What is Sup Forums's opinion of arranged marriages?

What is Sup Forums's opinion of arranged marriages?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1363176/Why-arranged-marriage-likely-develop-lasting-love.html
youtube.com/watch?v=S4hQy_nRjqY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Crap, and unnatural.

You can't just force people to be in love with each other. They might not suit each other as couples.

Also, why the fuck do Slavs drink the in most unnecessary places?

I'm in the library and there's some fucking old Russian m80 sneaking a few swigs out of his flask every 2 minutes.

Worse than the fucking Irish, I swear bruv!

Perfect

It puts a cap on both the hypergamy of women and the polygamy of men

Young people are ignorant horny fucks with undeveloped brains

"Marrying for love" is cancer

Marriage is first and foremost a security/economic arrangement between two families and a means of raising good children

End of story

You LEARNED to love your spouse as time went on

Besides

Arranged =/= Forced

This. Classical marriage was never about love. It was cooperation of two families. The word 'arranged marriage' is therefore misleading and the whole concept of modern marriage is a messy chaos.

It's okay as last resort. Arranged marriages does not mean forced marriage whilst some might claim it happens regularly in India.

You get to meet the girl, talk to her, decide if she's the one etc. It involves families so it's harder to get out of a bad marriage. Divorce has a social stigma in India.

Except none of that is true.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1363176/Why-arranged-marriage-likely-develop-lasting-love.html

Be glad divorce has a social stigma. Here only half of marriages last. Me and most of my friends were raised in broken households. It really fucks your country up.

I grew up with an Indian girl. The smell of curry was strong! Anyway she lived her whole life in the US, but was promised to some kid in fucking India. She grew up, annnnnnnd disappeared. It was tense and weird and messy and fucked up and she refused to participate. To this day I have no idea where she disappeared to and last I knew, neither did her parents. I think it's kind of fucked up. Can't help but think it's akin to selling your child... arrangement made mostly to benefit the parents, in a fuck the child's life sort of way. Hope that helps I fucking doubt it does.

Works pretty well. "Romance" is a marketing scheme.

>Crap, and unnatural.

I disagree, an arranged marriage can work out very well often better than other types, the modern arranged marriage allows you to choose not to be married, but there is pressure from the family due to financial benefits from the merger so a marriage is primarily a business relationship and recognizing that often helps to ensure the longevity of the partnership

>You can't just force people to be in love with each other.
If you got shit parents, then you are fucked from the start.

I support it

I think in the US, it's over half of marriage end in divorce now, and I think it's been that way for years now.

>Civilization is crumbling my friend.

only cucks let their parrent decide who they can live with for the rest of their lifes

I know and it sucks to see families fall apart. One of my friend recently got divorced because of her husband's family. The problem is that once you divorce as a girl in India, it becomes exceedingly hard to find another spouse.

There's always good side and a bad side to every argument.

It seems pretty nice. I'd love to be hooked up with a hot guy and cut all the bs

Recognizing it as nothing more than a business arrangement has also spelled the ruin of many marriages. It's all over the fucking map. Whadda mess.

They are needed in the west.

as much as modern marriage?

It is useful for NEET's like me who are afraid of leaving their comfy house. I live with my parents and suffer from social anxiety and BPD.

Parents and relatives often discuss about their children and network each other to find a suitable partner.

Save me the trouble of finding a girl and convince her to marry me. Too lazy.

>morocco
Better than being sold for a camel

From what I've read about it works rather well, yes.

But don't take it to an extreme. Don't marry your 9-year-old to a fucking 45-year-old pedophile, please.

Also this.

Kids from divorced parents are forever fucked up. Countries who accept it as normal are forever fucked up.

Cuck doesn't mean the same as weasel or coward, either of which you are looking for.

Arrange marriages actually lasts

good for third world countries, women will obey their men, no cheating and shit but you know it's basically slave

it's impossible to do it in developed countries because of feminism

so, here we are, make women into slaves or let them cuck you inside out

This is probably due to the fact that arranged marriages are way, way more difficult to dissolve, though. Such societies will take divorce extremely negatively.

Stupid af
Also fuck poo in loos

Our system works, women get sufficient rights but they must also be controlled to prevent degeneracy like feminism.

Whoa...

To raise good children, both parents need good bond. This also helps the kids have good mutual bonds with their parents too instead of a divided one.

Marrying is a relationship, not a job. It's like a form of strong friendship, not just a work ''m8''.

Your form of marriage sounds like something from 1984.

But if arranged marriage is what said though, then it sounds pretty good.

But still, both of them should be a match. So e.g. An alpha male, and a pretty & feminine female is a good match. Beta males and ugly women can stick with each other.

As long as the two people being paired still has the yes or no choice in it, I don't see why not. My family from Chinese side all did this, but as time went on, the strictness went from
>you must absolutely marry this person no buts
to
>if it doesnt work for you two, then fine. We have more candidates for you to choose from
The problem is if you already went through every candidate and decided you'd rather marry someone else. We had dishonored, disowned people thanks to that, and mainland senpai not acknowledging this branch of the family, this branch of the family not acknowledging that branch of the family, that other branch feeling superior to the rest of the family. Every family gathering is a boasting contest or a business meeting.

that's true, they have family pressure over them, which could be bad sometimes since women would continue to live in toxic relationships.

>Pakistan
>women get rights
Ok Ahmed bin Abdullah

It's stupid as long as one of them has a brain.

>family has been landowners for generations
>hers has been politicians for a long time
>gramps is pretty chummy with her gramps
>tried to have my dad married but he eloped with my mom
>tried to do the same with me instead
>mom not having any of it so we moved to manila

It does happen that way in a more educated society. Most of my friends got arranged married at age of 25 and all of them spoke to their (now) spouses for months on phone, personal meets before they committed to marry.

