Without memeing and in your own words explain in detail how burning a flag is a valid form of political protest

without memeing and in your own words explain in detail how burning a flag is a valid form of political protest

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Eichman
youtu.be/NQfRudgAvns
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It isn't

I wish a Europoor or some other third world shitskin would come the fuck over here and try to burn this flag. You will get your shit stomped the fuck in by a random passerby I fucking guarantee it.

I fucking dare you faggots

USIDF shills are active tonight

>that post
>an argument
pick one

I live in a part of America that gets a lot of tourism. Europeans come here and always have something to say about how shitty America is. I swear, they come to America just to bitch about America to Americans. Why do Euroniggers do this?

There is no meme. It is protected free speech under the First Amendment.

read op again retard

Just fucking fly the flag upside down. At least then you can still claim to care for your country while portraying it as broken. Fuck flag burners.

Okay aside from sounding like a butthurt commie burning a flag, isn't flag burning as American as Apple Pie? Isn't there a passage in old American law / constitution about how to properly dispose of American flags, by burning them?

While flag desecration – like virulent ethnic and religious epithets, vulgar repudiations of the draft, and scurrilous caricatures – is deeply offensive to many, "the Government may not prohibit the expression of an idea simply because society finds the idea itself offensive or disagreeable."

It triggers tiny-dicked "muh country" conservatives, that's all it needs to do.

Because the supreme court said so.

How do you define "valid"?

Its not. Anyone that burns their nations flag in hopes of it helping their protest is a moron

The U.S. military burns them all the time. What's the big deal?

>Imma burn dis flag because Drumpfs

>NOT MY FUCKING PRESIDENT

Because black lives matter, cunt

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Eichman

Hey its this thread again!

Burning old, worn out flags is acceptable. Burning it in the streets with your manbun, and skinny jeans, and crying about some perceived injustice that isn't actually happening is a different story.

It's like saying fuck you to rednecks but without the added danger of getting your head stomped in

because they are jealous thats why, their entire fucking union of 28 countries still cant do shit the U.S doesnt want them to

>"in your own words"
american reading comprehension

Who gets to decide which forms of protest are valid or invalid? Do you understand what "freedom" is OP?

>Leaf
>Understanding of American constitutional law

FPBP, talk about shitting on your own door step, by burning the flag your also burning the bridge of change.

Flag burners shouldn't be allowed to vote

op got trumptrolled, kek'n hard @u senpai

Really not that hard, leaf.

>The flag represents the country as a collective.
>You dislike what the leadership of that collective is doing.
>You burn the flag as a visual metaphor for your disagreement, a non-violent gesture indicating that the current leadership (or whatever you are disagreeing with) should be destroyed.

Or

>The flag represents the ideal of freedom.
>You believe that freedom is being infringed upon.
>You burn the flag as a visual metaphor for freedom being destroyed.

The country whose flag you are burning. You can do plenty of other things to protest. Burning the flag is fine, if you intend to fight said government in a war, and fully expect a militarized response. otherwise it is a childish and autistic action.

we just thought you ought to know these things.

>A fucking leaf

If you outlaw burning the flag, you might as well outlaw everything that criticizes America. You faggots love free speech until it threatens American exceptionalism. When that happens, conservacucks are on par with SJWs with their bitchy offended tantrums. They'll shout "just leave if you don't like Murica!" because they have no real argument. You might not like how people protest, and I certainly am not degenerate enough to go wasting my time burning a piece of fucking cloth as a form of protest, but you can't make a a law banning the burning of the flag without it being a step towards an Orwellian dystopia.

>implying you have a right to criticizes something you wish to be no part of.
you should have just given black people some land to them self.

So where do you draw the line?

>be in america
>have rights under the flag
>burn flag that affords you the rights
>then use those rights as a defense for the burning

No amount of spin can change this.
It is literally fucking autistic and should be a 100,000 dollar fine and 1 year in the penitentiary

Marine here,

Flying US flag upside down, shows distress.

