I found out my child was an atheist and I understand she has her opinion but this is something strictly crucial...

I found out my child was an atheist and I understand she has her opinion but this is something strictly crucial. She was raised in a Christian family. How is this possible?

You're a shit parent. Should have beaten her more.

Well, generally, when a person grows up they grow out of superstition. Believing in magic and ghosts and things is for children and old women and the retarded.

It's a phase.

>flag

internet

Just teach her why Christianity is so important for our culture. Im an atheist but thats how I came to respect Christianity to the point where I considered joining your club.

Because your an idiot under the illusion of controlling the human mind.

/thread

That's great news, you should be proud that she thinks for herself and doesn't suffer from stockholm syndrome. She'll be alright

And how old she is? I too was an atheists during my teen years since I never had semeone to teach me anything. Luckily for me God led me to His path eventually through circumstances in life, you can be that circumstance in hers.
She has an opinion, doesn't mean it's a good one. As a parent is your job to make her see the error of her ways.

Great, now she has no moral spine. Luckily the government is there to show her that siring Motumbu's kids is the only way to stop hatred.

Yep
as we all know, atheists just go around raping children and killing people in cold blood and stealing everything they see.
Damn godless moral-less atheists

You're God has shown you're child the path to walk.
This is a miracle

>Atheists unironically believe that you can blow up rocks and a building suitable for inhabitation will form.
Say the magic words "over the course of 6 million years" if semeone doubts for extra effect.

>Luckily for me God led me to His path
>God led me to His path
>God led me

>HIS

Narcissism and religion go hand in hand.
How do you know its a man?

As long as she comes around and accepts that Christian values are superior and responsible for the success of Western civilization, then who cares? Atheism is only dangerous when it leads to nihilism.

>semeone
Is this how """""""""""""""""""""intellectual""""""""""""""""""""" atheists speaks?

Because truth will prevail over indoctrination you faggot.

Let your daughter choose based on the evidence she is able to find. You'll only end up hurting yourself once she is 18 and leaves your old ass for forcing her into your ideology.

Uh oh next she will let the football team run a train on her. Ya dun goofed buddy, she's as good as dead.

>Luckily for me God led me to His path eventually through circumstances in life,
What happened to show you the light?
> the error of her ways
But, and I hate to say this about a cunt, she's right.

Bible refers to God as Father an other male titles from begining to end.
His path because I was wrong and His teachings were right, that's not narcissism, that's teaching semeone the error of their ways to help them improve.

nice fucking argument there
Women need objective morality in order not to fuck around. Women are more religious on average. Because their minds are inferior, they absolutely must be repressed by a patriarchal society so that their inner slut doesn't manifest, and sometimes one of the women in the tribe will still fuck the local Chad, so the people gather and kill her in public, the Chad was usually smart enough to flee.

>Christian values are superior and responsible for the success of Western civilization
They aren't. What leaders who led the West to greatness actually followed what Christ said? Why hasn't it worked its magic on Africa or South America?

As long as she doesn't act like a degenerate I wouldn't worry.

>Implying you are more intelligent than centuries of theologians and philosophers who's sole job was to think about this
>Implying you are more intelligent because you read a meme online

>Women need objective morality in order not to fuck around.
Yes, and the man in her life, her father or her husband, should be it. You should be the ultimate authority in your wife's life. When she has an issue do you want her to have you solve it or do you want her to go to the Church with it?

Wanna know, really? My real first contact was because I was walking aimlessly in the streets lost in my thoughts, thinking about something completely unrelated that I won't go into detail because it's pointless, then an old man stops me for absolutely no reason and asks me about that very thing I was thinking about. I said I didn't know anything as a good cuck that was pretty amazed and scared at the same time and kept walking, but that was the thing and moment when I said "Well, I have to be blind to believe that was just a coincidence. There officially are for me things that are supernatural and believing that only what science "proves" exists no longer applies to me.
That was the first contact. Then a long journey of understanding my spirituality began until I could say without shame "God exists as surely as the sun comes out each morning, and I am His creation, servant and son"

Hope you enjoyed the reading.

didn't imply any of that, intelligence is not a guarantee of being right anyway, so you're being stupid on like at least 3 levels.

>theologians
Theology is as bad as psychology, it's the study of making shit up. I think a woman would be more intelligent than someone who dedicated himself to such a useless bullshit field.

>semeone
You might want to open an English-Spanish dictionary sometime, pal.

Should've done a better job proving god is real

They don't follow it in Africa. Here's a leader that followed Christ.

>Hope you enjoyed the reading.
I didn't, sorry.
>pointless, then an old man stops me for absolutely no reason and asks me about that very thing I was thinking about.
What, what thing? Maybe this story is impressive when told aloud but read it isn't. Give more detail.

tell me Sup Forums
why do you use IQ correlations as evidence for niggers being subhuman
but deny IQ correlations when it comes to theists?

>How is this possible?
People grow out of bullshit eventually unless they are widow women, ex junkies or just plain out retarded.

The kind of shit centuries of theologians and philosophers spent their entire lives coming up with is now taught at the beginning of college or earlier. If they haven't already been proven wrong, that is.
People are, on average, more educated and intelligent then even the smartest were a few centuries ago.

