Alcohol politics

As you may know, Finland is cucked when it comes to alcohol laws. You can't buy any alcohol* at all before 9am and after 9pm, and any alcohol over 5.5 volumetric percentage can only be sold in a state monopoly called Alko that closes at 8PM on normal days, 6PM on Saturdays and it's closed on Sundays or national holidays.
*Excluding pubs and nightclubs and restaurants

The meme laws have existed since prohibition ended in the 30s with only some changes.

What are the alcohol related laws in your country? Also, Americans, please tell about your local state laws; I'm especially interested in shops selling any alcohol 24/7, do they really exist?

/page/ Alcohol politics general

>what is planning ahead

In a blue state and any Alcohol can be sold at any time except between midnight and 8am. It's silly but has existed forever and an alcohol lobby would be laughed out so it's the best we got.

I can buy vodka anytime, anywhere

Georgia checking in. In my county you can only by hard liquor at liquor stores (department stores and gas stations cannot sell). Also no booze after 11:30 pm or before noon on Sundays (because Jesus didn't drink until after lunch). Laws are dates but fine, my biggest complaint is that the bars stop serving at 2:00 AM

Alcohol is degenerate

alcohol is degenerate

should be banned permanently

You don't stop people from doing something by banning it. You have to change the culture and make the people monitor themselves and eachother. Silly nanny-state poopkin.

Alcohol is the worst drug. Why on eart hanyone consumes it escapes me

That is not what this thread is about

Sounds great. Any alcohol law reform movements?

>2am
Shane, really.

I heard Finns drive to Estonia to buy Finnish vodka

True. It's cheaper, even.
We can't visit the official site of koskenkorva because hard alcohol promotion is illegal lmao

>finland
>overly strict alcohol laws
What the dick. You people only have so much going for you and yet you're trying to ban it.

no. And there won't be any, we have almost 60% tax on vodka/spirits, main income next to gasoline. Also, I literally have 24/day alcohol shop like 5 minutes walk from my home.

If you were the CEO of a state-owned ALCOHOL MONOPOLY then you'd lobby for stagnation too. We're not trying to ban anything, the elite simply hates competition.

Fucking Michigan stopped importing kossu.

We were the only state that sold it. I miss it but it seems only I and one other Finn-diaspora were ever actually buying it.

We buy it shitloads so we can either die for alcohol poisoning or keep drinking when we get up and buy more later

That actually sounds really interesting. 60% tax on every kind of alcoholic drink or just the strong ones? Do pubs/clubs/restaurants get tax cuts? How much does a 0,5 literally bottle of beer cost on average?

Anyway here in Scotland you can't buy alcohol wholesale before 10am and after 10pm. Pubs and bars will typically have a licence to sell alcohol until 1am, and clubs until 3am.
Happy hour is not permitted, nor is any kind of promotional offer (2 for 1 etc). If something is going to be discounted, it has to be so for at least 72 hours I think. The general rule is that licensees are not allowed to encourage people to drink more than they intended to drink.
I believe licensing laws are more relaxed in the rest of the UK but I think it's probably for the best the way things are here. We have a problem with drinking

only on 20%+ alcohol content. Beer is 2,5 pln (~0,5EUR),vodka 25pln (~6EUR). Pubs don't get a cut, they charge you twice on beer, more than four times on vodka

I can buy booze at any time though liquor stores all close at 10-11 the 24/7 gas stations always carry a fuckload of beer. I lived in one county though where you couldn't buy alcohol after 12 which meant alcoholics had to always be prepared.

They're trying to crack down on alcoholism in Finland.

Sounds like similar laws to here in Ontario, although they're relaxing them a bit.

Honestly I don't care about it, I'm a recovering alcoholic and people are going to get booze one way or another. The booze is incredibly expensive here though, for a handle of Wisers, which was my poison of choice, it was around $55 if I recall correctly.

Is this why you come here sometimes?
To get drunk?
I was once chased by a bunch of obviously drunk blonde assholes who muttered finnish swears. That was horrible. You guys are absolutely unruly bastards when you are drunk, just like our men.