2nd Amendment

Since even 2nd Amendment supporters can't agree and don't know what the 2nd Amendment truly means I'll clear it up for you all. "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Basically means this.
A well regulated militia (our standing army), being necessary to the security of the free state (is necessary to keeping us safe and free), the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed (and because we need a standing army, the people also should have the right to bear arms, because we just got done fighting our own army and never know when you might need to again.

2nd Amendment in todays words:
Our standing army, is necessary to keeping us safe and free, and because we need a standing army, the people also should have the right to bear arms, because we just got done fighting our own army and never know when you might need to again.

So next time a faggot comes at you with the "a well regulated militia" argument you can now b em tfo.

Other urls found in this thread:

constitution.org/fed/federa46.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

didn't read
OP is a faggot

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

>I think X means Y because I want it to mean Y

Can we all agree on this, at least?

not a counter argument
lrn2argue

wtf i hate guns now

>A well regulated militia (our standing army)
I hope you're trolling and not actually this stupid

only men who have served in the military should be able to own guns, just like only men who own land should be able to vote.
what does pol think of this?

this is what the 2nd amendment was referring to. read the federalists papers. The well regulated militia was our standing army.

Left memes are so fucking weak. We already have a proletariat armed to the teeth in America which is why we don't have full on commie horseshit running this country.

kys

you're not american your point doesn't count.
this thread is for people with the right to bear arms.

the 2nd amendment is essentially the right to keep themselves free of government tyranny by being able to form an army because they own firearms, right?
i don't know why so many people disagree with the second amendment, the people should be stronger than the government.

Agree 1000000000000000℅
OP btfo to smithereens how will he recovery

A militia is by definition not part of the army you chucklefuck

SHALL

basically what i just explained in my OP

read the federalist papers... none of you know how to argue with you all just attack with your neet memes. reminds me of libs.

ok. you own any firearms? i thinks its every mans right to own a rifle, and should be highly encouraged.

You clearly don't understand how America fought wars back then. America had a professional army and then a lot of small militias to help support them in the war for independence. They clearly meant a militia of the people, not a militia of the state. The militia can stand with the army of the USA or against it. No stfu you gun grabbing piece of shit there is zero argument for taking guns from the civilian besides the state trying to control the people.

Since when was a militia (by definition, an ad-hoc fighting force of irregular fighters not directly commanded by any sovereign state) the same thing as a standing army (by definition, a professional fighting force directly equipped and commanded by a sovereign state)?

A militia and a standing army are polar opposites by definition.

yes, i'm a european immigrant to america, and i understand this country better than most americans born here.

SHALL

NOT

Post your 2nd amendment stash

i'm not arguing against civilian gun ownership you literal retard.

A militia and a standing Army are two completely different things though.

Nothing in the Federalist papers is going to redefine the term militia to be compatible with being a standing army.

>"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

A well regulated militia is necessary to the security of a free sovereign state.

A well regulated militia is created by people with the right to bear arms.

The right to bear arms and the right to form a militia shall not be infringed.

Also, not that this says STATE, not NATION. This was built in truth to be used to stop the federal goverment from becoming the new England and running roughshod over the states like it has.

Yeah the whole well-regulated militia argument is pretty fucked. If I am allowed to join a militia and militias are constitutionally protected. And I am allowed to start a militia. Why then am I not federally or state funded.

No fag, it means, I CAN KEEP AND HOLD WEAPONS AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT, THE MILITIA IS DEFINED AS ANY MAN AGED 18-40

Yes and I wish to form a militia here today by saying so I have done so

Well you're doing a shitty job at it. First, the militia is not the standing army those are two separate things that fall into two categories. The organized and unorganized. If you are not in your state's national guard, you are a member of the unorganized militia. Second, federalist paper #46 clearly distinguishes between standing armies and the militia and why we have the latter. The Militia being made up of the people not in the standing army and either organized by state or locality.

>This proportion would not yield, in the United States, an army of more than twenty-five or thirty thousand men. To these would be opposed a militia amounting to near half a million of citizens with arms in their hands, officered by men chosen from among themselves, fighting for their common liberties, and united and conducted by governments possessing their affections and confidence.

constitution.org/fed/federa46.htm

Read you fucking dipshit.

I aggree with you 99%
It says 45....

remember when 'liberals' stood for freedoms and not just about taking them away.

Wrong. Jesus Christ you liberals are so goddam intellectually lazy. Nobody has ever been btfo by that shit stain argument. The entire point of the 2nd is to defend against tyrannical government. Also keeping and bearing arms is essential to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness, meaning citizens have a right to defend themselves against the niggers you love feeding and clothing so much

Heller vs D.C. You faggot, a well regulated militia is any lawful citizen of the United States. So Says the courts.

I think if the government ordered the military to attack the American people, a whole lot of us would join the 'rebels'. Unless it was just a bunch of niggers or something having a race war.

What an embarrassing post

capitalists are liberals
democrats are communists

yes, obviously every slack jawed retard with a power complex needs an automatic rifle. what could go wrong?

Thank you for teaching us how commas work OP.

niggers have a right to defend themselves from whites too

When has
>militia
ever meant
>regular army
?

Is that an m1?

The idea was that each state should have their own actual militaries.

>the definition of words change when read in a different context
libshit logic right here.

SCAR with a Magpul ACS butt stock

The militia is defined as the whole of the American people you dunce.

you're a faggot and deserve to be shot for this treasonous act of trying to misinform the public of what their rights are.

Can that aftermarket stock fold like the one that comes with it?

Idiot.

Well regulated means well armed. Well functioning.

Militia means normal people.

It literally means that the people should be armed to the fucking teeth.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

DIE COMMIE SCUM

lol

>something that is definitively not the army (a militia) is the army because reasons and I didn't understand the Federalist Papers

You absolute nigger. They didn't want a standing army, but rather a militia, to defend the nation.

This does not mean that an established federal army magically becomes the militia.

They shoot themselves in the face and remove themselves from the genepool instead of breeding thousands of idiots in the human safety net we built.

Every, and I do mean --every-- gun should be legal. Even artillery.