Cracked.com

What does Sup Forums think of this website?

>cucked.com

They were alright a few years ago then they got swept up in the sjw cuck wave. It's unbearable and unnecessary nowadays.

beat me to it

They were OK before the 14 midterms but totally lost their shit and suck now.

This. Used to be funny, now they've been taken over by progressives Something Awful.

I miss it

Went to shit in 2012. It's a shame really, because I used to enjoy them. I know their readership has gone to hell since.

We don't.

What exactly was the trigger for generally laidback cynical left leaning websites to hit full SJW
it all seemed to happen all at once

Is it still popular?

Clickbait articles get views.

Used to be a fun clickbait site til about 2013 when they started hiring from buzzfeed

occupy wallstreet

Shitty site not worth yet another tiresome fucking thread.
Sage.

they've been sinking into irrelevancy for years now. Their recent glut of "social justice" type articles seals that deal. It's usually a last ditch effort to gain a user base before shuttering,

Buzzfeed skyrocketed, and Cracked tried to copy it

Dropped it when the photoshop contests got 20 pages to maximize ad revenue and every article was about mysoginy or wage gap garbage

The comments sections are interesting.

Seems to be a tidal wave rising. Folks are rejecting the nonsense they have become.

I boycott it. Last time I visited it right after the election to see the reaction. They used to have some interesting articles about history but I bet now they write shit like "5 reasons America was racist long before it elected Trump" or "How Hitler's raise to power can teach us about dangers of Trump's America: A holocaust survivor story"

"5 'Cool' Adults You Never Realized Were Utter F*ck-Ups"

Sounds like clickbait bullshit. Why spend so much time writing about something that doesn't even matter.

"Signs Of A Creepy Government Conspiracy At Standing Rock"
Of fucking coarse there is, they got the spooks in there and are shutting the shit down. Why would they not? Cracked is trying to explain clockwork to people that don't even know what a clock is.

Liked Cracked magazine back in the day, but the website really has gone to shit

I enjoyed them years ago, but they became borderline unreadable when they started allowing for user submissions, and became increasingly political on top of that. I can't stand leftist rhetoric disguised as "art" or "comedy," especially if it's presented as neutral.

They cracked. They ruined themselves.

They were bought by a SJW and now they are an irrelevant SJW site that isn't even worth talking about.

On that note, you know what goes in the options field.

it was a good magazine

Used to be funny and insightful till about 2009 now it's le phunny buzzword listsite.

see

As someone who grew up reading Cracked Magazine in the 80s and 90s, it's hard to believe that the Cracked name as become synonymous with SJWism and political correctness.

>. I know their readership has gone to hell since.

sauce

Clickhole picked up where it left off.

I used to read them at 2011. Now I exclusively lurk Sup Forums now.

Go check their front page. They post the number of views each article has. It's on the order of hundreds of thousands on the day an article is posted compared to 4 years ago.

Used to be good, then i grew a real sense of humor.

Same

Used to be a bit of fun back in the day but it became content heavy and quality low so I stopped visiting. When I have revisited lately it was quite Leftist which was sad as I never thought it pushed any political view at all before, it was just good clean fun.

Regardless of the quality of their content, they did a great job shifting from paper to virtual media. Maybe better than any other magazine.

>virtual media

The fuck? I meant digital media.

I post this in every cracked thread. Buy seanbaby's game so the nigger doesn't starve to death

Obama's election, to be honest.

I'm surprised someone didn't post the graph. I would have, but I don't have it so I'll just paraphrase it

>Has a steady stream of visitors
>Some world event happens and Cracked has an article on it
>Visits boom massively
>The article is some bluepill normie garbage, but it got a lot of visitors because it was the first real write up on whatever it was
>Cracked wants to keep these same people coming back for maximum shekels
>The visitor numbers starts to decline towards its usual levels because the boom was a complete one off by people who didn't go there
>Cracked can't understand why the number didn't stay high
>In their mind they think the people came because they wanted the bluepill cancer and not because it was the only place to read about it
>Cue them flooding the site with even more cancerous articles
>End up alienating their original userbase by saying they're misogynistic, Islamophobic, xenophobic, anti-Semitic, racist Nazis
>Visitor count plummets even more because of it
>Double down on insulting the people who kept the site alive in the hope that the one off normies will flood back and make you gold
>It doesn't happen and has maybe 12 months left

That's basically what happened. Then to get revenue they just went all out (((clickbait))).