You aren't part of Europe anymore bong, he's not talking to you

It's a means of expression of dislike with the country -- maybe specifically a leader or law, etc. -- that causes no harm; well, aside from someone's feelings, but the 1st Amendment protects speech from feelings.

Morons are given the right to have their speech -- clearly.

Burning an old worn out flag in private, while having a beer and saluting your country. Anything other than that is degenerate.

>If you outlaw burning the flag, you might as well outlaw everything that criticizes America.
slippery slope is not an argument

A flag burning amendment is a waste of political capital, hopefully Trump is just baiting libtards into burning flags.

>Slippy slope is not an argument
banning burning the flag is a slippy slope argument, dumb leaf. It's a slippy slope towards authoritarianism, but again, cuckolds like you don't understand freedom

nothing good comes of leftism. this is just an excuse to lock them up, which we should be doing to begin with. it won't ruin free speech for anyone that matters.

Wrong. This country's government doesn't just get to do whatever it wants. This government's power was limited at its inception. The people are free. The government is not. America.

>to be cucked this hard

Man, i almost feel sorry for you

> implying that you don't have a right to criticize your own country

I don't think anybody disagrees that burning a flag is retarded. It accomplishes nothing, and only serves to make you look like an ass. But that doesn't mean there should be a law against it because it might offend the "America is the greatest country on Earth" fucktards. That'd be stomping on the 1st amendment.

That concept died a long time ago, user. We are not free at all, true freedom only exists in the animal kingdom, but we are fucking that up too.

That's not what autistic or literally mean.

>burn flag that affords you the rights
I didn't realize the first amendment was written on the flag.

Slippery slope is a fallacy. Your argument is literally a fallacy.

I don't give a shit about any flag and still to this day think the respect we are expected to have for them and the cult like oath we had to say in school is some massive inside joke, but I myself would never burn one. Out of respect for the people that do care about them and think they are some sacred object, not for the flag itself. Shit I bet on the back of half of them they say "made in China". That being said if you no longer think your country stands for what that flag once did then burning it is a somewhat understandable display of protest in the right context. Pissing and shitting on them is the complete opposite though and furthering the point that the country is fucked.

If some dude went to a public place to burn pictures of your family would it bother you?

Burn a American flag around me ill knock you out.

I dont have the time or desire to tell you why you are an idiot. But we all know you feel it in your gut, so that is good enough.

its more of a moral fiber thing, which shows basic lack of understanding for morals princables, and protacols.
the most relievent law i can think of would be the samartans law, which it would be illegal not to stop and help someone in need.
the law is in effect in china i believe, sadly it has a revise effect what with people avioding trouble like the plauge, and not reporting violations of the law.
we've never passed the law because people should do stop and help people anyway, but in an incressingly multi-cultural society, social "norms" decay

except for the fact that burning the flag IS a form of criticism against America. So leaf, if you're in favor of taking away that right of criticism (literally having a fucking fit over a piece of cloth), why are you not in favor of censoring all the other criticisms of the country and its government? Because that's what this comes down to. A form of censorship. Is this country not built on the idea that we the people have the right to criticize the State without fearing consequence? The flag is representative of the State.

>I-I don't have an argument so I'm going to try and save face by saying you're a big dumb meanie!

Okay, sport.

He tried defending a slippery slope argument using a slippery slope argument.

if i own it its my property and i have a right to use it as i see fit which includes using it as kindling or a torch

youtu.be/NQfRudgAvns

You are too dumb to waste time on kiddo.

>not written on the flag

That is just a retarded thing to say, there is nothing else needed to prove that. Regardless, here you go:
You lack the basic understanding that the right to free speech is protected by the USA, the flag is a symbol of the USA. You cant go to most countries and burn their flag and cite your right to free speech in the USA and get away with it. The rights dont have to be written on the flag, it isnt that hard to wrap your head around.

no one likes flag burners, but they have the right to do so, both by the constitution and by legal precedent