Red pill me on gun control

I am giving a speech about gun control this week. Give me all of your best infographs/stats and arguments. I need to red pill my cucked class.

Other urls found in this thread:

theacru.org/harvard_study_gun_control_is_counterproductive/
usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/25/study-using-guns-for-defense-leads-to-fewer-injuries
businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-27/how-often-do-we-use-guns-in-self-defense
leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2012a/commsumm.nsf/b4a3962433b52fa787256e5f00670a71/5de089825c00843e872579b80079912d/$FILE/SenState0305AttachB.pdf
law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf
hoplofobia.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Armed-Resistance-to-Crime.pdf
libertyfirearmstraining.com/blog/2013/05/16/criminals-fear-armed-citizens-more-than-they-do-the-police/
nytimes.com/2015/10/09/upshot/gun-deaths-are-mostly-suicides.html?_r=0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate
theage.com.au/interactive/2016/gun-city/day1.html
ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2012.xls
i.imgur.com/ikEp2bz.png
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just wanted to post this image

Since they are chucked, make sure to mention all the doctors (Mussolini, Hitler, etc.) all supported the exact same gun control as some Democratic law makers.

Remember, to cucks, feelings are better than facts

Ask why they hate women. Women are the group who are abused and raped the most and are the ones who most benefit from carrying a firearm to level the playing field when it comes to physical differences.

So basically ask them why they support the rape and murder of women.

Remind them about the Democrats voting for gun control to hold back minorities from standing up for themselves. That was back in the 1930s or 40s.

Is it cucked to have a .22 pistol?

> Harvard study detailing how gun control is counter productive and a waste of valuable police resources

theacru.org/harvard_study_gun_control_is_counterproductive/

usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/25/study-using-guns-for-defense-leads-to-fewer-injuries
>Citing four separate studies between 1988-2004, the assessment from the Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council says crime victims who use guns in self-defense have consistently lower injury rates than victims who use other strategies to protect themselves (other strategies include stalling, calling the police or using weapons such as knives or baseball bats).

businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-27/how-often-do-we-use-guns-in-self-defense
>Hemenway finds more reliable an annual federal government research project, called the National Crime Victimization Survey, which yields estimates in the neighborhood of 100,000 defensive gun uses per year. Making various reasonable-sounding adjustments, other social scientists have suggested that perhaps a figure somewhere between 250,000 and 370,000 might be more accurate.

leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2012a/commsumm.nsf/b4a3962433b52fa787256e5f00670a71/5de089825c00843e872579b80079912d/$FILE/SenState0305AttachB.pdf
>Upon interviewing convicted felons, these researchers found that
>74% indicated that burglars avoided occupied dwellings, due to fears of being shot
>57% said that most criminals feared armed citizens more than the police
>40% of the felons had been deterred from committing a particular crime, because they believed that the potential victim was armed

law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf
hoplofobia.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Armed-Resistance-to-Crime.pdf
libertyfirearmstraining.com/blog/2013/05/16/criminals-fear-armed-citizens-more-than-they-do-the-police/

nice. bumping for more infographics / links / studies

Stefan Molyneaux

He will show you the way. That's all you need to know

In 2013 the US population was roughly 316.5 million.

That year there were 2,596,993 deaths from all causes.

The number one killer of Americans was heart disease at 611,105 deaths for 23.5% of death total

Cancer came in second at 584,881 for 22.5%

Chronic lower respiratory disease killed 149,205 people for 5.7%

You'll notice I haven't mentioned guns, the scourge of American society yet. I'm getting there.

Accidents, like drowning or falling and hitting your head in the shower killed 130,557 people for another 5% of total deaths. We are some clumsy fuckers

Stroke killed 128,978 (4.9%). Need to watch that blood pressure, kids.

Alzheimer's killed 84,767 (3.2%). Getting old sucks.

Diabetes killed 75,578 (2.9%)

Pneumonia got 56,979 or 2.1% and Kidney failure killed 47,112 people or 1.8% of all deaths

Well there's all the major diseases out of the way, so guns must be next, right?

No. Poisoning deaths were 48,545 at 1.8% Think about that for a minute. Accidentally drinking drain cleaner is higher on the list than being shot

All forms of suicide (yes, including guns) were 41,149 (1.5%)

Drug overdose accounted for 43,663 lives (1.6%)
35,663 (1.3%) were unintentional with the remainder ruled suicide.

Death by motor vehicle got 33,804 (1.3%)

And finally, at the bottom, are guns.

Guns were used to kill 33,364 Americans for 1.2% of the death toll.

21,175 gun deaths were suicide, two thirds of all gun deaths, at 0.8% of the death toll

Non suicide gun deaths, which included accidents, justified homicide and murder, totaled 12,189

A whole 0.4% of all fatalities.

A statistically insignificant number. It's not much of a problem compared to everything else. You are literally ten times more likely to slip and fall in the shower and DIE in America then to be shot to death.

The anti gun hype is bullshit.

