Joining the military under President Trump?

Do you think it is a good idea to join the military? I will graduate this year with a Bachelor's in nursing but I'm open to the idea.
Pros/cons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Md2vBiNm7W0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I say do the minimum and get out.

On the other hand, it'd be nice to serve under a president who won't send you to a war to fuck you over for the empowerment of the military-industrial complex.

Pros: You get an okay benefits package and you get to do a bunch of shit that is outrageously expensive or totally impossible as a civilian. You'll develop friendships that are strong as fuck and you'll emerge with some genuinely interesting stories.

Cons: You'll likely spend your whole time getting abused by complete fucking idiots that have been running around the middle east for the last decade plus and you'll never have a chance to join their clique because you're an undeployed slick sleeved fuck. There's a better than even chance you'll have various sports injuries (or heaven forbid training injuries) that will nag you for your entire life and nobody will believe you're in pain because you're just a malingering piece of shit. You'll likely develop various dependencies on alcohol, cigarettes, dip, naproxin, ibuprofen, and sleeping pills because you're bitch made.

Choose wisely.

I have a master's and am enlisting under the new 31D program. I'm sacrificing being an officer to do the job but it's worth it for me.

I don't personally understand the whole military appeal but if it's something you want joining under a more isolationist president like trump is not a bad idea

I joined the Navy with a degree in engineering. Shipping next week, but I signed the papers before the election. I would have been deeply questioning my decision if Hillary had won.

Im considering engineering corps... Does anyone know anything about it

got like 82 on my asvab went in dry, could have been higher, can I study for college in the military?

Enjoy getting deployed to the Baltics or Ukraine.

The cabinet he's got so far is full of insane Christians with Cold War hangovers that learned nothing from Iraq. Hard to believe it but he's gonna be worse than Clinton on "spreading freedom".

Join ROTC as a medical nurse getting your 2nd LT after your 4 year contract you will be one of the most hire able professionals in the field.

Yeah they have tuition assistance and you'll have access to a shit ton of correspondence courses. Just don't slack on your SSD.

Are there any special requirements to join the Air Force as opposed something like the army or the navy?

no

Don't ever join the military for any other reason than the college money or job training. Doing it because some faggot, who isn't much different than any other faggot, got elected president, is pretty much the worst reason I can think of.

Donald Trump doesn't give a fuck about you. The military doesn't give a fuck about you. These things would not be any different if someone else had won the election.

youtube.com/watch?v=Md2vBiNm7W0

joining the military is for retards but i salute anybody that does

Do NOT go into the military unless you're fresh out of high school. Or are one high speed motherfucker.

Why

Pros
1. College money
2. Vet benefits
3. Real world human interaction with assholes of the highest order (if you survive the head games, you'll be a badass)
4. A steady paycheck

Cons
1. Real possibility you could die or be disfigured.
2. You may not survive interaction with assholes (see 3. above under cons)
3. No life stability, always gone or moving
4. Wear and tear on your body and exposure to gawd only knows what chemicals and shit introduced to it ( intentionally and from warfare exposure).

NINHAO RICH YELLOW GUY.

>that id
A few people I knew went into various branches directly after graduating high school. They all came back bitter, and with a "i'm better than you" chip on their shoulder, a lot like you.
They work bullshit jobs now and no one really gives a shit that they served. Not even the girls they were trying to impress when they enlisted. They probably hate the fact that they made a horrible decision by throwing their life away for jewish war lords in some dusty shithole for no real reason.
So after they clock out of there shit part time job at Home Depot they get on their laptop and check their social media. They see all these "bitch made" people who didn't make a horrible decision, enjoy their life. They get drunk and make these types of posts on Sup Forums and continue to contemplate suicide.
Oh and can confirm about the addict degenerate part.

Concur for the most part.

I find the same people in my company, always bringing up their past like im supoosed to care.

My time in was the most formative of who I am out of all my life experiences. I would do it again.
If there is anything that takes you from whiny entitlement to being a man, its a uniform.

Being an officer in the medical field in the Navy is fucking cake
They pay for your education, you're most likely to get a cushy shore duty, the pay is nice

Much better than what I'm doing

t. Navy nuke