It's not all that bad really.

At least we don't rape women and tourists on trains and public transport.

Fucking street shitter

Better then dying a virgin and you don't have to worry about looking for a partner. Your parents do that. In Pakistan 'love marriages' are getting much much common and I'm afraid arrange marriage is going to disappear by the time my children get married.

Yes they do and I myself oppose this. Women should be kept in their limits or else you get degenerates like Milo Stewart. We've seen how the West suffered after giving women rights. We should learn from their mistakes

t. woman

A woman will say anything to justify swallowing Chad semen until her thirties.

>muh love
Bullshit there aint no love its just blind lust all they care about is your penis and how much you turn them on its not a thing like real love that is deep emotional devotion to a person.

>You can't just force people to be in love with each other.

>marriage
>love

you dumb fuck you marry for the genes love is irrelevant

My grandfather married my grandmother so he could get 2 cows from their family.

Ok if it is young men getting married to young women
None of that 40 yo man getting a twelve year old girl

i can confirm from personal experience that this is true. Women don't love, they lust.

>be cute 6yo girl
>forced to marry old bearded fat faggot who rapes you every night and praises some kind of sand demon

only 4 kings and gypsies

>The current year
>marrying a womyn
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

At least it's a real marriage. Infinitely more real than gay partnership (((marriage)))

>2016
>marriage

Can't rape tourists when there aren't any, can you?

As someone who's tried dating for thirtyish years and had nothing but trouble, I've decided I literally can not be trusted to select a mate for myself. I would definitely consider an arranged marriage, but it's not a cultural thing here at all. I think it is probably the best way to go about it though, because following your emotions does not generally lead to the best results.

It only works if a woman is property and has to obey you. If they have equal rights, then you're just getting tied down to a person you don't even know or care about for the convenience of your parents.

Pakistan will have disappeared

this.

youtube.com/watch?v=S4hQy_nRjqY

It works very well.

I've always had fantasies about arranged marriage. Imagine getting married to a cute, shy girl. She's scared and thinks she will get abused and raped. She thinks you hate her because she's a burden and that you're annoyed at her for having to get married. You then give her a hug and tell her that you would never hurt her, and will never force her to to anything that she doesn't want to do. She slowly calms down, but she's still scared about having to have sex with you to consummate the marriage. So you pull out a knife in front of her and cut your own hand. Then smear the blood across the bedsheet and tell her, "this will be our first secret, okay?". You go to sleep and she falls asleep in your arms. Soon she will fall in love with you and becomes the perfect waifu, wishing to do anything for your sake and eternally grateful for your kindness. After a few years you get married a second time, this time at your own will.

t. wizard

Keeps them minorities away from whites so I'm all for it.

Lots of Muslims in your country too, eh?

Every time that you make a child, you are playing a lottery which does not always guarantee success. You only have an 80% chance to get to a similar level of intelligence again. Even if you find a good mate, the way that genes work is just a bit chaotic, 20% chaotic in fact. Plus there are illnesses and other factors.

So I think that at the very least some consideration should be had on the genetic quality of a child already born. Because if you dont, that is where the real friction occurs between the ones who are getting married and the families.

Attraction can be somewhat quantified, love even can be quantified. The problem is that arranged marriages usually dont take this end success of a childs genetics as a #1 priority. But rather to that of bonds between families/villages.

good post

How come everyone that stops foot in your country comes back absolutely nuts.

>known now husband only a month before I got knocked up
>11 years and still going
Guess it's a good thing. He got me young too so I never went out to bars and clubs so I never became a whore degenerate

You've been saying that since 1947

Half of it did. Remember BANGLADESH?

I had this Indian chick (American born) come in to the office with her husband also indian. I think they were together for two or three years before she divorced him. The chick didn't even give back his mother's ring because it was now hers. But she is one of those rich chick's that dress in head to toe designer. Anyways she got married again to some dude in Australia. Knowing that divorce is a stigma, how is his family still cool with this? Is there an exemption to it? Or they just want their son to be happy and possibly robbed of all of his shit in a few years?

Most of the guys here would approve of it. They're too autistic to actually meet and date girls, mummy buys theirs clothes and finds them a wife!

It's only because she was born in the west and usually Indians in the west are more open minded. The stigma I talked about specifically applied in India as it is part of the culture. If she didn't return the ring to the guy, she was an asshole.

In India the neighborhood would talk about how "that" girl had divorce etc. So in social gatherings her parents would be put into awkward situation regarding her divorce. In the west that's a non issue because people usually look at their own lives and not poke nose in others affairs.

I think there are enough merits to warrant it, but I'm not sure at what age it should be done. You'd want the spouses to be as emotionally mature as possible, but teenagers are going to want to lose their virginities as soon as possible. I think you should have the option of finding a person you love, but decide on marriage with the help of wise elders.

I propose that you're bound to a partner once you're old enough for your elders to see your personality, talents, and weaknesses, (10 yo? 15 yo?) and if you don't find someone else to whom your elders consent, you get married at 20. What do you think?

>20 year wut
I was pursuing my phd till I was 24. 25 to 27 for male and 23 to 25 for the girl is a good age to get married.

It is probably for the best. Young people don't know what they need.

Probably should also disallow divorce while the couple has kids age 'pregnant to 20'. Except in cases of abuse. Yes, maybe you don't like your spouse anymore, but it isn't just about you.

Who has the right to force someone to live 20 years in unhappiness with someone they don't like?