This

The reason he did actually imply that, was because he dismisses the existence of a God or Supreme being calling it a "fairy tale". I have met no Atheist in real life or on line that was smart and calls religion a "fairy tale" unironically.

Sup Forums is a christian board, fuck off

By dismissing it as the study of making things up its clear you haven't actually listened or studied theology. Listen to Fulton Sheen. He has some good stuff.

You are an imbecil if you think religion is the only exiating moral compass

It's too late. She left your denomination, because of your weaksauce, milquetoast, watered-down Christianity, I bet.

You probably don't even read the book you claim to believe in. I bet, if someone stopped you on the street to want to talk about this book that you put so much of your faith in, you'd get angry and say you're not interested.

Shut the fuck up.

you understand most of the atheists that exist right now were once religious?

Kys

Here's your (you)
i r8 this b8 2/8

Saying that you're that important that God decided to led you is narcissistic.
God didn't write his teachings, that was man. And the bible itself is derived from the tablets of Sumer. So its not OC, so to speak.
If we are all created in Gods image, then by its own "teachings" he must be half female, a hermaphrodite.

That old man heard you muttering shit to yourself and decided he would fuck with you. He deserves a medal.

/thread

Typos exist you dumbfuck. Welcome to reality, people makes mistakes, like your mum and dad made you

Abort her

Irrelevant. I was thinking about a specific thing, and out of every subject in the world that a random old man could stop me to talk about, he did it to talk about that very specific thing. If you have any intelligence you cannot dismiss that as a random coincidence, which is the most scientific thing to say that it was. But if you do I'll appeal to what Jesus said: some people won't believe even if the dead rise and preach to them directly.

wizard

Wow that was extremely anticlimactic.

*make

It is, for women. Women are far too simple to understand the Golden Rule of Kant or the self-improvement Nietzsche proposed.
It wasn't a typo, he spelt it "semeone" in two different posts.

Because tyron Jr. Has already culturally enriched her.

Your daughter is a lost cause, welcome to the new era

Quads show the truth, cucktheists BTFO
Religion has survived, evolved, and thrived for millennia since the dawn of man. You would think that something this old would have been discarded if it was useless but it didn't.
Even ideas are victims of evolution. Religion survived because religious men survived. And they survived because the moral (and technical) codes contained within it gave them an advantage over the immoral godless cucks.

The very idea that something unexplained and beyond the reach of man's knowledge has propelled science forward. Denying that is embracing scientism, which is another religion pushed by the likes of Bill Nye and Black Science Man, and denies the basic creative impulses of men by incorrectly reducing the Cosmos and Life to a bunch of spheres colliding

She had no reason to believe in Christianity. There was no evidence that a God existed or that the bible stories were true.

Golden post thnx based Italian.

This

>How is this possible?
Evolution

>agnostic
i wonder when shitty teenagers will realize agnosticism have extra premises to atheism.

atheists say they dont believe in a god, they dont say there is no god
agnostics say the existence of god cannot be known

how the fuck people find agnosticism more plausible is fucking beyond me
literally brain damage

Show how evil and cruel the world is. Shit show is this website for an hour. When she asks "why does God allow that to happen hurr durr" ask her why she allows it to happen; why doesn't she go do something to help the world; that's our duty on this earth together: to help one another. Tell her God made this temporary world, he doesn't control it. This is Satan's world now and he will do everything in his power to turn people from God. Tell her you will love her no matter what and God will love her no matter what. Pray for her homie. I pray each day and tell myself and hope when I die whatever happens I will fall on my face and beg my mother and brother's sins be put on me. You can do the same if you like. Ask that her misguidance be placed on you and that she'll find her way back. Being raised in a house of faith is much easier to be consumed by the world. I know that for myself. I lived in sin and turned from God for quite a few years and made a mess of my life. But I found my way back. She can too. Once you have God's word and love inside you you can't escape it. You will always hear it in the back of your head. God bless homie I truly feel for you. I honestly don't know how I'd feel other than heartbroken. All you can do is love her and hope she sees the happiness from believers and the bitterness and depression of the faithless

If you studied statistics you would know that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I know, i know, the unicorn, the teapot, etc. But i'm afraid those are not valid arguments because real life doesn't give a shit about what you think is logical or ridiculous to make a point, no matter how colorfully you express it

is she the edgy kind of atheist that rejects it for the sake of rejecting it,
or is it just that she doesnt really believe it.

either way, the important parts of christianity dont require belief (though it does help)
just encourage the morals, values and traditions that make christianity good.

They were just being diplomatic.
All atheists and a good chunk of theists agree that there is no proof of a god, and yet people like you insist faith is the way to go.
Coming here to whine about liberals while letting faith in your life and in your judgement is utterly hypocritical. Both you and the libtards live according to faith, not facts.

if you learned to read you would understand thats not even close to what im saying you fucking retard

What.
Religion survives because people believe it and pass it their beliefs. People don't look at the accomplishments or morals of religion, then decide whether believing it will benefit their lives and society as a whole.
Always value the truth over everything else.

