Mitt Romney Is A Great Choice For Secretary Of State

I can't be the only one that sees Trump's consideration of Romney for the position as a brilliant move.

It shows establishment Republicans that Trump is willing to work with them. This will be important to getting the wall and deportation measures through congress.

Rudy Guiliani would be a loudmouth sperg and David Petraceus is a funny troll pick but has too much baggage.

Romney has years of competent political experience, showcased his crazy amounts of foreign policy knowledge in the debates, and is already used to intelligence briefings after becoming the nominee in 2012.

He would be strong but dignified. A good complement and contrast to Trump. And he'd have to work twice as hard to prove himself while he is kept on a short leash for his previous antics against the Emperor.

Other urls found in this thread:

politicususa.com/2012/11/02/public-records-reveal-romney-profited-corruption-fraud-racketeering-bain.html
newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-real-scandal-of-romney-and-bain
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Winter_Olympic_bid_scandal
aattp.org/breaking-mitt-romney-is-being-sued-in-federal-court-for-criminal-racketeering/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the only reason he is going with Mittens is
>only candidate for the job with actual negotiating skills from business background
and
>Trump is secretly Mormon

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

>Only candidate with negotiating skills and business background

Bingo. Trump's band of merry memetastic supporters like Gingrich, Sessions, Guiliani, etc. are fun and all.

But I don't want his cabinet to be an eternal circlejerk of inexperienced yes men. Gingrich is also an opportunistic snake.

>Trump is secretly Mormon

Have lots of white children. Recognize blacks to be cursed inferior beings. I am okay with this.

I-I like Mitt desu...

Lots of people were gunning for him to be the nominee before Trump threw his name in and changed everything.

He really damaged himself with conservative after the Never Trump debacle.

I wouldn't mind him as SOS though.

I don't think many would drop support for Trump over something like this.

Frankly he only stands to benefit from picking a moderate, experienced, level-headed man as a member of his cabinet.

Maybe I just have a soft spot for Mittens though.

hello gop, how much are you getting paid to shitpost on Sup Forums now?

The only thing good about it is that if Romney fucks up royally, he'll take the brunt of the blame over Trump because he's so well known (same thing happened with Benghazi with Clinton taking more heat than if she'd be some no-name).

>Organized post in which I make valid points
>Hur dur what a shitpost

Just because you disagree with something that doesn't make it a shitpost faggot.

If he bends the knee I can forgive him.

This was a rough primary and we need to gather all support to push through the immigration policies. Trump only has 52 senators so he'all need nearly unanimous support, from the RINOs. He HAS to make concessions.

The media will blame Trump for anything and everything. Romney is not the anti-globalist president and therefore is not their main target.

They blamed Hillary for Benghazi to protect Obama before the election. But that came back to haunt them four years later.

Trump is not a bloodthirsty warhawk or have anti-American interests. He will appoint smart military personnel instead of globalist retards like Bush and Obama did.

Romney is a good negotiator and is knowledgeable enough to get Trump the results he wants. There won't be any major screw-ups.

>It shows establishment Republicans that Trump is willing to work with them. This will be important to getting the wall and deportation measures through congress.

Romney is a New England liberal, a Mormon and was never a member of Congress. His pull with the Congressional GOP outside Utah is precisely nil.

My money's on Bob Corker.

I really hope he picks Mitt.

Bolton would be a disaster and lead us into war
Giuliani is a meme

Plus we'd get to see alex jones have a meltdown over it

Yup. The bloated primary showed many groups were trying to coexist. This was an ugly fight they needed to have.

Moderates like Kasich and Bush. Neo-Cons like Graham and Rubio. Libertarians like Paul and Pataki. Bible Thumpers like Santorum and Huckabee.

The populist wing came out on top. Romney has bent the knee and eaten his piece of humble pie. It's time to ride this Republican wave and work together.

any policy differences between mitt and trump, or is it just mean words?

Although Romney is a slippery establishment Snake, I trust the Emperor

>Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer

Think about it, you're getting all the benefit of an A+ political operative working on your behalf (most of the time at least), while keeping him close enough to know what him and his people are up to all the time.

