The parent, whose son is biracial, said that her concerns are "not even just a black and white thing."

>The parent, whose son is biracial, said that her concerns are "not even just a black and white thing."

>"I keep hearing, 'This is a classic, This is a classic,' ... I understand this is a literature classic. But at some point, I feel that children will not -- or do not -- truly get the classic part -- the literature part, which I'm not disputing," she said at a Nov. 15 school board meeting. "This is great literature. But there (are so many) racial slurs in there and offensive wording that you can't get past that."

>"So what are we teaching our children? We're validating that these words are acceptable, and they are not acceptable by (any) means," the parent said, also noting psychological effects language has on children. "There is other literature they can use."

wpxi.com/news/trending-now/virginia-schools-ban-to-kill-a-mockingbird-huckleberry-finn-for-racial-slurs/472065098

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nW9-qee1m9o
theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2011/08/not-helping/244260/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ban a classic book because of muh racial slur\

turn on the radio and all you here is nigga this nigga that, ho this ho that.

really makes you think.

>Bans Huck Finn, cause muh racist slurs
>Ya Jamal, you can keep wathchin Lil' Wayne say Kill dem pigs nigga, on BET. That's acceptable

Say Jay-Z, why you gotta go and disrespect the women for? Uh

[Jay-Z]
(Bitch) Sisters get respect, bitches get what they deserve
SIsters work hard, bitches work your nerves
Sisters hold you down, bitches hold you up
Sisters help you progress, bitches will slow you up
Sisters cook up a meal, play their role with the kids
Bitches in street with their nose in your biz
Sisters tell the truth, bitches tell lies
Sisters drive cars, bitches wanna ride
Sisters give-up the ass, bitches give-up the ass
Sisters do it slow, bitches do it fast
Sisters do their dirt outside of where they live
Bitches have niggers all up in your crib
Sisters tell you quick "you better check your homie"
Bitches don't give a fuck, they wanna check for your homie
Sisters love Jay cuz they know how 'Hov is
I love my sisters, I don't love no bitch

This is why women cant be in charge. Jesus.

>banning books because it hurts liberals and niggers feellings
I am starting to think we should do away with the education system entirely.

Isn't Mockingbird an anti racism book?

>Banning books because muh racial epithets
>Books are critical of racism.
It's not like the niglets even read the book.

All it takes is ONE parent complaining?

That is the shocking part for me.

>mom is English teacher
>wrote a 200 page book on Adventures of Huckleberry Finn for her thesis
>it's her favorite American novel of all time and she's taught it to her students every year for the last twenty years
>was a huge liberal until a few years ago when the PC crowd started petitioning for Huck Finn to be banned
>she's gone full-moderate now

Liberals do a better job of turning people from liberalism than we could ever hope to.

Oh my fucking god what a time to be alive

Exactly. But critical thinking is problematic now. We have to treat bad things as boogeymen instead, that will certainly make society function better!

Reminder that mixed race people should be gassed.

>be anti-racism book
>get banned for racism

>But at some point, I feel that children will not -- or do not -- truly get the classic part
If your kid can't grasp the anachronism that means they're a fucking retard who needs to be locked in a funny farm.

Is there any hope guys, like at all? Or has the brainwashing done its damage and there's no going back?

>niggers
>reading books
you cant do both

Mockingbird and Huck Finn are both widely praised coming-of-age novels. There are some anti-racism arguments made by each, but on the whole they're both more about young children the harsh realities of growing up.

This

Yes

Black guy here. It's so ant racist, that my school (predominately black) taught it to is as a reminder of out black history.

Watch out parents yo it children might get exposed to mean words in a book all about the pitfalls of systemic oppression. Fucking Christ, I was in 5 the grade at the time and got the message. Dafuq is wrong with these pc people?

Like to see her get a book banned in school about the joys of homosexuality, lesbianism and other degenerative acts.