She has a higher IQ than you do, OP, thats how.

Is that what Reverend Billybob teaches you in his sermons in the trailer after he's taken a couple of nice shots from the meth pipe?

she is probably right. and if there is a god he has nothing to do with the christian notion of one.

I wonder what these guys are up to nowadays

did they outgrow the fedora phase

>atheists say they dont believe in a god, they dont say there is no god
That would imply that they accept the fact that god could exist but they don't personally believe it. That's agnostic atheism. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

There's that bitterness (: God loves you user (;

people think agnosticism means you aren't sure (by people I mean casuals and youth)

it hurt when one of my favourite comedians ranted about how agnosticism was more rational than atheism because of... and then described atheism

She's exploring other ideas, maybe she'll come around. I guess the whole magic man in the sky that only did stuff thousands of years ago but is still totally 100% here thing didnt work for her.

If god exists why does he ignore everyone? That's kinda fucked up, at least he could give an answer like "Oh yeah I know the worlds fucked up and ideally you'd want it to be not fucked up but it's just really complicated why it's like that can't explain, just trust in me ok."
Then I'd believe. But nope talking to god is just talking to yourself, no answers. If I was god I wouldn't ignore anyone. I'm not having a one sided conversation with myself for no response, reaction or known cause, that's pitiful and makes no sense.

I grew up to be an atheist, but understand theistic ontological and epistemological argument, while still keeping to Christian "culture"
>The hardnosed disciplined parts, not the feel-good cherry picked interpretations

Maybe she'll grow to be another Spinoza. At the very least stop her from regressing into a blue haired Antifa agitator.

>If god exists why does he ignore everyone?
He is perfect, he doesn't give a shit about you or your definition of morality, he probably created all this by accident.
But he exists, i'm almost certain of it.

>how the fuck people find agnosticism more plausible is fucking beyond me
literally brain damage
I think he reasoned when you said how is it plausible.
Maybe people should call themselves ambivalent instead of agnostic. I think the word actually confuses more than helps especially relating to beliefs,

She is smart. Don't send her to Molenbeek. Because that's what you are, a radical.

Just tell him to not be a fedora about it

How could god create anything by accident when he is god and knows the future?

>She was raised in a Christian family. How is this possible?

different brainstructure. possibly even lack of certain nutrients while the mom was pregnant with her that led to a failed development of the part in the brain that favors a healthy sense of spirituality and faith. not even joking here.

also, personality type comes into play. if she is a fedoratipper type like ISTJ or some bullshit then she's probably more likely to be atheist than not. it's not a must though. if she's a feeling and perceiving type, then she's more likely to be spiritually inclined.

it has nothing to do with you raising her one way or another. it's all in her head.

Just tell her this
>you cant celebrate christmas with us
>you cant get married in a church or by a priest if you want to, this means no vows, no matrimony no nothing
>we dont share the same values and i hope you see how important this in the future

there's nothing really you could do

>what is Esau
Not your fault, God has not regenerated her. You cannot save anyone, only God can.

Romans 9:6-21

But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For not all who are descended from Israel belong to Israel, 7 and not all are children of Abraham because they are his offspring, but p“Through Isaac shall your offspring be named.” 8 This means that it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as offspring. 9 For this is what the promise said: r“About this time next year I will return, and Sarah shall have a son.” 10 And not only so, but also when Rebekah had conceived children by one man, our forefather Isaac, 11 though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad—in order that God's purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls—12 she was told, u“The older will serve the younger.” 13 As it is written, v“Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”
14 What shall we say then? wIs there injustice on God's part? By no means! 15 For he says to Moses, x“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” 16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion,2 but on God, who has mercy. 17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, y“For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” 18 So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills.
19 You will say to me then, “Why does he still find fault? For who can resist his will?” 20 But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me like this?” 21 Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump done vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use?

>burning eternally
>alright
Is this supposed to be that witty British humor I've heard so much about?

Puberty rebellion.

This. I kinda wish I could really go through with the whole thing.

Look man, none of the labels fit their original purpose anymore. I mostly call myself nonreligious these days, to avoid be lumped in with the stereotypes. I don't want to take a stance on a hypothetical, like the teacup in orbit or the invisible pink unicorn or the peaceful muslim. Yes, unproven claims tend to be false. No, that does not mean all unproven claims will be provably false. Can I just not give a shit?

Based

>he thinks the ressurrection of Christ was a fairy tale, one that compelled 12 apostles to travel the world living on nothing to preach the Gospel, and was witnessed by hundreds of people and is alluded to in dozens of documents from both the testaments and secular sources

>sheep
what a nice compliment, I love being one of Christ's sheep

How old is she? Most people I know went through an atheist phase in high school and even into college ages. Including my mother.

spbp

just pray over it and plant the seed in her heart. The lord works in mysterious ways user. Treat her with love over it mate. This is coming from an ex-atheist.

>Believing in magic and ghosts and things is for children and old women and the retarded.

there is documented paranormal activity. don't be stupid. magic is real too. I mean, Sup Forums has literally memed Trump into presidency by praising an egyptian frog god.