Check the archive.

We have about 10 of these terrible threads a day.

this is all I've got, its breddy gud tho

You shouldn't be able to outgun police or military. Police faced problems with this during the prohibition era dealing with criminals who had tommyguns juxtaposed to regular revolvers. This would be the equivalent of criminals having regular access to assault rifles that our armies use, gunning down police who wouldn't have access to this.

Using the colloquial definition of "spree shooting" (targeted attack on a public place), there are roughly 30 fatalities in the average year.

Using the FBI definiton (any shooting event involving 4+ fatalities) there are something in the ballpark of 120.

Either way, it's statistical noise. A complete non-issue in a nation of 320,000,000 people.

Do your own work, pussy. Why should anybody be convinced of your arguments if you can't even make them yourself?

I bet you're a smug little asshole in real life. Fuck you, I hope you fail.

t. professor

Were we supposed to be able to read that?

no relationship between gun access and homicide rate world wide.

Most common arguments against guns are that we have way more "gun deaths" - truth is 60% of those are suicides nytimes.com/2015/10/09/upshot/gun-deaths-are-mostly-suicides.html?_r=0 and our suicide rate is fairly average en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

Also look up a graph of before and after homicide rate (not gun death rate) for UK, Australia or any other liberal utopia that is now free of violence and see how much the number of homicides per year changed

If someone brings up assault weapons bring up kiddy pools(assault pools) kill 10x as many

beautiful

theage.com.au/interactive/2016/gun-city/day1.html

Note: Outgun. Equivalence is fine, just they shouldn't have access to weapons that outgun police. Police do have assault rifles I believe. Heavy machine guns such as the classic M60 I don't know if police have access to.

I like this thread

nah user, cheap target practice. especially fun suppressed.

Only if you don't use it against the father of your wife's son.

>phoneposters
open the file, not the thumbnail

Pic related is showing the results of predicting homicide rates state by state using demographics. Next post will show something that your class won't like.

Same thing, but gun ownership rates by state were included. It didn't add any predictive value, meaning that more or less gun don't have much of an effect. It's all demographics. Mainly blacks.

>Note: Outgun. Equivalence is fine

That's a nice opinion you have there.

It's a moot point though because we already give our police and military access to the best available, we are not some third world shithole like mexico where we have cartels roaming around better armed than our law enforcement or military.

In fact, here is a bonus pic for ya.

>doctors
Il Duce, M.D.

This is key, the last line "Shall not be infringed" and remember, we have unlienable rights not unalienable rights. Look up the definition in Blacks Law Dictionary. The government has no right to restrict or take away any right, to include making people purchase a concealed carry permit. It is only through silence by consent where an unconstitutional law becomes enforceable.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

please don't try to meme about guns making you safety

the safety meme needs to die, we're overpopulated and oversensitive

just compare the situation to its extremes

100% of people who breathe die, are we going to ban breathing? Walking? Talking?

That seem extreme? How about alcohol? Tobacco? Weed? Sex? Nightclubs?

and we know most black homicide are black on black crimes

ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2012.xls

>being stuck to one place to shitpost on Sup Forums
>not being able to shitpost where ever you go
Go ahead, point and laugh, but bear in mind that three point back.

This just shows that there's only a legalistic argument in America, and law can be changed.

Argue from the right to self defence, and in modern times the necessity to be adequately armed to be able to properly exercise this right.

SHALL

Here in Canada, getting a Non restricted PAL is not too terrible. However getting hand guns requires a lot more red tape.

All legally owned hand guns in Canada must be registered.

94% of gun crimes in Canada are committed with handguns.

100% of those handguns are unregistered.

So basically gun control doesn't do shit.

Nice AR-46
Do you have the extended assault clip for it?

Your picture is kinda shit and a 0.6 r2 is kinda shitty. Not that I disagree with you in the least. Just... you might as well not include it.

If you go to one of my plots above that where I included median income, median age and population density, you can remove those and still get similar results. Race/ethnicity is huge when looking at crime.

The main purpose of the 2nd Amendment was to equalize the power between the people and the government. A leader who wants to forcefully take over will think twice before turning the nation a totalitarian state, while the entire population is fully armed.

All gun control does is centralize gun ownership from the people to the government. All governments have been always been nice, wholesome entities, right?

fuck my grammar

State Gun Laws have no correlation with Homicide rates.

i.imgur.com/ikEp2bz.png

That corresponds to a correlation of .78. That's hardly shitty at all when dealing with that kind of data. This isn't physics we're dealing with, it's people.

Forgot image

Also, here are the gun laws for Switzerland.

NOT

What there needs to be is a comprehensive study involving spree/mass shooters and the general populace, comparing those who have mental illnesses and those who don't in both categories (I'd venture that the former category is fairly damn filled with mental cases). There should also be a study done (perhaps as part of this one, or parrallel to it) where we see those with stable homes with guardians/parents/role models who take them hunting, shooting or even just teach them about responsible gun ownership and gun safety; and those where none of this happens.

