wikileaks.org/hbgary-emails/
wikileaks.org/hbgary-emails/emailid/1488
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump, this is actually real.

Yeah its actually legit not just some faggot posting old shit

I did Ctrl+F and found no threads about this

God bless Julian Assange!!

ooooooh

Last time HBGary got leaked it wound up with an international manhunt against basement autists. This has potential.

>an international manhunt against basement autists
I barely remember HBGary; what do I need to know user?

but wikileaks is compromised

Daily reminder Latuff was against the impeachment of a disgraceful president and her corrupt cabinet, responsible for ruining our economy back to the 90s

>wikileaks.org/hbgary-emails/
bump

It's pretty much all in the OP. BB got inconvenient enough that they finally nabbed him when he slipped up and arguably threatened a federal agent.

This was during the time of LulzSec (said basement autists -- almost all of them that made the news were found to be on the autism spectrum) which was used by some outside party as a fence for leaking either Startfor or HBGary stuff (I forget which). From my outside reading, that seemed to really light the fire to make a spectacle of shutting them down, which up until that point was probably more of a casual and quiet operation -- they had already asked for it sufficiently by going after Mastercard and the CIA, and were no longer useful as a symbol of the Green Revolution (aka Arab Spring).

Bump!

Why is this meme still around?

I've been looking around the emails for a while, but I haven't managed to find anything special. Anyone else got anything?

I think it continues to be entirely reasonable to view wikileaks as a CIA limited hangout operation, particularly with its recent use in the "counter coup" against the neocons (aka Trump campaign.)

If it were taken over by the CIA, they'd just stop publishing stuff.
Also the CIA wouldn't go against someone who is about to be president. Wikileaks has always been against neo-cons, so I don't see how them putting stuff up now that's bad for them is anything new.

wikileaks.org/hbgary-emails/emailid/1488

>If it were taken over by the CIA, they'd just stop publishing stuff.

A shame you weren't running the CIA during the cold war, user. The red flag would be hanging from the white house in a week.

I believe the line of thought is that the CIA set it up in the first place. The exact details escape me after all this time, but there's some pretty extensive analysis out there to look up if you're interested. It's chock full of pure coincidences, right down to Anne Hamilton-Byrd cult Assange grew up in.

The CIA has an extensive history of """leaking""" things. The Pentagon Papers for instance in order to blame the Viet Nam war on the military (cf. The Secret Team by L. Fletcher Prouty for details.)

As far as the "counter coup" and wikileaks' involvement, the question is how wikileaks got the emails, seeing as they are simply a clearing house and not themselves hackers. Well, who had the emails? Who benefited from them?

The CIA is a big organization with diverse people in it, so it's misleading to think of it in terms of being "the CIA" as a monolithic beast with a single agenda. But there are a large number of people throughout the government who saw this as the opportunity to help break the neocon dynasty and try to get the country back to some sort of functional state.

sometimes fags like to take old leaks and post them as new

>Just thought I would tell you that you do not have to bring your lunch in on
Monday or Tuesday. HBGARY will be providing us with lunch. We will be
having pizza on Monday and sandwiches from Beach Hut on Tuesday. ( I know
Rich will be happy for Beach Hut).

What did they mean by this?

lel I remember that one and thinking hoboy are we setting up for a possible HBGary rout?

This stuff is so ridiculously extensive, as if CF alone weren't enough to cause endless havoc. It's kind of impressive they've decided to go ahead and lean on this further.

This is pretty new though, Wikileaks just posted it yesterday

Thanks user, I'll start digging

user hacked HBGary. I thought they dumped the emails ages ago but they are just showing up on Wikileaks?

HBGary was threatening to reveal user members right before the hack.

If CIA, might keep on publishing until Trump takes offices then they'll scatter like roaches.

I forget the ins and outs these days but I put a bit of research into that one because it turned out I knew a lot of the people involved and I really didn't like the way things were shaping up. But I wound up at the conclusion that a number of the lulzsec drops were given to them by other parties, and that HBGary in particular was dropped in their lap.

For reasons of my own, I avoided infiltrating or tracking down a lot of the questionable "behind the scenes" claims. It was sufficient to determine the overall pattern of developments in order to inform my own MO for what I was doing on Sup Forums at the time.