What's more dangerous, Romney working for Trump in a position where Trump can supervise him, or Romney lurking in the backround with Trump having zero access for the duration of his Presidency......

Mind you, I'm not sure about this I'm not supporting Romney, just shining a light on Trumps possible thought process. Trump knows what he's doing, remember he didn't get this far by having bad instincts.

Romney is a liberal piece of shit.

If we're gonna take a liberal, we mine as well just take Tulsi Gabbard... at least she's loyal.

Romney is good friends with Paul Ryan. The Speaker of the House certainly has some pull.

But the Senate is the place where you are going to need near unanimous support. Having a guy like Romney in your cabinet is a sign of good faith to the moderate GOP senators whose votes you will need to get these significant policies passed.

No. Good fresh choices include:
>Rand Paul
>Jon Huntsman Jr.

Hes much more hostile towards russia than trump

Though thats still better than Bolton and Giuliani advocating bombing Iran

>Mitt Romney Is A Great Choice For Secretary Of State

Look at all that swamp draining!

I found this picture hilarious.

But that's just it, Utahn congressmen and Senators have been pushing against Trump and they've got to be part of the coalition.

Mitt Romney might be an establishment hack but he's not corrupt. His record is squeaky clean.

>0.02 cents have been deposited to your Priesthood Rises account

Yep. Trump wants to be friends. Romney wants to have hesitant friendly relations for common interests.

But unlike the likes of Bolton and Guiliani he hasn't been licking his lips at the idea of starting another war in the middle east.

>he's not corrupt.

Uh oh.

politicususa.com/2012/11/02/public-records-reveal-romney-profited-corruption-fraud-racketeering-bain.html
newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-real-scandal-of-romney-and-bain
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Winter_Olympic_bid_scandal
aattp.org/breaking-mitt-romney-is-being-sued-in-federal-court-for-criminal-racketeering/

wheres the dinner with Ted Cruz?

I don't like his foreign policy vision. He's a neocon and we've had enough of that. We shouldn't be trying to build "democracy" in the Middle East, we shouldn't be trying to bolster a purposeless NATO, and we should be trying to antagonize Russia. These are all things Mitt wants to do.

Secretary of State is just too important to hand over to this guy. It's the crown jewel of cabinet appointments. The State Department makes real historical difference. Do you want Mitt fucking Romney at the negotiating table when we're re-negotiating trade deals? Do you want Mitt fucking Romney in the room when we're trying to forge a military alliance with Russia to contain and degrade ISIS? Do you want Mitt fucking Romney weaving his web to undermine Trump whenever Trump is pushing for nationalist policy that Mitt doesn't like?

Fuck this guy.

Go push your shitty incompetent hivememe picks in someone else's thread.

>Milo Yapapimetropolis for Interior
>David Duke for Housing And Urban Development
>George Zimmerman For Homeland Security
>Hue hue hue so based

Romney's a good negotiator and it would be good to show the establishment that he can work with them while simultaneously hiring a business-minded deal-maker like himself.

Liberals are already melting down, first they were bitching that Trump has no experience and is unqualified, now they're bitching that he's considering people with political experience who are qualified to advise him.

But personally I'd like to see John Bolton, just because he's anti-globalism, anti-UN, and anti-Muslim.

>Leftist jew rags cooking up phony scandals to smear the Republican nominee before the election

Oh look it's fucking nothing.

Hey guys will Ted Cruz get a position?

He gets to sit at the front of the boat when he is sent back to Cuba.

The captain might even let him steer the ship if he behaves.

Donald's got the look that I've seen in movies before. Trump's getting him to really grovel and lose face from his previous "Trump is a phony and a fraud. His promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University." Romney to the "would have dropped to his knees for my endorsement" snivelling Mittens. That is the look of a Don who is about to drop Mitt in to a boiling Vat of Humiliation by not picking him for any top Cabinet post, let alone Secretary of State. You are all underestimating Trump's pride here.

So, you reckon Trump made Romney pay for everything, as well as tipping 200%?