nogs and Marxist spics.

>why do Americans hive a shit about the flag?
It represents your country, its heritage, its ideas, traditions and what it stands for you retard.
People have fought and died for the flag that represents their home, family, friends and the place that gives them hope to come back, where they're happy, it represents all that.
>we get one start everytime we get a new state
You haven't added a state to the union since '59
Also pretty much everyone who burns flags left wing nu-males, SJW, commies, spics and niggers who only like the country for their gibs and wouldn't care if all of the heritage, history, tradition and ideals get thrown to the trash, because all they want is money and when things don't go their way the show their true colors burning what essentially represents the nation.

Look, as it goes with the shame routine, you're free to burn a flag, just don't be surprised when you have the life nearly beaten out of you.

Because millions of our people fought and died for what the flag symbolizes

>Chile
>getting thrown in jail for not raising a flag
Thank you Paco for proving my point

Yes. Its a preventative thing. If someone stood outside your house burning pictures of your family, you would probably want to do something about that before they do something worse. If someone is here and hates the country enough to symbolically burn it, then they should be removed before they do something dangerous to someone that isn't a cunt.

So if another world leader calls your leader a fag it's ok to start a war right? It's for patriotism after all.

it's better than living in cuckland where being patriotic is somehow associated with being a racist

Don't you have a stolen generation to apologize for

fucking bolivia schooling burgers.

feels ashamed man.

>tfw no bolivia pics. maybe I should watch butch cassidy again.

Battlefield Earth was a good book though

Because British patriotism is motivated by wanting migrants out not by love for your ancestry.

Nvm I'm retarded he's playing 9th dimensional chess.

Those don't equate, don't change the subject. Is it alright for foreign hordes to disrespect your homeland? That's what we are discussing. Not world leaders, gypsy.

If you don't like the country you could always leave.

"people" talking about the flag as if it's just a piece of cloth are not Americans, m8
they're vagrant niggers, spics and kikes that have no understanding of what it means

Americans literally don't have enough history to feel their cultural heritage in their bones so they invest their 'patriotism' in their flag. It comes from being insecure about their young country.

>where being patriotic is somehow associated with being a racist

It only seems that way to YOU because you don't recognize patriotism unless it's coming from a fellow racist.

>symbolism and metaphors literally do not exist and are not real

1 person is enough to kill 1 family using violence, but not overthrow a country. Some guy burning a flag IS NOT A THREAT, it's just an insult.

It's a masonic dish rag for a country destined for collapse.

I don't give a damn about it.

I have a problem with the fucks that are burning it because they want to do the same thing to the White race.

I just reported your post for illegal content.

This is literally the only other solution people ever give when people call out the retarded cult of patriotism here in the US
>makes us take the pledge everyday while in grade school
>national anthem before everything
>Literally stole half our customs from Britain
God dammit

>Because millions of our people fought and died for what the flag symbolizes
>millions
Hundreds of thousands, about a third of which died in the Civil War

>white race

What a meaningless term. What is your blood? If you're not from the British isles you have to go back.

Our country was quite literally founded and worked by people from England, Wales, Scotland etc.
It makes sense you retarded beaner.

One person can be a threat to innocents, and I don't want to allow them to stay in my country to let that happen when they've demonstrated they don't want to be here.

Bro you're an idiot. What if the government gets abusive. You might like the law today but what if the government gets really abusive about the freedom of speech.

Can't insult the country today
Can't insult the leadership tomorrow

>Jewnited States of Amurrica!
ftfy

>What a meaningless term
You say Whites don't exist so that the idea of Whites being subjected to GENOCIDE might be dismissed.

>What is your blood?
German, Irish, and Russian mostly. aka White.

Oh wait...you're not one of those idiots claiming ethnicity is race, are you?

>If you're not from the British isles you have to go back.
lmao...Thus proving you "patriotic conservatives" are in reality, anti-White.

This isn't the 1800s, no one cares if you're a WASP anymore you retarded faggot.

>There is literally no logical reason to be patriotic

so the opposite must be true in that there is no logical reason to be unpatriotic

>muh slippery slope

Get fucked. One does not lead to another. I do not want people that are actively malicious against my country and its people living here. They can leave, or go live in prison. If you think its a good idea to keep around people that are openly hostile to you, well, that's how you end up with Romania

Irish and Russians are basically the niggers of Europe you retarded fuck

>changes every time we get a new state

But it also stays the same. We add a star every time we add a state, and it has always represented the same thing since the founding of the country.

Plus, at least it's not this.

Patriotism is the idea that we function better if we support each other. It is a good thing. A community does not thrive when its own people hate it.

Doesn't matter. Free speech allows you to love your country and hate it.

If the government was openly against freedom would you still love your country?

It was the jews who said for over a year that hate or offensive speech isn't free speech. Burning the flag is offensive to patriots and conservatives so why the double standard?

>Irish and Russians are basically the niggers of Europe you retarded fuck
Of course you'd say that, you're anti-White.

To you, amurrica could become 100% non-White and you'd be fine with that just as long as your 401k remained somewhat intact.

That's because you "patriotic cuckservatives" don't care about the survival of the White race, you only care about your shekels.

>openly hostile to you

That's already illegal. The point of the conversation isn't against hostility, it's against insulting the country.

Burning a flag is not insulting. Nobody is offended by a flag being burned. Burning a flag is a hostile declaration that you do not like the thing it represents. And it is a bad idea to allow someone that does not like your country to live in your country.

So you don't want to live in a first world country like us?

People lived and died for it. You wouldn't go around kicking over gravestones, Jill?

>you're not allowed to hate the way a country is being governed

If your government was against your interests, would you still love it?