I'd venture that a good combination of shit "gun education", unstable environments and unstable mental health makes up almost the entirety of the spree/mass shootings that Americans have so often and the media gets in a tizzy about, and that stable homes with good "gun education" have prevented a shit ton of potential shootings.

WTF, car control now!

>meatspin
>doggy bdsm

IIRC James Holmes (Aurora theatre shooter) had actually attempted to get himself committed prior to the offense.

So if that says anything, it's that some portion of mass shooters would rather receive psychiatric treatment than go through with their plan.

>that Americans have so often and the media gets in a tizzy about

We don't really have them that often though and the single factor besides guns that is a constant between them is prescription psych meds.

To be fair, aren't the states with more gun laws the ones with big, crime/minority-ridden cities?

Don't see the problem with owning a .22 pistol, as long as you aren't using it for self-defense.

If you are using it for self-defense, then it had better be the only firearm you own. It's a very dumb idea to be using such an underpowered weapon (with most .22 pistols only having a capacity of 10+1 rounds) when there are far better options out there.

2ND amendment is out of date, it was written when muskets were the norm, doesn't matter any way, no militia could fight the government. They seriously need to change it.

refuse to debate. the bill of rights isn't an argument

Isn't an amendment supposed to be ... You know... Amended? I mean you've done it before, why not do it again?

There is no expiration date on our rights.

BE

what about all the other rights you used to have, like the right to own slaves, they expired...

Have you read the second amendment? It is extremely clear. Guns that shoot bullets should not be regulated at all. Anyone should be allowed to own a gun. Yes, even deranged child felons. The founding fathers did not include exceptions

BENISED

or free speech, you cant yell fire in a theatre

The purpose of Amendments is to further restrict government power through the constitution and to ensure the protection of the peoples freedoms.

Not to amend previous amendments to restrict freedom.

1st amendment is out of date. It was written when Christianity was the norm and before the internet existed.

The founding fathers never intended for it to be applied to Islam, Scientology, reddit, and 9gag.

so just change the second amendment its called an amendment for a reason

Pic related is the best I can do. Haven't seen a BENISED lower yet.

how about doing your own homework? fuck off.

They had guns with magazines back then. Even if single shot muskets were the highest level of gun, do you think the founding fathers expected t to stay that way? Why didn't they add "unless somebody invents guns that are TOO dangerous" somebody can still shoot up a school with a musket or ball and powder pistol. or they could just use a car and blade like the nigger at osu

I'm building an AR-10, and have been told that I have access to free laser engraving. I'm going to see if I can get a Pepe screaming REEEEEEEE! on the inside of the dust cover.

>Even if single shot muskets were the highest level of gun

Private citizens owned cannons and battleships

And it was put there for a reason. You're from austrailia where they don't have freedom. I wouldn't expect you to understand guns

Glorious

How about you go sniff some petrol you bogan cunt? You cucks let your guns get crushed without a fight after an obvious false flag and (((manufactured))) media outrage. You wouldn't understand.

Nice!

>huuurrrduuur you don't understand freedom
>muh rights
>Australia has less freedom than us

Kek at least we don't have to deal with mass shootings americucks

You don't need a fucking gun. That's what the POLICE are for.

>no militia could fight the government
So what was the Vietnam war then?

And do you think the US military would all agree to wage war on its own civilians? With no defection?

>Vietnam War
>no smart bombs, drones and and capability of today's war tec

Sure thing bro.

>US military will drone strike its own country.
Sure thing, fucko. And even if they did, are they going to bomb hundreds of millions of Americans with guns?

Good thing it's not called the Bill of Needs, eh?

>Syrian government currently bombing their own population

Guns per 100 residents:
US: 112.6
Syria: 3.9

Gee. I wonder why the Syrian government can get away with it.

Not sure if it's mentioned here. But look at Arlington VA vs. DC over the last 60 years. Perfect argument against GC.

Long story short, VA has better (less) laws. Ended up having less crime too. Both have near exact demographics, and are only separated by a bridge and a river pretty much.

Too lazy to dump the stats, but they are easy enough to find.

How are you going to shoot down a plane with a rifle?

How are you going to bomb an entire country into submission with no boots on the ground. Why are you so for giving the government all the power to rule you.

Any army big enough to threaten the government would be ridiculous to kill, who the hell is going to support the country and protect it when most of its citizens are dead?
We have the second amendment because of this, otherwise the government could easily stop any army with non-lethal weapons if they didn't have guns
The high accidental death rate is because the government tries so damn hard to protect everything, and pretends they actually do our citizens have no reason to be careful or learn anything

You don't need a fucking fire extinguisher. That's what the FIRE DEPARTMENT is for.

The NRA is a Jewish meme to get goyim to shoot each other

Gun control is the only way to fight the jew

A lot of pro gun posters are Jewish shills

>The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun
Well, yeah. Why else does the president and all other important/high up members constantly have armed guards? Don't spout shit if you don't do it yourself.