First of December

>First of December
>No snow on the ground
>7 degrees Celsius outside

Is climate change really starting to fuck us?
I never recall this happening in the past twenty years I lived in Northeastern Canada

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DrWznOFq38s
youtube.com/watch?v=6miaTf1gF4g
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3767785/The-eight-foot-aliens-live-Earth-2-0-Proxima-b-four-light-years-away-reignites-1950s-claims-beings-area-visit-planet.html
youtube.com/watch?v=52Mx0_8YEtg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milankovitch_cycles
theguardian.com/business/2016/may/15/shell-creates-green-energy-division-to-invest-in-wind-power
thegwpf.org/content/uploads/2015/10/benefits1.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Funny, here in the land of no poutine both the Midwest and the Atlantic coast are being hit hard by freak snowstorms.

Last year we didn't get *any* snow until Christmas Eve, which desu isn't unusual historically.

Also, check this out leafbro. Good info right here, just have a listen and try to argue against the points made youtube.com/watch?v=DrWznOFq38s

Weather does not equal climate, fucktards.

>muh hottest day of year

Weather patterns are isolated events. Global climate is a whole different factor.

speak for yourself. minnesota is dry south of the iron range.

its called south Ontario idiot most places outside of our bubble are covered in snow

It was like this last year
In fact we didn't get snow until the end of December which felt so fucking surreal

We are positioned to benefit from Climate change better than anyone.

Some Island nations will disappear …but hey, what are you gonna do?

>snowing in egypt
>snowing for the first time in Tokyo
Nah dont worry about it guys.

I went golfing on Boxing Day last year.

>in 50 years ((tokyo))

And?????

It wasn't an isolated event kiddo if it happened for the second straight year

>wasn't isolated event
>happened where I live, an isolated location

Pick one! That doesn't mean anything. Just saying, bro.

>implying this is a problem
Canuckistan has everything to gain with global warming, crops that normally grow in south US can grow here.

It happened in quite a big portion in northeast Canada as well as northeast America
That probably would raise a lot of suspicions

correct

but global temperatures do equal climate and those have been rising faster than any time in earth's history since the Permian Extinction

good thing climate change is fake though and sea levels aren't going to rise flooding hundreds of millions of homes and causing catastrophic global weather disasters with stronger and stronger hurricanes/tornadoes/tsunamis year after year after year. Good thing all those hoity toity scientists are wrong and big oil and business will save us

Hail Ronald Regan praise Jesus

Good.
Green XMas 2016

Its 125 Fahrenheit here must be global pooling

>7 degrees
Holy fuck. Do thermometers even go that high in Leafland?

Yep I'm up here in the rockies, there is a couple inches / maybe a foot on the ski hills but none in the city. I sweat my balls off wearing my winter jacket. Usually it's -40 around this time, it's +6 Celsius in the valley.

I don't give a shit, the third worlders are going to cook to death, meanwhile we will kick this popsicle stand into overdrive.

youtube.com/watch?v=6miaTf1gF4g

I live in Northern Alberta and there's no snow, coldest it's been so far was today at -10C, normally it's -20, last year there wasn't even a winter just a fall--->spring transition with mild weather in between

>the valley
which valley?

Every city in b.c. is built in the valleys because they are warmer. I don't want to divulge my location, but trust me, b.c. has almost no fucking snow.

I know, I'm in the north and we have maybe a few cm and the ground has yet to freeze

What are you talking about? We just had our second snowfall today, usually it melts though.

If you want someone to blame for climate change then look at the Chinese, their farts produce more greenhouse gases than all our factories combined.

I guess I can tell you which valley, I'm in the thompson valley.

Let it happen. We'll grow peaches in Alaska.

Well you live in Vancouver now. It's normal here to not get much snow. In terms of weather in North America we at an anomaly

I remember living in Alberta and not having any snow on the ground for Christmas, this was like 15 years ago, and that was a freak event. Now no snow around the holidays is a regular occurrence.

Northern Ontario here. In the middle of the lakes. Only 1 snowfall so far and its long gone

Every city here is built in a valley because you can't build a fuckng city on the top of a fuckng mountain

Well except maybe new Westminster

didn't feel like Christmas man

The communist party is probably collecting your snow and selling it as water to California

I live in FL and we're actually sort of starting to have seasons, first time in years. For what it's worth

You know that the IPCC has been debunked by NASA a million times but the IPCC just blunders on ahead assuming a positive feedback loop right?