Yes. It doesn't paint the evil racists as absolute nazis or anything, just angry people believing a white woman's rape accusation, even though evidence points to the black guy being innocent.

It is a classic and should basically be read by everybody.

The racial slurs are in there to prove a point about the context of the story and its setting. Nuance is lost in the eyes of retards.

Also, auto correct can suck my balls

Them leather books are sexy as fuck. Anyone know who prints them?

It's been a long ass time since 7th grade but wasn't the entire theme of to kill a mockingbird that racism is fucking bad?

>To Kill A Mockingbird was literally anti-white propaganda
>it gets banned
>im supposed to care
pffft, the only reason we ever had to read that was to start sowing the seeds of white guilt/white privilege into the minds of our future generations.

Niggers are indirectly removing a pivotal piece of their machine without realizing it.

Are you kidding me?

To Kill a Mocking Bird was the most blue pilled anti racist book of it's time?

Seriously this is retarded.

WHOOPS I SAID RETARDED. Can't say boogeyman words, even if I am defending something related to free rights.

I guess I need le censored.

Yes. Racists want it banned. It disrupts the narrative.

>liberals do a better job of turning people from liberalism than we could ever hope
It's amazing what destroying the things people love will do to their outlook on life

Nevermind I found it. It's Easton Press in case anyone else is interested.

The entire book is about defending a black man against racism though what the fuck

Yep.

>To Kill A Mockingbird was literally anti-white propaganda

Does someone on this planet actually think this?

This

Why are people so fucking retarded?

fpbp

ban hip hop and rap now

>implying the average woman who has a bi-racial son has read any books or even finished high school.
she doesn't know what its about, thats pretty obvious.

Appreciate the research, a good leather bound book is a real beauty.

>All it takes is ONE parent complaining?

Yup. It's pathetic how easily school systems cave to whining parents.

For every book they remove from my kid's library, I am going to invite his class and their parents to a screening of Blazing Saddles at my house.

we're all here aren't we?

>white people are bad
>literally dindunuffin
>overcoming racism is the best thing we can do!
>oh no, the evil whites are trying to stop us from our divine mission!
>Justice for Blacks!
>fin
yeah, explain how thats not a pivotal piece of SJW propaganda.

It doesn't fucking matter what she knows about it, the schools banned the books. what the fuck

Thanks m8 was just thinking that, the things are expensive as shit but might be worth it

>Huckelberry Finn & To Kill A Mockingbird has racism in it
>literally the entire point of the novels
>"I understand"
No, you dumb nigger bitch, you don't. Black women are by far the least intelligent "human" species on the planet.

Hmm, good point, user.

When I was in grade 5, my class had to read the book "Underground to Canada".

That book said "Nigger" like every other sentence.

Really makes you think.

Honest question Sup Forums

does this kind of shit start to weigh on you guys?

I mean, debates over the Electoral College, Over what constitutes "Free speech," and now even whether or not to censor "To Kill a Mockingbird"

It feels like this country just has the same arguments and debates over and over again.

It's not racist when niggers do it apparently

That book is largely about the evils of irrational racism. It's fucking bullshit to ban it over "muh nigger!".

I'm okay with banning Too Kill A Mockingbird

But Huck Finn is just good hearted classic literature. It's comfy as fuck.

because the country is saturated with communist rhetoric but there is still a pulse of nationalism to argue with it.

so yes, it will always seem like the same ole arguments.

>The parent, whose son is biracial

Stopped there.

>and you can't get past that

Why do we tolerate people who talk like this? Her compelling case for censorship is that her walking path is physically blocked by something left implied?

>Im okay with banning books

Have you even read the book? It's kind of implied that Atticus is even a bit racist

You're whole country needs to be gassed

>The parent, whose son is biracial

Guarantee you it's white schools doing this because now's the time for the retards of this generation to have kids in school.

