Soo

Why can you decide what I can/can't do with my own property?

You can do whatever you want, but it's a dick move. Go do it in public if you feel so strongly about it. No? Didn't think so.

you can burn your flag
i can hate you for it
the government cant deny you your freedom for doing it

If you hate your country enough to burn it's flag why are you still there?

>the government cant deny you your freedom for doing it

uhhhhh....apparently some people (ie Donald Trump) think they can/should....

and he can have whatever beliefs he wants, just like you. guess its a good thing he is the president of a republic and not an authoritarian dictator.

>apparently some people (ie Donald Trump) think they can/should....
Hillary Clinton and Trump actually agree on this matter. This tweet from President Elect Trump does 2 things:

It traps liberals into fighting for their "constitutional right" of free speech.....Even though their choice in a leader Hillary wanted the same thing in 2005.

The second thing this does is trap liberals into vehemently defending the constitution, so that they cannot continue to cry about the second amendment.

So, it is funny that no matter where you sit on the political spectrum there is no real argument without being a hypocrite.

Do you have a fire permit? No? Then Arson son.

It isn't okay. People who support banning flag burning are unamerican faggots.

No. It offends the fee fees of nationalists somehow at the same time in love with Qur'an burning.

No-one should give a fuck about what you burn, so long as it's yours. Burn your fucking house down for all I care. That said, burning the flag is a vapid, empty, pointless, and stupid gesture, which only serves in making you look like an ass. Good luck with that.

Can I burn a Qur'an? Is that not free speech? Do I need a fire permit to burn one? If I burn any other book, do I need a fire permit for that? If burn any other piece of cloth, do I need a fire permit?

Stars and Stripes isn't your property. It's a symbol of the United States
Burning it is literally treason

Underrated

Because nationalism is an asset

Let's not forget Hillary tried the same shit.

let's see

18 U.S. Code ยง 700 - Desecration of the flag of the United States - Federal law

(1) Whoever knowingly mutilates, defaces, physically defiles, burns, maintains on the floor or ground, or tramples upon any flag of the United States shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both.

The laws already exist, Trump just needs the supreme court to acknowlegde that it's not protected under the first and nothing else has to be done about it.

There have been multiple Supreme Court rulings affirming the right to burn the flag under free speech. Trump is just baiting the right and left. Sup Forums is getting more desperate with each passing day.

No one can stop you burning it in private.
Burning it in the streets is a different story.

He is, but it's not the sort of thing you can ignore either, or support for the idea spreads. It's a tired old attack pulled out by the republicans and their imaginary rashes of flag burnings, but it's also an important issue. The public needs to be reminded why free speech is important.

I'm fine with private burning: this is literally the only proper way to dispose of a frayed or ripped flag (which should incur a fine if flown).

Public burning of the American flag while a bunch of mexilennials whoop and cartwheel around with Mexican flags hanging from their eyebrows should be illegal.

>Why can you decide what I can/can't do with my own property?