And that this is the reason why their climate models can't even model the past correctly and fail in the future

That's an interesting point. I know you are joking but our snow usually replenishes the water ways in north america. The americans are going to be fucked.

Fuck off, canada under right governenent would hugely benefit from "global warming". Ice on our northern coast would melt and open new transport routes

Half my city is built on a mountain actually. I'm in kamloops, there I said it.

My grandpa, a southern baptist living in Texas, told me this year that the aquifers were at an all time low. He even hinted that there, "might be something to this global warming" which blew my fucking mind when I heard that.

I was from cranbrook when one could find work there

Now I'm in Vancouver. It's actually not as shit as people said it would be

Ya man, end times are a coming, by end times I mean africa and the middle east are going to turn to fucking dust. We will be fine no matter what, because we will still get the rain here in the rockies.

>falling for the climate change jew

no more than a two hours of rain throughout november

Yes I have a lot of buddies down there. It's hard because growing up in b.c. I made a lot of asian friends but the chinese are doing everything they can to fuck us right now.

But yea vancouver is still pretty white last time I was down there which was back in 2010 I believe.

You are a special breed of retard.

I got snow, leaf

I feel you, Canada friend. Here in Buffalo, NY it was 56 degrees outside today. Besides a flurry or two we haven't seen any significant snow yet this year. Something just feels...wrong.

That depends.

Got a source for that, Amerifat?

>I never recall this happening in the past twenty years I lived in Northeastern Canada
>It was like this last year

Americans are fucking retards, they actually believe what the corporations are telling them, when I was a kid we would get 4-5 feet of snow, now 2 feet is extreme.

Daily Mail, syrupnigger.

Well there are different Chinese

You have the 1800s railroaders they're basically culturally white Canadian and many don't even know Chinese

You have the ones who fled communism they're the "good hard working" ones

And then you have the commies. The commies are the ones fuckng is right now

(((daily mail)))

>dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3767785/The-eight-foot-aliens-live-Earth-2-0-Proxima-b-four-light-years-away-reignites-1950s-claims-beings-area-visit-planet.html

>tfw being leaf

we just got loaded with snow yesterday here in cape breton

It's snowed twice here (Northern Cariboo, BC) but the wind keeps blowing in from Hongcouver, Bringing up to about 2 degrees and melting it all. I just want to fucking ski

And, you are a retard for believing anything a politician tells you.

And, that has what to do with El-nino?

I don't believe politicians, I believe the snow.

>thinking corporations and politicians are inseparable
>what are lobbyists

If the climate change is caused by gasses in the atmosphere why not make a hole in the stratosphere and let it out of the earth or suck it up using a giant man-made vaccum?

The same goes for rising sea levels. Just suck the water up or build a surface to air wall around every country to control the sea levels.

Proof that Leaves are inbred retards.

Climate is changing and always will change. There is not "homeostasis" setting for the Earth you fucking moron.

Tell that to Humpty Drumpfty

Geoengineering When?!

Fuck this would back and forth. Let's maintain our world at the Holocene climate optimum.

Hi Matt

It means your source is dogshit. Back to """reddit""" boyo.

Trump knows it's a sham and is trolling you retarded Leaves.

/thread

youtube.com/watch?v=52Mx0_8YEtg

>I never recall this happening in the past twenty years I lived in Northeastern Canada
You were in a coma then.

Here's one, not the same graphic but same idea.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milankovitch_cycles

current extrapolation puts us in an area that has extreme variation, and at a global temperature peak. Falloff should begin in 100-2000 years, but it's highly variable in the short term.

El Nino is thought to also be a function of the shorter-term cycles involved in these predictions. Think of this as the "perfect storm" of a bunch of sine waves with earth/sun orbits and tilt.

You must be the expert on homo stasis. Fuck off retarded gaylord.

>I don't believe politicians, I believe the snow.
Do you now?
>thinking corporations and politicians are inseparable
I implied nothing of the sort.

I live in tahoe and it snowed like crazy pretty early in the year. We didn't have snow a couple of years ago but it was because of the drought and not because it's hot.

I.e. humans have no say in global climate. Strap in for the ride, fellas.

