What do you think is the only viable energy source in the long run?

What do you think is the only viable energy source in the long run?

I think it is wind/hydroelectric, since it will theoretically never "run out" , compared to coal, nuclear, solar, all of which require scarce materials.

Nuclear could be viable if wind/hydro can't, though the process could be refined, e.g. reusing the nuclear waste. I also see potential in solar energy, if it wasn't for the rare metals needed in building solar panels.
>inb4 radioactive materials are rarer
>pic unrelated

Unpaid nigger labor

Also, though geothermal can also never "run out", its environmental effects are as hazardous as coal/fossil fuels.

>niggers
>in the long run
they'll all be dead in the future coz ebola/aids/hiv/darwinism

>thorium
>scarce

giant sterling engine

by scarce I meant it will be depleted once enough time passes

Niggawatts

Don't solar and wind depend on batteries which depend on rare earth metals which we're running out of or something?

Actually my dear leaf slavery was becoming more and more innefficient towards the height of civil war tensions

Yes, like I said, I only think they(solar/nuclear) will be options if, for some reason, wind/hydro isn't viable.

Dark matter

>E=mc^2
I do not think that we will ever reach that in our lifetime.

>I think it is wind/hydroelectric
>not nuclear
You're retarded.
>run out" , compared to coal, nuclear,
We hsve the fuel to powet nuclear reactors for thousands of years.

Some form of solar derrived diesel. Ie algae farms in the oceans which can be processed into fuel. All energy except nuclear is directly derrived from the sun. Efficiently/economically harvesting that ebergy is the epitomy o

Kek wills it

>retarded
I'm just not talking about the power generated, but its effects on the environment.
>We hsve the fuel to powet nuclear reactors for thousands of years.
We wouldn't reach a thousand years due to all the nuclear waste, with today's technology. Even if we somehow had the tech to recycle 99% of nuclear waste, the fuel will still become depleted.

>trying to predict what our energy sources will be 1000 years from now

Do you think peasants could have predicted we'd be playing around with reactors that contain plasma at millions of degrees now, back in the 11th century?

The day of the rake cannot come soon enough

A dyson sphere over the sun

>the endgame for energy is a deus ex machina that fixes all our problems
How fun!

nuclear is the future (in my opinion) I know just about jack shit about energy though, being a sys admin.

The sun is the most obvious one, but we need to develop better technology to exploit it.

Fucking plants figured this out millions of years ago. I'm sure we could make it work too if we gave a shit.

actual long run? a ring of solar power collection satellites that beams microwave power to anywhere in the solar system supplemented by advanced fusion reactors.

for earth a combination of renewables and advanced geothermal power, for other bodies, depends on how close to the sun, is there an atmosphere, is there stuff that can be burnt like methane, etc.

If we could somehow burn shitloads of fossil fuels on Mars it would kick off terraforming.

or some more advanced way of generating energy, like creating tiny black holes and firing hydrogen atoms around them to generate heat or a quantum vacuum generator or something with the Casimir effect.

>its effects on the environment.
And nuclear is the cleanest and safest game in town.