Guess we'll just have the kids read on Harry Potter book each year and when theyre done have them sign up for student loans so they can write 3 page essays on getting triggered for 4 years so they can then claim to deserve 100k jobs

I'm really happy because the overton window is being shifted and people are seeing through all that shit now. Everyone's talking about how the leftist buzzwords like racist, homophobe, xenophob, are that: buzzwords. There are more kids than since a loooot of time that know about the issues...

We are going to win so much your head will spin.

Hmm, if Harper Lee were black, would this book be paraded by libtards instead of revolted by them?
Has anyone gotten a black dude's opinion on it?

Skip to 2:50 and keep watching, you get a few perspectives on its use in Huck Finn
youtube.com/watch?v=nW9-qee1m9o

>black guy here

timestamp or gtfo rules 1 and 2 faggot

>ban hick fin because he is called nigger Jim
>be so bad a reading comprehension that you miss the whole point

>hint: despite being a nigger Jim has the most integrity of anyone in the story

Jesus FUCKING Christ

>This is great literature. But there (are so many) racial slurs in there and offensive wording that you can't get past that

> Tell kids they have to read a book.

They skip through it or don't read it.

> Tell them they aren't allowed to read a book.

They'll read it cover to cover and highlight all the "Niggerjim"s

Thisisyoursocietyoncucks.png

"Coloured people don't like Little Black Sambo. Burn it. White people don't feel good
about Uncle Tom's Cabin. Burn it. Someone's written a book on tobacco and cancer
of the lungs? The cigarette people are weeping? Bum the book. Serenity, Montag.
Peace, Montag. Take your fight outside. Better yet, into the incinerator. Funerals are
unhappy and pagan? Eliminate them, too. Five minutes after a person is dead he's
on his way to the Big Flue, the Incinerators serviced by helicopters all over the
country. Ten minutes after death a man's a speck of black dust. Let's not quibble
over individuals with memoriams. Forget them. Burn them all, burn everything. Fire is
bright and fire is clean."
Literally predicted 50 years ago. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

To Kill a Mockingbird is about a white man who has the integrity as an attorney to ask serious questions about the validity of a coal-burning cunt's story in order to defend an innocent black man's life in the rural south.

I really don't think it's anti-white. It shows how racism can play judge, jury, and executioner if left in the hands of the public. SJWs might feel that this is a little too much on the nose nowadays however, and feel threatened that their tactics are as old and as tired as the true racists that they argue against.

Yup. All REAL men know this shit. Women are retarded. The silent majority thought the same about Hillary. I use to think it was awesome being a male, but I'm slowly startting to realize that I'm going to have be both the brains and muscle in any relationship I have. Women belong in the kitchen, raising my kids and making me meals while I go deal with the real fucked-up world.

Women want to ban a book because it says nigger, then her nigger children will be eaten alive in this world and they rightly will be. I have no patience for feelings.

On a side note, since it's a "bi-racial" kid, we all know the nigger husband left the family and that's why there's no one to keep the bitch in check. Fucking coal burners.

Under rated

>about young children the harsh realities of growing up
Like reading a book that has some naughty words in it without losing your shit.

>Has anyone gotten a black dude's opinion on it?

read the fucking thread before you post moron

Because its racist to read a book. Slaves are illiterate

Now I want to smash a chifferobe.

Niggers can't read. Newfag

>for the night is dark and full of terrors

cant you? thats a shame

'

lel. I believe the term is "bust up".

Because the book was written in 1960 by a person from the Deep South and takes place in the 30s, partially based on the experiences of her father and hometown.

Just because brainless SJWs are pretending that its world still exists in 2016, doesn't mean it's any less retarded to pretend it's a SJW propaganda piece just for portraying a fictionalised story of something that could've easily realistically happened back then.

It finally happened.

I remember when libtards were saying "SJWs" were just a fringe group that had "no influence", that it would eventually "stop", and that these propositions would "never get through".