You are still a leaf.

Get rid of the EU and the climate change faggots will all shut up. Problem solved!

Your country is controlled by conglomerates and multinationalist ceo's like coca cola, haliburton and so on. So of course they are going to shill the fuck out of you when it comes to climate change.

Climate change is definitely real, it's the cause that is debated. Fuck off nigger.

Something more substantial from those bastions of intellectual honesty at CBC, or the Guardian UK suit you better? Back to """slate""" boyo.

I live in Arizona, it snowed last sunday, and it's supposed to snow next tuesday.

Currently 21F (-6C), last night it got down to 8F (-13C).

What's going on up there Canada? I'm literally reporting from the hottest state in the union.

Dailymail is one of the shittiest news sites you can come up with. Please sort yourself out.

What if... what if all the oil in the ground was just ayys doing this??

>what are climate refugees
Canada will be invaded by islanders and shitskins.

snowy months seemed to have switched, don't you remember? it's been snowing in march the past few years

Nothing keeps the air in but gravity. It wouldn't go out the hole, and the stratosphere would reform.

Compressing it would be expensive and difficult, sequestering is much easier (ie plant trees or do the artificial equivalent)

Sea walls are ezpz (see netherlands) but we don't need them in the US. Plenty of inward land, just move people around as the water starts getting into their basements. It would require more infrastructure, but not an insurmountable amount by any means. Plus, more ocean area = more rainfall, and we have new coastlines anyway.

Yes, coca cola is conspiring to deny "Climate change", for.. reasons..
>Climate change is definitely real
Of course it is, moron.

You're the gullible retard acting like a nigger. We have enough natural resources to last us hundreds of thousands of years into the future. We have plenty of time to invent or revise energy, but that time is not now. We have other issues to focus on like stopping gullible degenerates from buying into everything muh govment shoves down your throat.

>muh oil company shill

Oil companies provide millions of jobs and growth for the national economy and invest more in green energy than any other entity.

theguardian.com/business/2016/may/15/shell-creates-green-energy-division-to-invest-in-wind-power

>Nothing keeps the air in but gravity.

Also ie. this is the hottest it gets, +/- 1 degree worldwide.

From what I understand, true warmest == all ice caps gone, and it has happened before. Worst case, IMO, is snowball earth: literally all ice.

>Nothing keeps the air in but gravity.
>Climate change doesn't real
Oh americans, you never cease to amaze me.

>RESPEKT MUH BIASES!
Oh, well shoot the messenger then.

Well, you are up late on a school night, but explain where I stated the climate wasn't subject to change?

Yep. Another Ice Age would be the worst thing for humanity.

Carbon dioxide is actually beneficial to all life on planet Earth, as evidenced by earlier forms of life and the thriving ecosystems they were a part of.

thegwpf.org/content/uploads/2015/10/benefits1.pdf

What else keeps the air in then? Genuinely curious.

Obviously some escapes all the time, but afaik the main reason there are distinct layers are:

* Solar radiation creating ozone
* Particle density makes some things statistically float

If the particles interacted in any significant way with each other, they'd react and create some other particle that acted in one of those two ways.

It's a combination of gravity and our magnetic field, if our core wasn't molten our atmosphere would've been blown away by solar winds a long time ago.

Yes thank you.

Ah yeah that's fair. All I was disputing when I said it was that a "hole in the stratosphere" wouldn't lead to draining greenhouse gasses.

Reread:
Then please KYS you nigger

i live in michigan, land of the rising snow, and it was almost 60 2 days ago. idk if its global warming or the apocalypse, but it can stay as long as it damn well pleases.

>current year
>there are people who still deny climate change

Who? Who denies that climate changes?

So, here's my dispute with that idea: The primary method I know of measuring ancient temperatures are analyzing ice cores from the poles.

Thing is, ice core measurements won't show extremely short measures of time with high variability. They'll average out over a longer period and give you a much smoother curve.

That means a span of even ~20 years of extreme (+2 degrees seasonally) heat would be difficult to detect, at best.

Our local temperature readings give much more accurate measure of the most volatile thermals possible, which looks far more extreme than the smoother measures of the ice caps.

I'm not saying you're wrong about temperature spikes. I'm just saying it's not trivial to say "it's never happened before".