WWII Thread

Lets have a WWII thread, represent your country and post some cool pics.

Dumping my massive 'Murican WWII folder

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-52z6FuyFlQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Expeditionary_Force
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just realized these are Army Soldiers

Held off the Afrika corps. with almost nothing because the poms are fucking cheap, literally beat the Germans with their own captured equipment

That's so sad. The could've hung out in detention a few months, a few years max and then just gotten on with life.

Pacific War was a burtal one, if it weren't for the 'death before dishonor' mentality it was them being brainwashed into thinking they'd get tortured or outright shot.

Sad thing is by that point in the war, Marines were already shooting them on sight. The Army was more forgiving in some instances

Aussies have always been a group of hard cunts.

Did you know it's not common knowledge that you were in Vietnam? I only learned when I heard redgum's I was only 19.

Except the siege of tobruk was a German victory was it not? All the same, those Australian lads put on the best show they could.

cool thread; wish i could contribute. This might be the start of my collection though.

Maybe another bong will post some Brits removing kraut or rice

Brits were in the Pacific?

>youtube.com/watch?v=-52z6FuyFlQ

Yes they had several colonies and outposts invaded by the japanese, there was fighting on the China-Burma-India theater and presumably also helped the Aussies and kiwis.

Interestingly enough there where two Canadian battalions who fought at Hong Kong as well.

I believe they were in Burma, India and the Philippines

What exactly was the extent of Brazil's involvement in the war?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Expeditionary_Force

It mustve been an amazing feeling seeing the might and power that is the BB and its fighting right along side you. Would make one feel invincible, on the contrary seeing it sink would be crushing.

I know, I can't decide what would be worse, being on one of those shitty islands having to fight hand to hand with desperate, fatalistic japs or be on one of those ships in a pitched Naval battle

>devil doge trips

What was he thinking Sup Forums?