>This movie deploys the standard formula. With one possible exception, the white women are remarkably unlikable, and not just because of their racism. Like the housewives portrayed in reality television shows, the housewives of Jackson treat each other, their parents and their husbands with total callousness. In short, they are bad people, therefore they are racists.
There's a problem, though, with that message. To suggest that bad people were racist implies that good people were not.

This comes from new liberal/progressive black hero Ta Nehisi Coates. It seems his views are going to be too Uncle Tom for 2017.

theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2011/08/not-helping/244260/

This

To Kill a Mocking Bird is a shit-tier book anyway. The entire thing is a fucking farce tailored specifically to be used as marxist propaganda.

Think about it. The entire premise of the story is that a nigger dindu nuffin wrong and it was actually a white girl from the south in 1930 who, for absolutely no real reason, wants to fuck a literally retarded nigger with a crippled arm. This is so hilariously outlandish. To say nothing of the eye-rolling stereotypes of the whites all being irrational frothing idiots while the blacks are all poor bois dindu nuffin bein oppressed n shit. Or the fact that Atticus Finch is this ridiculous author avatar that's shoved in to filibuster about progressive civil-rights-era egalitarianism in 1930s deep south.

And then there's the fact that while the book is "allegedly" written based on Harper Lee's experiences growing up in the south, it was "edited" by liberal northerner Tay Hohoff. In fact, it's probably that Hohoff essentially ghost wrote the entire story using Harper Lee's manuscript as a skeleton, and shoehorned in a bunch of Aesop's Bullshit. Probably why the story sounds like a caricature of what a northerner thinks the south is like.

Furthermore, it's one of those books that nobody ACTUALLY picks up and reads because they want to. It's one of those books that's only well-known because it's required reading in every single school in the nation. People only know the book because they're forced to read it, not because it's actually a good book in any way. I don't think there's a single damn person who's actually gone out and bought that book to read on their own or to their children. It's pure liberal propaganda from the school system.

It's about overcoming prejudice to get to the root of something and ensure justice is done

and then some pointless coming of age shit tacked on with it

>not because it's actually a good book in any way.

the depiction of Scout appeals to me, for the most part. I agree with you about it being preachy and how all the blacks are saints.

Yes it is. These dumb fucks missed that point because they are racists themselves. They are just too damned ashamed to admit it so, like children, they sweep it under something to conceal it.

This legitimately angers me.

You are no better than these fags that want to ban a book

Hahaha. Hilarious.
This is satire right?

It takes an outlandish special snowflake situation and props it up, as if this is what happened in the pre-civil-rights-movement south.

And defenders can hide behind plausible deniability and say "well that doesn't necessarily mean it's propaganda" the fact of the matter is that when the human brain is given a narrative like this, even if they consciously know its fiction, the brain still treats it as fact and it has influence on what people think and believe.

It's because of shit like TKAMB that people think southern whites were just a bunch of evil rednecks who would run around lynching niggers en masse for absolutely no reason.

I feel so bad for Kanye

first he cringes at Caitlyn, now he calls out Jay-Z and says he like Trump so they hospitalize him.

Except lil' Wayne is pro-police and hates BLM

But let's be honest here. We aren't forced to read Mockingbird because of Scout's coming of age narrative.

We're forced to read it because of it's anti-racism message.

Kanye is secretly

Because no men ever supported this shit. Because no men voted for Hillary. Because no men voted for Bern--

Yeah, let's stop trying to shift all the blame, okay. That's not very masculine, nor very adult. Numales, libruls and cucks are just as much of a problem as women. A fuckton of women voted for Trump, especially white women. We need to do something about all of those who are fighting his nomination--and that includes a disgustingly large number of men. WHITE men. (And there is a whole lot more men who may have voted for Trump themselves but who took no responsibility for how their women voted. They have a lot to answer for as well.)

Same with both my parents. In a way I rejoice at this, because these decisions can be reversed--and they will be--but in the meantime they redpill more and more normies more easily than anything else we could do.